Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,489 members, 7,781,466 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:52 PM

Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 (23508 Views)

Ebenezer Babatope: I Asked Jonathan Not To Hand Over To Buhari In 2015 / Ebenezer Babatope: Trump Impeachment, Lesson To Leaders That Power Is Transient / Ebenezer Babatope: Jonathan Will Regret Working For APC's Victory In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by MyGeneration(m): 12:09pm On Apr 15, 2019
Who is baba tope? A nonentity

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by Quorax: 12:09pm On Apr 15, 2019
Amumaigwe:

There is nothing like entire South. We have SW on one hand and SS/SE on the other with no connection whatsoever.
okay. But the North has entire North and they even claim middle belt as North in their AREWA lol. continue doing yourself o. we all go suffer am las las...
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by lagdmark(m): 12:25pm On Apr 15, 2019
NaijaElba:
stupid analysis from an old fool like Babatope. Somebody that didn't have stake in PDP will be saying trash to seek relevance. Who's APC if not Tinubu. It's obvious a lot of people will commit suicide on Tinubu matter soon. As far as I know, Tinubu has the whole of APC in his pocket. 2023 is just around the corner.
Your brain is clouded with smoke, you need fresh air as to think properly
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by ChristianNorth: 12:33pm On Apr 15, 2019
nonsobaba:
You are right though. Osinbajo is a nice guy but he can't win a general election with that pastor tag particularly in the north where the votes are. Fashaola is a more realistic choice for APC in 2023.
Osinbanjo on the ballot can defeat Fashola in all of the 6 regions. Fashola of 2015 was a demi-god but this Fashola has been demystified.

2 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by Amumaigwe: 12:46pm On Apr 15, 2019
wifeesnatcher:

What's Yoruba Christian mumu Igbo boy

The foolish ideology that made you people to be reelecting clowns is still the same stereotype you're using for yoruba, before religion came we are one and still one that's why you have mosque in the street of the church and the traditionalist are doing theirs

I hate you Igbo lack of education in this regards and as for babatope who detest Tinubu a lot, I could have been disappointed if he support any form of his ambition

But a great Yoruba leader, Prof. Ishaq Akintola keeps reiterating that Yoruba muslims are Superior to Yoruba Christians and should always be treated special. This we Christian SS/SE disagree with. We will not rest until Yoruba Christians are emancipated.
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by Funmisurge(m): 1:00pm On Apr 15, 2019
PYO and Gradunje/ Masari or Elrufai will create storm for any opposition only if the deal could sail through among the top echelons of APC.
But for BAT, I don't see his aspiration of becoming President come to pass simply because, a kingmaker hardly becomes king though, he's very intelligent and he has political savvy to get things working for this country.

As for PDP, the best show for them is to zone their presidential candidate to the East and VP to the north but the question is, can a northerner agree to deputize an aspirant from the east?
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by masseratti: 1:05pm On Apr 15, 2019
Bluntemperor:
what is this one saying?A won elenu- onijekuje.they lack discipline,decorum and only feed their mouths and pockets with Nigerian resources.They went into blind ally during a terrorist of Abacha Regime and now wants relevance.people like this makes us dislikes anything called PDP.pls,bloggers no show for your personality o .
I tìre ooo, the man keeps in paying journalist to do interviews for him to stay relevant, he can't even win his polling boot talk less of ward or local government, a serious betrayal, all the money he got from Abacha has finished, he is seeking for relevance... Am not a Tinubu fan, but this man should be ignored by any newspaper, blog etc.

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by technicallyrich(m): 1:06pm On Apr 15, 2019
Ss/se will rather vote for a dog,than for a yorob ass crack mudslim slave.
Derty fols.

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by omohayek: 1:07pm On Apr 15, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Bro it bothers me that the two major political parties are busy with talks of 2023 when 2019 is already looking hellish.

It's almost like a student that just enrolled in a four years degree program who is already looking at the job market for job prospects for the degree he/she just started.

It's clearly putting the cart before the horse. angry
That’s because none of the noisemakers care in the least about governance as a matter of improving ordinary people’s lives, only about which clique’s turn it is to rob the country blind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by masseratti: 1:09pm On Apr 15, 2019
Amumaigwe:

But a great Yoruba leader, Prof. Ishaq Akintola keeps reiterating that Yoruba muslims are Superior to Yoruba Christians and should always be treated special. This we Christian SS/SE disagree with. We will not rest until Yoruba Christians are emancipated.
can you please bring out any post he claimed that? Noting great about ishaq Akintola dont create what we don't have in Yoruba land for us, there are Christians and Muslims living side by side in Ghana, Sierra Leone, Malawi, Edo state without enmity, just like you have it in Yorùbá land non is much more superior to other.

