Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,090 members, 7,807,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

5 Myths About Real Estate Investments - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / 5 Myths About Real Estate Investments (829 Views)

Forget All You Know About Real Estate Investment / Real Estate Investments In Lekki and Nigeria. Daily Update / Salary Is Important But Real Estate Investments Is IMPORTANTER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Myths About Real Estate Investments by Drymz(m): 10:43pm On Apr 13, 2019
There are a lot of Myths and falsehoods that have been peddled by a lot of people which has robbed so many people of benefitting from the blessedness of investing in Real Estate, some of these Myths include;

1) Myth 1
Real Estate Investments are only for the rich: this is absolutely not true, you can start investing in Real Estate no matter what you earn, all you have to do is to keep learning and applying ways to *Grow* your Investments consistently!

2) Myth 2
All cheap/affordable lands or properties are fake while expensive lands/properties are legit: This is one of the lies peddled by people in order to sound intelligent, with due diligence you will always find affordable properties that are not so expensive, I know people who bought expensive properties but lost them because they acted on wrong information and beliefs.

3) Myth 3
Once you are educated you don't need to waste money on Estate Consultants/Surveyors/Strategists before investing in Real Estate, they will only "chop" your money: I usually laugh when I hear people talk or act in accordance to this myth, I am sure they think all these Professionals went to waste time in school to study, just last week a Professor and a Dean of his faculty called me and was begging me to help him because he had believed this Myth and had lost Tens of millions as a result. Don't let failure teach you the lesson Professionals would have taught you for just a token.

4) Myth 4
It is very difficult to get a piece of land or property that is problem free: I usually blame this lie on the addiction of a lot of people to spread false/bad news: My late Dad was the first person who taught me about Real Estate when I was between 5 to 7 years old, he always took me along whenever he had any Real Estate Deal to make, I never saw him make any wrong deal because he always did his due diligence and asked relevant Questions before buying any property, He was so good at this that the present Governor of Kano State who was the Deputy Governor then, employed him to oversee his Investments...mind you my Dad at that time only had Secondary School Education!

5) Myth 5
Never Borrow to Invest in Real Estate: Let me surprise you, even Banks and Financial Institutions are willing to give you affordable loans to Invest in Real Estate as long as the documents are legit and intact because they know that Real Estate Investment is the most stable form of Investment and they will HARDLY loose, although no Investment on Earth is 100% risk free. With proper research you will find Financial Institutions like the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria who are willing to give you funds to Invest in Real Estate

Don't let this Myths stop you from taking advantage of the marvelous opportunities that the Real Estate sector presents to all Nigerians.

David Oluwasegun Raheem is a Real Estate Consultant and Wealth Strategist, you can contact him through his email oluwasegunraheem@gmail.com

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

5000 Tonnes Of Soyabeans Needed To Be Supplied And Delivered To ONITCHA @150k+ / Fotocash Review: Legit Or Scam / Earn Approximately $20 Daily With This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.