Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,710 members, 7,805,920 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother (28220 Views)

Helen Paul: "I Sold Pure Water At UNILAG" / Helen Paul: Hijab Is A Head Covering, Not A Religion, Islam Is Religion Of Peace / Helen Paul Used Hijab For A Skit With Wo Song, Slammed By Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by CastedGist: 1:53am On Apr 14, 2019
GistMore.com

Nigerians were shocked when popular comedienne, Helen Paul, revealed that she was a product of rape while celebrating the doctorate degree she recently got from the University of Lagos.

In an encounter with Sunday Scoop, Helen Paul said she didn’t regret sharing the true story of her birth. She stated, “I chose the occasion to reveal the story of my birth because I dedicated the degree to my mother. There is time for everything and I felt it was time to tell the world. Apparently, it’s not even my story; it’s my mother’s. I am humbled and grateful to God for seeing me through the programme. Everyone was happy for me in my family. Even when I finished secondary school, everyone was excited for me. We celebrate each other in my household.”

Paul said despite her father’s misconduct at the time, she had never held any grudge against him. She stated, “I am on good terms with my father. Is there anyone who doesn’t have a cordial relationship with his or her father? That can only happen if you are a terrible child. Regardless of what your father might have done to you in the past, your father remains your father. If I said I was not affected by it while growing up, that wouldn’t be honest. It could affect anyone but I used my situation to my advantage. It inspired me to always do more and be the best, instead of being depressed.”

Helen Paul also stated that she was not done with learning, arguing that once one stopped learning, the person would stop functioning. She said, “I like to learn; so, I will keep learning. Tomorrow, don’t be surprised if you see me learning tailoring or hairdressing. However, there was a time I really wanted to give up while studying for my doctorate degree but I had the right people around me. In life, you cannot do it on your own; you need certain people around you to achieve greatness.”

See more; http://gistmore.com/i-dont-hate-my-dad-for-raping-my-mum-helen-paul

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by CastedGist: 1:54am On Apr 14, 2019
cool
Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by iGist: 4:20am On Apr 14, 2019
cool
Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by fvck(m): 3:56pm On Apr 14, 2019
I see

1 Like

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 14, 2019
Look at what this one revealed to the whole world.. This your mouth eeh.. Product of rape, now how does that sound??.. You think say here na America. mtewww. Ndi mmadu sef

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by oluwasegun007(m): 3:57pm On Apr 14, 2019
You try no be small..
Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by Fizzymike1(m): 3:57pm On Apr 14, 2019
You are a strong woman indeed

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by Onarabu: 3:57pm On Apr 14, 2019
You talk too much woman.

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by seanery: 3:58pm On Apr 14, 2019
SIGH..!!!
FTC at LAST

1 Like

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by Afonja007: 3:58pm On Apr 14, 2019
with your dry jokes,popularity wey you dey look for your rape story don help you getr more naa so rejoice

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by Upton: 3:58pm On Apr 14, 2019
How will her father and step siblings feel? Imagine her step-brother looking at their father like ser this rapist lipsrsealed angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by paddyofboss(m): 3:58pm On Apr 14, 2019
Where did she say her mum was raped

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by Mamakimy97: 3:59pm On Apr 14, 2019
Just b talking..u forget d kind society u dey...if u cumout tomorow come change mouth ...ur body go tell u

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by 01mcfadden(m): 3:59pm On Apr 14, 2019
How will the rapist Dad feel right now.

5 Likes

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by Enemyofpeace: 4:00pm On Apr 14, 2019
Shamuless girl

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by chloride6: 4:00pm On Apr 14, 2019
Everyone has their own skeleton?

Why exhume yours?

Ph.D with no sense

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 14, 2019
There's a reason why the word secret exists...I don't see how you being a product of rape is an inspiration. ..your phd yes..but the rest nooo....

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by kogi2010: 4:01pm On Apr 14, 2019
helen Paul

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by crackhouse(m): 4:01pm On Apr 14, 2019
paddyofboss:
on the bed

4 Likes

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by babyfaceafrica: 4:01pm On Apr 14, 2019
why are u telling us?

1 Like

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by tstx(m): 4:02pm On Apr 14, 2019
Following

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by abukuru(m): 4:03pm On Apr 14, 2019
Is she now encouraging rape?

3 Likes

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by Bossjakande: 4:04pm On Apr 14, 2019
if d man apologies is okay cos we dont know wat mum do DAT led to rape.
Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by NotComplaining: 4:04pm On Apr 14, 2019
OOO MY DEAR Helen,

Youre not alone, I just hope the hundreds of other chidlren born from rape in Nigerias polity find their way too.

Unlike you, theyre not qualified, and definitely not suitable candidates to be leading the masses, but will be forcing young aspiring graduates to pass through NYSC in waste lands with little or no shelter.

2 Likes

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by abukuru(m): 4:04pm On Apr 14, 2019
tstx:
Following

we have heard you, must u keep sing ?
Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by ironheart(m): 4:05pm On Apr 14, 2019
Missing him already, the society may hate him n commit him to death or prison, the mum hates him, he may regret his action for life. but the child will wish it knows its dad. Like they say, blood is thicker than water.
Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by Daeylar(f): 4:08pm On Apr 14, 2019
She stated, “I am on good terms with my father. Is there anyone who doesn’t have a cordial relationship with his or her father? That can only happen if you are a terrible child. Regardless of what your father might have done to you in the past, your father remains your father.

Rubbish.
There are many people who are do not have a cordial relationship with their fathers due to how badly their fathers may have treated them and not because they were terrible children.
Not everyone subscribes to tolerating abuse and their abuser because "regardless of what your father might have done to you in the past. Your father remains your father" SMH
Some people are actually strong enough to break from from their abusers even if said abuser is their father.

Helen paul should just have said that she forgave her father for raping her mother and moved on. All the extra talk wasn't necessary. No one would have blamed her if she had chosen to hate him for what he did to her mum. Neither would it have made her a terrible child (if that is what she had been taught and that is what she feared)
Congrats on her degree

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by femi4: 4:08pm On Apr 14, 2019
paddyofboss:
Seems you just bought data today

1 Like

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by midnighter(f): 4:09pm On Apr 14, 2019
What kind of story is this And who the heck told her that she was a product of a rape "whilst she was growing up" ?!

3 Likes

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by tiredoflife(m): 4:10pm On Apr 14, 2019
Smh these celeb will say anything to trend
She is eyeing a deal to speak about rape of African women
This ladies of these days will disgrace their own to get bank alerts
Anything for money

10 Likes

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by femi4: 4:11pm On Apr 14, 2019
uzobaby:
There's a reason why the word secret exists...I don't see how you being a product of rape is an inspiration. ..your phd yes..but the rest nooo....
Its an inspiration, there is nothing new under the sun. I don't believe in secret

It encourages such victims to keep their babies. Forgiveness despite and inspite of all that happened

2 Likes

Re: Helen Paul: I Don’t Hate My Father For Raping My Mother by paddyofboss(m): 4:13pm On Apr 14, 2019
femi4:
Seems you just bought data today
Seems you can't mind your biz today

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Toyin Abraham Is Pregnant - OurTalkRoom / Dbanj Pictured With Idris Elba / Olamide And Lil Kesh In London For Basketmouth's Lord Of The Rib (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.