Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,922 members, 7,806,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Is POS Business Profitable? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is POS Business Profitable? (67706 Views)

Is POS Business Worth It? My Opinion / How Profitable Is POS Business . / Is Data Reselling Business Profitable? Answered In Detailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by jrusky(m): 1:59pm On Apr 11, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
Nigeria is in chaos already! In saner climes POS is being used for the sole purpose of POINT OF SALE situations and not the way it has been publicised currently..

If you want to join the money market business, better go buy FG bonds or jump into the NSE. Goodluck and stay blessed!

Bro it would have be more appreciated to the house if you can educate those who might not have the idea what or how to go about the Fed Govt Bond you mentioned.
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by immaq8(f): 2:03pm On Apr 11, 2019
TechCapon:
It's very profitable. I mean very profitable. A friend of mine opened up a POS cash withdrawal point in a rural community where there's no bank. Before he came to the community, the people always travel long distance to the town just to withdraw but his services eliminated the stress and risk.
His services also saved them money. Today he has 4 different branches and is planning to convert them into a microfinance bank.
The guy is rolling in money but the risk is too much because he's always moving around with huge amounts of physical cash and no security.
He has over 10 girls working for him as cashiers, he just sleeps at home and watch credit alert and debit alerts busting into his phone grin

One of his sales girls stole 100k cash from him and it took him 3 weeks to discover it, that's to tell you he has too much money grin

He would have arrested her if not that I asked him to forgive her, the girl is too beautiful to face that kind of public embarrassment but he finally sacked her

If you want to make good profit just move away from the city and open it in a community that has no banking services, pay policemen that will be patrolling the area with their hilux and you're good to go. I'm telling you from experience
u get mouth. [b]
TechCapon:
It's very profitable. I mean very profitable. A friend of mine opened up a POS cash withdrawal point in a rural community where there's no bank. Before he came to the community, the people always travel long distance to the town just to withdraw but his services eliminated the stress and risk.
His services also saved them money. Today he has 4 different branches and is planning to convert them into a microfinance bank.
The guy is rolling in money but the risk is too much because he's always moving around with huge amounts of physical cash and no security.
He has over 10 girls working for him as cashiers, he just sleeps at home and watch credit alert and debit alerts busting into his phone grin

One of his sales girls stole 100k cash from him and it took him 3 weeks to discover it, that's to tell you he has too much money grin

He would have arrested her if not that I asked him to forgive her, the girl is too beautiful to face that kind of public embarrassment but he finally sacked her

If you want to make good profit just move away from the city and open it in a community that has no banking services, pay policemen that will be patrolling the area with their hilux and you're good to go. I'm telling you from experience
u get mouth. [/b]
TechCapon:

u get mouth. Pay police abi?
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by benson4u(m): 2:13pm On Apr 11, 2019
Taeewo:
You can use paylater as agency, paylater has advanced that u can even deposit money on the app like u operating mobile wallet.
Pleased you can't use Paylater as an agency platform, the difference is much. Quicteller accepts cards from anyone to fund your wallet unlike Paylate. If you an agent you would understand. There are other limitations which paylater has that I don't want to mention. For convenience as borrowing,paying bills and individual transfer, paylater is good and cheaper but to use it as an agency platform is not possible. Mind you I use both platform ( Paylater and Quickteller) so I know what I'm talking about as an agent.

6 Likes

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by bendike: 2:23pm On Apr 11, 2019
TechCapon:

He should have poked her as repayment. Or was he poking her? grin
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Talkwisdom(m): 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2019
Countersam:

Am outside naija, Lagos is closest
No qualms
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by idris4eva(m): 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2019
I'm into the business and I can say its very profitable but location matters most. But it has its own disadvantage too
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by idris4eva(m): 3:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Am a Paga agent,I want to knw how much is the commission for gotv plus sub on quickteller,Paga is now 138 for each transaction
I'm a pagan agent too and they charge 100 and give you back as your commission.
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by SouthSouth1914: 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2019
jrusky:

Bro it would have be more appreciated to the house if you can educate those who might not have the idea what or how to go about the Fed Govt Bond you mentioned.

