Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early (74842 Views)

3 Reasons Why You Should Marry Early / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes / Pressure To Marry Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by vetisrael(m): 11:48am On Apr 15, 2019
It's not a necessity for a young man to have everything before settling down to Marry, just that majority of the young men today are so skeptical about the future, God has said it all in the holy books, 'be fruitful and multiply', all has provided everything we need as a man, it's left for us to wake up and do the needful.

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by tete7000(m): 12:26pm On Apr 15, 2019
maasoap:

Late marriage when you're going to have children is bad. Learn and move on.

Who defines what is late? You? You have nothing to teach me, if anything I have more to teach you so as to take you out of your one way approach to life which can only end you and those around you in frustration. By the way you can give those lessons you want to teach others to your children, they don't move or impress me...
Nothing is late, the word in itself is relative. Relative to perspective. Many marry 'early' and end up having children 'late'. Many marry "early", only to come back and remarry "late". Only God fixes the time of man. You people should stop preaching messages that push many into desperation. By the way, where was it preached to you that marriage is a must for all?

4 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by loomer: 12:36pm On Apr 15, 2019
agarawu23:
people marry with lesser amount. What's traditional marriage? No be to go villa go know your wife people? Na as u present yourself the family go take you. It all depends on the lady you are dating. Don't tell me all these married poor men married with over 100k

Me know say 100k no fit reach. Or you think say wedding na one day? It starts months before the actual ceremony.

All the travels and visitations you go make to see wifey family. And even your own family. Unless all una dey live for one street

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by mare88: 12:45pm On Apr 15, 2019
n
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by TempleHouse: 1:26pm On Apr 15, 2019
THIS IS THE BEST PIECE OF WRITE UP I EVER SEEN IN NAIRALAND
WELL DONE !

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Foxie: 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2019
truthsayer009:

Asin ehn, my bro. The thing tire me, foolish parents putting so much pressure on First borns.

That's how one Idiotic girl starting with "Saf**" in her name was arguing yesterday that Women in marriage is what make Men successful. Me that I know once you marry your life slows down by 85%. All the risk & opportunities you could take before is no longer available, you have to think of your Wife & children first.

[s]Any man who doesn't get his finances right before marriage is forever doomed. He will die in Poverty I swear[/s]!
Shut up!!! You're not God. My husband got a good job with a multinational oil company after we got married. His life and finances has gotten way way better compared to when he was not married and you know what? this is just the beginning. If he had continued to wait till he got his finances right, he'd still have been struggling. 'He that finds a wife, finds a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord'.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Foxie: 1:59pm On Apr 15, 2019
lefulefu:
its mostly illiterate ignorant parents dat jus depend on first born. these days there are who save and invest for the future.many of them buy lands with the money they earn from their jobs.some build hostels for students to rent and the money they make from these business they save and invest. and dat one about women in marriage is wat makes men succcesful na big lie oooo.there are many young guys cos of the rush into early marriage they have become stagnant in life. the little money they would have saved and used to go back to school to upgrade themselves acedemically or set up a business they will be using it to feed wife and kids.no progress in life and all will just be about feeding wife and kids.i know one guy who got married in his finals in d university.the guy read mining engineering but till date the guy is doing porter job in one small hotel carrying bags for customers while his young wife sells crayfish in d market to survive.if u see d guy now he looks so worn out looking after his wife and his two children.the little money he makes he canr use it on himself and if u see him now he now looks like a pensioner.a young guy oo.[s]omo wen u want to get married as a man make sure ur finiances are strong cos if not ur marriage will be hell.
[/s]

I'd rather you advise that one marries a decent and sensible lady with stable and a good source of income who can manage a home, then the burden of catering for the home won't be solely be on him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Foxie: 2:02pm On Apr 15, 2019
OP this is a very nice piece. He/she that has ears let him/her hear. Enough said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by maasoap(m): 2:15pm On Apr 15, 2019
tete7000:

Who defines what is late? You? You have nothing to teach me, if anything I have more to teach you so as to take you out of your one way approach to life which can only end you and those around you in frustration.

