Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,938 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso (3945 Views)

Beautiful Lhasa Apso Puppies Up For Grab / Meet My Beautiful Damsel (troy) / Beautiful Lhasa Apso Puppies Available. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by johnnyn1(m): 9:33am On Apr 29, 2019
kelvinklen:
I have a Lahrsa too almost 2years ready to mate,pls what can I do, she is a female,thanks,I don’t know where I can see Lahrsa to mate her

Post a pics of her and also where is your location?
Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by theecaus(m): 10:24pm On May 03, 2019
Jackofall:

You are doing a good job bro.

And your dog is mostly black so full bathing won't really be a frequent event. I made the mistake of using ordinary water the first time I bath a dog(Beverly). She cried so much.

Keep it up. Where does she sleep?
thanks bro.
Huh okay then, I have plans of bathing her every week but it’s like I will extend it to maybe two weeks, yeah I read about that on beverly’s diary so I didn't make the same mistake.
Thank you. She sleeps in my room before but now she have her own space, a room self contain only for her alone grin grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by theecaus(m): 10:35pm On May 03, 2019
knyte:
Gemma Gemma
Pls give me back this girl cheesy
Well done for taking good care of her like you have done with your other dogs too
lol, I’m still thinking about it
Thanks bro, Dog still plenty for your kennel Wey I Dey cum carry no worry grin
Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by theecaus(m): 10:37pm On May 03, 2019
younghartz:
looks like my baby
Theresa �
wow beauty with an adorable name.
Theresa looks so good, how old is she?
Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by theecaus(m): 10:38pm On May 03, 2019
kelvinklen:
I have a Lahrsa too almost 2years ready to mate,pls what can I do, she is a female,thanks,I don’t know where I can see Lahrsa to mate her
where are you located?
Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 04, 2019
theecaus:
thanks bro.
Huh okay then, I have plans of bathing her every week but it’s like I will extend it to maybe two weeks, yeah I read about that on beverly’s diary so I didn't make the same mistake.
Thank you. She sleeps in my room before but now she have her own space, a room self contain only for her alone grin grin

Wow and she doesn't cry sleeping alone?? shocked

If I try that with my dog, within an hour she would start scratching the dog and whining for me to open it and sleep beside her.
Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by wizi44(m): 7:52pm On May 04, 2019
Gemma looks like a yorkie or a havanese
Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by theecaus(m): 8:23pm On May 05, 2019
Jackofall:

Wow and she doesn't cry sleeping alone?? shocked

If I try that with my dog, within an hour she would start scratching the dog and whining for me to open it and sleep beside her.
One thing about Gemma is she get to adapt to changes easily. She doesn’t cry at all the first time I start leaving her alone, the only time she cry is in the morning when she’s hearing my voice and I haven’t let her out of her room.
My dog doesn’t sleep in my bed even when she sleeps in my room, I only let her do that the day I brought her home, I always fear that she’ll fall off the bed maybe when I’m asleep cause Gemma like to dey waka waka about grin grin

1 Like

Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by theecaus(m): 8:25pm On May 05, 2019
wizi44:
Gemma looks like a yorkie or a havanese
I guess they belong to the same category so they somewhat how may look alike lol just saying my own, don’t know what you’re using to judge your point
Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by theecaus(m): 8:32pm On May 05, 2019
There’s something I notice about Gemma, she’s fearless. She doesn’t get to stop doing things when you shout at her, I notice lately when I or my brother try to stop her anytime she’s trying to bite our legs by shouting at her especially my brother, she will face him and start barking, same thing if she’s trying to reach for my hand and I’m not letting her, she will start barking at me.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 06, 2019
theecaus:
There’s something I notice about Gemma, she’s fearless. She doesn’t get to stop doing things when you shout at her, I notice lately when I or my brother try to stop her anytime she’s trying to bite our legs by shouting at her especially my brother, she will face him and start barking, same thing if she’s trying to reach for my hand and I’m not letting her, she will start barking at me.

Dogs have different kind of. barks with different meanings. If you pay close attention to the bark when she is calling your attention to the bark when an intruder is around, it's different.

The bark for desire or calling your attention is usually high pitched with some other sounds in the mix, I don't know how to describe it...

When you start paying attention to her different barks, you would begin to know what each means.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by johnnyn1(m): 1:08pm On May 09, 2019
Absolutely correct
Jackofall:

Dogs have different kind of. barks with different meanings. If you pay close attention to the bark when she is calling your attention to the bark when an intruder is around, it's different.

The bark for desire or calling your attention is usually high pitched with some other sounds in the mix, I don't know how to describe it...

When you start paying attention to her different barks, you would begin to know what each means.
Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by theecaus(m): 2:40pm On May 09, 2019
Jackofall:

yes that’s true, I agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by theecaus(m): 9:39am On Jul 07, 2019
Hello Fam, happy Sunday! It’s been a while. I have been busy with exams and few projects over the time so I don’t have much time to upload Gemma here.
I had to leave Gemma at home with my brother and travel for some weeks and he really took care of Gemma more than I will even take care of her lol.
Gemma is doing well and being the usual obedient girl that she’s always been, when I get back I noticed Gemma has really grown big and fat that I can’t even believe my eye lol she look like kitchen stool now(apoti) also she’s become more playful and active as well, she charge every visitor that comes home now grin
Over the time that I was away Gemma had a little illness though it’s not a serious one it’s Myiasis(it’s the infestation of fly maggots or grubs on another living thing) it got I and my brother scared that I had to come home the second day he noticed the stuff on her, all thanks to mr Knyte I called him immediately we notice the maggots on her and he made me understand it’s nothing to worry so much about and he advised me to take her to the vet, I took her to the vet for proper consultation and she was well taken care of. Since then Gemma have been living her happy and playful life lol.
I will share her recent pic for you guys to see

