Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,960 members, 7,806,779 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited - Jobs/Vacancies (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited (1431766 Views)

2021 Nigerian Customs Recruitment / Ekiti: TESCOM Teachers Recruitment 2019. How To Apply / Union Bank Management Trainee Recruitment 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (554) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Molayan: 7:09pm On May 16, 2019
yanabasee:

Oga, there's NO force/paramilitary that get it's promotion that easily..... Police that their promotion is even more difficult??

I'm working at a plaza very close to FCC HQ, FRSC HQ, FCSC HQ and CUSTOM HQ at wuse here.... I see them everyday and I relate with a few of them everyday.....

Take it or leave, some low rank officers are richer and well connected to most officers with three stars.....
They're the ones making cool cash for the ogas dem!!

I have one Assistant Comptroller General as a friend.... I will tell you, he's begging to even get his daughter this job!!

please can ll chat privately. Do you mean junior officers make more money than the senior officers because they are always in the field.
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Jumoke941: 7:45pm On May 16, 2019
Molayan:

please can ll chat privately. Do you mean junior officers make more money than the senior officers because they are always in the field.
you don hear money, your ears don erect grin

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by yanabasee(m): 7:45pm On May 16, 2019
Molayan:

Yes, at the border, doing the dirty job......

Dude, I no fit give you any connection oh!!!
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by loppy87: 7:47pm On May 16, 2019
Oga, I need you to clarify, is that your friend an Assistant Controller or Assistant Comptroller General of Customs. We shouldn't lay out some things as facts when they are not in my opinion. Because as an ACG, you are financially buoyant and good to go even if retirement comes unexpectedly. Except the senior officer was not financially disciplined. It doesn't make sense mentioning the ranks I have contact with openly, but forget it, if you manage to get to the rank of an Area Controller, you no get money wahala. Even if you are a rich junior officer, you make more money as you progress in the service. And yes, ACGs were not given assured BSC slots, as there are more than 20 ACGs in the Service.

yanabasee:

Oga, there's NO force/paramilitary that get it's promotion that easily..... Police that their promotion is even more difficult??

I'm working at a plaza very close to FCC HQ, FRSC HQ, FCSC HQ and CUSTOM HQ at wuse here.... I see them everyday and I relate with a few of them everyday.....

Take it or leave, some low rank officers are richer and well connected to most officers with three stars.....

I have one Assistant Comptroller General as a friend.... I will tell you, he's begging to even get his daughter this job!!
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Uploadme(m): 7:51pm On May 16, 2019
Jumoke941:
you don hear money, your ears don erect grin

Lol grin grin
Na who no like better thing, dude eyes were like shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by yanabasee(m): 7:55pm On May 16, 2019
Again, what to note is....

If your original age is in your BVN, and it's above the stipulated age... Note that your BVN is linked to your NIN and Drivers license....

So, if you had reduced your age with the aid of your affidavit or new birth certificate.... you're likely going to be screened out...

This is the reason why they keep asking for either your NIN or Driver's license or Voters ID during online registration.
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by yanabasee(m): 8:00pm On May 16, 2019
loppy87:
Oga, I need you to clarify, is that your friend an Assistant Controller or Assistant Comptroller General of Customs. We shouldn't lay out some things as facts when they are not in my opinion. Because as an ACG, you are financially buoyant and good to go even if retirement comes unexpectedly. Except the senior officer was not financially disciplined. It doesn't make sense mentioning the ranks I have contact with openly, but forget it, if you manage to get to the rank of an Area Controller, you no get money wahala. Even if you are a rich junior officer, you make more money as you progress in the service. And yes, ACGs were not given assured BSC slots, as there are more than 20 ACGs in the Service.

I wasn't comparing the financial status of a junior officer with an ACG.... But with most three star officers....

Read bro....
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by loppy87: 8:41pm On May 16, 2019
Since you weren't making comparison, it is clear. It was important so some folks don't get misinformed, like the dude asking to chat you privately grin grin smiley smiley Best Wishes.

yanabasee:

I wasn't comparing the financial status of a junior officer with an ACG.... But with most three star officers....

Read bro....
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by LexyJay02: 9:33pm On May 16, 2019
grin shocked
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Tboy243: 9:46pm On May 16, 2019
Hello everyone. Trust we all are doing great?
Just want to ask a question.
Is it posible that recently retired Assistant Comptroller Generals or Assistant Comptrollers would be given slots to reward them for their service?...

Someone told me it has always being the custom of the Nigerian Customs.

Any1 to help shed more light on this.
Thanks.
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Majlaw(m): 11:02pm On May 16, 2019
yanabasee:
Again, what to note is....

