Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down (84883 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife, Folu (Throwback Photo) / TB Joshua Received By President Salva Kiir & Wife, Mary Ayen Mayardit / Phillip Frimpong Proposed To Carrisa Sharon Oyakhilome By Kneeling Down For Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by joey150(m): 12:22am On Apr 12, 2019
Nairaland is the worst place to read any meaningful news. I'm getting increasingly nauseated by this forum. A reflection of the decadence of the intelligence of our people.

This news was half-reported, I even had to Google the story to really understand what happened.

How can you simply put a picture of the pope kissing the leg of a Sudanese leader without writing why or what transpired?

The more you visit here the duller you actually become. Even the act of reporting news in simple and correct English has become a big problem here. I weep for people that will grow up reading Nairaland and the many junk on it.

This is what actually transpired for those that care to check:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-pope-southsudan/pope-kisses-feet-of-south-sudan-leaders-urging-them-to-keep-the-peace-idUSKCN1RN27G

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by pchukwudi: 12:23am On Apr 12, 2019
Yea, what a language of "faith", " divinity" and "humility " you just spoke there! A true defender and reflection of Pope Francis' "humility".

Keep it up, kid. Sure the " humble" Pope is so proud of your " humility". grin

BillGoldberg:

Stop being unnecessarily stuppid. This is not the politics section. In matters of faith and the divine... U are a dimwit. Please, don't mention me. Goodnight fooolish Old man.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by rock003: 12:30am On Apr 12, 2019
uduak2016:
Deceiving black people. Black people are useless!

Since you are a black person, are you saying you are Also useless
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by daveP(m): 12:30am On Apr 12, 2019
ChristianNorth:
Jesus did it, so all Vicars of Christ (Pope) are expected to do the same.

Leaders are servants. That is the message
Pls tell.me exactly where in the NT that Jesus kissed any feet pls. Stop these lies pls. smh
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Isoduwa(m): 12:43am On Apr 12, 2019
donbachi:
Message of humility...a meek heart keeps no grudges...for grudges begat hatred,hatred begat wickedness which is the mother of war.

What about the father of trone
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by DerideGull(m): 12:47am On Apr 12, 2019
Showmanship!!!
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by COURVOISier(m): 1:00am On Apr 12, 2019
Let me open some people eyes tonight... Google image search Paul IV Audience Hall, and the Headquaters of Jehova Witness in Denmark. shocked
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by BillGoldberg: 1:10am On Apr 12, 2019
pchukwudi:
Yea, what a language of "faith", " divinity" and "humility " you just spoke there! A true defender and reflection of Pope Francis' "humility".

Keep it up, kid. Sure the " humble" Pope is so proud of your " humility". grin

Chukwudi, You don't know that the country in question is at war? Are you aware that this simple gesture can make the President and Rebel leader to see it that Jesus is begging them to stop killing human beings?

You do know that every diplomatic gesture has failed in Sudan and that country is about to implode? You are aware that America does not care right? Neither does all these useless GOs we have here?

And a man that a billion plus people rely on for spiritual guidance decides to intervene... You deride him?

I leave you to whatever you worship or hold esteem.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by jomoh: 1:15am On Apr 12, 2019
delugajackson:
That's Christianity for you. We preach peace to the world. The Pope is a promoter of peace hence, this act. Hardly will you find a Sheik or an Imam exihibiting an extraordinary manner of humility such as this.

We bow to no creature except the creator of all things living and none living ALMIGHTY ALLAH.

Bowing to kiss the feet is anything but humility. It’s denigration of your being for another being who has nothing over you.

If he can now to kiss the feet of an ordinary human being, a rotten meat, a sand, what will he do to show humility to the one who created him and has the power over his life and death.

Bowing to kiss the feet of of a fellow human is a sign of a man who is confused as to who is bigger between his god and the man.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by sketcherJ(m): 1:29am On Apr 12, 2019
joey150:
Nairaland is the worst place to read any meaningful news. I'm getting increasingly nauseated by this forum. A reflection of the decadence of the intelligence of our people.

This news was half-reported, I even had to Google the story to really understand what happened.

How can you simply put a picture of the pope kissing the leg of a Sudanese leader without writing why or what transpired?

The more you visit here the duller you actually become. Even the act of reporting news in simple and correct English has become a big problem here. I weep for people that will grow up reading Nairaland and the many junk on it.

This is what actually transpired for those that care to check:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-pope-southsudan/pope-kisses-feet-of-south-sudan-leaders-urging-them-to-keep-the-peace-idUSKCN1RN27G
I checked the link out and I think it doesn't really justify your comment, although the post gave little reason about why the pope kissed the president's shoes, it still didn't change the fact that the pope kissed the shoes..

by d way I don't see this as an act of humility and not necessary to emphasize on promoting peace, even if a million pope gives a million kisses on the president shoes, it won't still change the fact that if the power brokers don't want peace, they won't fight
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Wallade(m): 1:38am On Apr 12, 2019
pchukwudi:
This has nothing to do with humility. This is all about humiliation of the catholic church.

I am not Catholic but I can tell you that this action of humility by the Pope is a big lesson on "Stooping to Conquer". It did not change the fact that he is Pope; it cost him nothing but proves he has no pride.

