Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Sudan Military Has Seized Power - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Sudan Military Has Seized Power (27823 Views)

Breaking! Burkina Faso Military Says It Has Seized Power / Sudan Military Declares State Of Emergency After Coup, Dissolves Cabinet / Sudan Military Foils Coup Attempt, Dozens Of Soldiers Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by middlebelter(m): 3:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
Paul Biya of Cameron is next. I hope Cameroonian will wake up and drive that man away.
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by KingWarri: 3:44pm On Apr 11, 2019
donkarly:
Way to go..Naija military where una dey..

Dem dey sambisa Forest grin
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by KingWarri: 3:46pm On Apr 11, 2019
[quote author=Dannyhajo post=77453906][/quote] don't mind that 15years old that's are they behave
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by middlebelter(m): 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2019
Paul Biya of Cameron is next. I hope Cameroonian will wake up and drive that man away.
Power is transient

1 Like

Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by christofashion1(m): 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2019
Afonja's demon why Na? Who offended you?
chibuzorAbia:

Oloripelebe full of expired akpu!
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:00pm On Apr 11, 2019
kikake:
But even as a dictator, Omar El Bashir never sent Operation Python Dance like squad to go and kill his country men en mass in South Sudan.

Nigeria consumes the lives of people in Nigeria to remain one Nigeria.
see ur life cos of a stupid ipob rubbish...
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:03pm On Apr 11, 2019
Asour:

Not necessarily.
Depending on what a society wants/can afford to sacrifice.

Inherently, military governments are by their nature tough and "Generally" tend to be associated with repression of human rights. But like Alexander pope (an English poet) hinted:

"For Forms of Government let fools contest; whatever is best administered is best."

The military has an Important advantage of being decisive in terms of administrative execution of governments' responsibilities. It also does not suffer a grave ill of Democracy called Populism.

I am generally not a stickler for military governments (due to tendency for human right skirmishes) but a good military government, I believe, is not necessarily better or worse than a good democratic government.

A bad government is a bad government DISTINCT from its form. Consequently, there's no basis for saying that 2 yrs of military rule is worse than 20 years of civil rule.
explain why there have been no military rule in America since de are decisive in governance...two fuckin years of military rule in Sudan is nonsense to....they ought to allow a civilian handle d situation...
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by ogbonti: 4:25pm On Apr 11, 2019
HisSexcellency:
Why are African military personnel so interested in governance
You have more coups and military takeover/ interference in Africa than anywhere else

Shorrop there, are we not currently under quasi-military dictatorship in Nigeria? Please, Nigeria Army, kick out the dullard fast, we beg you
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by Asour: 4:29pm On Apr 11, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
explain why there have been no military rule in America since de are decisive in governance...two fuckin years of military rule in Sudan is nonsense to....they ought to allow a civilian handle d situation...

I didn't say Military rule is the best. America may not have had military rule but have thrived. fine. Paths to success may not be the same. I am not a fan of military rule but they are not always worse than civil rule.

Consider, for Instance, why Ghana's Jerry Rawlings is celebrated around the world/Africa when he was a military administrator. If all military= bad, then he shouldn't be celebrated right?.

All I am saying, is , it is a man that's good/bad not necessarily the platform he stands on.

The overriding disadvantage of military rule over civil rule is the very high tendency for abuse of office — something still VERY common in current civil rules across Africa. So what's really the difference? If abuse of power is possible both ways.
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 11, 2019
mosho2good:
Girls this habit of wearing Ear rings, Nose rings, Necklace, Belly Button rings, Eye rings et.c is Getting out of hand..

A Girl at the bus stop fell and sounded like a tray full of spoons, forks and knifes ����

That's gud...
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by kindredspirit(m): 5:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
bareal:

The civilians are worse than the military..... They can steal anything, even something that does not have value to them.

