Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,825 members, 7,806,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy (36045 Views)

Nigerian Sues UK For Denying Him Entry After Landing At Manchester Airport / Canada Denying Nigerians Visas Unfairly, Says Envoy / Reps Ban Airlines From Canada, UK For Denying Nigeria Landing Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by sarrki(m): 12:40am On Apr 16, 2019
65 3'

FEATURED
We’re not happy denying Nigerians visa —US embassy
Published

April 15, 2019
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

The United States Embassy in Nigeria says contrary to popular beliefs, its visa officers are not always happy denying the visa applications of Nigerians.

The embassy subsequently asked Nigerians to tune into a live Facebook talk at 2 pm on Wednesday.

A Facebook post read in part, “Contrary to popular opinion, visa officers do not enjoy handing anyone the 214b refusal letter.

“Proof: Visa Officers will be live on Facebook to talk about some of the commonly misunderstood questions on the DS 160 and help you improve your next application.”

However, over 200 Nigerians disagreed in the comment section of the embassy’s Facebook page.

READ ALSO: Obey the court, release electoral materials, PDP tells INEC

Adaobi Emmanuella Njoku wrote, “Contrary to what you just posted, I think and believe they actually do enjoy it because they act like they know it all and still end up giving visas to people without genuine intentions.

“I can’t wait for Wednesday to come because I have already prepared my questions. They will explain to me how it is possible to deny a person visa three times with three different reasons at different times when the form was filled exactly the same and for the same purpose: for a medical trip to help save one’s child. I can’t wait for Wednesday.”

Menuba Esther Amaka also wrote, “Why is the application fee non-refundable? That’s what is bordering me.”

Another Facebook user, Akufai Valentine Jonah, recalled how he was denied a visa despite obtaining a scholarship in 2013.

He also expressed disapproval with the way the consular officer spoke to him.

More in Home

Latest Spanish La Liga table (WK 32)

La Liga: Madrid disappoint again in dreary draw with Leganes

Latest English Premier League table (Wk 34)

Exploitative Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps member risks five-year jail

EPL: Arsenal edge past 10-man Watford, move into top four
Jonah wrote, “I had a terrible experience in 2013. I got a scholarship to attend a conference in Denver but was denied a visa. I was not angry because I was denied a visa. I was angry with the manner of the disrespect from the consular officer.

“Imagine giving one that refusal letter and you are told ‘off you go’ without any tangible explanation, after reading the letter, it states that I don’t have strong ties to my country either through being married, neither do I have a job and back then I used to work with an NGO and it was clearly stated in my application. I have forgotten the third excuse.

“I just laughed and left, I know people who are single then and are still single today that have got US visas. I know people who have no job but have got a US visa, I know people who had zero travel records but were granted US visa. Since that episode, I have never ever applied for a US visa because I don’t have any business there for now.”

The PUNCH had reported last year how the US denies hundreds of Nigerians visas on a daily basis and how the embassy generates N57m from Nigerians.

https://punchng.com/were-not-happy-denying-nigerians-visa-us-embassy/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Kingpee2(m): 12:46am On Apr 16, 2019
Naija our country .
Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by BuhariAdvocate: 12:53am On Apr 16, 2019
I don't know why people rushing go America, after all Nigeria is better than America.you see one there asked why they don't return Visa application form fee.you think they care.
Beware don't go to their Facebook they just want to throw some sweet words so people will forget the past and apply for Visa they will still denying you .its another Avenue to scam Nigerians.

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by scribble: 1:12am On Apr 16, 2019
I know a case of someone entitled to a green card but didnt get notification from state depts national visa center

they allowed this lady to go to America for 2 years and spend thousands of dollars applying, then told her she did not apply on time and so the green card was revoked

when she protested that she was never notified when the visa number came up despite her nigerian address being on the application form

they told her to go and apply again so they can make more visa fees but she will need to wait another 20 years

they are racist for the most part and heartless in how they handle visa applications

better we focus on forcing the idiots in abuja and other leaders in Nigeria to develop our nation, than all rushing out to America, because they know how to exploit and frustrate very well. just that u will enjoy good roads and good electricity. thats all.

131 Likes 10 Shares

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by scribble: 1:13am On Apr 16, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
I don't know why people rushing go America, after all Nigeria is better than America.you see one there asked why they don't return Visa application form fee.you think they care. Beware don't go to their Facebook they just want to throw some sweet words so people will forget the past and apply for Visa they will still denying you .its another Avenue to scam Nigerians.

they can never return your fee. they make billions of dollars in application fees worldwide

57m is likely what they make daily on applicstion fees

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by SarkinYarki: 1:14am On Apr 16, 2019
What manu don't know that Visa application is a huge source of revenue for the American govt , they already have quota for every year they know they want to come into their country and how much they intend to make from them from Visa fees , airline tickets , taxi fees , hotels and accommodation so VISA approvals are almost done randomly contrary to belief that they use your info to make that information.

