Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,947 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:12 AM

Political Promises - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Promises (915 Views)

Unrealistic Political Promises / SHOCKING VIDEO: President Jonathan Promises To Create Unemployment / Power Supply: I Won’t Make Empty Promises To Nigerians -jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Political Promises by balash(m): 8:51pm On Apr 29, 2007
Politician Words I Will Do This This And This

fellow Nairaland users when are we all going to stand out more matured in this country and keep our feet on what we want how on earth can a politician tell us in Nigeria that he will give us water,good road etc for god sake its pure madness? his he using his money to do anything is it not our money for god sake he is our servant its a most he do everything thats what we need someone that will focus more on that good roads and forget about going to work and coming back in the evening like a common Nigeria man its his right to do not promising anything lets all think like a matured fellow and do something fast? What's your view
Re: Political Promises by kellorah: 8:55pm On Apr 29, 2007
i don't know if it's what you're saying but i don't think we should be jumping up and down when 'they' manage to construct roads in nigeria, afterall, that's what they promised to do once in power, just like parents provide for their kids.

lol, 'he is our servant' cheesy
Re: Political Promises by balash(m): 9:02pm On Apr 29, 2007
kellorah its not sensible now how can they ?they promise as if the money they are willing to use is from there pocket its senseless when george want to access the throne of the president did he promise good roads,bore hole etc lol they are our servant so they should do what we send them and not promise us period walahi!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Political Promises by kellorah: 9:37pm On Apr 29, 2007
lol. is that how u see them? shocked cheesy
,well, they've taken up a duty, no one forced them to, so they should carry it out.
i don't see them as servants though.
Re: Political Promises by cuteass1(f): 1:40am On Apr 30, 2007
@ Ballash,

I get your point of view, really i do wink Yes they shouldn't promise things Cos its our money. Its not his money and in your words, "he's our servant"

Now view with me:

I believe in the saying, first things first

First of all, they're there to serve our country, but calling them servants to me would be the right choice of word undecided
Thousand of them have been there, promised us and yet didn't do a sh^t out of all they promised . . what have we done to those people?? Nothing, they're all walkiing about, squandering our money, doing none of the listed-promises but what have we done about it?? That's why when someone else comes along and promises, we get excited with a hidden hope that he does as promised wink

Now, why do we get happy when a handful of them actually carry out their promises?? well dear that's because the ones that do as they said, are much much lesser in number than the ones that don't. We say thankyou, Cos even though its all "our money", if they didn't do the things they promised, we would still not have done a thing about it!! So the thanks is to tell him that's he's appreciated amongst others and hopefully he'll do more wink

Anambra state, had this governor once that was sent from heaven, Anambra was really becoming a better place. But before we knew it, Obasanjo had already demolised him as a governor, why?? cry . I've come to believe that the leaders at large do not like the ones that actually do something worth-while with our money!!
Re: Political Promises by balash(m): 6:34pm On Oct 07, 2013
Funny as it may Seem! I posted this Messege back in 2007 ...lol and April 2011 I contested election in the position of house of assembly lagos island! But lost out.. Funny as it may seem I have been so much distinct fo long with an activist blood! N:B contested on an activist party *Prof Wole Soyinka's ?? Life is short!! Do I ever believe I will get to this height

(1) (Reply)

Can U Make The Difference? / Freedom Of Information Bill Or Right To Information? / What I Have Tried To Do To Make Nigeria Better But Failed, Pls Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.