Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire (22640 Views)

Do These Statues At The Notre Dame Cathedral Show That It's a Satanic Building? / France’s Iconic Notre-dame Cathedral Fire Fully Extinguished / Fire Breaks Out At Notre-dame Cathedral In Paris (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by oduademon: 8:14am On Apr 16, 2019
zlantanfan:
Nice,

Notre dame cathedral isn't just a Christian edifice but an architecture monument that encompasses the history, culture, art, and resilence of france

But i do imagine how many non christian structures in the other religions that can boast of been global monument that is for everyone

Just copying and pasting BS. It's more than France. The design was from the rennaissance era. Architecture monument? Yes because of the design and how they were able to light up the edifice, and make it look bigger than it really was. Ultimately, it was a technological advancement at the height of Pax Romana. Edifice like that, with modifications, can be seen in other parts of Europe and the Americas.

I wonder what we were doing then in Yorubaland.
Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by zlantanfan: 8:14am On Apr 16, 2019
McTobe:
Your last paragraph refers, I don’t mean any disrespect but was that necessary.
yes it was, I think some others are indebted to this world with the mess they have helped create.

The more we cover it and pay lip service to it the worst it get

1 Like

Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by NwaIgboBoy(m): 8:19am On Apr 16, 2019
and Dangote will be like if i donate 1naira make i die .....

1 Like

Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 16, 2019
Tobicrystal:
for tax cuts and some massive economic benefits....

Post proof of this.
Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 16, 2019
martineverest:
but the originality is gone.... that building was historic

True, the originality is gone, but the history has just been extended. That fire will now be part of the history... and the man who donated money for rebuilding it will remain part of the history of that edifice forever. If you use to read Wikipedia, you'd understand what I mean.
Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by fkj950ax(m): 8:29am On Apr 16, 2019
propane:
Nice gesture. God will bless him. I hope all these new generation churches is hearing this ? 850 years not 85 years. Catholic Church is not their mate.
They should always learn to mind their business and not talk about a church that is older than their ancestors. Before you know somebody will start quoting bible without knowing that catholic Church is bible itself..

Proudly Catholic

Obviously you haven't attended Mass is a long time

2 Likes

Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by cyrilamx(m): 8:29am On Apr 16, 2019
shogsman:
N36billiion donated by a single person, that's a shitload of selflessness,but then again they Cherish their history more than anything.
That cash of €100m is even way short of what is needed to restore the church. The president has even started a fund raising campaign for it...it will get past half a billion Euros...
Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by shogsman(m): 8:32am On Apr 16, 2019
cyrilamx:
That cash of €100m is even way short of what is needed to restore the church. The president has even started a fund raising campaign for it...it will get past half a billion Euros...

Dang even thought it was in dollars
Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by cyrilamx(m): 8:34am On Apr 16, 2019
shogsman:

Dang even thought it was in dollars
You know the catholic church invest so much in priceless buildings and arts....

1 Like

Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by AlphaStyles(m): 8:35am On Apr 16, 2019
Money is talking
Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by fippycbk(m): 8:35am On Apr 16, 2019
We studied this building as students of architecture. One of the greatest examples of French gothic architecture.

1 Like

Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 16, 2019
zlantanfan:
I didn't mention Islam here

By the way Islam needs to start doing more, at least if it has no useful impact on the world it should end its terrorism doctrine global export which is costing nations billions

You mean the terrorism exported by Christians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by Switruth: 8:37am On Apr 16, 2019
People wey get money no dey make noise. Take a look at the figures again. God blesses you when you give and give without conditions. That’s the real tithe. Think!!!! What are you doing with what you have today to be remembered tomorrow?
Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by RichBoy247: 8:38am On Apr 16, 2019
zlantanfan:
Nice,

Notre dame cathedral isn't just a Christian edifice but an architecture monument that encompasses the history, culture, art, and resilence of france

But i do imagine how many non christian structures in the other religions that can boast of been global monument that is for everyone

Is there anyone born in the last 1500 years that does not know about the Holy Kaaba?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by girl4rmspace(f): 8:42am On Apr 16, 2019
Grupo:
See as one man just comot €100 million like say na ₦100k him comot. Chai.

You should have said 100 naira as that's more accessible to the vast majority

70% of Nigerians don't even have that 100k in their account right now

3 Likes

Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by Lanniox(m): 8:48am On Apr 16, 2019
Princeofnigeria:
God bless Christianity.

