Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,516 members, 7,801,380 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback (30745 Views)

I Will Resign On Monday - Rotimi Amaechi / 774,000 Recruitment: Keyamo Threatens To Resign If Politicians Hijack Process / FG To Stop Importation Of Petrol By 2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by mmb(m): 12:06am On Apr 17, 2019
Kachikwu said this in 2017.

Nigeria’s Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachikwu, on Monday vowed to resign if Nigeria continues to import fuel by 2019.

Mr. Kachikwu stated this during an interview on BBC World Service programme, HardTalk, anchored by Stephen Sackur.

In the interview, which lasted 23 minutes, Mr. Kachikwu promised to deliver on the completion of the refineries, noting that he was committed to delivering a future for oil in Nigeria.

On Nigeria’s over-reliance on oil, the minister said the government plans to diversify into agriculture and other sources of revenue.

He said, “Oh, yes, clearly over- reliant , but whether that is dangerous… I look at the positive side of oil also in terms of what it’s done to a country over the years . But when the price slumps, it’s dangerous.

“But we will love to see a lot more diversification, a lot more efforts going into agriculture, emphasis on tourism…”

When asked when the country was going to be self-sufficient in terms of refining petroleum, Mr. Kachikwu declared that 2019 had been set as the target.

“2019 is the target time… I target 2019 . If I don’t achieve it, I will walk…I put the date and I will achieve it,” the minister said.

He, however, did not clarify if he meant early 2019 or the end of 2019 with the current administration’s tenure set to lapse in May 2019 unless re-elected.
When probed about President Muhammadu Buhari’s health, the minister noted that he didn’t know the details of the president’s medical treatment.

“He is in London; he’s undergoing hospital treatment. I don’t know the details of that. I obviously wouldn’t know. But…he’s back in London, he ’s continued some levels of meetings.

“He has a very efficient vice president who is sitting in for him in his absence,” he added.
Commenting further, Mr. Kachikwu explained that he had delivered on all his promises, stating that he made the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, a profit-making organisation.

“I have delivered on all that I have promised when I came into office,” he said.
“First, I took Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and made it a profit- making organisation.

“This is the first time such is happening. I reshaped the organisation. I removed cash call deficits of over $ 6 billion and renegotiated it. I will deliver on the refineries and I’m committed to it. I will deliver a future for oil that makes sense for Nigeria.

“I can ’t pretend that we’re going to solve in one day all the problems that happened in Nigeria in the past,” he added.

https://www.today.ng/business/energy/297381/resign-nigeria-continues-import-petrol-2019-kachikwu

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by Peculiarly: 12:14am On Apr 17, 2019
GOOd

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by zilon12(m): 12:21am On Apr 17, 2019
we shall see, he must have been depending on dangote refinery

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by Hfavored: 12:25am On Apr 17, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by matify83: 12:26am On Apr 17, 2019
Relying on Dangote to save your ass indeed!!

Why peg your resignation threat to the commencement date of a Private refinery in which government has no joint venture agreement ?

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by okeynelson: 12:38am On Apr 17, 2019
if I hear!!! all dis old fools....criminals.... na dat one consign u....wot I know is dat no one can stay dia forever... too chop money dn tire u
Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by ki02020(m): 12:39am On Apr 17, 2019
zilon12:
we shall see, he must be depending on dangote refinery
matify83:
Relying on Dangote to save your ass indeed!!

Why peg your resignation threat to the commencement date of a Private refinery in which government has no joint venture agreement ?

when dangote refinery start producing fuel please don't buy oooo....just order your fuel from Europe,hypocrites

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by GavelSlam: 12:43am On Apr 17, 2019
ki02020:

when dangote refinery start producing fuel please don't buy oooo....just order your fuel from Europe,hypocrites

Don't mind the hypocrites.

The same set of people claiming Dangote has been getting dollars for his project at subsidized rate.

The same set claiming government has been encouraging his monopoly are the same set complaining about government depending on his refinery.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by okosodo: 1:58am On Apr 17, 2019
Are we in 2015?

9 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by Larryfest(m): 4:17am On Apr 17, 2019
Yeye talk...probably he will shift it to 2090 since him don fucck up now.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by Amuocha: 6:15am On Apr 17, 2019
Useless Buhari's minister angry

7 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by KidsNEXTdoor: 6:23am On Apr 17, 2019
I cant believe zombies are still supporting the man even in the face of failure

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by Gandollaar(f): 6:52am On Apr 17, 2019
GavelSlam:

Don't mind the hypocrites.

The same set of people claiming Dangote has been getting dollars for his project at subsidized rate.

