Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,370 members, 7,808,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Is POS Business Profitable? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is POS Business Profitable? (67737 Views)

Is POS Business Worth It? My Opinion / How Profitable Is POS Business . / Is Data Reselling Business Profitable? Answered In Detailed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 21, 2020
Valindazz:
Go to your bank and they fill a form. Everything is free there try and get your acct officers no and use call and finish en life so they will process it and deliver it to you within 2weeks. You don’t need any money to start it. Just have a reason amount you can use and be transacting. If you start with 50k, that means that you will not let anyone come and withdraw more than 50k na.
bro thanks for your sincere input. Pls which bank is the best and what account would they require before one can eligibly apply for the POS.
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 21, 2020
Habeyy:
Good evening bro Download OPAY app Fill the necessary requirement on the app to get to kyc 3 and agent level Then chat the customer support on the target you should meet to get POS You will excel bro Start now
can u tell me more on opay charges and commission
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 21, 2020
Habeyy:
Good evening bro Download OPAY app Fill the necessary requirement on the app to get to kyc 3 and agent level Then chat the customer support on the target you should meet to get POS You will excel bro Start now
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by empire02: 12:03am On May 22, 2020
Malawii:
For your POS repair such as :

PAX S90
PAX s920
PAX D210
NEXGO

Please send me A PM

Can you help me purchase nexgo..
How much is it?

1 Like

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by olamidarsenal(m): 8:22am On May 22, 2020
lovecares34:
0.70% on every successful withdrawal
#10 for every transfer.

They also charge #50 stamp duty on any withdrawal from 10k and above
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Nobody: 10:19am On May 22, 2020
olamidarsenal:

0.70% on every successful withdrawal
#10 for every transfer.

They also charge #50 stamp duty on any withdrawal from 10k and above
OK thanks bro. how about withdraws below 10k. how much would they charge for that pls.
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by empire02: 10:43am On May 22, 2020
operationmoses:
Anybody that needs pos for business irrespective of your location should chat me up on 09070314423
Hello
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by olamidarsenal(m): 1:17pm On May 22, 2020
lovecares34:
OK thanks bro. how about withdraws below 10k. how much would they charge for that pls.

0.70% for every withdrawal.
On every successful withdrawal, they will charge u 0.70%.
E.g if u withdraw 5k for someone, they will charge u 0.70% x 5000= 35. Let's say u charge the customer 100 for 5k, they will remove 35, the remaining 75 is your own.

Hope u grab

3 Likes

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by neutralmind: 2:55pm On May 22, 2020
Can this business thrive in a location with few banks already.

Any creative idea one can use to attract customers?
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 22, 2020
olamidarsenal:

0.70% for every withdrawal.
On every successful withdrawal, they will charge u 0.70%.
E.g if u withdraw 5k for someone, they will charge u 0.70% x 5000= 35. Let's say u charge the customer 100 for 5k, they will remove 35, the remaining 75 is your own.

Hope u grab
okk I get you now. thanks
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by MGDIMA4: 11:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
Who
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by tglobal08(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2020
ErnyyBobo:
Thanks to those who picked interest on the MoniePoint platform.. We are here to serve you better

If you are in ibadan and you need a POS for business purpose or you know someone else who needs a POS. . I can help you get a POS from MONIEPOINT... With an attractive offer. ..

Delivered to you at your location in less than 2weeks. Whatsapp or call this number: 0816eightZeroFour5340.

Please I have interest.. Whataspp me up on 07035531304
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Wonder1844(m): 3:06pm On Jun 17, 2020
Has anybody here used Itex pos machine? Pls I want to know if its effective.
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by phessyphemzzy(m): 11:23am On Jun 18, 2020
Valindazz:
Bank charges 7.50 naira on every 1k so when someone comes to withdraw 1000, i charge them 100naira so so you minus the 7.50 from 100, the rest is your gain. Then, add nepa payment to it and cable subscription. Bank give out pos free but it have to have someone to help you fasten up the process. Then also, you need money in your account for deposit too. When someone comes to deposit 10k to another account, i charge 150, then normally bank charges for transfer frm cbn is 52naira which you know, the rest is your gain. My first trail, i made 31k that week and i was like wow.

Pls how can we talk?? My mail is opened
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Akinadeakintayo(m): 3:49am On Jun 27, 2020
Wonder1844:
Has anybody here used Itex pos machine? Pls I want to know if its effective.

