Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:51 AM

Purple Roses - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Purple Roses (79390 Views)

Guns And Roses 18+ / Roses And Thorns / Roses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purple Roses by YoungBruzzy(m): 9:22pm On Sep 19, 2019
well who cares whether ROSE is happy or not, as long as gift is happy, I'm satisfied with that. Rose can Go to hell..

thanks for the update OP

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by skubido(m): 8:27am On Sep 20, 2019
Who Rose help, she better accept her.

Tanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by bossy512(f): 8:46am On Sep 20, 2019
Thanks for the update, Thank God at last, Gift is happy, who laugh last laugh best
Re: Purple Roses by izaray(f): 10:52am On Sep 20, 2019
Rose can go hug a transformer jare

Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Purple Roses by PrudySara(f): 12:48pm On Sep 20, 2019
Rose can go and stand in front of a trailer for all I care...
Thanks for the update dear
Re: Purple Roses by openmine(m): 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2019
PrudySara:
Rose can go and stand in front of a trailer for all I care...

Thanks for the update dear
shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by Nobody: 6:25am On Sep 21, 2019
Why do I think Rose, out of hatred will work with the enemy to bring Gift down?
Remember we've not heard from Brenda in a while. grin
Re: Purple Roses by Purplephoenix(m): 9:47am On Sep 21, 2019
Pinkberry5:
Why do I think Rose, out of hatred will work with the enemy to bring Gift down?

Remember we've not heard from Brenda in a while. grin

Alexis, not Brenda. And yes, she might do just that.

Thanks op
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 12:37pm On Sep 21, 2019
Rose squeezed the glass cup in her hand tighter, as she watched Gift beaming with her parents on the podium. As she watched her smile and shed tears of joy, her hatred for her only grew more. She hated the fact that Gift had her life now, and was going to share it with her. She hated how beautiful she looked, and how she got a standing ovation. She hated her parents now and everything about her.

"Wow" Doris gasped. "I have to admit it Rose.....your sister is really beautiful"

Finally, the cup she was squeezing cracked, as she heard those words. She turned to Doris with fire in her eyes. "DON'T YOU EVER CALL HER MY SISTER AGAIN!!" She barked before throwing away the cup, and storming out. Doris just stared at her in bewilderment.

Finally, the clapping was over, and Gift and Uchenna were walking hand in hand, greeting the guests and shaking hands with them. The bright lights of the cameras almost blinded them, and Uche and George had to chase away the journalists who trooped to Gift to ask her questions, with much difficulty.

As all these was happening, Gift was just swimming in shock deep within her. She couldn't believe all these was happening. She, that little village girl, was the one getting all this attention like a celebrity. Was the one having handshakes and dining with great men. Was the one who had just received a mighty and marvellous standing ovation. She, Ngozi Okonkwo, who considered herself as nobody, was the one being treated as a great somebody. It was uncanny and unthinkable. How God could lift someone up in just the blink of an eye. Who would have known, that it was almost at her point of death, that God remembered her. It was all like a dream to her. It was breathtaking.

She was soon led to Erinma, who just bowed her head in shame when she saw her approaching. She tried desperately to hold back her tears.

"Your majesty" Gift called and bowed.

"Oh please" Erinma lifted her head. "I believe I should be the one bowing, not you Ngozi"

Gift smiled.

"Where do I start apologizing now. The crimes I have committed against you are just too many to count. I wish I could just die now...."

"Please don't wish yourself death your highness. I have already forgiven you...long time ago"

"You have?"

"Yes I have. You were simply blinded by your riches and your motherly love. So you thought I wasn't good enough for your son. But it's okay now, what's happened has happened. It's all in the past now"

"Thank you so much Ngozi..I mean, Daisy"

Ngozi giggled. "you're welcome ma" both hugged each other tightly with tears in their eyes. After sometime, Uche broke the moment and yelled.

"Oh enough of all this drama guys! It's time to party!!!!!!!".......

4 Likes

Re: Purple Roses by YoungBruzzy(m): 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2019
Issokay!!! Rose I'm watching from here oooo. just try to do any nonsense ehnn, e sure say nonsense go do you.

Thanks for the update my beautiful OP

Re: Purple Roses by izaray(f): 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
Rose shouldn't try any nonsense there pls

Thanks for the update sis
Re: Purple Roses by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 21, 2019
finally,thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by PrudySara(f): 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2019
Anybody who know Rose, should hold her right o.
Thanks for the update dear!
Re: Purple Roses by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2019
Purplephoenix:

Alexis, not Brenda. And yes, she might do just that.

Thanks op
Don't mind me. Thank you dearest.
Re: Purple Roses by Ann2012(f): 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2019
Why can't Rose just accept the fact that Gift is her sister and just move on.....
Thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by skubido(m): 7:03am On Sep 23, 2019
Ann2012:
Why can't Rose just accept the fact that Gift is her sister and just move on.....

