Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,397 members, 7,781,136 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:36 AM

Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 (15181 Views)

Accident: Tiger Woods Suffers Multiple Leg Injuries After California Car Crash / Messi And Ronaldo Won't Be In UCL Semi-Finals For The First Time Since 2005 / Tiger Woods Jumps To Sixth In Rankings, Takes Home $2.07 Million (n745m) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by peacettw: 10:20am On Apr 15, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
lolz...you ate talking about one of the greatest sportsman in the world... he has nothing to prove to anybody.....

Maybe... Maybe not
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by PETUK(m): 10:21am On Apr 15, 2019
zizman:
Its since 2008 o...misleading headline

He hasn't win a masters since 2005, the OP is not wrong.
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by peacettw: 10:21am On Apr 15, 2019
Reference:

That is a receipe for a seriously miserable life. The God that created you forgives and I'm sure those he offended have as well and moved on. So where do you stand...out in the cold.

My dear its been a decade.... move on.

You know what... Let's give this a few days and see whether I am truly alone in my thoughts.

And for those that will mention me again after this post, I am afraid that I can't oblige you anymore. I understand your frustrations at my comment. I really do. Perhaps now, you will understand someday why I am frustrated and disappointed as well with the man named Tiger Woods who had so much potential but wasted it all on very bad decisions.
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by babyfaceafrica: 10:22am On Apr 15, 2019
peacettw:

You know what... Let's give this a few days and see whether I am truly alone in my thoughts
you are alone..move on
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by DeRay98(m): 10:25am On Apr 15, 2019
peacettw:

oh well, at the risk of sounding like a broken tape, it is my opinion of him. We all must not think alike. Tiger Woods needs to retire or at best repair his sullied past. This win may mean something to you but it doesn't to me.

Tell me any Tennis player in history who has achieved the success of Roger Federer and still playing at a "forbidden age" in tennis, tell me of Female tennis player who achieved the success of Williams sisters and playing at top of their sport at such "impossible age" in female tennis in history.
Yet, these are in the same generation as Tiger Woods.
It therefore, means that his age isn't your grudge but his marital affairs issues.
Tell Serena and Roger Federer to quit.

3 Likes

Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by evy1(m): 10:26am On Apr 15, 2019
peacettw:

My opinion. Last I checked, we all have them
How do you keep on being alive, when you have this kind of mindset tueh.
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by babyfaceafrica: 10:28am On Apr 15, 2019
DeRay98:

Tell me any Tennis player in history who has achieved the success of Roger Federer and still playing at a "forbidden age" in tennis, tell me of Female tennis player who achieved the success of Williams sisters and playing at top of their sport at such "impossible age" in female tennis in history.
Yet, these are in the same generation as Tiger Woods.
It therefore, means that his age isn't your grudge but his marital affairs issues.
Tell Serena and Roger Federer to quit.
Apt..like she is a saint...it is like saying john terry is not a football legend for shagging his friend's gf(Wayne bridge)
.or Ryan gigs is not a premier league legend for shagging his brothers wife.....
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by openmine(m): 10:37am On Apr 15, 2019
peacettw:
I lost my respect for this man a long time ago. All I can say towards this supposed success is this, your time has come and gone... Leave the younger ones to find their footing. Michael Jordan retired from basketball and will forever be remembered as one of the greatest athlete of our generation with millions from endorsements etc.
Tiger Woods should aim towards that. Repair your public image first and help us forget your past deeds. Then work towards immortalizing your name in golf. Winning tournaments by a stroke of luck etc will not do that
One of my best match commentators on the now famous pro evolution soccer game(PES),Jim beglin would say it so eloquently and excellently.... "You can never put a good man down"
Yes he made mistakes in his life just like you and everyone...the only problem was that he was a celebrity who must be seen as perfect!
However,No one is perfect!
Despite all his adversities and mockers,he still rose up just like the phoenix out of the ashes!

1 Like

Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by skentelelady(f): 10:42am On Apr 15, 2019
peacettw:
I lost my respect for this man a long time ago. All I can say towards this supposed success is this, your time has come and gone... Leave the younger ones to find their footing. Michael Jordan retired from basketball and will forever be remembered as one of the greatest athlete of our generation with millions from endorsements etc.
Tiger Woods should aim towards that. Repair your public image first and help us forget your past deeds. Then work towards immortalizing your name in golf. Winning tournaments by a stroke of luck etc will not do that

F00l! What do know about respect Who care about your respect? TW and we his fans don't even know you. What do you even know about life? So because he went on a break, to you he's finished. Rubbish post by shallow brain poster

The downfall of a man is not the end of his life. I pray he's back stronger and better now.