The same set claiming government has been encouraging his monopoly are the same set complaining about government depending on his refinery.
See how you fool yourself over an old news. Even if Dangote comes on board, can they alone solve Nigeria's fuel importation crises?

53 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by helinues: 6:59am On Apr 17, 2019
@ op he never indicated which month in 2019.

Who knows may be his currently writing his resignation letter... grin

9 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by GavelSlam: 7:05am On Apr 17, 2019
Gandollaar:
See how you fool yourself over an old news. Even if Dangote comes on board, can they alone solve Nigeria's fuel importation crises?

No.

You would be the one to solve it.

7 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by richidinho(m): 7:21am On Apr 17, 2019
Buhari's only definition of diversification is by spending billions of dollars searching for crude oil in Borno

6 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by Gandollaar(f): 8:43am On Apr 17, 2019
GavelSlam:

No.

You would be the one to solve it.
Truly the youths are the problem of this country. Your fellow BMC has called out the lifeless Sudanese over a failed campaign promise while you are here masturbating. Lol

17 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by GavelSlam: 8:46am On Apr 17, 2019
Gandollaar:
Truly the youths are the problem of this country. Your fellow BMC has called out the lifeless Sudanese over a failed campaign promise while you are here masturbating. Lol

Everyone is entitled to his opinion.

Of course, some of you are a waste of space.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by CoolOg: 9:43am On Apr 17, 2019
This man is meant to be the Minister of Petroleum but they made him a junior minister who can't make major things effective without the Minister of Petroleum (President) consent and remember he said this while he was the Gmd of Nnpc before a Northern person was used to replace him.

Even after noticing some ineffectiveness in Nnpc, nothing was done to the Gmd because he is from the north.

In conclusion, he can't kill himself. He is just trying to make things work among them. If not him, Nupeng petroleum scarcity would have hit the nation.

Have ever heard anything from the Minister of Petroleum? No

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by lonelydora: 10:13am On Apr 17, 2019
I won't blame Kachikwu because he didn't understand the dynamics of Nigerian politics.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by Guyman02: 10:13am On Apr 17, 2019
Its called 'Taqqiyya' which in Islam implies lying to promote Islam which can be forgiven by Allah. undecided

Now they are hoping that Dangote (private investor) to complete his refinery to 'help' us while we keep maintaining NNPC which they castigated Atiku for saying it should be sold since it has continued to record losses year after year

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by StarUp: 10:13am On Apr 17, 2019
Who cares

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by ORACLE1975(m): 10:13am On Apr 17, 2019
Let the landing cost be anything you choose to tell us. Why do we import fuel? . What happened to our refineries?. How much did Nigeria spend in the turn around maintenance of the oil facilities. Your government earlier denied paying for subsidies and later accepted it. That's fraud and corruption. All the nails Goodluck Jonathan received from the APC on these issues, are we better now. The petroleum industry in Nigeria is a big fraud and that's why all bills to tame the tide in the industry has been successful. Fellow countrymen and women arise in furious anger and let's occupy Nigeria now because leprous hands is now manifesting. Enough is enough.

7 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by cr7lomo: 10:14am On Apr 17, 2019
2019 never finish... besides, second term starts soon...he might decide not to continue

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by Jason007: 10:14am On Apr 17, 2019
grin

we all know even our next door neighbors Ghana are moving forward because their unified government want to do what's right. years down the line, has anyone wondered why NNPC is so backward with everything. this so called system favors them and till we decide enough is enough on wastage in the NNPC, then the refineries will come alive.

4 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by TwoBottles: 10:14am On Apr 17, 2019
He had attempted to resign but was begged not to.. He will always be there to cover Buhari's incompetence.

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by Factfinder1(m): 10:15am On Apr 17, 2019
Bloody liars

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by BlackfireX: 10:16am On Apr 17, 2019
Just watch how he will spin the unspinable .....and blame Lawrence anini or Adolf Hitler .

Zombies over to you.

3 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by LibertyRep: 10:17am On Apr 17, 2019
He knew in the heart of his heart that he never meant those words.

Kachikwu need not resign for this glaring failure, he'll be naturally eased out by May as the next level commences.

His expose on the contract bazaar by the NNPC's Baru will likely stand against his being reappointed as a minister.

Tail or head, APC and PDP are both sides of the same coin as far as refinery and subsidy scam is concerned.

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback by Berrilite(f): 10:17am On Apr 17, 2019
ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ISWAP Loses Two Commanders, 30 Fighters In Damaturu Attack - Military Sources / Why Okey Ifejokwu Was Arrested - Ned Nwoko / Freed Dapchi Schoolgirl Speaks: How We Were Kidnapped, Treated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.