Too late for that, I made my decision long time ago my friend.

By the way you can give those lessons you want to teach others to your children, they don't move or impress me...

No one impresses anyone on a faceless forum, don't forget that.

Nothing is late, the word in itself is relative. Relative to perspective. Many marry 'early' and end up having children 'late'. Many marry "early", only to come back and remarry "late". Only God fixes the time of man. You people should stop preaching messages that push many into desperation.

So many things could be late including marriage

By the way, where was it preached to you that marriage is a must for all?
Then, why the argument? You should have posted just this and save us both stress of typing and reading now.
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 2:32pm On Apr 15, 2019
maasoap:

Who doesn't pray? But leaving everything to prayer is like gambling. You don't wait to have everything before making that big decision because the truth is that only few can have everything.

Interestingly, most often finding someone to cope with you in moment of not having everything is the bigger question.

Late marriage get many reasons jareeee make una take a chill
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 15, 2019
Foxie:
I'd rather you advise that one marries a decent and sensible lady with stable and a good source of income who can manage a home, then the burden of catering for the home won't be solely be on him.
i very much agree that a man who wants to marry should go for a woman who is sensible and can manage the homefront and a woman that can manage money. The management of money is very important cos there are some women u will give 500k for weekly upkeep and instead they will use d whole 500k to buy creams and hair wig plus clothes dat they will use to slay in front of mirror to upload on instagramcheesy. Such a woman no fit make a good wifecheesy. As for a woman having a very good source of income..well if the lady u about to marry is resourceful,hardworking,caring will u now refuse to marry her cos she aint earning a six figure salary?
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 15, 2019
Foxie:
. 'He that finds a wife, finds a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord'.
it is he who finds a good wife oo dat finds a good tin and not jus any wife. There are some wives wey don push their husbands into commiting suicide and some wey don give their husbands heart attackcheesy. It is only if u lucky to have a good wife that u can say u have gotten a good thing.

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Foxie: 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2019
lefulefu:
i very much agree that a man who wants to marry should go for a woman who is sensible and can manage the homefront and a woman that can manage money. The management of money is very important cos there are some women u will give 500k for weekly upkeep and instead they will use d whole 500k to buy creams and hair wig plus clothes dat they will use to slay in front of mirror to upload on instagramcheesy. Such a woman no fit make a good wifecheesy.
Would you classify such a woman as sensible??

lefulefu:
As for a woman having a very good source of income..well if the lady u about to marry is resourceful,hardworking,caring will u now refuse to marry her cos she aint earning a six figure salary?
Please at what point did I mention the boldened??
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Foxie: 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2019
lefulefu:
it is he who finds a good wife oo dat finds a good tin and not jus any wife. There are some wives wey don push their husbands into commiting suicide and some wey don give their husbands heart attackcheesy. It is only if u lucky to have a good wife that u can say u have gotten a good thing.
Do not add to God's Word! As much as I get your drift, it is clearly stated in the Bible that 'He who finds a wife, finds a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord' and not he who finds a good wife.
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by tete7000(m): 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2019
maasoap:

Too late for that, I made my decision long time ago my friend.

No one impresses anyone on a faceless forum, don't forget that.

So many things could be late including marriage

Then, why the argument? You should have posted just this and save us both stress of typing and reading now.

Your comments just hilarious, something to read and laugh about....Nothing more...
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Acidosis(m): 4:51pm On Apr 15, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
and how do you know our dreams are not bigger than dangote own?

