Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,895 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) (33509 Views)

Black Snake Attacks Laborer, Spits Venom Into His Eyes (Photos) / I Was Making Call In Front Of This Black Snake / A Long, Black Snake Killed By A Nairalander's Father After It Killed Their Fowl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) by sulasa07(m): 7:12am On Apr 17, 2019
delugajackson:
Just two drops of potent Black mamba poison can kill a person.

Black mambas have a neuro-toxic venom which shuts down the nervous system and paralyzes victims. They can become highly aggeressive if threatened. You are very lucky to have succeeded in killing it.
Why is it that everything about snakes is shutting down the nervous system?
Re: Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) by sulasa07(m): 7:13am On Apr 17, 2019
donbachi:
First steam am with cameroon pepper and dried scent leaf,allow d water dry finish...then u come add water again with fresh pepper and fresh scent leaf..no use knorr seasoning,use maggi cube so dat d taste go come out well with dangote salt...if u like,u fit add shombo.
Which one is Cameroon pepper again?
Re: Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) by sulasa07(m): 7:14am On Apr 17, 2019
Fathertony:
you'll see something then deliberately choose to call it a wrong name.
Thats a Python!!
Which school did you even go to
Python ko,Viper ni!

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) by Sanchez01: 7:30am On Apr 17, 2019
sod09:
This is black mamba

Modified
All these olodos quoting me saying trash ,check the stomach lining of cobra and mamba then come back.
One even ask me it's cos of the colour I said it's black mamba
1st cobra
2nd black mamba
We don't black Mambas in Nigeria.
Re: Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) by donbachi(m): 7:45am On Apr 17, 2019
sulasa07:
Which one is Cameroon pepper again?
black pepper
Re: Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) by orbgoblin: 8:16am On Apr 17, 2019
very accurate comment here. they do not exist in west Africa. most times I'm always grateful that they do not belong in these parts because that is one snake you don't want to mess with. and they are known to be the only snake that chase people in an attempt to deliver their infamous multiple strikes.
BeeBeeOoh:
Not only that, if this snake happens to be a mamba then Op would have been a dead person now(God forbid) because mamba is very fast in such a way that it can strike twice or thrice within a second.

Very dangerous snake, besides, we don't have mamba's in this part of Africa. Mamba's are mostly found in South Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) by Investmentfreak: 8:20am On Apr 17, 2019
engrelvis:
black mamba is of d most deadliest snake alive.u were damn lucky bro!
God is great
Re: Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 17, 2019
See upper cut finishing
Investmentfreak:

Lol,
I’m not good playing with words and also a poor creative writer..
But English language is never a tool to be used in killing such a venomous serpent.
God be praised. grin
Re: Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) by czar2k16(m): 9:22am On Apr 17, 2019
Investmentfreak:

Thanks brother How poisonous is it?? So people will learn
Its one of the most venomous snake in the world!!! Probably among the top 5 in world ranking
Re: Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) by truthlegend(m): 9:56am On Apr 17, 2019
sod09:
This is black mamba

Modified
All these olodos quoting me saying trash ,check the stomach lining of cobra and mamba then come back.
One even ask me it's cos of the colour I said it's black mamba
1st cobra
2nd black mamba
oga there is no black mamba in Nigeria except the poster isn't from Nigeria.
Re: Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) by truthlegend(m): 9:57am On Apr 17, 2019
delugajackson:

Black mambas have a neuro-toxic venom which shuts down the nervous system and paralyzes victims. They can become highly aggeressive if threatened. You are very lucky to have succeeded in killing it.
this is not a black mamba,it could be another member of the mamba family but not black mamba, there is no black mamba in Nigeria.
Re: Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) by shogsman(m): 10:11am On Apr 17, 2019
1000angstroms:

This is misleading, no snake is poisonous first because if they are people won't eat them, it is either they are venomous or constrictors. Now the black mamba ain't the most venomous snake in the world, it is famous for it's aggressive and confrontational nature, other snakes like the cobras will shy away but the mamba won't back down when confronted therefore it's numerous accolades. Another thing is that, it's kill rate is 99.9% when it strikes when untreated within an hour because it seems to deliver a greater volume of venom in it's victim, some snakes like the west African viper can bite just to scare you away without actually delivering any venom, it's called a dry bite but a black mamba must deliver some in you, you can use Google as I've tried.

Okay,got the information firsthand from natgeo wild though, but then we learn everyday.
Re: Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) by klinting(m): 10:55am On Apr 17, 2019
delugajackson:

You watch snakes in the city alot
Re: Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:01am On Apr 17, 2019
orbgoblin:
very accurate comment here. they do not exist in west Africa. most times I'm always grateful that they do not belong in these parts because that is one snake you don't want to mess with. and they are known to be the only snake that chase people in an attempt to deliver their infamous multiple strikes.
I learnt that it could stand upright also and can even run faster than human being

1 Like

Re: Nairalander Kills A Long Black Snake (Photos) by BrokenCock: 6:40pm On Apr 17, 2019
Investmentfreak:

Blessings brother
correct

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Strayed Cow Unleashed In Ketu This Morning (photos) / Having These 5 People As Friends Would Keep You Unsuccessful / Mention One Mistake You Made That Cost You Alot In Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.