Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

The Church Promotes Abortion By Her Actions - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Church Promotes Abortion By Her Actions (528 Views)

UK Christian Preacher Convicted Over Abortion Clinic Protest / Sihle Sibisi Defends Her Actions After Claiming Tb Joshua Raped Her / Redeemed Pastors, Their Daughter And An Abortion By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Church Promotes Abortion By Her Actions by sebali: 4:19pm On Apr 14, 2019
It's no news that some churches would not wed couples if the bride is noticeably pregnant e. g Redeem.
In my Parish(am a Catholic) a sister was rejected as choirmaster because she has a child out of wedlock(this is a lady in her mid 30s)
Agreed, true Christians are suppose to abstain from sex before marriage bt now the deed is done. Is it not better to wed these couples then reject them. Do we rather the lady in my choir committed an abortion, keeps her secret to herself and becomes choirmaster.
I think these kind of stigmatisation is actually promoting abortion because girls who go ahead and give birth are shamed while those who abort in secret can even join in shaming their peers.
Re: The Church Promotes Abortion By Her Actions by holuwamosey(m): 4:52pm On Apr 14, 2019
U are right me av stop following people all in d name of religion ooooo
Re: The Church Promotes Abortion By Her Actions by sebali: 6:18pm On Apr 14, 2019
holuwamosey:
U are right me av stop following people all in d name of religion ooooo

Only d unwise follow blindly
Re: The Church Promotes Abortion By Her Actions by Nobody: 5:30am On Apr 15, 2019
You have a very valid point there, for this is something I also intend to address with a thread I already have lined up.

Thanks for being to see the injustice in this way of the church, for fornication is one sin, but fornication plus abortion are two.

So when someone is punished for one sin, while the person that commits two is left unpunished, it becomes a great injustice to the person that commits one sin.

God be with us.

1 Like

Re: The Church Promotes Abortion By Her Actions by 1Sharon(f): 6:18am On Apr 15, 2019
sebali:
It's no news that some churches would not wed couples if the bride is noticeably pregnant e. g Redeem.
In my Parish(am a Catholic) a sister was rejected as choirmaster because she has a child out of wedlock(this is a lady in her mid 30s)
Agreed, true Christians are suppose to abstain from sex before marriage bt now the deed is done. Is it not better to wed these couples then reject them. Do we rather the lady in my choir committed an abortion, keeps her secret to herself and becomes choirmaster.
I think these kind of stigmatisation is actually promoting abortion because girls who go ahead and give birth are shamed while those who abort in secret can even join in shaming their peers.

The church doesn't need to bend it's rule to suit you!

You don't need to marry in a church anyway, after all Christians still divorce the same as non-Christians

Blame the church for abortion? Pls stop with the finger-pointing and take responsibly for your own Bleep- ups.

You Christians need to decide whether you want the church to uphold biblical rules or do you want 'come as you are'?

Confused lot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Church Promotes Abortion By Her Actions by sebali: 7:34am On Apr 15, 2019
1Sharon:

You don't need to marry in a church anyway, after all Christians still divorce the same as non-Christians

Blame the church for abortion? Pls stop with the finger-pointing and take responsibly for your own Bleep- ups.

You Christians need to decide whether you want the church to uphold biblical rules or do you want 'come as you are'?

Confused lot

You missed the point. Sister A fornicates, gets pregnant, commits abortion she remains welcome wethin the fold, sister B, fornicates gets pregnant, decides to have the baby she is segregated. By this are we not encouraging our sisters to commit abortion to avoid being labelled bad.
Remember Christ came for sinners not saints so why push the so called sinners away?
Re: The Church Promotes Abortion By Her Actions by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 15, 2019
1Sharon:

Confused lot
sadly for you, you have nothing to be confused about, but your own confusion.

I mean when have you ever commented in an atheism section of Nairaland?

OK please forgive me for there's none, because there'd be nothing for atheists to talk about without religion.

So don't worry we accept the fact that the religion gives you something to talk about, if not you atheists would be mute.
Re: The Church Promotes Abortion By Her Actions by 1Sharon(f): 7:40am On Apr 15, 2019
sebali:

You missed the point. Sister A fornicates, gets pregnant, commits abortion she remains welcome wethin the fold, sister B, fornicates gets pregnant, decides to have the baby she is segregated. By this are we not encouraging our sisters to commit abortion to avoid being labelled bad.
Remember Christ came for sinners not saints so why push the so called sinners away?

The one that fornicated and aborted will be segregated too if the church knew about it.

They know the rules, why get pregnant and attempt to marry? Do you support biblical values or do you want them bent ?

1 Like

Re: The Church Promotes Abortion By Her Actions by 1Sharon(f): 7:42am On Apr 15, 2019
jesusjnr:
sadly for you, you have nothing to be confused about, but your own confusion.

I mean when have you ever commented in an atheism section of Nairaland?

OK please forgive me for there's none, because there'd be nothing for atheists to talk about without religion.

So don't worry we accept the fact that the religion gives you something to talk about, if not you atheists would be mute.

Atheists will be mute when Christians stay in their lane and don't try to impose their views on others. You all deserve what you are getting. Y'all are getting a taste of ur own medicine.

1 Like

Re: The Church Promotes Abortion By Her Actions by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 15, 2019
sebali:

Don't waste your time trying to explain yourself to someone who's is a confused state of mind, for you've given her confused mind something to talk about.

So take her expressed confusion as her way of expressing her gratitude for the very good thing you'd done for her, for that's - confusion - all that she has to give.
Re: The Church Promotes Abortion By Her Actions by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 15, 2019
1Sharon:

Atheists will be mute when Christians stay in their lane and don't try to impose their views on others. You all deserve what you are getting. Y'all are getting a taste of ur own medicine.
Is the religious section now your own Lane?

You don't even have any lane of your own yet you are complainant.

Try and get your own lane first, if you'd not see how empty the lane would be, and if even if atheists would want to even be on their own lane?

Don't worry i'm not even trying to drive you away from the religious lane because I don't want you to become bored to death.

So you can remain here but my point is that at least you show the owners of the religious lane you are presently riding your groove on some due respect

Don't be an ingrate 1Sharon!

(1) (Reply)

Popular Ghanaian Gay Man Repents Gives Life To Christ (photos) / Which Stanza Of The National Anthem Do You Prefer? / Before You Read Their Posts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.