Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,999 members, 7,799,430 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations (21747 Views)

Lagos Electric BRT Buses Begin Operations / LASG Rolls Out 65 Buses...to Inject 550 Buses For Feeder Routes (photos) / New Lagos BRT Buses Begin Operations At The New Oshodi Bus Terminus - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by BrandSpurNG: 6:17pm On Apr 12, 2019
The Lagos State Government is set to present 820 medium and high capacity buses under its public transportation Bus Reform Initiative to meet the yearnings of its citizenry.

The State Commissioner for Transportation, Mr Ladi Lawanson, who disclosed this today at the Secretariat, Alausa, noted that the deployment of the new buses will address the inadequacies of the present unreliable transportation system in Lagos metropolis.

According to him, the State Government designed the Bus Reform Project to correct the many challenges inherent in the present system, through the replacement of yellow mini-buses with air-conditioned vehicles of the uniform specification, predictable bus schedules, and routes supported by appropriate infrastructure.

Explaining further, Lawanson said 75 of the 100 bus shelters earmarked for the first phase of the Bus Reform project have been completed to support the operations of the buses.

Allaying fears that the existing transport unions members will be sent into the labour market, Lawanson stated that 800 of the buses will be released to private operators through the operating lease model which has incorporated the current road transport operators – National Union of Road Transport Workers, (NURTW) and the Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria (RTEAN) – as part of the Bus Operating Companies.

While congratulating Lagosians for being part of the laudable project aimed at ensuring a better life for all, Lawanson urged citizens to take ownership of the project by guiding against misuse and vandalization when the buses commence operations.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2019/04/12/lagos-medium-and-high-capacity-buses-to-begin-operations/

1 Like

Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by Harrymig1(m): 6:40pm On Apr 12, 2019
NURTW? shocked

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by ifymadu: 6:51pm On Apr 12, 2019
Good move, I hope there is a maintenance plan in place to ensure the buses are properly managed. It will be disappointing and a waste of taxpayers money if these buses are withdrawn from the roads after a year due to poor maintenance and recklessness on the part of drivers.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by TheAngry1: 6:52pm On Apr 12, 2019
ok
Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by ednut1(m): 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2019
Come back in 2021 and see how those buses woukd look. Bad road everywhere how would they last

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by Miracle4Sure: 6:54pm On Apr 12, 2019
sad
Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by mmadu5(m): 6:54pm On Apr 12, 2019
nigerians girls are gold diggers they are supposed to be used and dumped
Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by BabyApple(m): 6:54pm On Apr 12, 2019
Mayor08:
Good evening, please I'm in need..I'm going through issues beyond me...i am presently going through some life threatening issues(emergency), i haven't been paid at work and wont be paid till early next month but the isssue on ground is so urgent...I hereby plead to people to kindly help with what they can...I haven't gotten something tangible to eat for some days..I really need help from well meaning people... I am hard working also..you can quote me or send me a dm to verify or clarify my claims.

And if there is anyone that is willing to borrow, I am willing to go any length to assure you I will pay back..I will show you my means of I.d, I can video chat, you will have my pic and if I fail to pay you back, you can call me out on social media( no one wants that)...please..its life and death
are you in Lagos?

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by gagzee(m): 6:55pm On Apr 12, 2019
I just weak when I got to that NURTW part of the article...
Same bunch of rascals embarassed angry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by BabyApple(m): 6:55pm On Apr 12, 2019
I hope it won't be manage by individual.
Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by springtech(m): 6:55pm On Apr 12, 2019
Maintenance !
Management !!
Sustainability !!!

Are key

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by boolet: 6:56pm On Apr 12, 2019
springtech:
Maintenance !
Management !!
Sustainability !!!

Are key
Unfortunately Nigeria does not have the key
Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by temmypotter(m): 6:56pm On Apr 12, 2019
ednut1:
Come back in 2021 and see how those buses woukd look. Bad road everywhere how would they last

Appreciate and celebrate progress irrespective. One thing at a time.

