Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,795 members, 7,806,201 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption (19440 Views)

NJC Reinstates Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Judge Of Federal High Court / Justice Rita Ofili-ajumogobia Re-arraigned, Granted Bail / NJC Recommends Sack Of Justice Rita Ofili-ajumogobia & Justice James T. Agbadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by Deepthoughts: 6:59pm On Apr 16, 2019
GavelSlam:

You guys pretend too much.

Is it news to you that Onnoghen suspended indefinitely the sitting of the NJC ?
It baffles me when you guys claims onnoghen suspended the NJC indefinitely!,does it mean that the CJ n chair of NJC alone can decide to shut down the NJC indefinitely,is there no provision for something like a quorum or certain number of members signing to reconvene in urgent situations?, please educate me because I seriously doubt your claims.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by Deepthoughts: 7:03pm On Apr 16, 2019
olaolaking:
Oga there are things you don't know. The code of conduct has to come in in the case of onnoghen because his case is related. If onnoghen had killed someone, that has nothing to do with cct
No you are not correct,the court of appeal ruling been reference as a case law was clear that apart from offences committed outside there official capacity n functions,for whatever any other offence judicial officers must first be dealt with by the NJC before prosecution in the regular courts, you can only deny this out of mischief.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by olaolaking: 7:07pm On Apr 16, 2019
Deepthoughts:
No you are not correct,the court of appeal ruling been reference as a case law was clear that apart from offences committed outside there official capacity n functions,for whatever any other offence judicial officers must first be dealt with by the NJC before prosecution in the regular courts, you can only deny this out of mischief.
And cct is a regular court?
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by Deepthoughts: 7:14pm On Apr 16, 2019
olaolaking:
And cct is a regular court?
If it's not then what is it?,n why is her rulings appeal in other courts then or can't superior courts pass judgement that are binding on CCT?,you people should not just support a dangerous precedence out of sentiments,the table could turn over tommorow you know.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by Mitsurugi(m): 7:22pm On Apr 16, 2019
deomelo:

Conviction and Criminal are 2 different words with different meanings.

The person you quoted said criminal, not convicted.

You actually sound ignorant.

Wise guy, please explain first what he meant by "na waa for criminals ooo" in the same sentence as the ex judge. In your hurry to sound like Einstein you ended up sounding like Zuwo.

Go out and call anyone you suspect a criminal. Criminal is derogatory and you have to be convicted to be called one. Nigeria has made every riff raff believe you can refer to anyone as anything. You and your ilk don't understand the meaning of defamation if not you wouldn't spew the nonsense you just did. Please look up the legal meaning of the word and spare yourself this embarrassment on cyber space. If not look for the nearest suspected rogue in your area and call him a criminal. I swear if I had cause to interview you for a job, you'd be in janitorial. Wise man. grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by Xander85: 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2019
Deepthoughts:
So if there's a case law that prohibits the prosecution of judicial officers without first been dealt with by NJC,why was onnoghen arraigned at the CCT without recourse to the NJC first?,why didn't the NJC defended this provision in the onnoghen's case?,yet somebody will want me to believe that the onnoghen saga is not a premeditated affair.The hypocrisy deciet n bias of buhari/Apc is the reason why personally I can never support them.

They needed to get the ‘pesky’ Onnoghen out of the way ASAP, so a favourable CJN could constitute the elections petition panel! They were planning ahead knowing fully well that after all the wuruwuru they got up to before and during the elections....coupled with the fact that Buhari has no certificate, they couldn’t leave someone that wasn’t onside to remain as CJN!

Buhari is sleeping easy now knowing he’s got the judicial/tribunal angle sorted! wink

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by Truckpusher(m): 7:48pm On Apr 16, 2019
jaxxy:
The truth is for judges there is a thin line between bribes and appreciation and these two need to be clearly defined by the law and circumstances.
The conflict of interest for judges is well defined. You mentioned appreciation , appreciation for what ?
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by jaxxy(m): 7:49pm On Apr 16, 2019
Truckpusher:
The conflict of interest for judges is well defined. You mentioned appreciation , appreciation for what ?

Judges are also human beings like u and I with normal relationships and families also. They are not aliens
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by Truckpusher(m): 7:49pm On Apr 16, 2019
Xander85:

They needed to get the ‘pesky’ Onnoghen out of the way ASAP, so a favourable CJN could constitute the elections petition panel! They were planning ahead knowing fully well that after all the wuruwuru they got up to before and during the elections....coupled with the fact that Buhari has no certificate, they couldn’t leave someone that wasn’t onside to remain as CJN!

Buhari is sleeping easy now knowing he’s got the judicial/tribunal angle sorted! wink
Of course he will sleep easy but he has no integrity left. History will judge him harshly.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by Elliot2(m): 7:51pm On Apr 16, 2019
hisexcellency34:
very wicked judge
how I wish the chief justice of my state could be probed. I would love to write a petition against her. Most judges are the problem of Nigeria and need to be cleansed from the system.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by Truckpusher(m): 7:54pm On Apr 16, 2019
jaxxy:

Judges are also human beings like u and I with normal relationships also. They are not aliens
Of course they are humans. But your work ethics has a clear rule for the establishment of a case of conflict of interest which they all attested to . My brother no contesting this one. Accepting gifts from non family members can lead to subversion of justice. And if a family member that cant afford a house should gift you a house it will be considered as a conflict of interest.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by Elliot2(m): 7:55pm On Apr 16, 2019
Kayceenaz:
Before you rush to judge this judge, bear in mind that it could have been anyone. Perhaps, you would have done same for reasons you thought were apt under similar circumstances. Read and move on, let the law do its job.
most don't deserve pity. Nigeria is what it is because of the bad eggs in the judiciary. Only few uphold the law.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by jaxxy(m): 7:58pm On Apr 16, 2019
Truckpusher:
Of course they are humans. But your work ethics has a clear rule for the establishment of a case of conflict of interest which they all attested to . My brother no contesting this one. Accepting gifts from non family members can lead to subversion of justice. And if a family member that cant afford a house should gift you a house it will be considered as a conflict of interest.

