Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing (17414 Views)

What Is Stopping The White From Getting The Cure For HIV/AIDS? / Lady Designs Condom Made Cloth For Hiv Awareness (photo) / Things You Can Relate To If You've Gone For HIV Test Before. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing by sweetilicious(f): 8:11am On Apr 14, 2019
collitexnaira:

Not a cure, but the infected would know their status on time and stop spreading it by staying away from raw sex and seek for ART
Good.Just as diabetic patients test themselves every morning to obtain the sugar level for the day.This is a welcome development if it will come into fruition.
Re: FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 14, 2019
o
Re: FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing by HarunaWest(m): 8:22am On Apr 14, 2019
id4sho:
Dem Boiz
in China this dude will be a king
Re: FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing by deltateam: 8:30am On Apr 14, 2019
olaolaking:
How? Is the test a cure?

It means you can test yourself and partner.
Re: FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing by Westsida: 9:10am On Apr 14, 2019
Aspeb:
Actually, there re any naturopathic doctor that cure HIV but USA control Nigeria health sector and major department. That means source of USA income is going to an end if allow herbal practitioners to cure HIV patients. I cure 2 HIV patients last year. But I can publish it if don't want put myself in danger. .....

I knew there would later be hiv cure. Malaria has no cure many years ago too and now it’s easily curable today!
Re: FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing by Chinny024(f): 9:55am On Apr 14, 2019
Though a welcome development.However,I think some people with lower threshold to uncertainties could be depressed, commit suicide instantly,,and might even revenge by spreading it to more people as he/she is not counselled...
Before anything,pre and post test should be put into consideration with emphasis on the way forward and what is expected of him,how to overcome stigma,discrimination,compliance to ART,and ABCs.
HIV is not just malaria or PT tests..
My opinion shaa...
Re: FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing by ojinuocheibi(m): 10:16am On Apr 14, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:
Okay! Akwa Ibomites, Benuens, Afonja and Yoruba muslim s.ex maniacs please take note
i pity your race especially you generation. I know that there was happiness when you where born not knowing that it should have been a sperm meant to be thrown away with a condom after sex. Wasted effort.

1 Like

Re: FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing by Seandisputed(m): 10:48am On Apr 14, 2019
nony43:
HIV is not a death sentence
E dey sweet for mouth if you no get am

1 Like

Re: FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing by Sanemind(m): 11:08am On Apr 14, 2019
GOFRONT:
But they said HIV is a scam..
are you a learner?
Re: FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2019
Aspeb:
[s]Actually, there re any naturopathic doctor that cure HIV but USA control Nigeria health sector and major department. That means source of USA income is going to an end if allow herbal practitioners to cure HIV patients. I cure 2 HIV patients last year. But I can publish it if don't want put myself in danger. ..... [/s]

Shut up.
Re: FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing by Raxxye(m): 3:46pm On Apr 14, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:
Okay! Akwa Ibomites, Benuens, Afonja and Yoruba muslim s.ex maniacs please take note
You be i.diot!
Re: FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing by OSUigboKiller: 5:07pm On Apr 14, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:
But you forgot the O. S. U. S

THE MAIN PEOPLE IN THE PROSTITUTION BUSINESS
Re: FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing by thehopeful: 5:56pm On Apr 14, 2019
Help us tell the minister that he is unfair to Joint Health Sector Union. He should pay our withheld salaries of April and May 2018 before he vacates office.
mrakeli62:
The Federal Government has developed an operational guideline for effective implementation of Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) self-testing in Nigeria.

The guideline outlines the principles for delivery approach, package, quality assurance and coordination for HIVST in the country.

Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, who stated this during dissemination of the guideline and report of the Laboratory-based evaluation of Alere HIV Combo rapid test kit, said preliminary results from the Nigeria HIV/AIDS Indicator and Impact Survey (NAIIS) showed that the country has made significant progress in the control of HIV and is on course to attaining the UNAIDS global 90-90-90 targets, to ensure that 90 percent of people, who are infected with HIV know their status, 90 percent of those who know their status receive anti-retroviral therapy (ART) and 90 percent of those on ART are virally suppressed.

Adewole noted that current data reveals that Nigeria has 1.9 million persons infected with HIV with about 1.1 million on ART, adding that in order to meet the target for the first 90, Nigeria must have 1.71 million people, who know their status by testing and identifying up to 600,000 HIV positive persons by December 2020.

Earlier, Director of Public Health in the ministry, Dr. Evelyn Ngige said to ensure accurate and reliable diagnosis of HIV infection in Nigeria, the National AIDS/STIs Control Programme of the Federal Ministry of Health, in collaboration with Development Partners has been conducting evaluations of HIV raid test kits (RTKs) to determine their suitability for placement in the national HIV testing algorithm.

https://guardian.ng/news/fg-develops-operational-guideline-for-hiv-self-testing/amp
Re: FG Develops Operational Guideline For HIV Self-testing by Mcreloaded(m): 8:34pm On Apr 28, 2019
alezzy13:
Where can one get the self test kits

That's the question that need to be asked since it takes 5 minutes for the result to be out it will come in handy for our men who patronise okpo aka ashawo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Pollution Endangers Residents' Health - BBC / COVID-19: Abia Government Seals Church, Market In Aba / How Do You Dispose Placenter After Child Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.