I believe Islamic terrorist are behind the fire but our God pass the god of Moon and star
You are very stupid..
don't jump to conclusion that islam terrorist were behind, it could have been a gas explosion, or a candle that fell over
Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by ifyboy60(m): 9:13am On Apr 16, 2019
Oya, daddy freeze come and criticize

1 Like

Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by Yusuf4: 9:24am On Apr 16, 2019
If it was a mosque in Nigeria now, the Federal Government will use its resources to build it

1 Like

Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by mywells: 9:29am On Apr 16, 2019
oduademon:

Just copying and pasting BS. It's more than France. The design was from the rennaissance era. Architecture monument? Yes because of the design and how they were able to light up the edifice, and make it look bigger than it really was. Ultimately, it was a technological advancement at the height of Pax Romana. Edifice like that, with modifications, can be seen in other parts of Europe and the Americas.

I wonder what we were doing then in Yorubaland.
hmmmmm
Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by vincixpresso: 11:45am On Apr 16, 2019
zicoraads:
So na this old man dey fúck this fine Hollywood crush of mine. shocked shocked

This life!

No be only you dey crush on Salma Hayek. I adore that woman. If the man die sef, I fit marry am

1 Like

Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by banio: 11:53am On Apr 16, 2019
All fingers are not equal. 100 million euros. How I wish ....
Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by Righteousness89(m): 12:04pm On Apr 16, 2019
propane:
Nice gesture. God will bless him. I hope all these new generation churches is hearing this ? 850 years not 85 years. Catholic Church is not their mate.
They should always learn to mind their business and not talk about a church that is older than their ancestors. Before you know somebody will start quoting bible without knowing that catholic Church is bible itself..

Proudly Catholic

So what's the Message in your message?
I Just Pray The Destruction of this Edifice in France will Bring people to GOD...

Those who are wise will take heed!

1 Like

Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by maasoap(m): 12:21pm On Apr 16, 2019
zlantanfan:
Nice,

Is this really necessary? Just Google "how many people visit kabah every year"?
Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by maasoap(m): 12:24pm On Apr 16, 2019
zlantanfan:
I didn't mention Islam here

By the way Islam needs to start doing more, at least if it has no useful impact on the world it should end its terrorism doctrine global export which is costing nations billions

You're a fanatic, I hope you know that. May your parents are over religious people and it has really messed you up growing up with them
Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by Mj45: 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
Did you not see the word "married" there? You are belittling a person's marriage with the childish word "Bleep" ! Haba NASA, grow up.

zicoraads:
So na this old man dey fúck this fine Hollywood crush of mine. shocked shocked

This life!
Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by zlantanfan: 1:42pm On Apr 16, 2019
maasoap:

You're a fanatic, I hope you know that. May your parents are over religious people and it has really messed you up growing up with them
Fanatic?
No
Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by Nobody: 2:10pm On Apr 16, 2019
See money shocked

Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by Abeycity93: 2:21pm On Apr 16, 2019
Princeofnigeria:
God bless Christianity.

I believe Islamic terrorist are behind the fire but our God pass the god of Moon and star
If don't know Christians worship Sun god(Jesus).
Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by ITbomb(m): 2:23pm On Apr 16, 2019
McTobe:
i doubt if we have any major antics dating back to 300 years minus some of those pieces of Art from Ife, Benin and Nri.
Ok, let's say at least 100 years

We had Lugard Hall in Abak, Akwa Ibom State dating back 1889, later renamed Independence Hall in 1960, Akpabio demolish it and erected a "modern" Independence Hall.
The historical value, lost forever
Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by McTobe(m): 4:22pm On Apr 16, 2019
Pity...
ITbomb:

Ok, let's say at least 100 years

We had Lugard Hall in Abak, Akwa Ibom State dating back 1889, later renamed Independence Hall in 1960, Akpabio demolish it and erected a "modern" Independence Hall.
The historical value, lost forever
Re: French Billionaire Pledges 100million Euros For Rebuild Notre Dame After Fire by Ablechukwu(m): 4:25pm On Apr 16, 2019
WTF....40 billion naira.....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? / Photos From Helen Oritsejafor's Birthday Celebration / How To Love Your Enemies By Rev Martin Luther King Jr.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.