Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition (23356 Views)

Christian Chukwu: After God, It’s Otedola In My Life / Otedola Presents $50,000 Cheque To Christian Chukwu, Former Super Eagles Coach / Ned Nwoko Gives Christian Chukwu N5 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by OEPHIUS(m): 8:23am On Apr 12, 2019
By Onochie Anibeze

Former Green Eagles captain and later coach of Nigeria, Christian Chukwu, has spoken from his hospital bed in Enugu:

“I sincerely thank Nigerians for their concern on my health. By the grace of God I’ll be back on my feet. It, however, feels bad that people have created controversy over my health. It doesn’t feel good. I have not been abandoned. The Enugu State Government has been helpful and I appreciate them. My friend, Benson Ejindu who lives in USA and who is patron of Ex Rangers players has been tremendous too. He directed that I be brought to this hospital where I am now. He contacted them and moved me to this place. I did not tell anybody that I have been abandoned. Ejindu did not also tell anybody that Enugu State Government has abandoned me. Nobody has said that. So, I don’t know where this controversy is coming from.”

Chukwu spoke to this reporter on phone.

Three days ago, Enugu State Commissioner of Information, Ogbuagu Anikwe issued the statement below:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/04/chukwu-finally-speaks-clears-air-on-his-condition/

4 Likes

Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by ujampie: 8:25am On Apr 12, 2019
Get well soon brother

8 Likes

Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by PopeFlatino(m): 8:25am On Apr 12, 2019
Kai..would have been FTC today ooo shocked if not for village people cry

I sent an alphabet but d uploading come hang sad which never happen before ooo,only for me to see this idiot up there when it went through cry

Check the times..,8:25...lol

2 Likes

Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by hnvnb23m: 8:26am On Apr 12, 2019
angry

2 Likes

Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by zionic(m): 8:26am On Apr 12, 2019
Good news
Bad energy no dey tire?. grin
Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by Gapsy101(m): 8:26am On Apr 12, 2019
grin
Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by josepyaolat: 8:26am On Apr 12, 2019
mr. christian
Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by saintneo(m): 8:27am On Apr 12, 2019
okay
Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by Enemyofpeace: 8:28am On Apr 12, 2019
The time this man played with Rasheed Yekini, Jay Jay Okocha, Kanu Nwankwo and Mikel Obi the super eagles were on fire

Being unemployed and always staying at home is not easy� Palm oil will finish and they'll say you drank it�

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by lonelydora: 8:28am On Apr 12, 2019
Get well soon Nigeria's G.O.A.T

4 Likes

Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by Badonasty(m): 8:29am On Apr 12, 2019

1 Like

Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by Pentasoft1978: 8:29am On Apr 12, 2019
You will live to enjoy the fruits of your labour? The demons killing Nigerian coaches will not see you.

2 Likes

Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by zone51: 8:30am On Apr 12, 2019
Good
Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by Oddsman(m): 8:31am On Apr 12, 2019
Nigerians wan chop charity money. Its like if any popular person's health gets down, some people are ready to bank on their conditions to get rich
Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by Lagbaja01(m): 8:31am On Apr 12, 2019
Chukwu played with Mikel Obi?? YOU DONT MEAN IT!!
Enemyofpeace:
The time this man played with Rasheed Yekini, Jay Jay Okocha, Kanu Nwankwo and Mikel Obi the super eagles were on fire

Being unemployed and always staying at home is not easy� Palm oil will finish and they'll say you drank it�

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by unitysheart(m): 8:31am On Apr 12, 2019
Enemyofpeace:

Get well soon.

7 Likes

Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by Oladefemi007(m): 8:32am On Apr 12, 2019
The Lord is your strength �
Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by josepyaolat: 8:33am On Apr 12, 2019
chuckwu ! baba
Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by Muscomide: 8:33am On Apr 12, 2019
This Naija sef. This talk of abandonment irks me. Are you now the property of Enugu State government or FG?

Why, o why, do our retired sportsmen, actors, musicians, etc have this feeling of entitlement to government or public care and support in their old age. Surely they ought to be making proper provision for latter life, ie insurance, investments, etc, in their prime. This attitude really needs to be discouraged.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by KingLennon(m): 8:35am On Apr 12, 2019
The Nigerian Government don't treat their heroes with dignity. Christian chukuw during his playing days was a beast...

2 Likes

Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by stagger: 8:37am On Apr 12, 2019
Enemyofpeace:

Are you high? He left the national team in 1982. He played with Felix Owolabi, Segun Odegbami, Adokiye Amasiemaka, David Adiele, The Okalla brothers, etc.

Get your history right!

15 Likes

Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by ayodelle38: 8:38am On Apr 12, 2019
Thank Lord
Re: Christian Chukwu Finally Speaks, Clears Air On His Condition by Philinho(m): 8:40am On Apr 12, 2019
The Lord is your strength

(1) (2) (Reply)

Solomon Dalung Visits National Stadium Lagos (Photos) / Photos From Stephen Keshi's Novelty Match / Chelsea Celebrated Europa League Win Inside Dressing Room (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.