If your original age is in your BVN, and it's above the stipulated age... Note that your BVN is linked to your NIN and Drivers license....

So, if you had reduced your age with the aid of your affidavit or new birth certificate.... you're likely going to be screened out...

This is the reason why they keep asking for either your NIN or Driver's license or Voters ID during online registration.
Guy... Dey don't have time to go and be checking all these stuffs.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by DonVeek(m): 11:42pm On May 16, 2019
Tboy243:
Hello everyone. Trust we all are doing great?
Just want to ask a question.
Is it posible that recently retired Assistant Comptroller Generals or Assistant Comptrollers would be given slots to reward them for their service?...

Someone told me it has always being the custom of the Nigerian Customs.

Any1 to help shed more light on this.
Thanks.
It depends on how close you're to your boss. The one I can easily remember is that of a deputy comptroller of immigration service.
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by yanabasee(m): 12:20am On May 17, 2019
Majlaw:

Guy... Dey don't have time to go and be checking all these stuffs.

The main reason they request for your NIN, Driver's license or Voter's ID number is to verify your age.... which is the first stage of every force/paramilitary recruitment.....

The system automatically detect your age through your BVN...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by emmieachichi: 1:02am On May 17, 2019
From d little I know about BVN and privacy law under d terms and conditions of banks is not to disclose your personal information to any third parties nor can a third party use or take ur information from bank database without ur consent ... BVN is a banking terminology used ONLY for banking sector or financial sector.... Why will government ask for your BVN from banks without your consent? And no your BVN is not link wit ur NIN or voter's card, reason been the terms n conditions of privacy laws btw public and private sector are not the same.. For example data base for bank is different from data base of government (NIN, voter's ID n drivers license) and government can not n will not ask Bank for ur BVN except by order of court. Hence government recruitment normally don't know the actual ages of applicants except through their own database like passport, drivers license, voter's card n NIN... Bank verification number(BVN) is for banking purposes and not for determining age for government recruitment.. Google BVN terms n conditions if u are not convinced...government recruitment always ask for fslc, waec or neco, birth cert or court affidavit etc to determine age during recruitment either electronically or manually. Beside this is Nigeria, football age is the next level inconclusive data to use for recruitment.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by emmieachichi: 1:20am On May 17, 2019
according to Wikipedia, The Bank Verification Number commonly called BVN is a bio metric identification system implemented by the Central Bank of Nigeria to curb or reduce illegal banking transactions in Nigeria.[1] It is a modern security measure in line with the Central Bank of Nigeria Act 1958 to reduce fraud in the banking system.The system works by recording fingerprints and a facial photograph of the client.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by odufalut: 2:57am On May 17, 2019
Some people can read the whole of this life and still be going out of content, have u done your NIN? Was ur BVN number been requested for your application? Yo u need to know all these as questions you put on Google to read about not BVN on Wikipedia, you will only get thesis that you don't need for this thread. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Uzo239: 3:21am On May 17, 2019
Too much of negative talks why can't we just wait until the list comes out..if your wise do the needful and talk less.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by esteeino13(f): 3:41am On May 17, 2019
yanabasee:

Ask him to tell u d truth, i just got an info from a reliable source saying that this recruitment will be different cuz this their new OGA wants to give every average nigerian a trial. He told me that customs officer will not be in charge of the aptitude test, that the new comptroller is genuine and does not wanna get call from emir n other big men asking for slots. He also told me that if u can pass the test there is no problem cuz an independent body is in charge of the recruitment process. Pls u can confirm this and get back to us... So we can all benefit.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Jumoke941: 4:16am On May 17, 2019
odufalut:
Some people can read the whole of this life and still be going out of content, have u done your NIN? Was ur BVN number been requested for your application? Yo u need to know all these as questions you put on Google to read about not BVN on Wikipedia, you will only get thesis that you don't need for this thread. Thanks
my BVN was asked when I registered for my national ID card, immediately the woman typed my BVN on their portal, it brought out my name, date of birth and address, picture. And yes some government recruitments asks for BVN, ask those that registered for N power, tho customs didn't ask for BVN, think your NIN will be used to trace your real age
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Heineken(m): 5:09am On May 17, 2019
esteeino13:

