Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria (36147 Views)

Princess Owowoh Graduates In UK As First Female Officer Cadet From Nigeria / My Success Story As A Civil Engineer Earning 7 Figures / Kafayat Sanni: Nigeria's First Female Fighter Pilot (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by Agugbadin: 8:22pm On Apr 17, 2019
Does this change the fact that our roads does not last more than six months after our civil engineers have finished their construction work or the buildings that are collapsing all over the country due to their incompetency
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by Onyekachi419(f): 8:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
sirqeeboi:
I just respect ladies who study civil
grin dats nice
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by elegantslayer(f): 8:59pm On Apr 17, 2019
Kirchhoff01:

It was by the Grace of God that I passed Strength of Materials after the second trial in 200L. People won't understand. That Dept na something else...
Thunder go fire Bending Moment and Shear Force for me
My dear,u no even talk of engineering maths..I have never answerd all questions in this particular course during exam
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by AustineCJ: 9:03pm On Apr 17, 2019
joepepsy:
Is this your future goals and aspirations? Lazy and useless youth.go get a job !!!
Oga give me a job.....I will gladly do.
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by joepepsy(m): 9:10pm On Apr 17, 2019
Whats your qualification?
AustineCJ:
Oga give me a job.....I will gladly do.
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by OkunrinOloro: 9:23pm On Apr 17, 2019
"We don't brag"

Says the man who's just finished bragging...
IjebuWarrior:
It has to be Yoruba as usual! We don't brag or make noise about success... It's normalcy to us. cool

Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 17, 2019
That’s great, big ups to her.
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
It's a lie! She is not the 1st female civil engineer in Nigeria. Ebele Ofunneamaka Okeke who was the former Head of Service of Nigeria and also a native of Nnewi in Anambra State, is the 1st female civil engineer in Nigeria. Ebele graduated with a B.Sc in Civil Engineering from the University of Southampton, England in 1971, while Engr. (Mrs.) Mayen Modupeola Adetiba graduated from Columbia University School of Engineering, New York City, with a B.Sc in Civil Engineering in May 1975, four (4) years after Engr. (Mrs.) Ebele Okeke graduated. Let's stop twisting fact.

An Igbo woman is the 1st female civil engineer in Nigeria, not a Yoruba woman.

See the links: http://www.nae.org.ng/fellows_profiles.asp?id=204
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebele_Ofunneamaka_Okeke
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2019
IjebuWarrior:
It has to be Yoruba as usual! We don't brag or make noise about success... It's normalcy to us. cool

It's a lie! She is not the 1st female civil engineer in Nigeria. Ebele Ofunneamaka Okeke who was the former Head of Service of Nigeria and also a native of Nnewi in Anambra State, is the 1st female civil engineer in Nigeria. Ebele graduated with a B.Sc in Civil Engineering from the University of Southampton, England in 1971, while Engr. (Mrs.) Mayen Modupeola Adetiba graduated from Columbia University School of Engineering, New York City, with a B.Sc in Civil Engineering in May 1975, four (4) years after Engr. (Mrs.) Ebele Okeke graduated. Let's stop twisting fact.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 17, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
Afonja

Female civil engineer by title

She sabi her work sef

Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:44pm On Apr 17, 2019
Godfullsam:
Hit like if you know it must be an oduduwa pikin even before opening the thread.

Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by DerideGull(m): 10:03pm On Apr 17, 2019
I do not and will not believe any story from Yoruba land that highlighted first-in-anything in Nigeria. Yoruba people are big loudmouthed group that can claim first to land on the moon if the opportunity presents itself.

1 Like

Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by DerideGull(m): 10:09pm On Apr 17, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

Very goofy stuff that cannot sustain the test of scrutiny. They have already claimed that Rotimi Williams was the first to open law firm in Nigeria. However, in 1942 Rotimi Williams was still writing his law exams in London when Mbanafo had already opened a law firm in Onicha in 1937. Yoruba are talking drum.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 17, 2019
tachacute:
Engineer Mrs Mayen Adetiba is the first female civil engineer in Nigeria.

She's the mother to renown film and music video director Kemi Adetiba.