18 Likes

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by scribble: 1:16am On Apr 16, 2019
SarkinYarki:
What manu don't know that Visa application is a huge source of revenue for the American govt , they already have quota for every year they know they want to come into their country and how much they intend to make from them from Visa fees , airline tickets , taxi fees , hotels and accommodation so VISA approvals are almost done randomly contrary to belief that they use your info to make that information.

also very true. thats why its crucial to book your appointment early in the month

12 Likes

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by SarkinYarki: 1:17am On Apr 16, 2019
scribble:

also very true. thats why its crucial to book your appointment early in the month

exactly before theybmeetvthe quota for that month

5 Likes

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by ovieigho(m): 1:23am On Apr 16, 2019
USA wan renew ‘magaship’ in Nigeria
They know Nigerians are wise now and avoiding their embassy hence the loss in their profits
Now they need to renew and capture more magas .
N.b what’s there in refunding at least half of visa fee if visa is not granted

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by GavelSlam: 2:07am On Apr 16, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Your info is significant in the granting of a visa.

To suggest otherwise would be to believe that any Thompson, Dickson or Harrison would be granted a visa regardless of how shambolic his application is.

Not denying they may have a quota.

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by mumumugu(m): 2:13am On Apr 16, 2019
law of demand and supply when demand is much supply do shakara

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by AKswift: 5:12am On Apr 16, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
I don't know why people rushing go America, after all Nigeria is better than America.you see one there asked why they don't return Visa application form fee.you think they care. Beware don't go to their Facebook they just want to throw some sweet words so people will forget the past and apply for Visa they will still denying you .its another Avenue to scam Nigerians.
Lol...Nigeria is better than America ��

14 Likes

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by jeroncomputers(m): 5:36am On Apr 16, 2019
The federal government should do something about this
Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by soberdrunk(m): 5:36am On Apr 16, 2019
It's not their fault, my people say "it is the rain that fell that put the pigeon and the chicken in the same room" angry

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Ishilove: 5:37am On Apr 16, 2019
Lie-ists.

If the useless, hopeless and accursed bastards and bastresses at the helm of affairs developed the country, there wouldn't be any need for Nigerians to endure the indignity of baseless refusals.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Rutley(m): 5:37am On Apr 16, 2019
Na lie joooor? Which you no happy? I remember the day I left Lagos jejely go Abuja to do my interview because I heard that Abuja does give visa pass Lagos. If you see the kind papers wey I carry go ehn!!! Dem still deny me oooo. Chai I don suffer no be small����

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Bridget95(f): 5:40am On Apr 16, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Nigeria is better than America in you and Buhari's head abi?

11 Likes

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by kaen1317: 5:41am On Apr 16, 2019
If the US is generous in granting visas especially in this buhari era then this country will soon be empty with all its citizens relocating to America.

35 Likes

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Kreamie(m): 5:43am On Apr 16, 2019
All they’re trying to say..

Stay back and Fix your country!!

Action they say speaks louder than voice.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by NaijaFutbol: 5:44am On Apr 16, 2019
Hehehe

Somebody apply 3 times for the same reason and they denied her 3 times using different reasons? Ah Ah! Them use USA swear for the person?

Anyway: Next Level Noni

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by MobilityExpress: 5:49am On Apr 16, 2019
Sakamanje grin

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by MobilityExpress: 5:49am On Apr 16, 2019
Kreamie:
All they’re trying to say..

Stay back and Fix your country!!

Action they say speaks louder than voice.

They're just saying this to encourage people to keep applying so that their revenue from Nigeria visa applications doesn't reduce drastically. American embassy is making serious money from Nigerians grin

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by xaggar(m): 5:49am On Apr 16, 2019
The U.S is all about good roads, stable electricity and nice accommodation occupied by those who don't need you. Except u got something (cash or intellect) to offer.

Daz all!

It ain't heaven...so why da rush?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by alphaNomega: 5:50am On Apr 16, 2019
They are very happy denying Nigerians (and citizens of other shíthole countries) VISA!

