Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,872 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant (20611 Views)

Cost Of Rent Around Kano | Co-tenant / Cost Of Rent Around Abuja|Co-tenant / Cost Of Rent Around Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by Icon79(m): 7:21pm On Apr 15, 2019
Op, these rates you're quoting are probably from 5 years ago. The prices have jumped through the roof over the past 3 years. I asked someone for a plot of land at Independence layout a few months ago and he was quoting N12m and Trans Ekulu is going for over N15m now. Even Emene is now over N10m.

It's unbelievable what's going on in Nigeria these days.

O pari
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 7:29pm On Apr 15, 2019
Tehila07:

Thanks. Assuming I want to reach Enugu tomorrow evening, when is it advisable to leave Ibadan?

Early in the morning. Journey devoid of traffic jam,You will be there latest 7
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by LeoFish92(m): 8:18pm On Apr 15, 2019
franklingud:
Where this OP come from to know about Enugu state where I reside?

Rent in achara layout is quit expensive due to new streets opening up and buildings everywhere.

Like there is one 3 storey building near my yard.
It goes for 25k per month, 2 bedroom flat.

Another one, 3 bedroom flat, goes for 50k per month.
But I live in a self contained room which cost 100k per year.

As for other places I don't know about them.

I think new Haven 3 bedroom flat goes for 30k or more depending.

One room self contain is 150k per year.

And you said coal camp is expensive than ogui layout??

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Bro coal camp is a ghetto area while ogui is more of schools and few ghetto but the former is cheaper than the later.
You could get a room for 3500 per month.
While ogui can go for 5k for a room due to its closeness to rich areas like presidential road and independence layout.

As for golf estate and Co I don't know Nada about them.

Bro, I'm looking for a self con.

Any vacancy where you stay? And how much did you pay for lawyer and agent fee when moving in?
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by ladycn: 8:25pm On Apr 15, 2019
Icon79:
Op, these rates you're quoting are probably from 5 years ago. The prices have jumped through the roof over the past 3 years. I asked someone for a plot of land at Independence layout a few months ago and he was quoting N12m and Trans Ekulu is going for over N15m now. Even Emene is now over N10m.

It's unbelievable what's going on in Nigeria these days.

O pari
it depends on the location of the land. You can get cheaper lands for immediate development at the price of 3m and above
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by franklingud(m): 8:37pm On Apr 15, 2019
LeoFish92:

Bro, I'm looking for a self con.

Any vacancy where you stay? And how much did you pay for lawyer and agent fee when moving in?
I paid 160k that's 60k for lawyer and agent when moving in.
Then 100k yearly

No vacancy bro
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by franklingud(m): 8:47pm On Apr 15, 2019
kuuljay:
cheapest three bedroom flat in new Haven will not go less than 600k
Not all parts of new haven bro. Some parts of new Haven can go for 30k per month, some houses in new Haven are quite old you know.
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by kalufelix(m): 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2019
calddon:
Enugu is a cool town, lots of provision for recreation.

Pros:
1, Transportation very cheap
2, Food very cheap and in variety
3, Too much oringo for the oringo lovers grin

Cons:
1, Very Expensive housing
2, Poor inroad network in residential areas such as: abakpa, ugwuaji, Monarch, Emene, Uwani, Gariki
3, N0/Expensive water, especially in areas of Enugu urban(20 litres of portable water could go as high as 50naira.

Enugu has the best road network in SE including secondary roads and inland roads. some of the inland roads may not be tarred but the network is superb.There's usually more than one alternative route to access any region

Enugu likens to a northern state in SE with vast acres of underdeveloped lands when compared to Abia imo rivers. Hence housing is relatively cheap

042 is one of the best places to reside in Nigeria with low cost of living and high standard of living. The biggest problem is access to portable water

The
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by kuuljay(m): 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2019
franklingud:

Not all parts of new haven bro. Some parts of new Haven can go for 30k per month, some houses in new Haven are quite old you know.
OK that's true
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 15, 2019
franklingud:

Do you guys pay rent monthly in Enugu?
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by calddon(m): 10:29pm On Apr 15, 2019
kalufelix:

Enugu has the best road network in SE including secondary roads and inland roads. some of the inland roads may not be tarred but the network is superb.There's usually more than one alternative route to access any region

Enugu likens to a northern state in SE with vast acres of underdeveloped lands when compared to Abia imo rivers. Hence housing is relatively cheap

042 is one of the best places to reside in Nigeria with low cost of living and high standard of living. The biggest problem is access to portable water

The
housing relatively cheap? You either have no idea what the situation is on ground or your definition of cheap differs from mine.