Besides, Jesus washed the feets of his disciples. We are christians - christ-like - and the Pope just put Christianity into perspective yet again.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Iseoluwani: 1:38am On Apr 12, 2019
ChristianNorth:

Jesus washed their feet and not asslick their legs
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Kiki77: 1:38am On Apr 12, 2019
That is NOT Humility, Far from it, whatever it is, it is a public show and it has no relation with Christianity

The Pope is just representing an organisation that loves to be referred to as a Church,but in actual fact, a dead organisation, lifeless and without Christ

How does kissing the feet President Salva Kiir Mayardit of South Sudan stop the war that is raging in that place since the 80s? Did Jesus kissed the feet of Punctius Pilate to negotiate Peace when they cried crucify him? Men without Power do stupid things for the Camera

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Iseoluwani: 1:41am On Apr 12, 2019
jomoh:

We bow to no creature except the creator of all things living and none living ALMIGHTY ALLAH.

Bowing to kiss the feet is anything but humility. It’s denigration of your being for another being who has nothing over you.

If he can now to kiss the feet of an ordinary human being, a rotten meat, a sand, what will he do to show humility to the one who created him and has the power over his life and death.

Bowing to kiss the feet of of a fellow human is a sign of a man who is confused as to who is bigger between his god and the man.

gbee enu werey re soun
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by mmadu5(m): 1:55am On Apr 12, 2019
pope is gay

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by sonofElElyon: 1:56am On Apr 12, 2019
Jesus never did this. He washed his disciples' feet, didnt bow before his disciples and kiss their feet!!!

ChristianNorth:

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by WinkWrld: 1:59am On Apr 12, 2019
What is the real meaning of kissing the feet in the spiritual helm? It means something we all are ignorant of! God bless the Pope

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by sonofElElyon: 2:01am On Apr 12, 2019
The woman with the alabaster oil...

amaniro:

But Mary Magdalene did it to Jesus
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Oritsewhandey(m): 2:07am On Apr 12, 2019
uduak2016:
The Pope doesn't deceive the black people.
How many people KILLED in that new nation?
Salva Kiir & Riek Machar are two people to stop violence.

POPE'S ACT OF HUMILITY WILL CHANGE THEIR LIVES & THINKING FOREVER.

Think my brother! Over 1.7 million people killed in that new country already.

Caused by the camps of the 2 men.

Think my brother. Think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Elvis778(m): 2:10am On Apr 12, 2019
Mariangeles:
This is absolutely unnecessary.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Oritsewhandey(m): 2:13am On Apr 12, 2019
genuinechimere:
Only him knows why he did it. President Salva Kiir Mayardit is a Catholic.

The two south Sudanese leaders are both Catholic.
Pope is bigger than them, yet, bow to respect them.
That act alone would make them both, stop war in their country.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by advocate666: 2:14am On Apr 12, 2019
uduak2016:

I tell you. We are very useless.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by Elvis778(m): 2:18am On Apr 12, 2019
Mariangeles:
Jesus Christ never did this !
Stop lying and twisting the truth ! angry
do you read your bible at all?? Use your brain biko, Jesus Christ washed and kissed the feets of his apostles, of which peter wanted to refuse but The lord insisted and also ordered them to do to others what he has done to them.
Learn to read your bible.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by 1Sharon(f): 2:20am On Apr 12, 2019
I just love this pope smiley
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by miketayo(m): 2:29am On Apr 12, 2019
pchukwudi:
This has nothing to do with humility. This is all about humiliation of the catholic church.

Explain please
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by miketayo(m): 2:31am On Apr 12, 2019
Mariangeles:
Jesus Christ never did this !
Stop lying and twisting the truth ! angry

Well kissing someone's feet is a way of honouring them
Jesus Christ washed the feet of his disciples, we r in Lent season every priest in the Catholic church will do the same.
Re: Pope Francis Kisses President Salva Kiir Mayardit's Feet While Kneeling Down by 15ssDRIVE(m): 2:54am On Apr 12, 2019
stephenduru:
Pope Francis was pictured kneeling down to kiss the feet of South Sudan's President Salva Kiir Mayardit (C) and South Sudan opposition leader Riek Machar (R) at the Pope's Santa Marta residence in the Vatican on April 11, 2019

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2019/04/pope-francis-kneels-to-kiss-feet-of.html

I am a Muslim,Alhamdililah. But this is what i expect from a real religious leader. I will do anything for peace to reign.

Only the parties there can really tell,how speechless they felt @ that moment.

You can see the President,don turn to humble Man. I can also guess this will be the end of the war in South Sudan.

Islam don’t admonish us to bow,but we do bow to our parents and elders. No be only Yoruba and Hausa people dey bow down oh. Chinese get respect for elders die,Indiana’s too.

I am waiting for the Day,the chief Imam in Makka will do something similar to 2 fighting parties and see if they no go gree immediately.

If your Papa Dey bow for you to make peace,who no go run and grab his Dad or Mum from bowing to him? Only if Na Omo Ale!

Humility breaks all boundaries. Thanks again Pope for that amazing gesture.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do I Wake Up With Mysterious Marks On My Body? / Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo / Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.