Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady (20950 Views)

Real Reason That Police Men Were Burned In Anambra / No Officer Is Allowed To Harass You even If You Have A Serpent As Tattoo - PPRO / 70 Teenagers Arrested In Yenagoa During Raid. See What Police Will Do To Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by tachacute(f): 2:38am On Apr 17, 2019
A Nigerian Girl has shared her view on the SARS/Police brutality.

See screenshot of what she wrote below:

https://www.everywherestew.com.ng/2019/04/police-should-harass-you-if-you-dress.html?m=1

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by tachacute(f): 2:38am On Apr 17, 2019
Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by lansintech(m): 3:25am On Apr 17, 2019
Normally that will be profiling which is bad police work and should be discouraged in a normal country buh Nigeria is a peculiar place and so I will encourage that too

12 Likes

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by nifemi25(m): 3:34am On Apr 17, 2019
So you expected me to read all this...

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Larryfest(m): 3:49am On Apr 17, 2019
coming from a Nigerian girl who probably walks about almost naked I call bullshit!!!

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by GavelSlam: 3:57am On Apr 17, 2019
At first I thought another attention seeker.

After going through her posts, I can say she has some valid points.

Agreed, one shouldn't be profiled on the appearance of another but men in Nigeria are quick to call a female a farm implement based on her dressing.

Men are quick to blame the female victims when issues arise using such things as what were you doing in his house at 3.a.m.

Would it then be well for he police to ask why you are driving around in a flashy car, deadlocked, tattoed, sagged jeans with 2 laptops in your back seat?

You are not a musician, and I don't think you are an actor. You evidently don't work in a bank or farm.

Abeg explain yourself better to the officer.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Mynd44: 4:55am On Apr 17, 2019
She is being sacarstic due to how men react to rape/rape related cases

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Auxtin85(m): 5:40am On Apr 17, 2019
This girl has obviously never been out of Nigeria, just visit Ghana there you know we are in bondage in Nigeria.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Xisnin(m): 8:49am On Apr 17, 2019
The girl is smart.
Her sarcasm is top notch.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Daeylar(f): 9:24am On Apr 17, 2019
She's right.
That's how Nigerians judge, stereotype, harass and assault women (or support those who do the above) based on their dressing.
Then when questioned, claim they are right to do or say so based on some morality and decency/indecency bullshit.
Now that SARS is doing the same to Men they want sympathy and they want to #EndSars.

She did a good job touching on everything, including "not all policemen" found this tweet supporting her on that.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by TANID(m): 10:36am On Apr 17, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by ZoeyJ(f): 11:28am On Apr 17, 2019
Daeylar:
She's right.
That's how Nigerians judge, stereotype, harass and assault women based on their dressing.
Then when questioned claim they are right to do so based on some morality and indecency bullshit.
Now that SARS is doing the same to Men they want sympathy and they want to #EndSars.

She did a good job touching on everything, including "not all policemen" This lady below supports that

2 Likes

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by AsomArchitectNG(m): 11:28am On Apr 17, 2019
Let's design your building plan or handle your building construction project.

Contact us at AsomarchitectNG see my signature for more details....
Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by fowosereman: 11:28am On Apr 17, 2019
VERY HOT PROPERTIES AVAILABLE FOR RENT - MOVE IN WITH CONFIDENCE TO THAT NEW HOME THIS YEAR 2019!

- Newly built 2 bedroom flats with all rooms ensuite and wardrobes at PEACE ESTATE, BARUWA, LAGOS
- Newly built 3 Bedroom flats with all rooms ensuite. 4 flats in the compound at Abesan Estate, Lagos
- Newly Built 3 Bedroom flats at PEACE ESTATE, BARUWA, LAGOS
- Newly built 3 Bedroom flats at GEMADE ESTATE, GOWON ESTATE, LAGOS
------------------------------------------------------------------
4 AND 6 bedroom Duplexes. All rooms ensuite (PICTURES ATTACHED!)

Features Included:

Water borehole, Prepaid meter, Already painted with wardrobes in all the rooms, Kitchen cabinets, All rooms tiled, Very spacious parking space, Security Post, Beautiful & ambient estate location PLUS MORE!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking to rent an office?
Looking to rent a 1-Bedroom Apartment?
Looking to rent A Bungalow Apartment?
Looking to rent a 2-Bedroom Apartment in Lagos?
Looking to rent a 3-Bedroom Apartment in Lagos?
Looking to rent a 4-Bedroom Apartment in Lagos?
Or looking real estate property to buy, rent, sell or lease?