Ask him to tell u d truth, i just got an info from a reliable source saying that this recruitment will be different cuz this their new OGA wants to give every average nigerian a trial. He told me that customs officer will not be in charge of the aptitude test, that the new comptroller is genuine and does not wanna get call from emir n other big men asking for slots. He also told me that if u can pass the test there is no problem cuz an independent body is in charge of the recruitment process. Pls u can confirm this and get back to us... So we can all benefit.
pls when is the test and are we traveling to our respective states? I chose Abuja as my preferred
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by ugo4u: 5:15am On May 17, 2019
Some people think Customs don't know what they're doing when they requested for NIN or voters card, I just laugh when someone was quoting a third party condition by banks. The NIN will be used to confirm your age. Some people will go and do age affidavit while their WAEC carries a diff age. we're talking about a federal government institution. The worst thing that will happen to any candidate is to forge anything because even during training your degree/hnd will be verified in ur various institutions and you will be expelled even if it is an hour to your commissioning.
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Heineken(m): 5:58am On May 17, 2019
Pls I didn't print out. Any help
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by lahizak: 6:16am On May 17, 2019
See as children of d common folks dey give demselves hope. Some of u are shouting the CGC is a man of integrity when its possible that d CGC might be changed b4 d end of next month. The man that is too busy politically is d one u said will oversee recruitment, how will he even do dat? I have a very strong connection 4 dis job and even he told me to make sure i register, and take d test and do all d necessaries, y do u tink dat is? Its simply so as to cover dere tracks and y'all will be foolish if u dont tink dat the scores of d test will be updated 4 some candidates with connections. We should just be real and prayerful. My connection is surely more sure dan the DGCs because new recruits will be verified and stamped by his office before they are finally employed but still i wont deceive myself by saying i will get d job. This is nigeria, just wen u tink u get connection den u realise dat some people dey wey get connection pass ur own. I still pray and fast everyday about it. However, even with dat, dere are some slots that will be available for the masses to occupy. So we should all read and pray fortune favour us. And finally for dos dat might be wondering if i can ask my source 4 the day shortlist will be out, im sorry i cant because dis is a man i can only call to greet, no questions ask. So goodluck everybody, we need it

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by loppy87: 6:37am On May 17, 2019
Genuine talk.

lahizak:
See as children of d common folks dey give demselves hope. Some of u are shouting the CGC is a man of integrity when its possible that d CGC might be changed b4 d end of next month. The man that is too busy politically is d one u said will oversee recruitment, how will he even do dat? I have a very strong connection 4 dis job and even he told me to make sure i register, and take d test and do all d necessaries, y do u tink dat is? Its simply so as to cover dere tracks and y'all will be foolish if u dont tink dat the scores of d test will be updated 4 some candidates with connections. We should just be real and prayerful. My connection is surely more sure dan the DGCs because new recruits will be verified and stamped by his office before they are finally employed but still i wont deceive myself by saying i will get d job. This is nigeria, just wen u tink u get connection den u realise dat some people dey wey get connection pass ur own. I still pray and fast everyday about it. However, even with dat, dere are some slots that will be available for the masses to occupy. So we should all read and pray fortune favour us. And finally for dos dat might be wondering if i can ask my source 4 the day shortlist will be out, im sorry i cant because dis is a man i can only call to greet, no questions ask. So goodluck everybody, we need it
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by Mowills123: 6:56am On May 17, 2019
Jumoke941:
my BVN was asked when I registered for my national ID card, immediately the woman typed my BVN on their portal, it brought out my name, date of birth and address, picture. And yes some government recruitments asks for BVN, ask those that registered for N power, tho customs didn't ask for BVN, think your NIN will be used to trace your real age

Customs didn't categorically ask for NIN neither, and i don't remember being asked for NIN when i was Processing my drivers license which happens to b the only valid ID with my correct age
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by talktokayoo(m): 7:46am On May 17, 2019
The fact is that Nigerian custom is the most competitive force to join, because it is the only force in Nigeria that generates funds and they generate over 1 trillion Naira yearly for the Nigerian government. Recruitment has always been based on slot and placement. For the superintendent corps it is more competitive so you will need to have someone at the top, and he or she must be well connected at the federal level: your connection must be from the below

Governors
Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Jagaban
A senator
A house of Representative member
A high officer at the ministry of interior
A connection from The Federal Executive Council (FEC) can be proved useful too...
Armed force chiefs, Police IG, Customs CG, Customs DCG, Army, Navy and Airforce chiefs

And it most likely they have close friends or children, so press these link if you have any.....

Don't just deceive yourself that it won't be based connection and that it will be on merit basis... Hurry up before all slot is complete so you can have a chance....