Already did.., please go through the comments!!
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by leonard002(m): 4:18pm On Apr 11, 2019
idris4eva:
I'm into the business and I can say its very profitable but location matters most. But it has its own disadvantage too
Disadvantage, for example

1 Like

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Habeyy(m): 4:20pm On Apr 11, 2019
TroubleMaker47:
No it's not!
CBN recently increased POS tarrif to 0.75% as @ 1st March 2019. This means dat for every POS transaction of 20k, ur banks takes #150.
Also don't forget that to apply for a POS machine you need a current account with ur bank.
Current account has an account maintenance charge of .01% for outgoing transaction. That is for every #1,000 that leaves ur account( both withdrawal and transfer and even payment of bills) ur bank collects 1 naira.
Finally when u consider sms charges and other miscellaneous like POS paper etc u realize that POS NA SCAM!!!

But then again, it's business, if u can find a way to find a way to cut cost like negotiating ur bank "maintenance charge". Avoiding frequent withdrawal from the account except when necessary, printing only customers copy of the POS transaction( u don't really need ur copy, u can just record it and save paper)
You'll be fine. Goodluck
Pls stop misinforming people.You can just read comment and pass instead of doing this
Now to my point @op
I have a POS point and I'm planning to open two more
It is profitable as said by others
Go ahead
U can dm me if u need any assistance
I run paga

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:22pm On Apr 11, 2019
Habeyy:
Pls stop misinforming people.You can just read comment and pass instead of doing this
Now to my point @op
Go ahead
I run paga
Wat exactly is the misinformation? undecided

1 Like

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by decrownprince(m): 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2019
Yes is very profitable. Even after bank charges you will still have enough profile. Even in the cities where there is banks, you will still make your profile. Then if you are in rural area, then your profile will be much. They charge 5% of the total money u want to redraw and send when u use POS. And u will also need to use ur phone for transferring money, cause some people will like to post money to their accounts or send to their love one. And if the money they want to redraw or send is too much, u may be give them discount. In my location @ Belel, Maiha LGA, Adamawa State. No ATM or Bank, the nearest bank is 4hours trip with #1400 transport. They charge 5% for redraw or transfer. A day, more than 30 people use it. Just image 30 people redraw 10k, that is #300,000 and your profit will be 15k. Then in 28 days u will make #420,000 profit. Let say u give discount of #20,000. You will still have #400,000 in profile. I hope this help.

15 Likes

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
Taeewo:
You can use paylater as agency, paylater has advanced that u can even deposit money on the app like u operating mobile wallet.

Pls can u enlighten me more on this business. Am interested in it

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by zomu(m): 5:32pm On Apr 11, 2019
If you think your business needs POS terminal or like to open agency banking outlet, download XPRESS AGENT APP from play store to register. contact me if you need any clarification. 08156629896

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2019
Valindazz:
I have a shop currently where I’m doing it and other services. I can say it’s profitable. I make close to 20k weekly

Pls mpos and pos which is better? Thanks
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by perryy(m): 6:15pm On Apr 11, 2019
I have built two standard houses here in Ogun state From pos business. I used to make like 50k per day I. My two shops. But now , it has become opuelke. Every Conner and every street.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Chibu4u(m): 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2019
Defela111:
As for the requirements, it depends on your bank. Gtbank told me I need to turned over like N1m a month before I could be considered for POS, FCMB asked me to turn over like N5m a month to qualify. However, another option was to purchase the POS from the bank. Gtbank at N100k and FCMB at N73k. If you purchase the machine from them, it means you owned it, the bank cannot come to retrieve it if you don't make sales, remember banks are in it to make commission from your POS sales.

how do I go about it please?

