Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,707 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) (39984 Views)

Any Medical Professional Should Explain This Transvaginal U/S Scan, Please / Human Organs Are Now Being Transported In The US With Drones (PHOTOS) / Drunk Man Being Transported In A Hilux Van Spotted Urinating In Public (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Burnt victims transported in a bus without any medical (graphic) by Mizwisdom(f): 10:18am On Apr 18, 2019
tactius:
OK...

What if I told you guys that we could have MODERN AMBULANCES, ETC...like the ones we see aborad....IF WE PAID MORE TAXES.

Many Nigerians cry about how bad things are, and then port to countries like Canada, UK and US...where they pay municipal taxes as high as N30000 monthly or more....and in return, ambulance service is among the stuff provided.

Our health care budget was N800billion out of N8 trillion naira...that's 2billion USD. In the USA...the state of New Youk has a budget of $160BN USD.

And we expect miracles from our scanty budget of $22billionn naira.?

And corruption is eating our budget as well...meanwhile PDP and APC supporters are defending their corrupt politicans well well...

If you want nice stuff....PAY TAXES. If you want increased funding..PAY HIGHER TAXES. Our tax rate is 0-24% In developed countries it can be has high as 50% per annum.

MODIFIED

Guys....YOU CANNOT EXPECT TO BUY A CAR OF 8 million for just 8000 naira

Yet you guys want USA , UK , EUROPEAN level of CARE for a fraction of the amount they spend there for health care??

By the way, anyone who quotes me to insult or abuse me would be reported to the mods. I have made my point without insults. You can do the same too. Uncivilized remarks would be reported.

Modifed...

This is my last comment on this matter tonight.

The truth is, we are a poor country. And the stealing is not corruption crew in both parties are making it worse. We have a budget of $22bn, while one state in the USA has a budget of $160bn and we are demanding a level of care similar to that state...and we have a much higher population to boot.

Either we work harder for our money....or we accept we are poor and live with it.

Either we stop tolerating corruption, because many of the Nairalanders here, prefer to defend corruption so long as it is their side...or it continues.

Lagos has the best emergency response in Nigeria...because Lagosians...the vast majority of whom are POOR pay higher taxes than the rest of the country.

We cannot pay N200 for a N200000000 service. The minute we wake up to that, as well as to the hard work we need to to as a democracy to hold all leaders to account the better.

One final thought....I think that it is high time we toned down the toxicity and tribalism on this site. Nairaland has become a venue for toxic tribal wars and hate. Hate has already nearly wrecked us as a nation. Let us not go that way again

Thank you and goodningt.

Bro you're right, even in America where they're paying tax some still pray to die before they fall ill . I was shocked to read the comment below on a blog

Elderly Loneliness: 5 Ways to Help Your Aging Parent

Anyone with aging parents knows that it can be a real challenge to prevent them from feeling lonely. How to fight elderly loneliness effectively is a common…

2 COMMENTS

dancingpalmtrees

4h ago

In the states it’s a Challenge based on what you can afford. I would advise young people to get Long Term care insurance. Medicare does not pay for nursing home facilities. Also if you try to transfer your parents assets to yourself or your siblings Uncle Sam will find that money and take everything. Basically your Elderly parents will lose all their assets to the US Government before you or they can apply for Medicaid.

I remember in 1995 my Dad needed to be in a Veteran nursing home. That’s when I was hit with the rude awakening that Long Term care and Veterans nursing homes are not free so despite the fact that my Dad served during the Korean War it didn’t matter.
However God decided that it was time for him to be in his heavenly home and Daddy went to be with the Lord within less than two weeks. That was my horror story involving my Dad. I won’t discuss the hell I went through caring for my Mom who had severe disabilities including blindness towards the end of her life.

Being that I never married nor had children I have no one to care for me if I become I’ll, sick or incapacitated. And even though I’m a US Army Veteran I know that the government won’t help me.

My prayer is that I will die in my sleep. American medical care is a nightmare that nobody should have to navigate.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Disturbing Alcohol Effects On The Human Body / What Do You Do With The Placenta After Baby Delivery? / Delta Hospital Stockpiles Corpses In The Open (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.