Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Exclusively, Kendrick Lamar Salutes Nipsey Hussle - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Exclusively, Kendrick Lamar Salutes Nipsey Hussle (418 Views)

Toke Makinwa Dragged For Ignoring Kolade's Death But Posting That Of Nipsey / CCTV Captures Nipsey Hussle Being Shot Dead In Los Angeles / Nipsey Hussle Shot Dead In Los Angeles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Exclusively, Kendrick Lamar Salutes Nipsey Hussle by mykomini(m): 3:30pm On Apr 12, 2019
While everyone from The Game to Barack Obama continue to mourn his loss and celebrate his life and legacy, Kendrick Lamar penned a heartfelt tribute to his West Coast brother.

In his note, which was transcribed by complex, K-Dot recalled traveling across the country with Nipsey on The Game’s “LAX Tour” in 2009 and watching Nipsey perform and admiring him for his “charisma and way with words,” but also his “integrity as a person.”

“I watched a young, ambitious black male orchestrate fellowship amongst the men around him on that tour,” wrote Kendrick. “Determined to execute one thing — and that was Greatness. Greatness in knowledge, greatness in wealth, and greatness in self.”

Kendrick’s letter appeared in the funeral service program that was given out during Thursday’s “Celebration of Life” memorial at Staples Center, along with tributes from JAY-Z, J. Cole, YG, LeBron James, Swizz Beatz, Snoop Dogg, The Game, DJ Khaled, and more.

Read K-Dot’s dedication to Nipsey the Great below.

In 2009, I remember trekking cities alongside Nipsey and family. Both performing as opening acts on The Game LAX Tour. Our sprinter van trailed their mobile home from state to state.

Though I was a there as support for my brother Jay Rock, Nipsey greeted me as one of his own. And that was very commendable. Casually I would go out to the crowd and listen to the substance he spewed on stage. Thinking to myself, this is the type of talent I want to be apart of. His charisma and way with words was powerful. But his integrity as a person, made me even more enthused.

I watched a young, ambitious black male orchestrate fellowship amongst the men around him on that tour. Determined to execute one thing — and that was Greatness. Greatness in knowledge, greatness in wealth, and greatness in self. My curiosity about who he really was started to grow from that moment in time. Was he a product if Crenshaw and Slauson? Was he a radical? Or was he a thinker? That mystique kept me engaged throughout his life career. The years progressed, and my admiration grew from up close and from afar. Watching his interviews, his philosophies, and his work amongst the black community.

Time surely revealed itself. I realized Nipsey was all of those perspectives. But most importantly, he was a vessel from God. As my heart aches for him and his family. I understand that the Most High doesn’t make mistakes. I pray that Ermias Foundation continues to blossom. I pray for those who trespass against it.

Continue Reading - http://www.viatrends.com.ng/2019/04/exclusively-kendrick-lamar-salutes.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

It’s Better To Be Successful Than Being Funny – Comedian Gbenga Adeyinka / Nigerian Lady Gets Married To Her US Based Man Through Video Call / 7 Most Bizarre Rituals On The Planet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.