See screenshots below:

https://www.everywherestew.com.ng/2019/04/meet-first-female-civil-engineer-in.html?m=1

Proof pls
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by delpee(f): 10:47pm On Apr 17, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

She's not Yoruba. Just married to a Yoruba man.
Why should it matter anyway? Proud of her...a well accomplished lady.
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by FortuneDeGreat(m): 11:31pm On Apr 17, 2019
IjebuWarrior:

Then what did you just do ehnn? You drag no be brag abi?

1 Like

Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by IjebuWarrior: 11:55pm On Apr 17, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
Afonja

Female civil engineer by title

She sabi her work sef

Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by olamy7(m): 11:56pm On Apr 17, 2019
AustineCJ:
Well it will make me happy as simple as that n that's my reward.....happiness is priceless.
wow....best of luck then
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by ipledge10(m): 12:35am On Apr 18, 2019
Kirchhoff01:

It was by the Grace of God that I passed Strength of Materials after the second trial in 200L. People won't understand. That Dept na something else...
Mechanics of Material, the most difficult class in sophomore grin. I kind really like shear force and bending moments, thanks to YouTube.
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by sirqeeboi(m): 12:55am On Apr 18, 2019
Kirchhoff01:

On top everything ..na y12 we dey find grin grin provide y12@250mm c/c
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by sirqeeboi(m): 1:00am On Apr 18, 2019
9jaRealist:
Birthday Wishes to Mrs. Adetiba, but....

SHE IS NOT THE FIRST FEMALE CIVIL ENGINEER IN NIGERIA!

The immediate past Head of the Federal Civil Service Ms. Ebele Okeke is...
She received her BSc (Civil Eng) in 1971, before Mrs. Adetiba's BSc (Civil Eng) in 1975.

>

She could be the first to earn the title of Eng ,receiving the degree first doesn't mean someone who obtained it after you can be Engr b4 you
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by IkpuMmadu: 1:18am On Apr 18, 2019
Mandeyy:

Thank you for pointing it out. You know they are loud and noisy

1 Like

Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by IkpuMmadu: 1:24am On Apr 18, 2019
DerideGull:
I do not and will not believe any story from Yoruba land that highlighted first-in-anything in Nigeria. Yoruba people are big loudmouthed group that can claim first to land on the moon if the opportunity presents itself.

LoL
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by IkpuMmadu: 1:25am On Apr 18, 2019
delpee:

She's not Yoruba. Just married to a Yoruba man.
Why should it matter anyway? Proud of her...a well accomplished lady.
She is not the 1st female civil engineer in Nigeria. Ebele Ofunneamaka Okeke who was the former Head of Service of Nigeria and also a native of Nnewi in Anambra State, is the 1st female civil engineer in Nigeria. Ebele graduated with a B.Sc in Civil Engineering from the University of Southampton, England in 1971, while Engr. (Mrs.) Mayen Modupeola Adetiba graduated from Columbia University School of Engineering, New York City, with a B.Sc in Civil Engineering in May 1975, four (4) years after Engr. (Mrs.) Ebele Okeke graduated. Let's stop twisting fact.

An Igbo woman is the 1st female civil engineer in Nigeria, not a yoruba woman.

1 Like

Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 1:50am On Apr 18, 2019
sirqeeboi:
She could be the first to earn the title of Eng ,receiving the degree first doesn't mean someone who obtained it after you can be Engr b4 you

Pretty unlikely that she would go abroad and study hard for the degree and then decided not to use it...
And given that she went ahead to add related post-graduate degrees later on in the 1970s, doubtful that she was not practicing.
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by AustineCJ: 2:36am On Apr 18, 2019
joepepsy:
Whats your qualification?
BSc Accounting, 2.2 graduate of Michael okpara university.
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by AngelitaAgos: 3:45am On Apr 18, 2019
Wonders

----//

Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by femi4: 5:12am On Apr 18, 2019
Kirchhoff01:

Strength of material is quite easy. Little or no calculations. If you talk about Fluid mechanics now, i ll understand
Re: Meet Mayen Adetiba, The First Female Civil Engineer In Nigeria by hakeem4(m): 6:00am On Apr 18, 2019
Kirchhoff01:

strength of material is the foundation for any civil engineer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beautiful Gallant Police Officer Trends On Facebook With Birthday Photos / Resigned After 2 Days, See Why / Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.