Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,607 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:06 PM

Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh (20912 Views)

2023: Atiku, Tambuwal Have Indicated Interest In Contesting Presidency - Makinde / Again, Ondo Amotekun ‘Deports’ 137 Northerners From State / Presidency Backs El-rufai, Says Peter Obi Deported Northerners From Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by emmykk(m): 2:25pm On Apr 11, 2019
hisexcellency34:
I disagree. After 8 years of the North, it's the turn of South, though an unwritten agreement.

Obj 8years = Buhari 8years
Gej 8years= Another Northern
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by Malcolm123: 2:41pm On Apr 11, 2019
plsss allow the Igbo's to punish Yoruba Muslim by voting Hausa Muslim .....let allow Hausa Muslim to rule for the next 8 years .....after dat let us now see who Hausa Muslim is going to hand over power to ....weda SE or Yoruba Muslim ...... ( by now everybody suppose know the ansa )

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by hisexcellency34: 3:40pm On Apr 11, 2019
which answer?

Malcolm123:
plsss allow the Igbo's to punish Yoruba Muslim by voting Hausa Muslim .....let allow Hausa Muslim to rule for the next 8 years .....after dat let us now see who Hausa Muslim is going to hand over power to ....weda SE or Yoruba Muslim ...... ( by now everybody suppose know the ansa )
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by Kennydoc(m): 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2019
Honor10:

oga in that 1999, an ibo man Alex ekuewema contested, it's not that anyone give SW on a platter of gold

Ekwueme contested for PDP primaries and lost to Obasanjo cos the PDP hierarchy (especially those from the North) had agreed to zone the presidency to SW cos of Abiola.

Who did Obasanjo contest against in the main election? Was it not a Yoruba man? How come nobody else from any other region came out to contest?
We all know that if the North wanted to remain in power, they would have formed another party in that 1998 to contest the 1999 elections, since PDP decided to zone their presidency to SW.
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by Quorax: 4:13pm On Apr 11, 2019
Thetruthshallse:
Wow!!! Reading Igbo people comment on this thread is an eye opener, so Igbo people finally accept that they have burnt all Goodwill bridges with other ethnic groups in Nigeria. That they can't be able to aspire to the highest office in the land? They are hereby promoting fulani/hausa to continue as president. Rich from people that usually call others slaves, maybe I don't understand what slaves means. SHAME
ODe
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by eagleeye2: 4:19pm On Apr 11, 2019
PrecisionFx:

""where was it signed?""

Daft question.

In 1999 who n who contested for presidency?
I will ignore the insult.
In 1999, the Northern Oligarch and the Military brass gave out the presidency to a Yoruba man, Obasanjo, as a means to pacify the race for what they did to Abiola. I am very well aware that Obasanjo wasn't the choice of the Yoruba.
The 'agreement' you are talking about, I already explained that the death of President Yaradua truncated the turn of the North.
Do you in all honesty believe that the North will still honor that same 'agreement' seeing that GEJ took their turn.
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by vexing(m): 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2019
Gandollaar:
This stupid old man. Nobody takes him and Tam David West serious.

Tinubu can only be president of iragbiji republic.
Always read the full story before making comments. He is trying to tell us in the south to sit up
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by Gandollaar(f): 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2019
vexing:

Always read the full story before making comments. He is trying to tell us in the south to sit up
We are not sitting up anything. Let northerners continue to rule till thy kingdom comes.
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by hisexcellency34: 4:58pm On Apr 11, 2019
what kind of mentality is that? Are they the only people in Nigeria who can rule?
Gandollaar:
We are not sitting up anything. Let northerners continue to rule till thy kingdom comes.
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by Quorax: 5:15pm On Apr 11, 2019
oluwaahmed:

That is if one party remains in power till then, they can therefore zone it. if it continues to change from APC to PDP then am sorry for the likes of Thièfnubu and other misguided SW. Politics is a game of numbers and the North has the numbers. That is why what we should have been fighting for is restructuring to true federalism or outright disintegration. The north cannot be fraudulently placed superior to the south in terms of politics, there should be a balance, a triangle or tripartite arrangement such that everybody depends on each other not one person being the overlord and every other person has to bow to his wish before support can be granted

The issue here is that SW have scattered the way things are for the South for the role they played in 2015. They should have ATLEAST allowed GEJ finished his term, to avoid something like this.

Now, PDP may want to field in a Northerner. Take a look at the states won by PDP in the just concluded guber in the North, it isn't by mistake. It is intentional. It is for the purpose of 2023. Kano may eventually fall to PDP through tribunal and if that happens, it is over for APC South West who are hoping on the North support.

I have a lot of screenshots that shows the North have warned that there will be no block vote after 2023. What this means is that, they will ONLY go after what will favour them. So let me ask you, which will favour them in 2023? A Northern president or Southern president? grin

The North knows they have upper hand and they will keep flipping between parties while holding on to power.

That is, 2023 they will be elected as president via PDP, after 8 years, they will switch to APC because APC will want to get back to the center... This circle will continue for a long time.. Because Tinubu couldn't be patient enough for his fellow Southern brother, disregarding the fact that ATLEAST OBJ had had that seat before.

The South South have not forgotten what happened, even if they have been silent. Tompolo boys are still active... They will be waiting for you because it pained them for what they went through.

South East will naturally follow the South South.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 11, 2019
eagleeye2:

I will ignore the insult.
In 1999, the Northern Oligarch and the Military brass gave out the presidency to a Yoruba man, Obasanjo, as a means to pacify the race for what they did to Abiola. I am very well aware that Obasanjo wasn't the choice of the Yoruba.
The 'agreement' you are talking about, I already explained that the death of President Yaradua truncated the turn of the North.
Do you in all honesty believe that the North will still honor that same 'agreement' seeing that GEJ took their turn.

