Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th (942 Views)

Poll: Can Spurs defeat W.Bremen?

Yes, definitely: 60% (3 votes)
Not likely: 40% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs Tottenham (2 - 3) On 29th Sept 2012 / Bayern Munich Vs Werder Bremen (4 - 1) On Sat 3rd December 2011 / Arsenal Vs Tottenham [ 2 - 3] On Sat 20th November 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by Cristalz(f): 8:03pm On Sep 13, 2010
Harry Redknapp fears Tottenham will suffer the kind of mauling England endured at the hands of Germany if he goes gung-ho in his side's Champions League Group A opener at Werder Bremen tomorrow night.
Spurs boss Redknapp is ready to play it safe away from home during what is his side's debut season in the competition by fielding a lone striker and a five-man midfield at the Weserstadion.
Redknapp got his fingers burnt using 4-4-2 in the play-off first leg at Young Boys last month, with the Swiss side racing to a 3-0 lead inside 28 minutes.
And he believes the visitors could be in for the kind of beating England took by Germany at the World Cup if he does not bolster his midfield tomorrow.

"At times, especially in Europe, it's difficult to go away from home and play 4-4-2,'' he said.

"We did it last year in the Premier League. We went to Man City late in the season when we needed that vital result to get where we are today.

"But I think it is more difficult the way they (Bremen) play. If they overload midfield tomorrow, you'll get outnumbered.

"If you play 4-4-2, you've got a problem in the middle of the park.

"It'll be very difficult; you'll get overrun, a little bit like England did against Germany.''
Redknapp experimented with a five-man midfield in Saturday's Barclays Premier League game at West Brom, using Luka Modric and new signing Rafael van der Vaart in behind Roman Pavyluchenko.
But he will almost certainly have to break up that partnership tomorrow, with Modric likely to be ruled out with a leg injury.
Captain Ledley King returns after being rested for Saturday's 1-1 Barclays Premier League draw at West Brom.
Tomorrow could see William Gallas, who made the controversial decision to cross the north London divide last month, face his former Arsenal team-mate Mikael Silvestre.

Silvestre left the Emirates when his contract expired during the summer amid reports his frustration at a lack of game time had boiled over.

The 33-year-old today sidestepped questions about whether there was any lingering resentment over his departure.

"There must be a reason why Sol Campbell, William Gallas and myself all left the club,'' he said.

"But it's not the place to discuss that.

"I'm just happy for Arsenal to continue the way they do.

"I still watch their results and some highlights because I care about my (former) team-mates and the staff.

"I had a good time over there, so I'm not going to complain.

"Now I'm focusing on Werder 100%.''
ESPN
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by manmustwac(m): 10:04pm On Sep 13, 2010
we'll win easily
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2010
I hope&pray bremen wins. My boys marin,hunt&frings finish the london guys
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by yousouph(m): 9:46am On Sep 14, 2010
Though they are spuds in England but not against a german team
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by mukina2: 12:49pm On Sep 14, 2010
Bremen no dulling, make sure una spell Harry popeye grin
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by tkb417(m): 2:08pm On Sep 14, 2010
Money on Bremen to win although i think Bremen hvent been convincing yet this season

The 4-1 loss to Hoffei to me is a bad omen and they left it late against Sampdoria to get to this stage

Lets hope they can marginally beat Spurs as Defoe, Modric and Dawson are out

I heard Mikel sylvestre will be playin instead of Per meterserker?

chei, make dt boi no go make me lose money oh
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by MrTA(m): 2:34pm On Sep 14, 2010
Bremen are a very good experienced team but i dont see them doing to well today. They are missing a few keys players and I fear for them because they have Silvestre in their team. Having said that this is Spurs who are ultimate chokers away from home so you never know. Im hoping for a Bremen win but i'll never put money on this.
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by tkb417(m): 2:44pm On Sep 14, 2010
^^
but ma money is on this cos the odd looks good and oh yeah, Bremen can beat just anybody at home

the only problem is the CBs that are missing but i doubt Spurs would be able to bite since Modric and Defoe wont be playing

Spurs couldnt beat West Brom at the weekend while Bremen held the champions at the Arena (even with Mikel)

They must win oh grin grin
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by Mobinga: 3:44pm On Sep 14, 2010
Routing of Spurs. . They wouldn't cross the groupstage. .
Damn You Liverpool
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by tkb417(m): 3:54pm On Sep 14, 2010
which one be Liverpool in this matter?
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by manmustwac(m): 5:33pm On Sep 14, 2010
don't forget to come back after the game with your post match analysis smiley
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by tkb417(m): 5:52pm On Sep 14, 2010
^^ i bind you in the name of Jesus cheesy
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by jalether(m): 6:20pm On Sep 14, 2010
tkb417:

^^
but ma money is on this cos the odd looks good and oh yeah, Bremen can beat just anybody at home

the only problem is the CBs that are missing but i doubt Spurs would be able to bite since Modric and Defoe wont be playing

Spurs couldnt beat West Brom at the weekend while Bremen held the champions at the Arena (even with Mikel)

They must win oh grin grin

all that one na fabu. if only you knew how much I lost on spurs to beat a struggling wigan side at white hart lane earlier this season angry

we all know what happened grin
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by tkb417(m): 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2010
^^^
boi why you dey do me like this na

i lost money on spurs vs wigan too

I forsee a high scoring game with the match ending like 3-2 in favour of Bremen ( Spurs might get an early goal tho)

lets see, but im a bit wary of Mikel at the back grin
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by medjai(m): 8:09pm On Sep 14, 2010
wonders shall never end. spurs 2-0 up in 20 mins at the Weserstadion
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 14, 2010
Go Spurs

M-U-R-D-E-R them grin
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by mystikal(m): 9:05pm On Sep 14, 2010
murder ko, manslaughter ni.

Spurs always choke away from home.
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by dayokanu(m): 9:19pm On Sep 14, 2010
tkb417:

^^^
boi why you dey do me like this na

i lost money on spurs vs wigan too

I forsee a high scoring game with the match ending like 3-2 in favour of Bremen ( Spurs might get an early goal tho)

lets see, but im a bit wary of Mikel at the back grin

Maybe your prophesy would come to pass
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by jalether(m): 9:42pm On Sep 14, 2010
dayokanu:

Maybe your prophesy would come to pass

Or maybe not cheesy grin
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by tkb417(m): 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2010
Oloshi ni Bremen sha

Who buys Silvestre and do well?

Werder is on my ignore list as from tmr. Rats
Lol
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by debosky(m): 10:32pm On Sep 14, 2010
tkb417:

Oloshi ni Bremen sha

Who buys Silvestre and do well?

Werder is on my ignore list as from tmr. Rats
Lol

Silvestre has some gooner left in him. . . . .I'm sure he enjoyed frustrating the wasteful spuds. grin grin
Re: UCL: Werder Bremen Vs Tottenham [2 - 2] On Tues, September 14th by tkb417(m): 11:02pm On Sep 14, 2010
Lol

Wait for Braga tmr

(1) (Reply)

Pellegrini Should Shun The Excuses / Stoke City (0) Vs Liverpool (0) On Saturday 10th January / Can any of this clubs (arsenal,Mutd,real,barca,liverpool) afford Enyeama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.