Which dream? iPhone and Benz?
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 15, 2019
GavelSlam:

Why you dey bring your guy leg out na?
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 15, 2019
Foxie:
Do not add to God's Word! As much as I get your drift, it is clearly stated in the Bible that 'He who finds a wife, finds a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord' and not he who finds a good wife.
ok madam i don hear u..no vex cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 15, 2019
Acidosis:

Which dream? iPhone and Benz?

grin grin grin hahaha grin grin grin grin

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by pinkyruledworld(m): 6:10pm On Apr 15, 2019
I agree with u strongly. Most wont understand until dey get to their 50s and 60s. I am not married and I feel the pain of not marrying early but wetin we go do. man still dey struggle. may God bless us all
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by FatherCHRISTMAS: 6:56pm On Apr 15, 2019
I would love to marry early but there are circumstances surrounding what we all desire. You can't house another mouth to feed while you are still struggling to find your balance as a young man.
Honestly, no man wants to marry late that's why when we were in primary school we planned having a good job then having a wife, then having children too.
In all, a man or woman who doesn't marry will live thier lives with the fangs of Loneliness deep into their memories
The key is finding a heart to call yours no matter how late it is. You can't use another man's life to equate your own journey; just because Mr A at 28 married aunty C 24 does not mean that Mr D at 33 marrying aunty E at 30 is unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by lastmessenger: 6:57pm On Apr 15, 2019
vetisrael:
It's not a necessity for a young man to have everything before settling down to Marry, just that majority of the young men today are so skeptical about the future, God has said it all in the holy books, 'be fruitful and multiply', all has provided everything we need as a man, it's left for us to wake up and do the needful.
it depends on your interpretation of the bible. Being fruitful means different thing to different people.

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by chemgee: 8:23pm On Apr 15, 2019
darkelf:

Typical African analog thinking.

Turnaround blessings ko.....

With fallacious believes in generational curses and abstract breakthroughs....

No will to affect lives positively and push the limits of science, the arts, commerce and economy. Just build house and buy car...such shallow and superficial thinking. Very parochial and selfish with no thought for their fellow men.

People, I just described the mentality of the average naija citizen
Na so we see am o..
Oyibo= invent, research, scientific/medical Breakthrough, prefer to solve problem via thinking
My brothers= sex, food, children, Religion, consume, consume & still consume, prefer to solve problem by asking God to miraculously solve it for us..

I was just thinking if Nigeria were to be in the Chinese shoes with respect to population, would we have adopted one child policy?
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by bukatyne(f): 8:52pm On Apr 15, 2019
Very well written.

Nothing beats early marriage to the right person.

Truth is we do not train our kids for marriage early enough so they do not plan accordingly.

For people citing the West, they complain about low birth rate hence the constant immigration and lottery programs to boost their population.

Japanese have a crisis on their hands as their youth have stopped marrying.

It is the industrialization/information age that has made not relepenishing the old generation fine.

For people who say marriage kills dreams.... What can we say about Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, Omotola, Dora, Okonjo-Iweala, Ezekwesili, etc. etc.

Early marriage even gives you more time to pursue your dreams. Marry early 20s, slowly build till your 30s and launch very deep in your 40s to 60s/70s.

You even have more time for your spouse when your kids are out of the home in your early/late 40s.

God help us.
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Raalsalghul: 8:53pm On Apr 15, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
instead of giving a sensible rebuttal ur foolishness no let u see road to call a write up rubbish...
There is nothing foolish about my statement...it's the truth.
Incase you don't know....the deadbeat I was referring to was my dad.
Our lives are different.
What works for A might not work for B.
I won't advise anyone from a humble background to get married so early.
At least have something in place for your kids...that's the most important thing.
Got an uncle that got married at 42 having built his house with another landed property in place.
God forbid if he dies today don't you think his kids whom are little by the way have something to live on.
I still insist whether 27 or 57, live a legacy for your offspring.

2 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Raalsalghul: 8:55pm On Apr 15, 2019
Opiletool:

My kind of person. Same thing I told a colleague this past week. If you marry and have kids early, if at a long run you're still struggling to provide for them, the kids would at a time wish you never gave birth to them, or wish a rich person was their father. Which insult is worse than that?

