Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,811 members, 7,802,611 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? (12106 Views)

Can A Muslim Woman Marry A Non-muslim Man? / Zakat Calculation On Money At Your Finger Tips. / Ruling On A Muslim Man Marrying A Non-muslim Woman And Vice Versa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by Richy150(m): 9:40pm On Apr 12, 2019
Can I give a non Muslim my Zakat?

Zakat is a form of alms-giving treated in Islam as a religious obligation or tax, which, by Quranic ranking, is next after prayer in importance. As one of the Five Pillars of Islam, zakat is a religious obligation for all Muslims who meet the necessary criteria of wealth. - Wikipedia

3 Likes

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by abdulazeez1002(m): 9:38pm On Apr 13, 2019
It is not permissible. But you can give them regular charity not obligatory charity (i.e zakaah) and to exhange gifts and with them and treat them well to soften their hearts towards Islam

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by sarahade(f): 8:26pm On Apr 14, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
It is not permissible. But you can give them regular charity not obligatory charity (i.e zakaah) and to exhange gifts and with them and treat them well to soften their hearts towards Islam

What is this one saying oga go and sit down.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by sarahade(f): 8:28pm On Apr 14, 2019
Richy150:
Can I give a non Muslim my Zakat?

Yes.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by abdulazeez1002(m): 9:12pm On Apr 14, 2019
sarahade:

What is this one saying oga go and sit down.
Go back to Islamiya

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by abdulazeez1002(m): 9:12pm On Apr 14, 2019
sarahade:

Yes.
Proof??
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by abdulazeez1002(m): 12:59am On Apr 15, 2019
sarahade:

Lol. Proof that charity is for anyone who needs it. You are a terrorist.
We have different kind of Charity in Islam, he is talking about Zakat in particular.

Instead of you to bring proof, you are already calling names. Smh

8 Likes

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by fawaz050(m): 10:04am On Apr 15, 2019
sarahade:

So i don't know what zakat is abi. Where did the prophet s.a.w say zakat is for only muslims abi it's Allah's commandment.

And you are a terrorist
In the Islamic shariah, zakat is only for the eight groups of people mentioned in the verse below. However, you can extend charity (sadaqah) to individuals who are deserving or in state of need irrespective of faith or colour.

ZAKAT it is for these stated groups only

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 60:
إِنَّمَا الصَّدَقَاتُ لِلْفُقَرَاءِ وَالْمَسَاكِينِ وَالْعَامِلِينَ عَلَيْهَا وَالْمُؤَلَّفَةِ قُلُوبُهُمْ وَفِي الرِّقَابِ وَالْغَارِمِينَ وَفِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَابْنِ السَّبِيلِ فَرِيضَةً مِّنَ اللَّهِ وَاللَّهُ عَلِيمٌ حَكِيمٌ

As-Sadaqat (here it means Zakat) are only for the

1) Fuqara' (poor), and

2)Al-Masakin (the poor) and

3) those employed to collect (the funds); and

4)for to attract the hearts of those who have been inclined (towards Islam); and

5) to free the captives;

6) for those in debt; and

7) for Allah's Cause (i.e. for Mujahidun - those fighting in the holy wars), and

cool for the wayfarer (a traveller who is cut off from everything); a duty imposed by Allah. And Allah is All-Knower, All-Wise.
(English - Mohsin Khan)

13 Likes

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by fawaz050(m): 10:12am On Apr 15, 2019
fawaz050:

In the Islamic shariah, zakat is only for the eight groups of people mentioned in the verse below. However, you can extend charity (sadaqah) to individuals who are deserving or in state of need irrespective of faith or colour.

إِنَّمَا الصَّدَقَاتُ لِلْفُقَرَاءِ وَالْمَسَاكِينِ وَالْعَامِلِينَ عَلَيْهَا وَالْمُؤَلَّفَةِ قُلُوبُهُمْ وَفِي الرِّقَابِ وَالْغَارِمِينَ وَفِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ وَابْنِ السَّبِيلِ فَرِيضَةً مِّنَ اللَّهِ وَاللَّهُ عَلِيمٌ حَكِيمٌ

1) Fuqara' (poor), and

4)for to attract the hearts of those who have been inclined (towards Islam); and

5) to free the captives;

7) for Allah's Cause (i.e. for Mujahidun - those fighting in the holy wars), and

cool for the wayfarer (a traveller who is cut off from everything); a duty imposed by Allah. And Allah is All-Knower, All-Wise.
(English - Mohsin Khan)
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by fawaz050(m): 10:13am On Apr 15, 2019
fawaz050:

1) Fuqara' (poor), and

5) to free the captives;

(English - Mohsin Khan)
Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by abdulazeez1002(m): 11:09am On Apr 15, 2019
sarahade:

So i don't know what zakat is abi. Where did the prophet s.a.w say zakat is for only muslims abi it's Allah's commandment.