3 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by wifeesnatcher(m): 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2019
Amumaigwe:

You be mumu, in fact an irredeemable iidiot. Where did he say that point it out

At least where Ralph uwazuruike called you people the most foolish tribe is all over places

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by technicallyrich(m): 1:15pm On Apr 15, 2019
wifeesnatcher:

The foolish ideology that made you people to be reelecting clowns is still the same stereotype you're using for yoruba, before religion came we are one and still one that's why you have mosque in the street of the church and the traditionalist are doing theirs

I hate you Igbo lack of education in this regards and as for babatope who detest Tinubu a lot, I could have been disappointed if he support any form of his ambition
there are afonjas.
Afonja christians and afonjas mudslim.now the difference.
They are both weak fols,but the kristians are stronger.
They are both dirty but the mudslams sting.
They both have slavish mentality .
I will give you more if you want
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by hisexcellency34: 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2019
is it baba tope or baba kamoli?
MyGeneration:
Who is baba tope? A nonentity
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by owem19(m): 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2019
NaijaElba:
stupid analysis from an old fool like Babatope. Somebody that didn't have stake in PDP will be saying trash to seek relevance. Who's APC if not Tinubu. It's obvious a lot of people will commit suicide on Tinubu matter soon. As far as I know, Tinubu has the whole of APC in his pocket. 2023 is just around the corner.
mumu
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by tammie24: 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2019
Or another party formed by APC will emerge and field a northerner
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by Goke7: 1:54pm On Apr 15, 2019
Funmisurge:
PYO and Gradunje/ Masari or Elrufai will create storm for any opposition only if the deal could sail through among the top echelons of APC.
But for BAT, I don't see his aspiration of becoming President come to pass simply because, a kingmaker hardly becomes king though, he's very intelligent and he has political savvy to get things working for this country.

As for PDP, the best show for them is to zone their presidential candidate to the East and VP to the north but the question is, can a northerner agree to deputize an aspirant from the east?

once an easterner is on the ticket, it won't fly
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by wink2015(m): 1:58pm On Apr 15, 2019
nairavsdollars:
* Says APC Will Field A Northerner After Buhari's Tenure

By Temidayo Akinsuyi

Chief Ebenezer Babatope, a former Minister of Transport, said on Sunday that the South-West zone of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) would be fooling itself if it thought the national leadership of the party would zone the presidency to the region in the 2023 general elections.

It has been rumoured that Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, former governor of Lagos State, and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo are both nursing the ambition to succeed Muhammadu Buhari in 2023.

Speaking on the raging debate on whether the Northern region would agree to rotation of the presidency after the completion of President Buhari’s tenure in 2023, Babatope, a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)’s Board of Trustees (BoT), said it was certain that the APC would field another northerner as its presidential candidate in 2023.

Babatope, in a chat with Daily Independent, said the North would find it difficult to relinquish power after the end of the Buhari presidency in 2023.

“Whatever happens inside the APC is their headache. Some of our brothers in the South-West have been deceiving themselves that somebody from the South-West will be nominated by their party for the 2023 presidential election.

“But they are merely deceiving themselves because the North will not let go easily and, as such, they will not allow the South-West to field a candidate”.

“So, if our South-West brothers in the APC think the North will hand over to them in 2023, they are only deceiving themselves”.

“They will never hand over power to them or allow them to contest election. After Buhari, they will field another Northerner. All I can do is to wish them well.”

On whether the PDP will zone the presidency to the South in 2023, Babatope said: “We of the PDP will contest the election by the grace of God and what we do in our own party will be determined by what happens within the political system in Nigeria.”

“But we want the APC in the South-West to continue to fool themselves that the national leadership will allow them to contest the election. They will never allow that to happen.”
https://www.independent.ng/apc-will-field-another-northerner-in-2023-babatope/

I am happy to read the views of Ebenezer Babatope. This south west political leader has been off the media radar for some years now.

I like his views as he is confirming the true position of things regarding the NORTHERN LEADERSHIP of President Muhammadu Buhari.

I hope the likes of Tinubu and Osinbanjo will read the HANDWRITING ON THE WALL and stop deceiving their people into thinking that President Muhammadu Buhari who is a NORTHERN FAR RIGHT POLITICIANS will give power to a zone that is the centre of the ongoing campaign for restructuring.

TINUBU KEEP DAY DREAMING AND BETTING LIKE NAIRABET AND NAIJABET THAT BUHARI WILL HANDOVER POWER TO HIM AND THE SOUTH WEST COME 2023.

What a mirage!
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by topcin: 2:18pm On Apr 15, 2019
Imagine, someone in PDP is telling Nigerians what APC will do in 2023.
Infact PMB has not even start His second term and some mumu are talking about 2023.

The truth is that He is telling us now that PDP will contest the election in 2023 with a Northern candidate.

SouthWest, SouthEast and SouthSouth we need to come together has ONE.

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by Elemosho478: 2:29pm On Apr 15, 2019
masseratti:
can you please bring out any post he claimed that? Noting great about ishaq Akintola dont create what we don't have in Yoruba land for us, there are Christians and Muslims living side by side in Ghana, Sierra Leone, Malawi, Edo state without enmity, just like you have it in Yorùbá land non is much more superior to other.