The roads in those areas i mentioned are also bad. Have you visited those areas?
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by Icon79(m): 11:35pm On Apr 15, 2019
N3m in Enugu? Which area because if it's anywhere within the city, I would grab it immediately.

Please holla atcha boy!

O pari

ladycn:

it depends on the location of the land. You can get cheaper lands for immediate development at the price of 3m and above
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by kalufelix(m): 12:18am On Apr 16, 2019
calddon:
housing relatively cheap? You either have no idea what the situation is on ground or your definition of cheap differs from mine.

The roads in those areas i mentioned are also bad. Have you visited those areas?

I'm actually typing from Achara layout. I mean when compared to some other states.

Many local governments in Enugu are viable for one reason or the other. The most remote place you can think of may have either a government or private university or polytechnic or any government institution situated right there with good access roads hence living in the suburbs and rural places isn't such a bad idea since transportation is not expensive.

Enugu is a very big place. It's been a while I visited abakpa and emene but I know the present government hasn't done much on roads and infrastructure unlike the immediate past government.
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by golddeejay(m): 3:00am On Apr 16, 2019
Did my nsyc at Enugu(Abakpa Nike). The place is okay to enjoy life on low key. Food and transportation are cheap, cost of living generally. The ladies are mostly pretty and friendly. kiss

But to get accomodation there is a battle. The estate agents charge close to the rent as their fees. Plus they will request for "lawyer money" and expect you to buy crates/cartons of drinks like you are about to marry their daughter. Plus water issue, I heard it costs much more to dig a borehole there.
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by golddeejay(m): 3:06am On Apr 16, 2019
Mexyz:
Which of the Enugu is rent cheap? My guy you can only get cheap place to rent in the rural areas, the city is too expensive abeg.
Guys and slay queens were ready to do anything then just to be in town for service.
3 months into service, I was hearing all kinds of lamentations about the cost of living in Enugu town. 90% of them ended up staying in NCCF family house grin grin.
I enjoyed my service in Awgu local government sha.
God bless Enugu State and the ever performing Gburugburu.
That Gburugburu stopped paying 10k during my time
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by golddeejay(m): 3:17am On Apr 16, 2019
Sanchez01:

Is this supposed to be a question? So you would, in your church mind, refer to outskirts such as Igbo Eze, Udi, and Awgu as cities
I was shock when I saw orji river been referred to as city. I went to visit a corper friend there, I can't hardly survive there for a week. Even some part of Enugu east though more exposed are still referred to as village.
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by ezehisaac(m): 4:45am On Apr 16, 2019
Damn! embarassed
I weep for Nigeria. It’s unfortunate that we don’t love ourselves, yet we keep blaming the government.

Imagine looking for an apartment and the greedy agents charge you for nonexistent lawyer and agent fees.

Giant of Africa indeed! cry
Where I live, though poor, has agents everywhere, but you can never hear about agent or any lawyer fees. The business owners offer commissions to agents for bringing them customers.

Agent fees are supposed to be paid by the owners of the houses and not the tenants.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by calddon(m): 5:00am On Apr 16, 2019
kalufelix:

I'm actually typing from Achara layout. I mean when compared to some other states.

Many local governments in Enugu are viable for one reason or the other. The most remote place you can think of may have either a government or private university or polytechnic or any government institution situated right there with good access roads hence living in the suburbs and rural places isn't such a bad idea since transportation is not expensive.

Enugu is a very big place. It's been a while I visited abakpa and emene but I know the present government hasn't done much on roads and infrastructure unlike the immediate past government.
look at my original post. All my remarks were directed at neighbourhoods in enugu urban. From your comments above, you agree that my original statements are true. So no dispute here. grin
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by Henri8: 7:11am On Apr 16, 2019
Sanchez01:

Is this supposed to be a question? So you would, in your church mind, refer to outskirts such as Igbo Eze, Udi, and Awgu as cities
I only asked for your definition of a city.
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by Sanchez01: 7:16am On Apr 16, 2019
Henri8:

I only asked for your definition of a city.
Because you are what again?
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by onward4life(m): 8:55am On Apr 16, 2019
CotenantNIG:
Hi
Co-Tenant here

Co-Tenant here we are in the part 3 of our series on cost of renting properties around Nigeria

You can read others here
https://cotenant.com.ng/blog/

Enugu state is a southeastern state in Nigeria with its capital city as Enugu. It was formed in 1991 from Anambra State. Less formally, it is also known as the Wawa state, because the people in this area respond with €˜wa (used as an emphasising ‘no’) rather than mba€™ used in other parts of Igboland. It is also popularly known as 042.

