Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,831 members, 7,802,666 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

The Bridegroom Episode 3(dont Miss Out? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Bridegroom Episode 3(dont Miss Out? (521 Views)

The Bridegroom Episode 2(dont Miss Out) / The Bridegroom Episode 1(dont Miss Out) / Impregnate Me Or I Die (episode 3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Bridegroom Episode 3(dont Miss Out? by laus(m): 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2019
THE BrideGLOOM
episode 3
Charlotte: I can’t wait for break time so I could get myself something to eat.
Nina: are you that hungry?
Charlotte: I am.
Nina: didn’t you have breakfast at home?
Charlotte: Nah. It’s been ages since I last made breakfast at home.
Nina: oh dear! Things must be very bad
Charlotte: I stopped because each time I make breakfast for myself, Deric would descend on it. He’s lazy to make breakfast so I stopped.
Nina: you used to speak highly of him before now. I can’t believe how bad things are between you now. That’s sad.
Charlotte: Since he stopped working, I can’t stand him anymore. I wish I have somewhere else to go at the end of every day.
Nina: book a hotel for at least a week. That might help
Charlotte: I’ll actually think about it. Jaykob offered me a weekend away. I think I might consider it.
Nina: with him or on your own?
Charlotte: on my own. All expense paid!
Nina: take it then.
**Charlotte’s desk telephone rings**
Charlotte: hello…. to your office? Alright, coming.(drops the phone)
The manager wants to see me in his office. I’m scared now. I hope I haven’t made another blunder
Nina: you just submitted the proposal he asked you to write, right?
Charlotte: yes and I am really hoping he is happy with it. Anyways, I’m going now.
Nina: good luck
Charlotte: I need it!
(Charlotte got to Mr Adrian office and met him holding the business proposal she submitted to him earlier and she was worried that she may have got something wrong…With sweaty palms and an unsteady voice, she asked…)
Charlotte: you sent for me, sir?
Mr Adrian: yes, I did. Take a seat. Erm, I’ve just gone through the proposal and may I say what an amazing job you did!
Charlotte: phew! Thank you, sir.
Mr Adrian: this is very professionally drafted. Just goes to show that first impressions are not really as important as we think. My first impression of you wasn’t particularly great.
Charlotte: I was having a very bad day on that day, sir.
Mr Adrian: so how are things? Any better?
Charlotte: I’m coping, sir.
Mr Adrian: coping means you’ve come to accept something you shouldnt, because you have no option. Do you really have to?
You always have options but sometimes they are not visible to you or you may need someone else to reveal them to you.
Charlotte: I wish I have any options, sir
Mr Adrian: do you mind if I ask. What exactly is the problem?
Charlotte: it’s my husband, sir. He was made redundant over 5 months ago and I have been the one bearing all the family burdens.
It is putting pressure in our marriage and we are arguing a lot.
Mr Adrian: oh marriage! Is he actively seeking employment then?
Charlotte: yes, he is but no good news yet.
Mr Adrian: what sort of job is he looking for?
Charlotte: he was a bank manager before he was made redundant, so he is looking for a similar role.
Mr Adrian: give him my card; ask him to contact me after 12pm tomorrow. I may have something for him. Not here but in another company
Charlotte: oh thank You, sir. Thank You!
Mr Adrian: you are welcome. So when was the last time you went on a date with your husband?
Charlotte: Oh! Decades ago! Ermmm, it should be on his birthday. That was February last year
Mr Adrian: that’s nearly one year. Why don’t you take him out on a date or even a weekend away. That might calm things a bit.
Charlotte: he is not outgoing and would decline any such offer, sir.
Mr Adrian: That’s no good! Anyway I am new in town as you know and I need to go out this Friday. I’m not sure if you know any nice place I can hang out for a drink or two and perhaps watch some music performance. Any idea?
Charlotte: Erm, yes. There’s quite a lot of such places within.
Mr Adrian: do you mind coming with me? I mean you can bring your husband if he wouldn’t mind. I just need some company.
I am currently not getting on well with Jaykob I would have gone with him.
He is a very dishonest sneaky bastard and I can’t stand him. Pardon my language.
Charlotte: like I said, my husband is an indoor person but I wouldn’t mind going with you.
Mr Adrian: if that doesn’t cause more problems in your home, I would be grateful. Where would you like to be picked up?
Charlotte: by crescent bus stop. Amos knows where that is
Mr Adrian: I’ll be coming with my personal driver. I don’t mix business with pleasure. But not to worry he’ll find it. So see you Friday evening then!
Charlotte: alright, sir. I’ll go back to my office now.
Mr Adrian: sure, thank you.
(As Charlotte was walking back to her office, she bumped into Jaykob)
Jaykob: that must have been an annual meeting, with Mr Adrian, Mrs Deric!
Charlotte: Good morning, Jaykob!
Jaykob: it is certainly a good morning, from the look on your face. Anyways! Do take a look at your phone when you have a minute. I left you a message.
Charlotte: will do. (Walks back to her desk)
Nina: is everything okay?
Charlotte: yes! He said the proposal was excellent!!
Nina: great! Your husband called
Charlotte: the office line?
Nina: yes. He said he’s been trying to reach you through your mobile. He said he left you a message on whatsapp
Charlotte: Oh! Okay. Thanks.
(Charlotte opened her whatsapp and replied her husband’s message as well as Jaykob’s. But unknown to her, she mixed things up and sent the reply that was meant for Jaykob to her husband and vice versa!)
Nina: Jaykob bought us lunch. I’ve already had mine. Yours is under your table.
Charlotte: stingy man! What did he buy?
Nina: mine was some rice and drinks
Charlotte: boring!
Nina: I can have it if you don’t want
Charlotte: I’m hungry
Nina: then be appreciative!
Charlotte: yes ma’am!
(Charlotte got home and met her husband reading reading a newspaper and taking no notice of her presence whatsoever)
Charlotte: guess what?
Deric: I am not good at guessing
Charlotte: you are getting a job Soon!
Deric: I’m assuming that is my compensation for the kiss, huh?
Charlotte: huh? What are you talking about
Deric: (grabs his phone and starts reading out the message to her)
“You deliberately made me drink more than I should so you could kiss me. If I wasn’t off my face, I would never have kissed you, at least not this Soon! Erase that memory from your head as it may never happen again!”
Charlotte: it was…ermm, I can explain, Nina used my phone….No! She changed my SIM card. I can call her if you want….
To be continued
Re: The Bridegroom Episode 3(dont Miss Out? by Ann2012(f): 9:34am On Apr 14, 2019
Well done OP

(1) (Reply)

Going Home Squad - (A Short Story) By Ekemini Pius / Black Sparkle Romance: Can The Modern Woman Balance Love And Career? / Balls Of Steel (1.)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.