One of my best athletes welcome back

3 Likes

Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by four4: 10:45am On Apr 15, 2019
Wood! His ex wife really dell a big blow to his money and career
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by skentelelady(f): 10:45am On Apr 15, 2019
peacettw:

And I understand and respect that. However, I believe that he needs to do much more than play golf.

Please just shut up already and keep your senseless opinion to yourself. Who comes to people like you for opinion Ode!

It is better you delete all your rubbish and hatred posts on this thread

2 Likes

Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by saintol(m): 10:46am On Apr 15, 2019
The Tiger is back.

1 Like

Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by peacettw: 10:48am On Apr 15, 2019
skentelelady:

Please just shut up already and keep your senseless opinion to yourself. Who comes to people like you for opinion Ode!

It is better you delete all your rubbish and hatred posts on this thread

So much vitriol. And yet not one thing said.
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by Reference(m): 11:18am On Apr 15, 2019
peacettw:

So much vitriol. And yet not one thing said.

You know what. A time back I too was always disappointed in the tragic stories of these public figures. My list is even longer than yours and it did include Mr. Tiger Woods. Remember he was in the famous Gillette trio of invincible athletes together with Roger Federer and Thierry Henry. Even Federer lost contact with him in his troubles. It took me a while to get over it.

Then I realised something. That it is hard, very hard to find a person who excels in everything. Life is about effort and compromises. It is hard to excel in one thing without sacrificing something else. What these athletes, musicians, actors, professors, even pastors go through to get to the top gives them little room to learn and practice other skills we mere mortals take for granted.

The opportunities we have to blend our lives into societal conformities may not have been available to them when they needed them in their youth. Not making excuses for them but a kid who spent most of his youth on a golf course, football field, gymnasium or tennis court and out of contact with the opposite sex and living a regimented life is not going to make perfect relationships when he eventually tries.

A kid who grew up in a poor home that lacked everything including parents who understood the dynamics of money making and prosperity is not going to make sound economic choices when he starts to rake in millions from sports, film or music. Where will he learn that from especially if he was denied sound formal education as well.

So.we need to contextualise the circumstances around these people. What I do and will advice is a mental detachment from the person or personality and rather appreciate the works he does for its excellence and inspiration but knowing it came at such a high cost that we may not be able to bear if we seek a perfectly rounded, idealistic life.

Have a nice day dear.

4 Likes

Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by banio: 11:22am On Apr 15, 2019
At least he has learnt his lesson after lashing oloshi, skin to skin, at $1000 dollars per hour.

The down fall of a man is the lost for puvsy

1 Like

Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by blackboy(m): 11:30am On Apr 15, 2019
Never give up
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by AnuliKay: 11:30am On Apr 15, 2019
the GOAT forever

Fresh off Jackie Aina calling out fashion brands (read: FashionNova) for not being inclusive, beauty bloggers are complaining about a sicker trend; Digital Blackface. Digital Blackface is when makeup brands photoshop their makeup swatches on dark skin.

Apparently, makeup brands don’t want to hire black models, but they want your money tho, so they tint a model’s skin color, and pass her off as black. This act is proved in the swatches, because they end off looking the same on all skintones.

Read more: https://kaynuli.com/this-new-trend-in-the-beauty-industry-is-ugly/

Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by udemzyudex(m): 11:36am On Apr 15, 2019
peacettw:

Mtcheew. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Nonsense,the guy doesn't know you exist, if he was thinking about the opinions of people like you I'm sure he wouldn't be where he is today.
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by joetem(m): 11:49am On Apr 15, 2019
FindX:
Ashawo man but we don forgive am.

Which one is ashewo man there? If u get 1% of his wealth, u will Bleep the whole girls in benue state
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:51am On Apr 15, 2019
hisexcellency34:
I heard his ex-wife has been crying since yesterday asking people to help her beg Tiger to forgive her

ls it because he won?? Or she has been begging for the past 10yrs... well if its true... Is it the money and fame?? na wa for some women sha!!...

Tears!! hmmm
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by mechanics(m): 11:52am On Apr 15, 2019
It's been long he has won a major title.
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by johnbuck81(m): 11:56am On Apr 15, 2019
zizman:
no mind them.
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by Charles4075(m): 12:16pm On Apr 15, 2019
DeRay98:

In as much as you have an opinion, your opinion doesn't count for him.
He became famous for his golfing prowess, defying the norm and sport dominated by white men.
His family issues was only used by all to thrash him.
If he hadn't had that episode he probably would earned the status of the "GOAT" by winning more majors than anyone else.
But he's shown what define great men and character in the sport by coming up from "the dead" and reaching the zenith again inspite of his many injuries and surgeries.
So, Mr, keep your judgement to yourself because if he's able keep up for the next 2 yrs, that so called "bartered public image" will regain prominence as one who defied the olds and distractions. Sponsors that judged and wrote him off will be all over him again.