In 1999, the north n south agreed that the south should rule n then after either 4 or 8 years, the north will rule.

Under PDP, OBJ n Alex Ekwueme contested for primaries and OBJ won. OBJ NW contested with a yoruba man (I know OBJs father is from across the niger and that was one of the major reasons why he wasnt yorubas candidate).

IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ABIOLA.
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 11, 2019
oluwaahmed:

That is if one party remains in power till then, they can therefore zone it. if it continues to change from APC to PDP then am sorry for the likes of Thièfnubu and other misguided SW. Politics is a game of numbers and the North has the numbers. That is why what we should have been fighting for is restructuring to true federalism or outright disintegration. The north cannot be fraudulently placed superior to the south in terms of politics, there should be a balance, a triangle or tripartite arrangement such that everybody depends on each other not one person being the overlord and every other person has to bow to his wish before support can be granted

Tinubu greed handed over power to the north n thus landed us into all these nonsense.

The population of Southeners is more populated than the north. If not buhari would have won presidency since 2003.
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 11, 2019
hisexcellency34:
what kind of mentality is that? Are they the only people in Nigeria who can rule?

Afonjas tossed power to the north.
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by selemo: 6:16pm On Apr 11, 2019
Kenturkey048:
yourbas are the only unreasonable tribe in the south,,.sorry to say that..
The igbo is the only stupid clanish tribe in Africa grin

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by Alexis11: 6:17pm On Apr 11, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:
Bro, as for me o, I am voting a northerner in 2023... Except either of the major parties field someone from Southeast.

I'm from SS but I believe in equity.

You have always been inconsequential. grin
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by Kenturkey048(m): 6:18pm On Apr 11, 2019
selemo:
The igbo is the only stupid clanish tribe in Africa grin
okay Hunkle..that's good for the Igbo's..am not Igbo guy..but to me,the Yorubas are the most unreasonable tribe in Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by Alexis11: 6:22pm On Apr 11, 2019
kernel001:

Go and sleep. You betrayed the South to get just VP, and now you think other South will support you?

Ask the same Northerners you supported then, to support you in turn.

You are only fighting to be relevant. Your support is not required. grin

The same Yoruba voted massively for Goodluck in 2011. :cool

grin

1 Like

Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by Alexis11: 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2019
kernel001:

You have a divided Southwest vote against block vote of South South and South East.

You are expecting a divided SW votes if APC bring out a Yoruba man in 2023

Joker. cheesy
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by selemo: 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2019
FOLYKAZE:

5%er erase himself in the permutation. We all know yall are inconsequential.
e pain nam well well! grin grin grin It is like you are Arewa from Chad or Niger. I am a core yoruba man from Oyo town in Oyo state. Everything will soon settle itself. You can carry Tinubu to Chad. We do not need him anymore.
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by nwanyionitsha: 6:39pm On Apr 11, 2019
Onijagidijagan:
No more Hausa or Fulani president in Nigeria again.

Hear this foolishness from this blind, incompetent Hausas man that went to Almajiris school.

Parasitic, tribalistic, Hausas cannot be deciding faith for Nigeria. Their ignorance and backward culture, lack of effective education ruined this country since Nigerian independence.

Hausa man come and contest I promised you will be defeated by southerners in 2023.
Seriously.. I cannot wait for Hausa or northerners to be defeated in 2023...is only if southerners are ignorant like them that will make them retain power.

It is Hausas and Fulanis that suppose to be fighting and agitating for secession not Igbo, South South and South West.
Tony Momoh is from Edo state.

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by Alexis11: 6:40pm On Apr 11, 2019
AyosMan:
I am a south-south Niget delta man...my PVC is for our IBO brothers if they are presented by any of d major political party... Outside d IBO's my vote goes to malam...I can never vote a Yoruba man...useless tribalistc betrayals...

You are inconsequential. cheesy
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by Alexis11: 6:47pm On Apr 11, 2019
Malcolm123:

I love the way you think. cool

But guess what, when the northerners eventually return the power to the Yorubas in maybe 2031 or so....

Our brothers at the other side of the Niger will start screaming "Yoruba betrayals", "marginalization", "Biafra"! grin

cheesy
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by Alexis11: 6:57pm On Apr 11, 2019
Kenturkey048:
okay Hunkle..that's good for the Igbo's..am not Igbo guy..but to me,the Yorubas are the most unreasonable tribe in Nigeria..

Lol.... That lie is allowed. Everybody denies being Igbo. cheesy
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by Kenturkey048(m): 7:24pm On Apr 11, 2019
Alexis11:

Lol.... That lie is allowed. Everybody denies being Igbo. cheesy
I come from cross river..SS NOT SE.
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by Kenturkey048(m): 7:26pm On Apr 11, 2019
Alexis11:

grin
and the same Yoruba voted massively for PMB in 2015 and 2019.
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by eagleeye2: 7:52pm On Apr 11, 2019
PrecisionFx:

IT HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ABIOLA.
If you believe this, then I have nothing else to add. Enjoy a good night rest.
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 11, 2019
eagleeye2:

If you believe this, then I have nothing else to add. Enjoy a good night rest.

Keep deluding ur self.
Re: Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh by kernel001: 8:15pm On Apr 11, 2019
Alexis11:

grin

The same people betrayed him when it mattered most.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo Visits Oba Of Benin, Attends The 2019 NAFEST Cultural Festival / Finally, Buhari Shipwrecks The Anti-Corruption War - Punch Editorial / Buhari To Hand Over Presidential Jets To NAF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.