2 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Raalsalghul: 8:57pm On Apr 15, 2019
Opiletool:

My kind of person. Same thing I told a colleague this past week. If you marry and have kids early, if at a long run you're still struggling to provide for them, the kids would at a time wish you never gave birth to them, or wish a rich person was their father. Which insult is worse than that?
Your comment is highly sensed.
If you know how many times I've asked God why he gave me my dad.
All these get-married-early propaganda from folks, I pity them.
No try am oh if your background is humble.... .especially in a country like Nigeria where your hard work doesn't guaranteed success.

3 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Raalsalghul: 8:59pm On Apr 15, 2019
Opiletool:

These ones never know anything.

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Raalsalghul: 9:05pm On Apr 15, 2019
MelaninGold:
Op is making some points here. But you need to be financially, emotionally and psychologically prepared before going into marriage.

A young man of 25 is old enough to get married but the economy of our country is very disabling. You will agree with me that some 25 year olds are still searching for admission due to the almighty JAMB or even finance. For those who are in school already,may be in 200l or 300l. Now, after graduation,NYSC.. looking for a job. This could take 2,3,4,5 years. When they finally get a job,they have to save enough before thinking of marriage.

Let's be sincere here..most men of 25-30 are not even serious-minded people.
Take Nairaland for example, I have observed that most young men and women are more interested in sex, violence, tribalistic threads than those that promote unity, innovation, education entrepreneural skills. Imagine if this peolpe choose to get married now.

Just to give an example of the disadvantage of late marriage. I know a family where the parents got married late. Mom was around 33,dad was about 36.They got married and had to start having kids. They have 5 children now, Their eldest child is 26, about to graduate. The other children are undergraduates. Parents are no longer working. Everyone now depends on the first born - soon to be medical doctor.

[/i]In a nutshell... early marriage is good y'all.
[i]Your story doesn't depict the disadvantage of getting married late.
Rather it emphasizes what I've been screaming on Nairaland for sometime.
Folks should reduce the number of kids they have......Nigeria is overpopulated already.
Even from your story, one can observe the parents aren't good planners.
Why not have just 2 or 3?
Now the first child will dragged down with the needs of others
Who da Bleep gives birth to 5 kids?

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:09pm On Apr 15, 2019
Raalsalghul:

There is nothing foolish about my statement...it's the truth.
Incase you don't know....the deadbeat I was referring to was my dad.
Our lives are different.
What works for A might not work for B.
I won't advise anyone from a humble background to get married so early.
At least have something in place for your kids...that's the most important thing.
Got an uncle that got married at 42 having built his house with another landed property in place.
God forbid if he dies today don't you think his kids whom are little by the way have something to live on.
I still insist whether 27 or 57, live a legacy for your offspring.
that kind living a legacy na by build house and land...so Wat if d legacy no come...na cos we de society wer it's survival of d fittest...
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by 11thGoldTREE: 9:09pm On Apr 15, 2019
bukatyne:
Very well written.
Nothing beats early marriage to the right person.
the piece is nice but when you consider the root cause of late marriage it all boils down to economic reasons. You wouldn't want to take a man who can barely afford his rent. Once he pays his rent you have to put into consideration feeding, medical bills, clothing, electricity bill among others.

Most parents are conscious of the fact that the economy has no bright prospects for starting a family early so they shy away from encouraging thier children to marry early.

What are we even saying! The societal expectations from a man is too high! Is it a man that must do everything? Let the women too marry early and foot the bills so they see how easy it is.

I personally want to marry before 30 but after marriage will my wife still be staying in my parents house? Will I still be borrowing to feed my wife? That's not the kind of life I want.
Let's all come to terms with our own reality, how many men under the age of 30 are gainfully employed enough to start a family? Let's all come to terms with the truth ; even though it's bitter
Re: The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early by Raalsalghul: 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2019
vetisrael:
True a man mustn't have everything.
But somethings must be in place.
And this bible verse you're quoting doesn't apply.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Dies In An Accident While Chasing Cheating Husband In Calabar / Sa'adat Olajumoke Bakare: Missing Person Found (PHOTO) / Housewife Caught Having Sex With Lover, Fined N50,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.