Don't mind her, still doing strong head tinz

If she don't accept Kadara, kodoro is in for her, lolzzzz

OP tanks for the update oooo, jah bless

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by Taniaa(f): 10:49am On Sep 23, 2019
unnysq:
Almighty Susan & Rose tongue
I'm in delta tho

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by divinelypruned(f): 7:23pm On Sep 25, 2019
Hello Stblessing, hope you are doing good, haven't had from you for days now?
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 8:00pm On Sep 25, 2019
Both ran to the center of the hall, hand in hand and beaming all around, like young lovers, which they were. Uche turned to her grinning.

"Hope you have your dancing shoes on baby"

"Oh please Uche, I can barely walk with these shoes"she asked pointing to her extra high heels.

"then kick them off silly" he rolled his eyes.

she widened her eyes, "seriously"

"yes, seriously"

"hmmm, okay" she shrugged and kicked off the shoes, heaving a sigh of relief when that was done.

"Chai! finally" she sighed.

"now... let's begin" he smirked.

"hold on Uche, I don't think I can da....."

she was interrupted by Uche who pulled her suddenly and rested her on his strong arms.

"then don't worry, I'll teach you"

Gift smiled.

He quickly pulled her up and turned her around, before pulling her closer to him.

"So, we've been together for three years plus right?"

"Right"

"I was just thinking"

"about what?"

"maybe its time for us....”

"to do what?.."

"to” he coughed. " to..." he coughed again and placed his hand on his chest.

"Uche, what's wrong?" Gift asked in a panicked voice.

"To...to....." he began to go down.

"Uchenna!!! Uchenna!!!!!" Gift cried as others began to flock around with worried faces. Uche soon coughed again and again until he fell on one knee with a bowed head. Then, he smirked and raised it up again, bringing out a small, red box from his breast pocket.

"To settle down.... Ngozi, Daisy Okoye. The love of my life. The dream of my dreams. My purpose and my joy...." he opened the box, revealing a well planted silver ring, with a huge diamond in the middle and several others around it. Gift widened her eyes in shock as others gasped in amazement.

"Will you marry me?"......

5 Likes

Re: Purple Roses by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2019
thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by izaray(f): 8:43pm On Sep 25, 2019
This kind of engagement tricks is so scary biko. Initially I was even scared for Uche self

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by Emex100(m): 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2019
izaray:
This kind of engagement tricks is so scary biko. Initially I was even scared for Uche self

You better be prepared Co's mine will be more scary.

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 25, 2019
Stblessing, you can make somebody fear sha! I appreciate your beautiful story, thanks for sharing with us.
Re: Purple Roses by skubido(m): 8:53am On Sep 26, 2019
Gbam

Tanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by Ann2012(f): 12:21pm On Sep 26, 2019
Fear catch me oooo

Thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 8:34pm On Sep 26, 2019
Gift gasped and widened her eyes in shock as Uche dropped the question again.

"will you marry me?"

She covered her mouth as the guests began shouting and cheering both of them. She just couldn't believe her eyes. She felt like she was dreaming inside a dream. It was heaven on earth. Finally, after a long pause, she spoke up.

"You insensitive jerk.....what sort of question is that?" she barked with a frown that immediately caused Uchennas heart to sink and others to turn pale. He held his breath for the worst.

"of course I'll marry you!!!" she exclaimed while jumping and clapping, causing he and everyone else to heave a sigh of relief. He grinned, and took her hand. He carefully slid it into her ring finger, on her right hand. He stood up, admist cheers of joy from the others.

"That's one one now. Next time, don't scare me like that again" she stuck out her tongue. He grinned and threw her arms around her, and she also hugged him tightly. Finally, after a while, he separated from her and their lips were locked in a passionate kiss.

Rose just sat at one corner, watching the whole scenario with a bitter heart. At first, she was excited when she saw Uchenna pretending to have a heart attack, but was immediately shattered again when she saw him pull out a ring and propose to her. Imagine! her worst enemy who she considered no better than a rag, was the one getting all this attention and now, she was engaged to the love of her life. All in one day! while she, the so called beautiful, popular and perfect rich girl was sitting at one corner, crying her eyes out. No love, no friend, no one to comfort her. She was all alone and miserable in life, as she believed.

While she was in the midst of her thoughts, she felt a shadow fall over her. She slowly look up and saw a sight she thought she had never seen before in her life. A breath taking figure.

He was tall, like really tall, almost as tall as a statue. One could even mistake him for one, with the way he moved his body unnoticeably. His skin was as dark as coal, yet it shone brighter than the sun. His muscles shot out, and his broad chest stood him out. His eyes were just divine, at it had this look that would make any sane woman fall on her knees. He was just....wow.

"Hey there lovely, would you like some company?" he asked in his perfectly deep pitched voice.

"No" Rose said plainly. The man was drop dead gorgeous yes, but she wasn't in the mood for any interaction now, talk more with a man. She was just too emotionally stressed to be charmed by a man like him.

"Are you sure, you don't look like you should be alone" he said as he sat down.

"Look at them" Rose said with her eyes fixated on Uche and Gift, who were dancing merrily. "Just look at how happy they are. Dancing, jumping around acting like lovers from a soap opera"

"You mean your sister?" he asked with a raised brow. She turned to him and smirked.