And you are a terrorist
You clearly don't no what Zakat is. Call me what you like, it's a common practice of the Kafir to Muslim.

The Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) said to Mu`adh [in the authentic hadith, reported by Bukhari 1365, Muslim 26-27, and elsewhere], ‘Tell them that they are obliged to give a charity (i.e. zakat) that is taken from their rich and given to their poor.’

“The Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace) specified the Muslims as giving it to their poor, just as he specified that it is only obligatory on their rich.” [Ibn Qudama, al-Mughni, 2.1774]

The hadith commentators mention that their above refers to ‘the Muslims,’ in both cases. This is how Imam Kasani explained it in his Bada’i` al-Sana’i` in Hanafi fiqh.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by sarahade(f): 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2019
fawaz050:

1) Fuqara' (poor), and

5) to free the captives;

(English - Mohsin Khan)

So only muslims are poor or in debt. Mtcheew
Where is it written that it's meant for only muslims.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by abdulazeez1002(m): 1:22pm On Apr 15, 2019
sarahade:

Please carry you fake hadith and go away
Which kind of person are you

I gave reference, why don't you check it out.

Your problem is ignorance and Pride. You want to talk when you don't no anything abt it

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by abdulazeez1002(m): 1:24pm On Apr 15, 2019
sarahade:

Somebody Quoted Quran for you and you are still asking questions.

Are you even a Muslim?

Answer to your question: just common sense- when their are poor Muslim to give Zakat, what will make you give zakat to people that do not even believe in the God that commanded you to give zakat

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by sarahade(f): 1:29pm On Apr 15, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
Which kind of person are you

I gave reference, why don't you check it out.

Your problem is ignorance and Pride. You want to talk when you don't no anything abt it

Know sir.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by abdulazeez1002(m): 1:40pm On Apr 15, 2019
sarahade:

Bleep terrorist.
Allah says; whoever does not judge by what Allaah has revealed, such are the kaafiroon.” [al-Maa’idah 5:44]

Ibn ‘Abbaas said: “Whoever rejects what Allaah has revealed is a kaafir.”

You are a kafir, and this above are my proof

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by abdulazeez1002(m): 1:41pm On Apr 15, 2019
sarahade:

Know sir.
Allaah says: “Do they then seek the judgement of Ignorance? And who is better in judgement than Allaah for a people who have firm Faith?” [al-Maa’idah 5:50]

2 Likes

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by abdulazeez1002(m): 4:40pm On Apr 15, 2019
sarahade:

Terrorist.
Apostate

1 Like

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by abdulazeez1002(m): 5:40pm On Apr 17, 2019
sarahade:

You are just a terrorist. The quran is very clear and direct stop adding your own. Boko haram
And you could not accept a clear verse a bro gave you.

You are not a Muslim And you no nothing about the Quran.

You must be from the George Bush family

2 Likes

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by fawaz050(m): 9:51am On Apr 18, 2019
sarahade:

Where is it written that it's meant for only muslims.
The only case a non - Muslim could receive zakat is when we're trying to endear their heart towards Islam or when we hope that by giving them they will come to enamour Islam or they will stop their evils or to pay off one of the enemies of the Muslim and

Allah knows best.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by fawaz050(m): 9:53am On Apr 18, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
And you could not accept a clear verse a bro gave you.

You are not a Muslim And you no nothing about the Quran.

You must be from the George Bush family

Pls brother and sarahade drop this altercation, there's no need for it

1 Like

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by najib632(m): 9:02am On Apr 19, 2019
sarahade:

Yes.
The messenger of Allah S.A.W and Abubakar R.A. used to give Zakat to the non Muslims before they passed away. But Umar R.A. stopped it because during his time there was a larger population of Muslims and they deserved the zakat more than the disbelievers.

7 Likes

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 19, 2019
It is permissible to give charity to non-Muslims and this action will be rewarded, if they are in need of it, but they should not be given the obligatory charity, i.e. zakaat, unless they are those whose hearts are to be softened (i.e., they are close to embracing Islam). It is a condition for giving charity to non-Muslims that they should not be involvied in fighting the Muslims or driving them from their homes, because charity in such cases would be seen as helping them to wage war against the Muslims.

(Fataawa Mutanawwi’ah by Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 521

9 Likes

Re: Can I Give A Non Muslim My Zakat? by wis3(m): 9:19am On Apr 19, 2019
abdulazeez1002:
extremism grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Reasons Why You Should Not Celebrate Maulud Nabiyy: Supposed Prophet's Birthday / Reason Why Allah (SWT) Create Mankind In Different Tribes And Colors / Who Are Ahmadiyya Or Qadianiyya?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.