Dont be quick to downplay good development. Rome was not built in a day.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by Amuocha: 6:57pm On Apr 12, 2019
Another failed project
Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by semasir: 6:58pm On Apr 12, 2019
On this same GOOD Lagos roads?
Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by batstan(m): 6:59pm On Apr 12, 2019
Eko o ni baje.
Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 12, 2019
DIRTY go everly prevail

U can’t dissociate DIRT from PIGS
Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by Hoodbilonia: 7:04pm On Apr 12, 2019
On bad roads with potholez
Dumbos
Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by ednut1(m): 7:09pm On Apr 12, 2019
temmypotter:

Appreciate and celebrate progress irrespective. One thing at a time.

Dont be quick to downplay good development. Rome was not built in a day.
good development of chance to chop money abeg
Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by samlake(m): 7:10pm On Apr 12, 2019
This could be ambode's goodbye gift...
Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by Orpe7(m): 7:11pm On Apr 12, 2019
Mayor08:
Good evening, please I'm in need..I'm going through issues beyond me...i am presently going through some life threatening issues(emergency), i haven't been paid at work and wont be paid till early next month but the isssue on ground is so urgent...I hereby plead to people to kindly help with what they can...I haven't gotten something tangible to eat for some days..I really need help from well meaning people... I am hard working also..you can quote me or send me a dm to verify or clarify my claims.

And if there is anyone that is willing to borrow, I am willing to go any length to assure you I will pay back..I will show you my means of I.d, I can video chat, you will have my pic and if I fail to pay you back, you can call me out on social media( no one wants that)...please..its life and death

Go to your church welfare or Mosque
They have means of helping
And if youre the type wey no dey go church or mosque ny brother, na there your problem take start o

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by webgenius234(m): 7:12pm On Apr 12, 2019
Good move .....hope it lasts .......meanwhile
Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by homosapien(m): 7:17pm On Apr 12, 2019
In as much this is laudable, my fear is the road these bus will ply. I really don't think Lagos as had it this bad on road , all Lagos road now is filled with life threatening potholes and the current governor is less concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by LogicStatement: 7:17pm On Apr 12, 2019
Lagos roads are too congested already resulting in traffic and waste of man hours. Introducing new buses to add to the existing traffic gridlock is compounding the problem we are yet to solve. A simple solution to ease traffic in Lagos roads and move mass number of people easily and comfortably is to construct a fast light rail system connecting major points in the city. The rail should connect Ikorodu to the Island, Island to Epe, Badagry to Oshodi. This is long overdue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by jchioma: 7:18pm On Apr 12, 2019
Harrymig1:
NURTW? shocked

Dem de wait for bus stops and motor parks.
Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by Phyde: 7:20pm On Apr 12, 2019
Will become glorified molue soon coz of lack of maintenance and dirty users.
Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by muntimabissa: 7:20pm On Apr 12, 2019
Kudos to Lagos State. Meanwhile other states cannot pay salaries as result of using Government money to buy votes... msh.
Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by olioxx(m): 7:25pm On Apr 12, 2019
ifymadu:
Good move, I hope there is a maintenance plan in place to ensure the buses are properly managed. It will be disappointing and a waste of taxpayers money if these buses are withdrawn from the roads after a year due to poor maintenance and recklessness on the part of drivers.
You have said d truth!!
Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by thisnaijaguy: 7:30pm On Apr 12, 2019
Na only picture and promises we don dey see and hear since. Just let us know when the buses start plying the roads. Na then I go believe all these stories.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Medium And High Capacity Buses To Begin Operations by agarawu23(m): 7:35pm On Apr 12, 2019
springtech:
Maintenance !
Management !!
Sustainability !!!

Are key
thats what they should work on. Not just wasting billions on buses that they will scrap after 1 year

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Relocation To U.S Or Start A Business In Nigeria / I Want To Relocate To Gabon. Advice Me. I’m A Teacher / Rivers Monorail: Is This The End Of Africa's First Monorail?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.