Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,908 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:01 AM

Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- (37408 Views)

Samuel Eto’o Involved In Car Accident In Cameroon, Suffers Head Injury / Samuel Eto’o Retires From Football / Ballon D’ Or 2018: Samuel Eto’o Reveals Player To Win Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by joncom(m): 6:06pm On Apr 10, 2019
babawella:

Modric contribution to the team was more than his (CR7) last season, hence his being crowned as world best. Yes Ronaldo had more goals than him in country and club yet his (Modric) contribution was more. Yes goals determine the winner of games, but the goal scorer is not always the biggest contributor to the team. That's why Ronaldinho was the world best ahead Eto'o and Henry in their time, Canavaro, a defender won world best, Figo, Zidane etc won world best despite not being the highest goal scorers.

You are right. No wonder Messi is called the greatest. He not only scores tonnes of goals but tonnes of assist.
Messi is further from the goal post than any of the front three and the midfielders, but still scores more than any striker in the world. That is the more reason he is better than Ronaldo.
#my_6pence
Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by chiboy1116: 6:07pm On Apr 10, 2019
afroxyz:

did rivaldo win UCL with Barcelona?
did kubala ? No, did the old Luis Suarez win one ? No . But they were all better than eto.
Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by Ozkar: 6:18pm On Apr 10, 2019
afroxyz:

weren't messi's best moments with xavi and iniesta?
no. Messi's best moments aren't over, for those who actually watch him play. There are things he's doing now that he didn't when Xavi and Iniesta were in Barça, like the freekick expertise.

I might be wrong, but I don't think Eto'o was ever Barcelona's best player in any season. He wasn't even remotely the main reason why Pep was successful in 2009. Unless you are talking about 2006. Even then there was Ronaldinho.

Suarez has even overtaken him on the all-time goals chart for Barca.
Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by Jokerman(m): 6:31pm On Apr 10, 2019
babawella:

Overall Yes he did! If not he wouldn't have won world best ahead of Messi and C. Ronaldo. And CR7 performed better than Messi that season that's why he was ahead of Messi. No sentiment about it. A player natural potential is different from actual performance in a given season. That's why people who knows the game would tell you Ronaldinho is the most naturally gifted of this generation but Messi and CR7 play more purposeful football than him hence their greater achievement. Messi is more gifted but CR7 is the most hardworking football player I even known. In that line of comparison, CR7 and Messi are of better quality naturally, but for last season, Modric topped the 2 in performance EOD!

With these points i drop my arguments
Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 10, 2019
d first time.. i saw it... i thought it was just a mere joke...but now i know dat.. dat dude(eto fil) is more serious in his jealousy
Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by AllenSpencer: 7:40pm On Apr 10, 2019
No sportsman will ever achieve the feets of Micheal Jordan.

LeBron can just try, Kobi tried. But his dynamics, precision and accuracy of how he got to the top can never be broken.

It anyone will come close, it should be a Schumacher
Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by DONADAMS(m): 7:49pm On Apr 10, 2019
babawella:

Oga, your claim was wrong. There was never a time Eto'o was a king in Barcelona. A king of a team is that player that's the most feared by opponent, most influential to the team, and he whose absence affected the team most and make opponent happy. The king of Barcelona and indeed the king of world football during Eto'o reign was Ronaldinho. After Dinho reign starts Messis'. Though Eto'o score significant number of goals but that doesn't make him the king. its like saying CR7 was the king of Real Madrid last season because he scored more goals than Modric, or saying Neyma/Suarez were the king when in Barcelona because they were also influential and scoring goals. So Eto'o lied cus he wasn't the king: Messi was and still is.
the rubbish you said about Madrid just spoilt your beautiful post...kapish!