You should have ignore him
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by wifeesnatcher(m): 2:42pm On Apr 15, 2019
technicallyrich:

there are afonjas.
Afonja christians and afonjas mudslim.now the difference.
They are both weak fols,but the kristians are stronger.
They are both dirty but the mudslams sting.
They both have slavish mentality .
I will give you more if you want

Who's this hippopotamus? Where you jump from?

Next time when elders are talking you sit and stick with okpa
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by Amumaigwe: 2:57pm On Apr 15, 2019
NOETHNICITY:
What else do I expect from a pained defeated PDP bot member?

PDP will never rule Nigeria again for the next 100yrs

You are calling him pained yet you posted this trash 3 times in 5 minutes. Between you and Ebenezar, who is the pained?
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by thedio(m): 3:04pm On Apr 15, 2019
Funmisurge:

Tinubu will work against Fashola ambition cos of his popularity,ruggedity and intelligences, he believe Fashola will hijack southwest from him. As for Osinbajo is softness and 8years as VP may work against him. If Tinubu can draft in somebody like femi adesina who I think is acceptable in all geopolitical zone in Nigeria will give APC upper hand regardless of PDP candidate.
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by Thetruthshallse(m): 3:24pm On Apr 15, 2019
This is a big shame!!!! To think that this man is one of the inner carcus of chief obafemi awolowo progressive politics. What happened to his progressive ideology? Now it's stomach infrastructure politics of pdp. SHAME

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by ElRafat: 3:28pm On Apr 15, 2019
If APC really wants to continue to remain in power after Buhari's tenure its better for them to pick someone competent from the North again else if they zone it to the SW and PDP picks someone from the north ,the Northerners will certainly vote for their own and PDP will win and return to power... My advice to APC is that they should forget anything about zoning for now and focused on winning again , maybe after another 8years by then PDP will be dead and they can then zone it to SW.
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 15, 2019
Quorax:
Hmmm... I think the entire South needs to hold meeting at this stage.

Hold meeting for what reason?
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by ChristianNorth: 4:02pm On Apr 15, 2019
olajizz01:
Why all your thinking is on religion,who do this to you.
Its very likely for APC to pick Muslim from SW,your party is fielding Muslim, then why are you against fielding Muslim in other party,The votes the Muslim will secure in the north,Christian will never dream it,a good case study was that of Abiola,the reasons he won his opponent in his state(kano) and almost entire north was because they view him as a good Muslim.

But I'm not in support of Tinubu,he's too old,young person should be choose.

Until you guys realized that you have SW along religious line and your devotions to your religion over region is making the entire South vulnerable for enemies incursion.

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by ChristianNorth: 4:06pm On Apr 15, 2019
wifeesnatcher:

Yoruba christian vs Yoruba moslem rivalry exist. Yoruba moslems believe their christians are misguided and if they are given an option to choose between Islam and their Yorubaness, they would go for the former.

Don't deny this.

3 Likes

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by Rheminx: 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2019
ChristianNorth:
You see, even Yoruba christians are not in support of Tinubu. They would prefer PDP to zone the ticket to the North to cut the seize of their overbearing moslem brothers.

Osibanjo is a better prospect than Tinubu. I am sure Tinubu knows this.

Which one be Yoruba Christians again?

1 Like

Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by izombie(m): 4:35pm On Apr 15, 2019
Odingo1:
All northerners will decamp from APC to PDP soon, time will tell.
guy you get sense. The northerners already know that the likes of atiku, tambuwal or kwankwaso will defeat anyone presented by the apc from the sw, so what will happen is that most of these northern politicians in apc now will decamp to pdp to make sure that the status quo remains thereby making apc a south west party.
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by MikkieEl: 4:40pm On Apr 15, 2019
NaijaElba:

Pocket you claimed?
Let's wait for the outcome of NASS' leadership elections first.
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by Amumaigwe: 4:46pm On Apr 15, 2019
masseratti:

But why is MURIC supporting the agitations to change the dress code of Christian and secular schools in SW to include Hijab? Why are they also agitatiing that FG should appoint only Youruba Muslims as minister? Why are they attacking Governor Fayemi for not appointing enough Yoruba muslims as commissioners? Are these signs of mutual trust and harmony between Youruba Christians and Muslims? What pains us here is that they are having their way to the detriment of their Christian brethren like you, who only specialize in defending your home-grown agressors by living in denial.
Re: Ebenezer Babatope: Tinubu, Osinbajo, South-West Deceiving Themselves On 2023 by wifeesnatcher(m): 4:49pm On Apr 15, 2019
ChristianNorth:

Yoruba christian vs Yoruba moslem rivalry exist. Yoruba moslems believe their christians are misguided and if they are given an option to choose between Islam and their Yorubaness, they would go for the former.

Don't deny this.

Is stupidity an hereditary in Igbo land? Now I'm force to believe Ralph uwazuruike

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dare Kadiri Blocks Ogun Assembly Gate / Describe Your Governor's Performance In 2013 In One Word? / Mu’azu Met Tinubu Before Ekiti Gov Poll —fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.