Using Nigeria as an example, the military have proven to be just as corrupt if not far more corrupt than civilians: Abacha, Babangida, Abdulsalam.......
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by Sholaco: 5:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
HisSexcellency:
Why are African military personnel so interested in governance
You have more coups and military takeover/ interference in Africa than anywhere else
Because African countries lack hygiene in their politics, hence coup has become so frequent as a breakfast and perhaps breakfast s never free on the African continent.
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:03pm On Apr 11, 2019
Asour:

I didn't say Military rule is the best. America may not have had military rule but have thrived. fine. Paths to success may not be the same. I am not a fan of military rule but they are not always worse than civil rule.

Consider, for Instance, why Ghana's Jerry Rawlings is celebrated around the world/Africa when he was a military administrator. If all military= bad, then he shouldn't be celebrated right?.

All I am saying, is , it is a man that's good/bad not necessarily the platform he stands on.

The overriding disadvantage of military rule over civil rule is the very high tendency for abuse of office — something still VERY common in current civil rules across Africa. So what's really the difference? If abuse of power is possible both ways.
man d military is illegitimate govt...ponder if d military had not sack the ist republic and it was allow to grow till date...in Nigeria..d damage of military rule in Nigeria is still been felt in d country
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by planetx: 7:09pm On Apr 11, 2019
FuckThaMod:
South or North sudan
Nothing like North Sudan
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by Asour: 9:24pm On Apr 11, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
man d military is illegitimate govt...ponder if d military had not sack the ist republic and it was allow to grow till date...in Nigeria..d damage of military rule in Nigeria is still been felt in d country

Sure. You could be very right. But then again civil rule has been on for 20 years. yes?
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by Asour: 9:30pm On Apr 11, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by bareal(m): 10:46pm On Apr 11, 2019
kindredspirit:

Using Nigeria as an example, the military have proven to be just as corrupt if not far more corrupt than civilians: Abacha, Babangida, Abdulsalam.......

Using Nigeria as case study, what Abacha, Babangida and Abdulsalam combined stole is nothing compared to what Obasanjo and Jonathan stole... They even gave room for other thieves to showcase their talents. They also bastadised the little the military struggled to build.
It is only the civilians that would award a contract to a non-existing company. It is only the civilians that would award a contract, say road and the contractor would not do the job and Still be working free..... It's that bad!
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by Horus(m): 12:03am On Apr 12, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDhf4Y-8g24

Sudan's defence minister announces state of emergency following arrest of president Bashir

President Omar al-Bashir, who ruled Sudan in autocratic style for 30 years, was on Thursday overthrown and arrested in a coup by the armed forces, said Sudan's defence minister Ahmed Awad Ibn Auf in a televised address. He also announced a two-year period of military rule to be followed by presidential elections.
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by MisterG: 1:31am On Apr 12, 2019
Faces of Sudanese protest.

[imghttps://www.standardmedia.co.ke/images/friday/upodzafepgjm6azklkj5c2fa68ac1cf2.jpg][/img]

Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by MisterG: 1:35am On Apr 12, 2019

Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by MisterG: 1:40am On Apr 12, 2019
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by MisterG: 1:46am On Apr 12, 2019
Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by MisterG: 1:55am On Apr 12, 2019

Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by MisterG: 2:02am On Apr 12, 2019
sudanese protest

Re: Sudan Military Has Seized Power by donkarly(m): 12:58pm On Apr 12, 2019
chibuzorAbia:

You must be mad to suggest such! Has PMB being in power for 30 years? Has he won back to back presidential elections with majority open votes? YES!

Go and die for wishing my country bad.

I know you are from a particular barren unviable tiny primitive part of the country.
Aboki shine my shoe....Zombie!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“Marry A Kenyan And Get Visa On Arrival” – Kenyatta Tells All Africans / Russia-Ukraine Live: What Exactly Did US President, Joe Biden Say (Photos) / Zelenskky: Russia Continued To Bomb Ukrainian Cities During Negotiation Talks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.