My brother conflicted of interest doesn’t mean they shudnt deny themselves from relationships they have in the private and personal life. If there is any reason for such conflict of interest u must do well to clarify it and not making wild guesses and assumptions.

Judges are humans too.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by Truckpusher(m): 8:01pm On Apr 16, 2019
jaxxy:

My brother conflicted of interest doesn’t mean they shudnt deny themselves from relationships they have in the private and personal life. If there is any reason for such conflict of interest u must do well to clarify it and not making wild guesses and assumptions.

Judges are humans too.
What assumptions ?
I already told you they have a code of conduct that guides them and also gave you some basic insight.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by jaxxy(m): 8:06pm On Apr 16, 2019
Truckpusher:
What assumptions ?
I already told you they have a code of conduct that guides them and also gave you some basic insight.

What’s the code of conduct? They shud never collect gifts from anyone they know under any circumstances?
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by seunprodigy13: 11:48am On Apr 17, 2019
strangest:
First the case was struck out, meaning that she has no case to answer? Why the arrest?
Mr man....the case was struck out for lack of jurisdiction.... She wasn't discharged and acquitted
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by Basher8583: 11:18pm On Apr 17, 2019
Kayceenaz:

I never said the judge's actions be condoned but rather Nairalanders shouldn't condemn her while coming across as angels without any tendency to behave like her. Thus, attention be paid more to self-control and self-mastery.

Clearly, your hastiness in reprising convention and amassing likes herein blinded you from the said fact. It's judgmental people like you that would betray public trust for the "right" price and act sanctimoniously just to purport as a saint. Learn from the mistakes of others, never think--consciously or unconsciously--you're immune to repeating them. By thinking you won't, you could; by thinking you could, you most likely won't.

Guy like I said esrlier... if you have a prob thats you... so speak for urself. Do not speak for everyone
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by Mace0lane: 4:10am On Apr 18, 2019
Quit trying to sound intelligent when everyone can see you are exceedingly foolish.

Kayceenaz:

I never said the judge's actions be condoned but rather Nairalanders shouldn't condemn her while coming across as angels without any tendency to behave like her. Thus, attention be paid more to self-control and self-mastery.

Clearly, your hastiness in reprising convention and amassing likes herein blinded you from the said fact. It's judgmental people like you that would betray public trust for the "right" price and act sanctimoniously just to purport as a saint. Learn from the mistakes of others, never think--consciously or unconsciously--you're immune to repeating them. By thinking you won't, you could; by thinking you could, you most likely won't.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by Mace0lane: 4:17am On Apr 18, 2019
So how did Buhari win the 2011 election with election tribunals constituted by a chief judge appointed by Jonathan Ebele ?! As that alone not proved this is another foolish line of thought you ought to be ashamed of ?

Xander85:

Deepthoughts:
So if there's a case law that prohibits the prosecution of judicial officers without first been dealt with by NJC,why was onnoghen arraigned at the CCT without recourse to the NJC first?,why didn't the NJC defended this provision in the onnoghen's case?,yet somebody will want me to believe that the onnoghen saga is not a premeditated affair.The hypocrisy deciet n bias of buhari/Apc is the reason why personally I can never support them.
Truckpusher:
Of course he will sleep easy but he has no integrity left. History will judge him harshly.
So if Buhari as no integrity can you shameless lot point one PDP politician in the entire length n breath of Nigeria with 1/10 of Buhari’s integrity ?
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by Deepthoughts: 6:49am On Apr 18, 2019
Mace0lane:
So how did Buhari win the 2011 election with election tribunals constituted by a chief judge appointed by Jonathan Ebele ?! As that alone not proved this is another foolish line of thought you ought to be ashamed of ?

So if Buhari as no integrity can you shameless lot point one PDP politician in the entire length n breath of Nigeria with 1/10 of Buhari’s integrity ?
please kindly define integrity.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by Mace0lane: 7:23am On Apr 18, 2019
Right after I see your definition of it since you claim Buhari lacks it ? Do not forget to list PDP politicians who as 1/10th of whatever you defined compared to this Buhari you denigrate daily ?
Deepthoughts:
please kindly define integrity.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by Deepthoughts: 10:15am On Apr 18, 2019
Mace0lane:
Right after I see your definition of it since you claim Buhari lacks it ? Do not forget to list PDP politicians who as 1/10th of whatever you defined compared to this Buhari you denigrate daily ?
You can as well elevate buhari to your God n worship him ok.
Re: BREAKING: EFCC Arrests Justice Ofili-ajumogobia As Court Strikes Out Corruption by Kayceenaz(m): 10:27am On Apr 18, 2019
Mace0lane:
Quit trying to sound intelligent when everyone can see you are exceedingly foolish.

And you had to resort to insults to make your point? Who is the irrational, foolish one here?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Assembly Passes DNA And Forensic Centre Bill Into Law / Happy 54th Independence Day To All Nairalanders / Close Revenue Accounts With Banks – FG Orders Mdas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.