Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

How Long Does It Take To Clear Bank Cheque In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Long Does It Take To Clear Bank Cheque In Nigeria (12585 Views)

Aminu Suleiman: Cheque For Bola Tinubu Nomination And Expression Forms Ready / How Long Does It Take To Get Original Nigerian National ID Card?? / Obasanjo Receiving N300 Million Cheque From Femi Otedola In Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does It Take To Clear Bank Cheque In Nigeria by my2019mind: 9:00am On Apr 10, 2019
Please people I would like to know this, it is important and urgent. Especially for Polaris Bank cheque. Thanks.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Clear Bank Cheque In Nigeria by SolutionMee: 9:05am On Apr 10, 2019
cheesy

Naija police will give you full details
Re: How Long Does It Take To Clear Bank Cheque In Nigeria by Opinionated: 9:31am On Apr 10, 2019
my2019mind:
Please people I would like to know this, it is important and urgent. Especially for Polaris Bank cheque. Thanks.

3 working days.
Re: How Long Does It Take To Clear Bank Cheque In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 10, 2019
If it's same bank's cheque, it clears immediately after lodgement but if it's other bank's cheque, paid into your account within same town/city where you opened the account, it's 48 hours. If it's other bank's cheque paid into your account outside your jurisdiction i.e. a cheque of bank A, paid into a bank B( your bank) outside of the town or city where your account is domiciled, it takes up to 3 days to clear.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Clear Bank Cheque In Nigeria by SarkinYarki: 9:44am On Apr 10, 2019
These days it's 24 hours of all goes well butvknow it can't exceed 3 days
Re: How Long Does It Take To Clear Bank Cheque In Nigeria by HisSexcellency(m): 9:49am On Apr 10, 2019
my2019mind:
2 working days. Present cheque on Wednesday, the money will drop by Friday 6am
Re: How Long Does It Take To Clear Bank Cheque In Nigeria by Afamed: 9:51am On Apr 10, 2019
fairfora:
If it's same bank's cheque, its 24 hours but if it's other bank's cheque, paid into your account within same town/city where you opened the account, it's 48 hours. If it's other bank's cheque paid into your account outside your jurisdiction i.e. a cheque of bank A, paid into a bank B( your bank) outside of the town or city where your account is domiciled, it takes up to 3 days to clear.
How could a cheque within your bank clears 24hrs? It's immediately clearance because it does not pass through any clearing / CBN process again. A first bank cheque , presented in another first bank , does not go for clearing. A cheque from another bank can only clear after 24hours depending if it is presented before 9am / 10am because every cheque goes for CBN clearing by that time. Any cheque after that will wait till the following day.

6 Likes

Re: How Long Does It Take To Clear Bank Cheque In Nigeria by Afamed: 9:53am On Apr 10, 2019
HisSexcellency:
2 working days. Present cheque on Wednesday, the money will drop by Friday 6am
With exception to some states , I know of Lagos. The clearing hour is 24 hours if presented before 9am
Re: How Long Does It Take To Clear Bank Cheque In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:04am On Apr 10, 2019
Afamed:

How could a cheque within your bank clears 24hrs? It's immediately clearance because it does not pass through any clearing / CBN process again. A first bank cheque , presented in another first bank , does not go for clearing. A cheque from another bank can only clear after 24hours depending if it is presented before 9am / 10am because every cheque goes for CBN clearing by that time. Any cheque after that will wait till the following day.
Oh sorry, its same day I meant to state. In fact it clears immediately after lodgement. I've amended the post. Tnx. On other banks cheque, you're right on the presentation time but if the cheque is presented outside of the town or city where your account is domiciled, it takes 72 hours( working days only)specifically in the mid night into the 3rd day, regardless of when cheque goes to the clearing house.

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take To Clear Bank Cheque In Nigeria by Afamed: 10:20am On Apr 10, 2019
fairfora:
Oh sorry, its same day I meant to state. In fact it clears immediately after lodgement. I've amended the post. Tnx. On other banks cheque, you're right on the presentation time but if the cheque is presented outside of the town or city where your account is domiciled, it takes 72 hours( working days only)specifically in the mid night into the 3rd day, regardless of when cheque goes to the clearing house.
You are highly welcome brother

2 Likes

Re: How Long Does It Take To Clear Bank Cheque In Nigeria by HisSexcellency(m): 4:06pm On Apr 10, 2019
Afamed:

With exception to some states , I know of Lagos. The clearing hour is 24 hours if presented before 9am
Bros, it's same everywhere in Nigeria. If you like bring it by 8:05 am will still drop 2working days by 6am. Clearing at cbn ends by 2pm. No bank carries a single cheque to cbn to clear by 10am, they accumulate the cheques for the day and send for clearing before 1:30 - 2pm.

(1) (Reply)

3 APC House Of Rep Members Defect To PDP In Katsina / Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’ / We Have Evidence How PDP Plans To Make Nigeria Ungovernable For Buhari – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.