He who have ears let him hear well and he that is doubting Thomas please come back when the recruitment is complete and call me a liar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by loppy87: 8:03am On May 17, 2019
Very false statement, the FIRS for instance generates more funds for the FGN in recent times. Also, NNPC and FIRS are other highly competitive institutions in terms of jobs. Although a private firm is in charge of the recruitment, the modus operandi to be employed to drive the recruitment is determined by the NCS board and management, with final vetting from the CGC. You mentioned interior ministry means you didn't know Customs is under the Ministry of Finance. And very few House of Reps and Senators have slots as they share slots across all MDAs of the FGN. If you are well informed about this recruitment, you will know there is a number of slots reserved for merit. Let's not post things out here because we want to talk please. No insult. And you are sounding like you are advertising slots for patronage. Best wishes.

talktokayoo:
The fact is that Nigerian custom is the most competitive force to join, because it is the only force in Nigeria that generates funds and they generate over 1 trillion Naira yearly for the Nigerian government. Recruitment has always been based on slot and placement. For the superintendent corps it is more competitive so you will need to have someone at the top, and he or she must be well connected at the federal level: your connection must be from the below

Governors
Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Jagaban
A senator
A house of Representative member
A high officer at the ministry of interior
A connection from The Federal Executive Council (FEC) can be proved useful too...
Armed force chiefs, Police IG, Customs CG, Customs DCG, Army, Navy and Airforce chiefs

And it most likely they have close friends or children, so press these link if you have any.....

Don't just deceive yourself that it won't be based connection and that it will be on merit basis... Hurry up before all slot is complete so you can have a chance....

He who have ears let him hear well and he that is doubting Thomas please come back when the recruitment is complete and call me a liar
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by omokiri5(m): 8:35am On May 17, 2019
Heineken:
Pls I didn't print out. Any help
[img]https:///65535/47757670812_b8145be968_o_d.jpg[/img]
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by allan2: 8:51am On May 17, 2019
oya o! let the horse trading continue. let the over sabi's and under sabi's exchange rhythm so that learners like us can do our blues....meanwhile NCS would soon dispatch mails for physical screening. those that filled 1988 as date of birth hope hard to scale thru. una wado

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by merit1988(f): 9:06am On May 17, 2019
allan2:
oya o! let the horse trading continue. let the over sabi's and under sabi's exchange rhythm so that learners like us can do our blues....meanwhile NCS would soon dispatch mails for physical screening. those that filled 1988 as date of birth hope hard to scale thru. una wado
I just tire for all this their baseless arguments.... connection or no connection, whatever will be will be.....my cousin from my mother's side got this same customs job 2011 without knowing any single soul...all na luck.. people should stop putting unnecessary anxiety on others...me that thought I had connection nko, they are giving me an impossible demand undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by ugo4u: 9:19am On May 17, 2019
loppy87:
Very false statement, the FIRS for instance generates more funds for the FGN in recent times. Also, NNPC and FIRS are other highly competitive institutions in terms of jobs. Although a private firm is in charge of the recruitment, the modus operandi to be employed to drive the recruitment is determined by the NCS board and management, with final vetting from the CGC. You mentioned interior ministry means you didn't know Customs is under the Ministry of Finance. And very few House of Reps and Senators have slots as they share slots across all MDAs of the FGN. If you are well informed about this recruitment, you will know there is a number of slots reserved for merit. Let's not post things out here because we want to talk please. No insult. And you are sounding like you are advertising slots for patronage. Best wishes.

na them na!!! awon slot sellers. Dude is tactically marketing his yahoo franchise. Everyone knows that slots are usually shared amongst very very top Officials, but slots for merit is hardly tampered with.
They "might" recruit the 3200 cadets on merit then those that have slots will just send their wards to join up training with the rest.
That's how one of my friend joined the Police during their last recruitment, dude wasn't shortlisted at the first stage, but he was surprised when his god father called him to join up training with other cadets in Kano.
Nobody said magu-magu no go dey, but it will be suppressed to a great extent, unlike b4. There is a limit to what Hamid Ali can do.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited by nuradeen011(m): 9:38am On May 17, 2019
ugo4u:

na them na!!! awon slot sellers. Dude is tactically marketing his yahoo franchise. Everyone knows that slots are usually shared amongst very very top Officials, but slots for merit is hardly tampered with.
They "might" recruit the 3200 cadets on merit then those that have slots will just send their wards to join up training with the rest.
That's how one of my friend joined the Police during their last recruitment, dude wasn't shortlisted at the first stage, but he was surprised when his god father called him to join up training with other cadets in Kano.
Nobody said magu-magu no go dey, but it will be suppressed to a great extent, unlike b4. There is a limit to what Hamid Ali can do.
there are some that will just show up in camp like me for example

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (554) (Reply)

Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs / How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.