"Upon shes the one that ruined my relationship with the only man I ever loved....she's still the one that ends up happy. She's still the one that gets all the attention and love. She practically has my life now. And still yet, she still gets married to a Prince... a bleeping freaking prince....while I'm here, drowning my sorry self in alcohol" she raised the cup of alcohol in front of her to him.

"Wow, that's a pity. Well sorry for you girl, but if you know that she doesn't deserve to be happy now, why let her? Even the odds babe"

She narrowed her eyes. She nodded her head and smirked. "Say, you're right. Why should I let her be happy and joyful while im sad and miserable? no. I should let her feel what I feel now. I should make the game fair, right?"

"Just saying" he shrugged.

"Thank you so much stranger, I appreciate. cheers" she picked up the cup and walked out with a victorious smile.

"I'll always be there for you....Rose Okoye" he gave a smirk.

an evil one.....

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by izaray(f): 8:44pm On Sep 26, 2019
God please protect Gift and Uche and put Rose into shame

Thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by skubido(m): 9:57am On Sep 27, 2019
Make Rose no start wetin she no go fit finish ooooo.

OP tanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by YoungBruzzy(m): 1:49pm On Sep 27, 2019
thanks for the update OP.. chineke, pls put rose to shame ooooo don't let her succeed with her evil plans��
Re: Purple Roses by PrudySara(f): 1:51pm On Sep 27, 2019
Rose, your evil thoughts won't materialize oh...
Thanks OP
Re: Purple Roses by Ann2012(f): 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2019
Rose, go siddon jeje jare
Thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 8:41pm On Sep 27, 2019
The party was just about to be rounded up. Guests who were still available and interested, began to head to the food booth for a sumptuous meal, before they dispersed. They stood in line, each taking the food item he/she wanted when it was their turn, and putting it in their plates on the small tray they carried.

The newly engaged couple went around, greeting the guests and receiving congratulations. They arrived at the food table to ask how they were faring.

Rose smirked as she saw Gift and Uchenna at the food table. Perfect, she thought. She picked up her plate, forced her self in front of the line and had some food, much to the protests of the queued guests. She ignored them through, smirked and approached the couple.

"Hi sis" Rose greeted with a wide grin.

Gift turned and smiled nervously. "H...hey Rose"

"So, are you enjoying the party...and my life?"

"Excuse me?" Gift raised a brow.

"Don't mind me. Anyways, I just wanna say congratulations on your newly discovered life, and your redemption from poverty. I guess no condition is really permanent as they say. Uche?" she turned to Uchenna

"M hm" he answered reluctantly, hands akimbo.

"Congrats on your engagement. I am soooo so happy for you"

"Thank you.....Rose" he responded with narrow eyes, obviously wondering why Rose was being so cordial. Was she up to something?

"Anyways" she turned back to Gift. "Once again, congratulations. I wish you the best of luck"

"Thanks Rose"

Rose nodded and made to leave them, when she suddenly clammed into Gift, causing the well prepared Egusi soup on her plate, to spill on Gifts dress, almost emptying the plate in the process. Gift screamed in horror while Rose just gasped and covered her mouth in pretense. Everyone was soon thrown into confusion as to what just happened.

"Oh...my....God!! I am sooo sorry, it...it was an accident, I swear...wait a sec" she brought out her handkerchief. "Let me clean it up for you!!!" she began to forcefully wipe the dress, causing the huge stain to spread the more. She did it with so much viciousness, until Gift took her hand away and pushed her.

"That's enough Rose, you're only making things worse!!" she burst into tears, covered her face and ran out.

Uche turned to her with fire in his eyes, "Bleeping Bitch!!" he barked at her, before running after Gift.

Rose smirked evilly as she watched Uche run off. Suddenly, a strong arm suddenly dragged her away from the scene, and into a secluded space. Lo and behold, it was her father.

"what was that for Rose? what was the meaning of the stunt you just pulled?" George asked.

''Excuse me, it was an accident dad! "

"STOP LYING TO ME! I know you did that on purpose. You intentionally ruined your sisters dress, just so you could make her unhappy. And guess what, you succeeded, are you happy now?"

Rose scoffed and turned away.

"You are really nothing but a heartless human being! I regret ever having you as my daughter!!...and you know what?" he paused for a while. "YOU CEASE TO BE MY CHILD FROM NOW HENCE FORTH!!!"

Rose turned to him with a dropped jaw.

"Dad..are you...are you disowning me?" she asked with a broken voice.

"What does it look like? you don't deserve to be an Okoye and until you change your ways...." he turned away from her and let the words painfully come out.

"I don't know you anymore.."

She held her breath and pursed her lips, as tears welled up her eyes. Soon, she exploded.

"FINE!! do as you wish!! I knew this would happen one day but you know what....I DON'T CARE!! I HATE YOU AND EVERYTHING THAT CONCERNS YOU!!! BLEEP YOU AND YOUR F*CKING LIFE, AND GO TO HELL FOR ALL I CARE.....ASSHOLE!!!!"She screamed as she ran away.

George closed his eyes and let a tear drop.

"Goodbye......Rose"........

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Lucifer's Key / Victims Of Passion / The One Who Awaits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.