I need one from FCMB..
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Ope101(m): 7:39pm On Apr 11, 2019
If at all there's anyone interested in getting a POS terminal for business purpose, you can chat me up on 08106646112 for terms and charges. Thank you...
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Reeberry: 10:09pm On Apr 11, 2019
centboy123456:

but if it a guy now u will tell him to arrested him so because she is beautiful u told him not to arrest her guy it not fair at all or be like say u dry F/uck that girl
That Techcapon na confirm woman wrapper.
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by DaCharis2016: 7:41am On Apr 12, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
Nigeria is in chaos already! In saner climes POS is being used for the sole purpose of POINT OF SALE situations and not the way it has been publicised currently..

If you want to join the money market business, better go buy FG bonds or jump into the NSE. Goodluck and stay blessed!
How, pls? Enlighten me on how one can do them online
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Yoighaman(m): 10:15am On Apr 12, 2019
Acidosis:

I think it is profitable but ensure you have an exit strategy. Businesses like that thrive on very low skill sets and have higher chances of drowning. Such businesses attract people who are in to make money and cash out real quick, like they did to ankara business, makeup, recharge card, etc. As soon as you start seeing free seminars every Saturday at all corners of the country, please run, your business don cast.

To survive and thrive for long, you need either a capital intensive business or a knowledge intensive business. Both rarely attract people.

When/if you don't have an alternate idea, then stay innovative. Your biggest customers for instance are the illiterates in the society. Think of how to impress them, and find a way to make that transaction seamless and simple. A sales girl once offered to pick my beans after I had purchased some quantity in her shop. That's innovation! By doing more, you can stay longer and earn more.

Brilliant!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by raiszy2k(m): 8:32pm On Apr 13, 2019
TechCapon:

I don't understand how you guys reason

1 Like

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by TechCapon(m): 8:35pm On Apr 13, 2019
raiszy2k:
I don't understand how you guys reason
but it's true
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by dagok(f): 2:24pm On Apr 19, 2019
Habeyy:
Now to my point @op
Go ahead
I run paga

2 Likes

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by namedo: 6:32pm On Apr 19, 2019
Opay and Paycentre are best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 19, 2019
namedo:
Opay and Paycentre are best
whats makes them differ from paga , firstmoney. Kudibolt etc
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Tybarca(m): 9:51am On May 07, 2019
Are you into POS Business or Sport Betting Business?
Do you own or run a supermarket or eatery and offer receipts to customers ?

You can get your POS Thermal paper or Betting Paper at very cheap and affordable cost from us at Prime Papers.

57X50 POS paper sells for just #9000 while
80X80 Betting and Cash Receipts paper sells for #12000
We are based in Lagos and you can call or WhatsApp 08037214489 to contact me for business

Thanks
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by oluplus(m): 5:52pm On May 07, 2019
Planning to start soon

1 Like

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Jethro2018: 11:22pm On Jun 09, 2019
Pls can I call you?

Valindazz:
Go to your bank and they fill a form. Everything is free there try and get your acct officers no and use call and finish en life so they will process it and deliver it to you within 2weeks. You don’t need any money to start it. Just have a reason amount you can use and be transacting. If you start with 50k, that means that you will not let anyone come and withdraw more than 50k na.
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by jazboy(m): 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2019
Planning to start this POS Business soon, still considering where to get the POS Machine from, I came across O PAY online and there offer seems very attractive, are they safe to deal with?, network and other related issues.

1 Like

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by samonom(m): 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2019
perryy:
I have built two standard houses here in Ogun state From pos business. I used to make like 50k per day I. My two shops. But now , it has become opuelke. Every Conner and every street.
Nija
Impossible
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by samonom(m): 5:46pm On Jul 03, 2019
jazboy:
Planning to start this POS Business soon, still considering where to get the POS Machine from, I came across O PAY online and there offer seems very attractive, are they safe to deal with?, network and other related issues.
visit any first Bank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash / Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses / Betonmarkets Alerts: Season 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.