Very effective.
I am using etransact pos and it's okay.
Call me on 07061522602 for further enquiries
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Akinadeakintayo(m): 3:52am On Jun 27, 2020
empire02:

How much is it?

Yes, it goes for 20,000

Call me or whatsapp 07061522602
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Akinadeakintayo(m): 2:26pm On Jun 27, 2020
empire02:

How much is it?

Let me get it for you at token Price.
Delivery is 7days
Price N20,000
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by ogeodi(f): 10:47pm On Jul 08, 2020
Pls I want to start the business, which is the best to buy with good network or do I get from my bank?
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by ArticleBeast: 5:43am On Jul 09, 2020
uuzba:

....and she went with the N100,000?

And if it was one UGLY MAN, you would have all gathered to burn him with tire?

Everybody will face God's judgment
You dey believe the guy

1 Like

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by imhere: 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2020
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by udumosam23(m): 11:07am On Aug 22, 2020
1. We facilitate distribution of interswitch configured POS machines.
- Agents pay 30 naira flat rate charge for all transactions from 1k-300k to our agency.
- Customer is debited 10 naira for amount below 10k, 26 naira for amount below 50k, and 52 naira for above 50k-300k. That's all for internal charges. No other hidden bank charges.
- POS is Electronic transfer machine, can complete card transfers directly to 3rd party.
- All transactions have instant value.
- Will take only 48k to process and POS machine will be ready in less than two weeks after payment is made.
- POS has a benchmark of 200 transactions or above after first month of claim.

2. We are open to partners or super agents in the distribution of our POS.
- Partner will fill a registration form and submit online.
- partner buys POS machines (pax s90) from our recommended companies/organizations.
- We identify and configure POS and send to Partner. (if they so desire)
- Partner dispatch POS to agents around him/her. (we help partner dispatch if need be)
- partner charges 30 naira or more from agents per transaction
- partner pays 15 naira to our agency per transaction.
- maximum number of POS machine to be purchased by a partner is 10 at a time. Minimum is 4.

- only one partner will be accepted in an area. Only 3 partners will be accepted in a state except Lagos.

This offer is open only for a limited time.

3. We are also open to investors (financial) to fund some of our agency paypoints.

- investor fills and submit an agreement form online.
- investor lodges certain amount not below 200k and not above 2m.
- investors now get 2.5% monthly for all amount invested.
- investors get back their initial capital at the expiration of agreed period of investment.
This offer also is open for a limited time.

08066016141 call/watsapp
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by chinochizzy: 12:24pm On Aug 22, 2020
Am interested in this POS business my location is Lagos State,
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by udumosam23(m): 12:39pm On Aug 22, 2020
chinochizzy:
Am interested in this POS business my location is Lagos State,

Hit me up let chat
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Ogundibo(m): 5:40am On Sep 16, 2020
Please how can I Repair my Pos machine nexgo
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Ogundibo(m): 5:42am On Sep 16, 2020
Malawii:
For your POS repair such as :

PAX S90
PAX s920
PAX D210
NEXGO

Please send me A PM
how can I get you to repair my Pos
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by zomu(m): 10:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
The Kolomoni POS/MPOS is an affordable pocket-sized mobile point of sale device.

Function:
The MPOS is used to carry out financial services. The device is paired to your smartphone via bluetooth before transactions can be made. Therefore, you need to ensure you have a smartphone you intend to use with the MPOS. In addition, the Kolomoni MPOS does not print receipts. In order to issue receipts to customers that need it, you need to purchase a thermal bluetooth printer.

Products/Services:
Bank Transfer
Cashout/Withdrawal
Airtime/Data
Electricity Bill Payment
Cable TV Subscription

Call me for business : 08058262444
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Evell: 7:39pm On Mar 05, 2021
10 tips on pos business : how to startup the right way

POS busines, also referred to as agent banking business is an extension of the services offered by financial institutions to enable easy service offering to a wide range of customers.

The rise of the POS business in Nigeria is therefore as a result of people's quest to live life more conveniently, through easy access to financial services.