Enugu is bound by Kogi and Benue to the north, Ebonyi to the east, Abia and Imo to the south and Anambra to the west, covering an area of around 8,730 km2

Enugu state has a population of about 3 million and home to the Igbo speaking people, widely noted for their industry, entrepreneurship, resourcefulness, travelling and most importantly hospitality (it is custom to greet people very warmly first, asking about their family and health, before starting any business).

The average price of flats for rent in Enugu is ₦550,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦3,500,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦100,000 per year. Rent in enugu tends to be cheap unlike lagos, rivers and Abuja.

The major cities in this state are Enugu, Awgu, Agbani, Udi, Oji-River and Nsukka.
Abakpa Nike|Achara Layout|Asata|Coal Camp|Emene|Gariki|GRA|Independence Layout|New Haven|Obiagu|Ogui Road|Thinkers Corner|Trans Ekulu|Uwani

Enugu
The average price of flats for rent in Enugu is ₦550,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦800,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦100,000 per year.

Igboeze North Enugu
The average price of flats for rent in Igboeze North Enugu is ₦400,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦800,000 per year at LIBERTY ESTATE IGBOEZE NORTH ENUGU while the cheapest cost ₦70,000 per year.

Independence layout Enugu
The average price of flats for rent in independence layout Enugu is ₦450,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦900,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦120,000 per year.

Alulu Nike
The average price of flats for rent in Alulu Nike Enugu is ₦270,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦600,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦80,000 per year.

Thinkers Corner
A room and parlor goes for ₦270,000 that's the cheapest , the average cost of rent at thinkers estate is ₦350,000 per year while the most expensive goes for ₦700,000

Edem Junction
The average price of flats for rent in Edem Junction Enugu is ₦150,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦250,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦50,000 per year.

Premier Layout
The average price of flats for rent in Premier Layout Enugu is ₦100,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦600,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦80,000 per year.

New heaven
The average price of flats for rent in New heaven Enugu is ₦200,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦1,000,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦150,000 per year.

trans ekulu close
The average price of flats for rent in trans ekulu close Enugu is ₦400,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦900,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦200,000 per year.

Nsukka
The average price of flats for rent in Nsukka Enugu is ₦400,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦500,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦90,000 per year.

Agwu
The average price of flats for rent in Agwu Enugu is ₦150,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦300,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦70,000 per year.

Coal Camp
The average price of flats for rent in Coal Camp is ₦300,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦800,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦120,000 per year.

Oguli
The average price of flats for rent in Oguli is ₦300,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦700,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦160,000 per year.

Akuke
The average price of flats for rent in Akuke is ₦200,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦900,000 per year for a bungalow while the cheapest cost ₦120,000 per year.

Add yours
Need room mates to share rent and bills with
https://cotenant.com.ng/rent-a-spare-bedroom-in-a-house-or-flatshare/

Lemme have ur Number...

Like nah now
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by Shugah(f): 9:15am On Apr 16, 2019
Please, the average cost of a three bedroom flat in Nsukka is #250,000 not #400,000 and you can get a two bedroom for #200,000 in most places within Nsukka. By the way, Nsukka, Awgu and some other places you mentioned are not cities but LG Areas in Enugu. I can't see Abakpa ntike, New layout, Achara layout, Obiagu, Asata, Mponkiti, University road, Uwani, Gariki,Policlinic and Co..... They are among the major places in Enugu not what you wrote above and you mentioned town & LG areas and you didn't mention cost of flats in Agbani that has like three or more institutes there. This your list is not 100% accurate please. undecided
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by franklingud(m): 9:29am On Apr 16, 2019
Sethzenon:

Do you guys pay rent monthly in Enugu?
Per month by 12 months na!!
Calculate
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by Shugah(f): 9:31am On Apr 16, 2019
alabajay:
dnt mind them... i served there... 1room with kitchen n bathroom is 200k

Yeah... You're right. A one room apartment can go for 100k sef at University road because nah students dey rents am pass but houses are cheaper at emene and Obiagu, some part of maryland... Even policlinic.
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by Shugah(f): 9:34am On Apr 16, 2019
GGirll:

No Maryland too....he said we should add ours lol

Add yours nah.. cheesy
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by OALandAgents: 10:14am On Apr 16, 2019
hi
CotenantNIG:
Hi
Co-Tenant here

Co-Tenant here we are in the part 3 of our series on cost of renting properties around Nigeria

You can read others here
https://cotenant.com.ng/blog/

Enugu state is a southeastern state in Nigeria with its capital city as Enugu. It was formed in 1991 from Anambra State. Less formally, it is also known as the Wawa state, because the people in this area respond with €˜wa (used as an emphasising ‘no’) rather than mba€™ used in other parts of Igboland. It is also popularly known as 042.