You said winning by a stroke of luck? I see a jealous feminists finding opportunity to thrash a great man.
If you have never sinned keep casting your stones, yeye dey smell.
Leave that ode my brother. Her talk is even irritating my pennis
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by Sirchef: 12:40pm On Apr 15, 2019
Boss of life,inspiration for life.never give up,better days will surely come as long as u remain steadfast and diligent to ur course. I remove headdress for u sir.
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by peacettw: 12:57pm On Apr 15, 2019
Reference:

You know what. A time back I too was always disappointed in the tragic stories of these public figures. My list is even longer than yours and it did include Mr. Tiger Woods. Remember he was in the famous Gillette trio of invincible athletes together with Roger Federer and Thierry Henry. Even Federer lost contact with him in his troubles. It took me a while to get over it.

Then I realised something. That it is hard, very hard to find a person who excels in everything. Life is about effort and compromises. It is hard to excel in one thing without sacrificing something else. What these athletes, musicians, actors, professors, even pastors go through to get to the top gives them little room to learn and practice other skills we mere mortals take for granted.

The opportunities we have to blend our lives into societal conformities may not have been available to them when they needed them in their youth. Not making excuses for them but a kid who spent most of his youth on a golf course, football field, gymnasium or tennis court and out of contact with the opposite sex and living a regimented life is not going to make perfect relationships when he eventually tries.

A kid who grew up in a poor home that lacked everything including parents who understood the dynamics of money making and prosperity is not going to make sound economic choices when he starts to rake in millions from sports, film or music. Where will he learn that from especially if he was denied sound formal education as well.

So.we need to contextualise the circumstances around these people. What I do and will advice is a mental detachment from the person or personality and rather appreciate the works he does for its excellence and inspiration but knowing it came at such a high cost that we may not be able to bear if we seek a perfectly rounded, idealistic life.

Have a nice day dear.

Thank you for putting into words what I have found difficult to say. I once idolised Tiger Woods. He was the epitome of what a hardworking black man should be. All that fell apart when he cheated on his wife with multiple prostitutes. But what really broke the camel's back for me was when he failed to identify as black. The man actually said that he thought the black race was inferior hence the reason he will never date one. Since then, I have taken both the man and his achievements as one. I wonder if he has the same ideologies now.

The man is a huge disappointment and that remains my opinion

For the young ones here who need to be further educated. Here is a link amongst thousands
http://globalcomment.com/tiger-woods-gets-no-love-from-the-black-community-again/

1 Like

Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by sowilli: 2:01pm On Apr 15, 2019
peacettw:

oh well, at the risk of sounding like a broken tape, it is my opinion of him. We all must not think alike. Tiger Woods needs to retire or at best repair his sullied past. This win may mean something to you but it doesn't to me.
the win is part of repairing the past shocked

1 Like

Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by willyjacs(m): 3:56pm On Apr 15, 2019
zizman:
Mr "I too know"

U can embarrass urself again
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by bukatyne(f): 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2019
peacettw:

Except you are his wife, his infidelity is really not our business.

We knew him as a master golfer and he has risen as a Phoenix from the ashes of defeat and succeed again.

I rejoice with him and wish him more years of such.

4 Likes

Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by vincixpresso: 5:15pm On Apr 15, 2019
ebuka10box:
Person wey sabi sabi abeg... Micheal Schumacher would soon be back for Lewis Hamilton .....

Schumacher is now a vegetable
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by ebuka10box(m): 6:35pm On Apr 15, 2019
vincixpresso:

Schumacher is now a vegetable
Bro but u know if Schumacher was still strong,Lewis Hamilton would have been second choice
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by engrelvis(m): 7:37pm On Apr 15, 2019
FindX:
Ashawo man but we don forgive am.
ashawo man indeed. because he was caught abi? U nor flirt pass am
Re: Tiger Woods Wins Masters Tournament - 1st Since 2005 by sharp2dacore: 8:10pm On Apr 15, 2019
Chai.., See what too much watching of fake news have done to this one.

You have joined the "He touched my Pvssy 20 years ago and I can't sleep gang"

Bunch of fvcking liars.

You feminists are a joke.

You people are petty and very small minded.

Only very small minded individuals will focus all their life on what another person did.

Feminist always spend 100% of their time on stuff like men did this and that.

Also, come to think about it, are you Tiger Woods' wife?

Did he sleep with you and didn't pay you after the show?

If the answer to both questions is no, then why should he bother about what you think?

From the best of my knowledge, Tiger Wood's wife collected big pay day in divorce settlement and is somewhere enjoying her life,

while you are here hating on a great man.

peacettw:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Orders Arrest Of Pinnick, Other NFF Officials Over Fraud Allegations / Emenike Blasts NFF For ‘disrespecting’ Yobo’s Testimonial / My Over/Under 2.5 System For Sports Betting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.