Point of sale (POS) accepts debit/credit cards the same way ATM does and as such,
it offers a wide range of varying services such as funds withdrawal and transfer, sales of airtime, utility bills payment such as GoTV, DSTV, Startimes, PHCN and the likes. It is mostly used in places where goods are sold or services rendered, places like super Markets, retail shops, offices, filling or gas stations, pharmacies, eateries, just name it.

However, it thrives more in rural areas, semi-urban centers, the unbanked and underbanked communities.

It is thus, more profitable in communities with no banks and places where ATMs are not enough to serve the financial needs of the community.

Although POS operators are sometimes called bank agents, they are not serving as direct employees of the bank. They however deliver banking services on behalf of the banks on an agreed commission.

By simply creating easy access to financial transactions in varying locations, the agent banking business has afforded business owners and individuals an additional and reliable source of income.

The point of sale (POS) business began basically in 2013,following the release of the guidelines on the operations and management of the business by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). It has thus remained one of the retail channels of various commercial banks in the country to extend their bank services to a large number of people.

How to get pos machine for business

A POS operator owns and operates a retail outlet where he conducts the financial transactions and enable clients to either withdraw, deposit, transfer funds, pay bills, recharge airtime, or carry out other related services and he can either acquire a POS machine through banks or agency banks.

They are third party agents and can be an agent to as many banks as they can serve.

The banks equip the agents with point-of-sale (POS) card reader, mobile phone, barcode scanner, personal identification number (PIN) pads, personal computer, etc.

However, in a case where you don't want to collect the pos machine from bank(s), you can purchase from companies that are licensed to sell them. There are registered aggregator with CBN licensed PTSP (issuers of pos terminal in Nigeria).

It is worthy of note that POS machine varies in price depending on the agency company that is selling and the specification of the point of sales machine in question. It may thus be a 2G, 3G, or 4G POS machine. The price therefore ranges from as low as 45,000 to as high as 200,000 naira.

Complete guide on how to start POS business In Nigeria

As already noted, the POS business tends to thrive more in rural areas or semi-urban centers. That is, in places where there are no banks or few ATMs to serve the people. This strategy and others explained below will give you a head start on how to make the most of this lucrative business venture.

1.) Have an existing business / sales point

The Central Bank of Nigeria is very particular about the business entities that qualify to be agents. As such, extra care is taken by commercial banks before they authorise an agent for their retail banking.

To be eligible therefore, you must have an existing business in operation at least for a period of 12 months. You must also have a shop or office from which you operate. More so, you must have been registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as any of the following entities;

• Limited Liability Company
• Sole Proprietorship
• Partnership
• Cooperative Societies
• Public Entities
• Trusts or any other entity aside faith-based or NGOs.

Starting a POS business or serving as a bank agent is possible and easy once you meet up with the above requirements.

2.) Approach a Bank

Virtually all Nigerian banks allow agent banking services and luckily, the CBN guide allows being an agent for as many banks as you can serve. You're thus at liberty to decide on the bank(s) of your choice and approach same to get the details of their requirements.

Basically, you will need to fill some agreement forms / documents on the transaction conditions. After which, the bank will review your application in line the CBN and internal criteria as well and then enter into a binding agreement with you if you meet all requirements.

More so, you must have an account for a direct deposit for the sole purpose of the business and also provide some documents as part of the requirements for the proposal.

Some of the required documents include;

Read more
https://nairalanceblog.com/2021/03/05/10-tips-on-pos-business-how-to-startup-the-right-way/

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Curdlebug(m): 7:56am On Mar 09, 2021
missyojo:

Alright, thank you sir for your response. I appreciate
were you able to get the POS machine from the bank
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by missyojo(f): 10:04am On Mar 09, 2021
Curdlebug:
were you able to get the POS machine from the bank

No. I didn't make attempts
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by realnid: 10:50am On Mar 09, 2021
Nice post. Best article sharing lots of information. Thanks. [url]Realnid.com[/url]

Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by Curdlebug(m): 12:17pm On Mar 09, 2021
I need a POS machine ASAP.... How have an idea how to get it ASAP
Re: Is POS Business Profitable? by leonard002(m): 8:38am On Mar 14, 2021
Curdlebug:
I need a POS machine ASAP.... How have an idea how to get it ASAP
I suggest you find out from people already doing the POS business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dangote Rice Hits Nigerian Market As Price Of Rice Is Set To Crash / Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses / Betonmarkets Alerts: Season 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.