Enugu is bound by Kogi and Benue to the north, Ebonyi to the east, Abia and Imo to the south and Anambra to the west, covering an area of around 8,730 km2

Enugu state has a population of about 3 million and home to the Igbo speaking people, widely noted for their industry, entrepreneurship, resourcefulness, travelling and most importantly hospitality (it is custom to greet people very warmly first, asking about their family and health, before starting any business).

The average price of flats for rent in Enugu is ₦550,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦3,500,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦100,000 per year. Rent in enugu tends to be cheap unlike lagos, rivers and Abuja.

The major cities in this state are Enugu, Awgu, Agbani, Udi, Oji-River and Nsukka.
Abakpa Nike|Achara Layout|Asata|Coal Camp|Emene|Gariki|GRA|Independence Layout|New Haven|Obiagu|Ogui Road|Thinkers Corner|Trans Ekulu|Uwani

Enugu
The average price of flats for rent in Enugu is ₦550,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦800,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦100,000 per year.

Igboeze North Enugu
The average price of flats for rent in Igboeze North Enugu is ₦400,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦800,000 per year at LIBERTY ESTATE IGBOEZE NORTH ENUGU while the cheapest cost ₦70,000 per year.

Independence layout Enugu
The average price of flats for rent in independence layout Enugu is ₦450,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦900,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦120,000 per year.

Alulu Nike
The average price of flats for rent in Alulu Nike Enugu is ₦270,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦600,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦80,000 per year.

Thinkers Corner
A room and parlor goes for ₦270,000 that's the cheapest , the average cost of rent at thinkers estate is ₦350,000 per year while the most expensive goes for ₦700,000

Edem Junction
The average price of flats for rent in Edem Junction Enugu is ₦150,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦250,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦50,000 per year.

Premier Layout
The average price of flats for rent in Premier Layout Enugu is ₦100,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦600,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦80,000 per year.

New heaven
The average price of flats for rent in New heaven Enugu is ₦200,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦1,000,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦150,000 per year.

trans ekulu close
The average price of flats for rent in trans ekulu close Enugu is ₦400,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦900,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦200,000 per year.

Nsukka
The average price of flats for rent in Nsukka Enugu is ₦400,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦500,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦90,000 per year.

Agwu
The average price of flats for rent in Agwu Enugu is ₦150,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦300,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦70,000 per year.

Coal Camp
The average price of flats for rent in Coal Camp is ₦300,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦800,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦120,000 per year.

Oguli
The average price of flats for rent in Oguli is ₦300,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦700,000 per year while the cheapest cost ₦160,000 per year.

Akuke
The average price of flats for rent in Akuke is ₦200,000 per year. The most expensive flat costs ₦900,000 per year for a bungalow while the cheapest cost ₦120,000 per year.

Add yours
Need room mates to share rent and bills with
https://cotenant.com.ng/rent-a-spare-bedroom-in-a-house-or-flatshare/

Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by CotenantNIG: 10:26am On Apr 16, 2019
onward4life:

Lemme have ur Number...

Like nah now

081-75-84-6763
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by maestroferdi: 10:33am On Apr 16, 2019
franklingud:

Abia is between Enugu and imo
If you leave Enugu from the south going to Imo, you will pass Abia first.
You are missing it...

There is no land border between Imo and Enugu states...
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by Kfed4ril(m): 11:32am On Apr 16, 2019
Tehila07:

Please what's the likely cost of transport from Ibadan to Enugu?

Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by Kfed4ril(m): 11:35am On Apr 16, 2019
santopelele:
While here in abuja, 1bedroom flat goes for 650-800k, depending on where u resides while ordinary selfcon goes between 200-300k

Selfcon for 300k for Abuja it’s either an old house wey do dey anyhow or not inside town. In garki correct Selfcon goes for 500, 550 600k.
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 16, 2019
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

Early in the morning. Journey devoid of traffic jam,You will be there latest 7

Thanks
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by LeoFish92(m): 1:13pm On Apr 16, 2019
franklingud:

I paid 160k that's 60k for lawyer and agent when moving in.
Then 100k yearly

No vacancy bro

OK, anytime there's vacancy, forget not to quote me
Re: Cost Of Rent Around Enugu (042) |co-tenant by Henri8: 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2019
Sanchez01:

Because you are what again?
Henri8

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? / Onye Eze: A Man We Helped Rented Out Our Property - Man Writes / How Can I Avoid Being Scammed, I'm About To Buy A House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.