Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:30 PM

Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise (33658 Views)

Please, Advise Me On This Banking Job I Got / 70k Banking Job In Ikorodu Lagos State Or 30k Teaching Job In Ekiti. Please Help / N40,000 Banking Job Or Keke Napep Driver. Which Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by kingsmaila(m): 8:59am On Apr 13, 2019
Take the Bank job as its gives you the opportunity to meet prospective connected people for a better job.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by samlake(m): 11:12am On Apr 13, 2019
Continue with the teaching and learn a skill, it will help...
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by paulGrundy(m): 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2019
Welcomme:
I graduated in the year 2015 and did my NYSC in the year 2016 to 2017. Ever since, getting a job has been something else. Well, last year I took up a teaching job in a private school and the salary is around 26 thousand naira. I have been on it for a year now. I hardly have time for my self considering the number of classes and periods.

I recently got a job with Stanbic bank as a Direct sales agent (marketing) with a salary of about 50 thousand.
I am afraid of taking up the offer because of all these bank targets and how to meet up with the target. I am afraid let me not lose the job I have now and take up this offer and can't meet up with the target.

Pls those that have done this DSA job and others can do well to advise me and give me first hand experience and way of meeting target.
Thanks.

that teaching job is better than the DSA job you wanna take. take this from a bank staff. DSA colleagues in my office complain about the job. firstly no career path. second its highly insecure. if you don't have any family member that can do a fix deposit under you to the tune of 10 million then forget that job, you won't last 3 months there.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by abelwealth(m): 11:47pm On Jan 24, 2020
Benosky011:
Everybody's luck are not the same.
I worked in a Ecobank as same DSA on a salary scale of 72k, later 86k. While I was there, I used my spare time to look for other minor businesses to fetch me income, like land agebt, etc.

I also joined a cooperative monthly contribution. We usually do it 50k for 10months. I'ld use my own to buy keke and give it out on hire purchase. It gave me another source of income. I was living comfortably with 72k salary.
While I was there, apart from various trainings I attended, I also bought my own car. A customer in Italy sent it to me and I paid him gradually within 6months.
In 2012, I was going to get married. It just took less than 4months from when I met her then we wedded. I was 29 then.
2years later, I left the bank.
I had already started a business that was managed by my wife. Though under my supervision.
Today, I am a happy man. Happy family we with 3 beautiful girls and hoping to add the 4th child in the next 6months.

Am telling you this to inspire you. According to mtn advert, big things start small.

Start with the one you see, then grow from there. Bear it in mind that you have not gone there to make a career as a contract staff or junior staff. Just know why you are where, get what you want and I walk away. I'll give you some secrets to success while there:

-make yourself an inevitable staff
-study the bank Policies, follow them
-study the bank products and learn the selling points
-searve both customers and the bank with all your strength (it I will surely pay you in the long run)
-don't compare yourself with other guys in the system, you don't know what they do extra.
-live within your means.
-pray, think, watch out for opportunities
-finally, save! Save!! Save!!!
i was also called for a dsa training job in eco bank..pls i dont knw hw it looks like

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by Duchesstosin: 7:02pm On Nov 16, 2020
So did you take the job.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by KulHeadedHuman: 8:45pm On Jan 27, 2022
I just got this offer with union bank. The target seems scary and I'm not so good at marketing. What would you advice pls
winnah:

its less than 10% DSA (marketers) will confidently say that they ive consistently meet their entire target month on month. pick up that job cause working in the bank will expose you to a lot of opportunities and people that could even help you. there is a lot to gain from working in the bank. i can tell u of a truth, it will shape u. I've been a DSA getting to 2 years now with union bank. I've gain so much. and am considering leaving the bank to start up my company (marketing firm) which i want to get all the certification before i resign. PICK IT UP don't let fear of the unknown to distract you.

waiting to see you in the industry.
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by winnah(f): 10:24am On Feb 03, 2022
Are you male or female?

