Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,759 members, 7,798,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Who Checks Commercial Vehicles? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Checks Commercial Vehicles? (813 Views)

10 Simple Car Safety Checks You Should Know How To Do / Speed Limiter Device On Commercial Vehicles / Coscharis Ford Auto Plant In Nigeria - 600 Vehicles Rolled Out Already (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Checks Commercial Vehicles? by EngRichie: 10:33am On Apr 10, 2019
And that was how I boarded a bus at Iwo road park in Ibadan.

We set out and within seconds, I realized that I was in a sick vehicle. Shortly we passed the road safety marshals check point and as usual, they don't bother commercial vehicles.

Our highest speed was in the vicinity of 65km/hr from my judgement and even the trucks were overtaking. That itself was risky.

No single guage in that car works, not even the coolant temperature guage.

After Oyo, the storm and then rain started and behold the wiper wasn't functional.

Again, the driver doesn't utilize the side mirrors well before attempting to change lane. On few occasions, vehicles behind had to be defensive in their driving else we could have hit them.

By God's mercy and grace, we arrived safely.

But what I care to know is; who have we offended in this country that nothing seems to work?
Re: Who Checks Commercial Vehicles? by Wealthyone: 10:37am On Apr 10, 2019
Well, part of the duties of road safety officers...but do they do their job? no. As citizens, won't we protest they are wasting our time if they wanna do their job? yes.

1 Like

Re: Who Checks Commercial Vehicles? by Harrymig1(m): 10:47am On Apr 10, 2019
NURTW
Re: Who Checks Commercial Vehicles? by EngRichie: 11:36am On Apr 10, 2019
Hahahaa... What a country.
Harrymig1:
NURTW

(1) (Reply)

Gps Vehicle Tracking Installation By Ezilife Technology / Rang Rover 2013 / VIDEO: See How The Car Headrest Can Save A Life In A Car Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.