Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Assurance - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Assurance (558 Views)

Story Time: BITTER ASSURANCE / Assurance (poetic Version) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Assurance by mondaypemisire(m): 4:03pm On Apr 16, 2019
As i approached the house with so much excitement on my face,suddenly my girlfriend started playing "Assurance" by "Davido" for some weird reason i didn't like the song,even my male neighbours who heard the song looked at me and whispered amongest themselves "e don be for pemisire today,seyi want collect assurance they said. My heart began to beat faster,at that moment all i wanted to do was grab davido by the scruff of his neck and strangle him to death. I stood there thinking of what to do, i love seyi with my life but i didn't have the financial balance to proceed with the necessary things. All i had in my hand was bread and akara i had bought for both of us. So na so i go use loose seyi "i said to myself". After deliberating with myself and listening to seyi put the song on replay, i summoned courage and walked into the house with my heart beating faster than someone who's about to steal meat from her mother's pot. I didn't meet her in the sitting room so i assumed she is in the kitchen but she wasn't.TBC
Re: Assurance by mondaypemisire(m): 4:29pm On Apr 16, 2019
Continue
I entered my room and met seyi neatly arranging her stuffs into her bag and i just knew she is done for her. I mean she is put up with me for over five years and the highest money i have given to her is twenty thousand naira,we barely went out on dates except with friends and most times they did the spending. Seyi often talked about how much she would love a real date with me but it never happened,even to buy gifts for her was a huge problem NO that i'm not sting or hoarding money, it happened to be the 1st child and i pratically take care of my father and my five(5) brothers with little i have without even having a job. I thought seyi understood me but i guess she is had enough and i don't blame her, i mean who would not want assurance, "God punish davido" i managed to say under my breath,i mean who buy a car worth 45million naira for a girl he is not married to? This guy has spoilt market for people like us. Baby,this one you are packing your stuffs, i hope all is well?
T.B.C.
Re: Assurance by mondaypemisire(m): 4:44pm On Apr 16, 2019
Continue
I managed to say, she did not give me any answer and i started sweating profusely. Seyi respected me to a fault,infact she literally worshipped me but this her silence made my body quiver. I wanted to ask again but the look on her face wouldn't let me.
I handed the bread and akara to her but she refused,bread and akara was her favorite and for her to have refused it. I just knew that the "ASSURANCE" song had changed her taste bud. Even when i managed to taste the bread myself,it tasted like "yoyo bitter" in my mouth (meaning it taste sour in my mouth),nothing was sweet again.
Pemisire go to the sitting room,i will join you soon when i'm done packing. You and i, have some serious issues to talk about.
Re: Assurance by crownaayam17(m): 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2019
Weldone op
Re: Assurance by mondaypemisire(m): 9:59pm On Apr 16, 2019
Continue
You know when a woman says we have some issues to talk about,it does not end well. I immediately went on my knees and began to apologize to seyi for the many times i didn't buy her gifts or did certain things. I promised i was going to change. What suprised me the most was the fact that the look on her face was as stiff as ever and it scared me.
After she finished packing,she carried her bag to the sitting room and i sat there still listening to the "Assurance" that was on repeat,i dare not to change it,i dare not.
She entered the kitched and came back with a palatable dish and placed it before me. "I want you to eat it,while i talk" she said.
But babe,i didn't give you money to prepare anything.where did you get this from? I said.
T.B.C
Re: Assurance by mondaypemisire(m): 6:52am On Apr 17, 2019
Continue.....
Oga,let not go into you give me money.you barely give me anything,so why are you acting suprised. Just eat the food.
That was a subtle shade by seyi,one that entered my skull and gave me instant headache. Out of my foolish pride i told her i was not going to eat the food.
Just go ahead and tell me what you want to say,i managed to say that. Are you sure you don't want to eat first? It's yam and egg sauce on and there is a plenty fish inside.
As inviting as it sounds,i managed to keep my longthroat in one side and stood my grounds.
Okay,if you insist,i will just go ahead them.
For five years,you and i, have been dating and you can confirm that i have been faithful to you and also loyal to you. You make me happy pemisire,you make me laugh and forget my pains and worries with you. I can be myself and not have to pretend.
She paused for a while and by this time,my eyes were soaked with tears but i just had to control myself.
T.B.C.
Re: Assurance by mondaypemisire(m): 7:32am On Apr 17, 2019
Continue
Pemisire,there comes a time in a woman life where she needs to think about her future happiness and not just the present. I know you don't have a good job but your hustling spirit is second to none,the way you provide for your brothers and how you take care of your father leaves me in awe and i have been wondering what you would do if you had a job. Pemisire, i won't lie to you, i have needs too but most times i can't bring my self to tell you because you don't have. Most times when i wear something new, i have to lie to my friends that you bought it for me so they will think my boyfriend is trying.
She stopped again and by this time,i wished i had eaten the food easlier because my appetite had disappeared into thin air.
T.B.C.
Re: Assurance by mondaypemisire(m): 5:48pm On Apr 17, 2019
Continue
So pemisire, i can't do this anymore and i don't want you to feel bad. that is the reason i have packed my bags and some of your stuffs inside too. I sent your cv and some of your articles to a media firm in lagos and they sent me a mail back saying you should resume work on monday and that an apartment has been reserved for you.
At this point i did not know what to do,i wanted to faint but i could not do it.you are lying right? No babe i am not, i had to lend money from my sister to pay for flight ticket and it is for 11am,we still have two hours to get ready.
I jumped on seyi and hugged her as i cried for over thirty minutes and she also cried too. I got you babe, i Got you,she kept saying as tears flowed freely down her cheeks.
We got to lagos safely and i met my very robust boss on monday as we had lodged into a hotel which seyi paid for.
T.B.C
Re: Assurance by donielord(m): 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2019
Please continue.....
Re: Assurance by mondaypemisire(m): 6:40am On Apr 18, 2019
Continue
You stories and articles are breataking Mr pemisire and we are so glad to have you on board. i had to convince the CEO to increase you salary to 300k as against the lnitial 250k, a man with your talent is so rare to find these dayx. Once again welcome. We shook hands and i left to meet seyi at the reception and told her the good news.
The company driver drove us to my luxury home at lekki and i turned around and looked at seyi,she was crying and thanking God for me. she held my hands and began to pray for me and even the driver could not help but say Amen to our prayers too.
Two years down the line salary has double,seyi is pregnant with baby number two and i am building my own house. God bless seyi,she gave me my own ASSURANCE...end
Thanks for ur reading
Coming soon THE INNOCENT YAHOO BOY

1 Like

Re: Assurance by jbblues24(m): 5:04am On May 21, 2019
Really thought out! Whoa.
Re: Assurance by moseph(f): 12:02pm On May 21, 2019
wow, what a beautiful piece. Thanks for sharing

(1) (Reply)

Famous Kenyan Writer And Gay Rights Activist, Binyavanga Wainaina Dies At 48 / N/A / Diary Of A Pastor's Wife Episode 4)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.