While I await the answer. Go ahead and receive the job.

Doing a DSA job with union bank, is not that had as compare to other banks.
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by winnah(f): 10:36am On Feb 03, 2022
Am speaking from experience. I became a Team lead within a year. One deposit can change your life, one deposit can turn you to a full time staff within a twinkle of an eye. There's a career path there...

You need the experience there.
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by Dubetex96(m): 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2023
winnah:

its less than 10% DSA (marketers) will confidently say that they ive consistently meet their entire target month on month. pick up that job cause working in the bank will expose you to a lot of opportunities and people that could even help you. there is a lot to gain from working in the bank. i can tell u of a truth, it will shape u. I've been a DSA getting to 2 years now with union bank. I've gain so much. and am considering leaving the bank to start up my company (marketing firm) which i want to get all the certification before i resign. PICK IT UP don't let fear of the unknown to distract you.

waiting to see you in the industry.

Good day considering your input about DSA at union bank. please i would like to ask u more questions concerning it. I'm having such offer right before me.
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by winnah(f): 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2023
Ok,
Go on with your question
Dubetex96:

Good day considering your input about DSA at union bank. please i would like to ask u more questions concerning it. I'm having such offer right before me.
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by Dubetex96(m): 6:14pm On Dec 09, 2023
winnah:
Ok,
Go on with your question

I was contacted by union bank for such job and i don't really know much on how they operate and how they treat their workers. Is there a possibility for them to retain me as a full staff considering that it is a contract job.

Currently I'm teaching in a secondary school but if the job work out as planned i will quit my teaching job to pursue a better career .

i will appreciate your sincere feedback.
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by winnah(f): 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2023
They're possibilities to get converted to a full time staff...
But that's entirely on your performance... Especially your deposit...

The experience and exposure is a good one ...
What helped me then, was ability for me to choose to work smart rather than the usual hard work
I allow my money to do the work .. while I focus on other important things... For example
I'll take 20k from my salary... Tell our security to block customers that comes to Open account... Channel them to me then I'll pay them #200 for each account they referred to me... I'll do same to POS operators... So instead of me to work on the street begin people to open account... This was my strategies...
With this, I had enough time to follow up big customers that will give me deposit...

Secondly, most DSA,s use to recycle deposit...
For example, if my uncle Open account of 10m with me this month.. next month, I'll use same money and open account for his child... Until I recycle it to open account for all his 4 children..
Then I'll continue the same cycle until he needs his money back...

Good luck in advance
Dubetex96:

I was contacted by union bank for such job and i don't really know much on how they operate and how they treat their workers. Is there a possibility for them to retain me as a full staff considering that it is a contract job.

Currently I'm teaching in a secondary school but if the job work out as planned i will quit my teaching job to pursue a better career .

i will appreciate your sincere feedback.
Re: Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise by Dubetex96(m): 9:22am On Dec 10, 2023
winnah:
They're possibilities to get converted to a full time staff...
But that's entirely on your performance... Especially your deposit...

The experience and exposure is a good one ...
What helped me then, was ability for me to choose to work smart rather than the usual hard work
I allow my money to do the work .. while I focus on other important things... For example
I'll take 20k from my salary... Tell our security to block customers that comes to Open account... Channel them to me then I'll pay them #200 for each account they referred to me... I'll do same to POS operators... So instead of me to work on the street begin people to open account... This was my strategies...
With this, I had enough time to follow up big customers that will give me deposit...

Secondly, most DSA,s use to recycle deposit...
For example, if my uncle Open account of 10m with me this month.. next month, I'll use same money and open account for his child... Until I recycle it to open account for all his 4 children..
Then I'll continue the same cycle until he needs his money back...

Good luck in advance

Thanks a bunch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Npower Recruitment 2017 Names Shortlisted candidates – www.Portal.npower.gov.ng / Do You Regret Leaving Your Lucrative Nigerian Job For Abroad Menial Job / Linda Ikeji's Blog Is Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.