We've got the HUGE DATABASE of Genuine Landlords, Super Agents as well as PAYING TENANTS so you can BUY, RENT, SELL, and LEASE real estate property with confidence!

HERE - No registration payment. No form fees. Just inspect, pay and pack in!

We are Nigeria's Most Trusted Online Real Estate Destination

---------------------------------------------------------------------

ARE YOU A LANDLORD OR REAL ESTATE AGENT you have properties for rent, lease or sale? Let's help you find that tenant ASAP.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by IMASTEX: 11:29am On Apr 17, 2019
Mynd44:
She is being sacarstic due to how men react to rape/rape related cases
I second you
She forgot that, one doesn't need to bring down the entire building just because there is a challenge with the roof.

6 Likes

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by titiloyeblog: 11:29am On Apr 17, 2019
What about those that didn't dress as such but were still harassed? What's their fate?

7 Likes

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by desthan(m): 11:29am On Apr 17, 2019
@OP

Please enlighten us on how criminals dress

3 Likes

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by MiaB(f): 11:29am On Apr 17, 2019
She's got a point

1 Like

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Vacora(m): 11:30am On Apr 17, 2019
Don’t feed a troll. Starve it of the attention it desperately needs.

8 Likes

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by looseweight: 11:30am On Apr 17, 2019
Spot on. Are u burdened with excess fat in your tummy, arm or thigh? Do u want to cut down these fats using natural and save method, then click my profile

1 Like

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by sparog(m): 11:30am On Apr 17, 2019
Okay

To some extent her argument is actually valid

2 Likes

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Pavore9: 11:31am On Apr 17, 2019
In as much as we have rights, when dealing with those mentally deranged individuals in the Nigerian Police Force "Wisdom is profitable to direct" simply means that applying prudence is very important.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by digital5: 11:31am On Apr 17, 2019
How do criminals dress

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by RZArecta2(m): 11:32am On Apr 17, 2019
I’ve seen smartly dressed men and women waylaid along the Lekki expressway and harassed by gun totting police officers so madam, it’s not a matter of dressing again. What is wrong should be classed as so.
All over the world, before a policeman harasses or arrest you, there’s already ample evidence after investigations of the crime you committed but in Nigeria, the reverse is the case cool

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by jaxxy(m): 11:33am On Apr 17, 2019
I always dress like a gentleman bt smtmes it’s boring and I wanna Experiment abit. Anything wrong with that?

SARS has to look beyond dressing to profile people/Criminals. This is the 21 century pls. We can’t live like cavemen because of sars

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by IMASTEX: 11:34am On Apr 17, 2019
titiloyeblog:
What about those that didn't dress as such but were still harassed? What's their fate?
I wonder oh.
Just this month, a useless & frustrated "police officer" smash a young boy's IPhone. With the Angry excuse that he hasn't been able to afford one even after working for 13 years. The iPhone should also be a bad dressing.
The question comes to mind. How do criminals dress?
Are those in the various government bodies saint?
Even the police themselves?

1 Like

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by chelsea1116(m): 11:34am On Apr 17, 2019
A motherfucking hypocrite... wot has dressing got to do wit fytn crimes? was Kolade johnson and Ada improperly dressed? sily lady.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by blesson04(m): 11:35am On Apr 17, 2019
He be like say Police D**k don nack this one

Dear Sean,
Change your moderators

3 Likes

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by MOHSHESHI(m): 11:36am On Apr 17, 2019
nifemi25:
So you expected me to read all this...
d tin taya me ooo

1 Like

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by NinjaMetahuman: 11:38am On Apr 17, 2019
another brainless nigeria lady

i didnt know criminals have dress code.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Dress Like A Criminal So That Police Will Not Harass You - Nigerian Lady by Pidginwhisper: 11:39am On Apr 17, 2019
I didn't read but i can categorically tell you that she's fuccking a SARS guy. grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Blame Me For My Daughter’s Rape, Protect Rapist – Mother Of Rape Victim / Mob Roasts Man For Robbing A Woman Pot Of Soup In Calabar / Beninoise Kills Man While Fighting Over Birthday Pig (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.