2 Likes

Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by Zeusc(m): 8:10pm On Apr 10, 2019
Quality over quantity
Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by Mike4S: 8:11pm On Apr 10, 2019
As a Barcelona fan, I wished it was chimerical when I heard his departure news. He's the reason why Barcelona did not win UCL back to back the year he left. Eto is good and beside he's an elusive runner that every footballer is dreaming of.
He may be right anyway

1 Like

Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by oluwaahmed: 8:19pm On Apr 10, 2019
Starz825:

grin grin grin grin...pray for man utd...Dem sick...I dey wonder the kind beatings wey go happen this night...I don't knw abt second leg ooo but tonight man utd go chop am so tey no be say Dem no go score oo but Dem go chop chop Dem go tire

Dem don already begin chop am within just 12 mins

Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by samydo(m): 8:36pm On Apr 10, 2019
dis one want to tell us dat hé is still alive
Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by theDEVILisHERE: 12:22pm On Apr 15, 2019
DanXplore:

Messi is the Michael Jackson of football. No footballer in history has been spoken of like Messi, he will not be forgotten that easily. Such talents come once in centuries. If you do not agree, then go suck a lemon cheesy

What nonsense? @!?!!

Messi is not half as popular as Ronaldo 9 was when he was the global sports superstar
Not to talk of the gods Pele and Maradonna who were literally worshipped

His world wide appeal is at the level of George best
After retirement he'll fade in no time, a decade at most
Same for Cristiano

Their era is too low class to command such level of appeal
He is more of a Justin Bieber

Only Pele and Maradonna achieved that Micheal Jackson level status
Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by theDEVILisHERE: 12:31pm On Apr 15, 2019
AllenSpencer:
No sportsman will ever achieve the feets of Micheal Jordan.

LeBron can just try, Kobi tried. But his dynamics, precision and accuracy of how he got to the top can never be broken.

It anyone will come close, it should be a Schumacher

"..no sportsman.. "
You cannot compare Michael Jordan to Pele or Maradonna
Basket ball remains a low class sport
Football is global

Football stars remain the dominant sport men
Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 15, 2019
theDEVILisHERE:

What nonsense? @!?!!

Messi is not half as popular as Ronaldo 9 was when he was the global sports superstar
Not to talk of the gods Pele and Maradonna who were literally worshipped

His world wide appeal is at the level of George best
After retirement he'll fade in no time, a decade at most
Same for Cristiano

Their era is too low class to command such level of appeal
He is more of a Justin Bieber

Only Pele and Maradonna achieved that Micheal Jackson level status

I don’t argue with people who do cannot see beyond their nose.
Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by theDEVILisHERE: 12:56pm On Apr 15, 2019
DanXplore:

I don’t argue with people who do cannot see beyond their nose.

These are facts
You didn't follow football pre 2000's else you cannot dispute this

Even in the most remote villages the average person knew who Pele and Maradonna were
Can't say same for Christiano or Messi

Maradonna or Pele visiting a country was a major global event
All global media (Tv, radio) would be there for the live event
Bigger than the Pope or any world leader visiting
There is no comparison here

Pele, Maradonna, Micheal Jackson, Elvis Presley, Bruce Lee, 2pac, Bob Marley achieved a global following modern celebrities cannot match
Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by Nostradamus: 2:46pm On Nov 07, 2019
theDEVILisHERE:

"..no sportsman.. "
You cannot compare Michael Jordan to Pele or Maradonna
Basket ball remains a low class sport
Football is global

Football stars remain the dominant sport men
go tell them this in Philippines,usa,lithuania,hong Kong or Malaysia.
Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by theDEVILisHERE: 4:26pm On Nov 08, 2019
Nostradamus:
go tell them this in Philippines,usa,lithuania,hong Kong or Malaysia.

4 nations is not the whole world
Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by Nostradamus: 8:11pm On Nov 08, 2019
theDEVILisHERE:

4 nations is not the whole world

it's not the whole world that's crazy for football(soccer).
Re: Samuel Eto’o: ‘I Made Barcelona A Winning Team & Not Lionel Messi’- by theDEVILisHERE: 11:39pm On Nov 08, 2019
Nostradamus:
it's not the whole world that's crazy for football(soccer).

The whole world is crazy about football
It is world's number 1 sport

fact

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Injured Messi Spotted Watching Barcelona Game With His 1st Son / Egypt Sacks Javier Aguirre, President Abou-rida Resigns After AFCON Exit / Asisat Oshoala wins Player of the Match after Falcons Beat Korea Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.