Say it with your chest America angry

3 Likes

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Alexis11: 5:51am On Apr 16, 2019
Lol.... They want us to keep applying and continue to use our money to develop their land. cool

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by themosthigh: 5:54am On Apr 16, 2019
Lol

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by themosthigh: 5:56am On Apr 16, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

Wetin you smoke? The United States is the greatest country there is, there ever was and there will ever be. Stop deceiving people and tricking them to stay in Nigeria. It is one of the worst countries there is. A country which has failed in all good things and is leading in almost all miserable things. It’s is a country lead by thieves and failure who richer every day while the smart ones suffer in poverty, penury and learned silence.
Despite my education, I a hopeless failure and had lost hope before I moved to the United States.
Now I am more fufiled than ever. In 5 years, I have gotten married, bought a house, have 2 kids and drive the latest Toyota’s and Fords. I am very satisfied with my life and I can get any Nigerian Food or fun I like here in Atlanta.
No youth should remain in Nigeria. Even buharis daughter and her husband live in Florida and all our politicians children are here pursing their passports.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by seunoni34(m): 6:06am On Apr 16, 2019
Sakamanje

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Nobody: 6:06am On Apr 16, 2019
I still don't understand why the embassy needs to apologize for their policies. Almost all Nigeria's poliies towards United citizens are hostile. Pot calling kettle black.

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by israelmao(m): 6:07am On Apr 16, 2019
h
Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by teadrake(m): 6:07am On Apr 16, 2019
You are not happy denying them Visa but you're indeed happy collecting their money.
When will our leaders have sense now?? What a country!!!

4 Likes

Re: We’re Not Happy Denying Nigerians Visa —US Embassy by Nobody: 6:08am On Apr 16, 2019
Open punch Newspapers branch as u Sabi cut ur story short with Punch link below. Copy and pasted wizard�.. OP Itibolibo.

sarrki:

65 3'

FEATURED
We’re not happy denying Nigerians visa —US embassy
Published

April 15, 2019
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

The United States Embassy in Nigeria says contrary to popular beliefs, its visa officers are not always happy denying the visa applications of Nigerians.

The embassy subsequently asked Nigerians to tune into a live Facebook talk at 2 pm on Wednesday.

A Facebook post read in part, “Contrary to popular opinion, visa officers do not enjoy handing anyone the 214b refusal letter.

“Proof: Visa Officers will be live on Facebook to talk about some of the commonly misunderstood questions on the DS 160 and help you improve your next application.”

However, over 200 Nigerians disagreed in the comment section of the embassy’s Facebook page.

READ ALSO: Obey the court, release electoral materials, PDP tells INEC

Adaobi Emmanuella Njoku wrote, “Contrary to what you just posted, I think and believe they actually do enjoy it because they act like they know it all and still end up giving visas to people without genuine intentions.

“I can’t wait for Wednesday to come because I have already prepared my questions. They will explain to me how it is possible to deny a person visa three times with three different reasons at different times when the form was filled exactly the same and for the same purpose: for a medical trip to help save one’s child. I can’t wait for Wednesday.”

Menuba Esther Amaka also wrote, “Why is the application fee non-refundable? That’s what is bordering me.”

Another Facebook user, Akufai Valentine Jonah, recalled how he was denied a visa despite obtaining a scholarship in 2013.

He also expressed disapproval with the way the consular officer spoke to him.

More in Home

Latest Spanish La Liga table (WK 32)

La Liga: Madrid disappoint again in dreary draw with Leganes

Latest English Premier League table (Wk 34)

Exploitative Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps member risks five-year jail

EPL: Arsenal edge past 10-man Watford, move into top four
Jonah wrote, “I had a terrible experience in 2013. I got a scholarship to attend a conference in Denver but was denied a visa. I was not angry because I was denied a visa. I was angry with the manner of the disrespect from the consular officer.

“Imagine giving one that refusal letter and you are told ‘off you go’ without any tangible explanation, after reading the letter, it states that I don’t have strong ties to my country either through being married, neither do I have a job and back then I used to work with an NGO and it was clearly stated in my application. I have forgotten the third excuse.

“I just laughed and left, I know people who are single then and are still single today that have got US visas. I know people who have no job but have got a US visa, I know people who had zero travel records but were granted US visa. Since that episode, I have never ever applied for a US visa because I don’t have any business there for now.”

The PUNCH had reported last year how the US denies hundreds of Nigerians visas on a daily basis and how the embassy generates N57m from Nigerians.

https://punchng.com/were-not-happy-denying-nigerians-visa-us-embassy/

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Derailed Train At Iju Station Today (photo) / New Lagos BRT Buses Begin Operations At The New Oshodi Bus Terminus - Photos / Second Niger Bridge Now 95% Complete, To Be Opened December 2022 (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.