2 Likes

Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by theecaus(m): 9:41am On Jul 07, 2019
Hello Fam, happy Sunday! It’s been a while. I have been busy with exams and few projects over the time so I don’t have much time to upload Gemma here.
I had to leave Gemma at home with my brother and travel for some weeks and he really took care of Gemma more than I will even take care of her lol.
Gemma is doing well and being the usual obedient girl that she’s always been, when I get back I noticed Gemma has really grown big and fat that I can’t even believe my eye lol she look like kitchen stool now(apoti) also she’s become more playful and active as well, she charge every visitor that comes home now grin
Over the time that I was away Gemma had a little illness though it’s not a serious one it’s Myiasis(it’s the infestation of fly maggots or grubs on another living thing) it got I and my brother scared that I had to come home the second day he noticed the stuff on her, all thanks to mr Knyte I called him immediately we notice the maggots on her and he made me understand it’s nothing to worry so much about and he advised me to take her to the vet, I took her to the vet for proper consultation and she was well taken care of. Since then Gemma have been living her happy and playful life lol.
Gemma will clock 5months in few days, I will share her recent pic for you guys to see

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by johnnyn1(m): 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2019
Oh Gemma look so adorable kiss kissHer furry hairs are tagging along too..
She is growing so fast..
Keep the good work bro..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 08, 2019
theecaus:
Gemma will clock 5months in few days, I will share her recent pic for you guys to see

Lovely!!! So cute!!

2 Likes

Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by theecaus(m): 7:36am On Jul 09, 2019
Thanks chief
johnnyn1:
Oh Gemma look so adorable kiss kissHer furry hairs are tagging along too..
She is growing so fast..
Keep the good work bro..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by johnnyn1(m): 9:26am On Jul 09, 2019
How I wish Gemma is by.
theecaus:
Thanks chief
Where is Gemma location honorable?
Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by theecaus(m): 2:35pm On Jul 11, 2019
Gemma is located in IB
johnnyn1:
How I wish Gemma is by.
Where is Gemma location honorable?

1 Like

Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by knyte(m): 9:46pm On Jul 19, 2019
theecaus:

I will share her recent pic for you guys to see

Good job man,,Gem Gem is growing to be a stunning girl You are doing a great job with her

3 Likes

Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by theecaus(m): 8:13am On Jul 22, 2019
Thanks a lot boss, na you lol
knyte:

Good job man,,Gem Gem is growing to be a stunning girl You are doing a great job with her
Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by theecaus(m): 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone, Happy new week! Have a good week and a blessed one.
So my brother advised to go cut Gemma hair a lil cause it’s much and dark and he’s always scared of stepping on her in the midnight lol
Guys Gemma refuses to eat kibbles till this age, I don’t know what her problem is she only eat fish mixed with noodles,egg and milk very well and she always follow everyone with plate around the house like she will eat the food, her matter tire me. I gave her cake last night and she keeps coming for more.
Check out Gemma at 5month and few weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 30, 2019
theecaus:
Hello everyone, Happy new week! Have a good week and a blessed one.
So my brother advised to go cut Gemma hair a lil cause it’s much and dark and he’s always scared of stepping on her in the midnight lol
Guys Gemma refuses to eat kibbles till this age, I don’t know what her problem is she only eat fish mixed with noodles,egg and milk very well and she always follow everyone with plate around the house like she will eat the food, her matter tire me. I gave her cake last night and she keeps coming for more.
Check out Gemma at 5month and few weeks.

Wow she is growing well. When I get back to ibadan I will see you.

The solution to your dog's selecting food is simple. Chop the fish and egg into very small pieces and pour it in the kibbles. Mix everything up very well so she won't be able to pick out the fish easily. She won't have a choice but to eat it all together. Berverly does the same , she doesnt like kibbles(diamond and fidog petty) but I always add what she likes to the kibbles itself

1 Like

Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by johnnyn1(m): 7:37am On Jul 30, 2019
What a beauty..
Gemma’s is a fine lovely girl..
Falling in love with the black coat.
Nice one bro
Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by johnnyn1(m): 7:39am On Jul 30, 2019
Tried it before with my little girl she will easily licked of the fish, meat or whatever I added .
But I will re introduce it next month.
Jackofall:

Wow she is growing well. When I get back to ibadan I will see you.

The solution to your dog's selecting food is simple. Chop the fish and egg into very small pieces and pour it in the kibbles. Mix everything up very well so she won't be able to pick out the fish easily. She won't have a choice but to eat it all together. Berverly does the same , she doesnt like kibbles(diamond and fidog petty) but I always add what she likes to the kibbles itself
Re: Meet Gemma, My Beautiful Lhasa Apso by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 30, 2019
johnnyn1:
Tried it before with my little girl she will easily licked of the fish, meat or whatever I added .
But I will re introduce it next month.

Let me explain.

Every dog will try to select what to eat if you give them plenty options to pick from. As a dog owner you have to train and discipline yourself and everybody in the house not to feed the dog outside its food bowl.

The moment you or any house member starts feeding the dog outside its food bowl(that is, giving the dog food directly from your hand or on the floor) the dog will begin to learn that she can eat elsewhere other than her food bowl , you have successfully created an abundance of options for your dog by feeding outside its food bowl. Abundance of options is what encourages a dog to keep selecting. If you train yourself you will resist the urge to feed your dog off your hands or off the floor or wherever outside the food bowl. Learn to discipline yourself and see changes .

No matter how she picks off the fish she will eat small of her kibbles , that's good enough and better than eating none of it at all

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pure Spectacular Neapolitan Mastiff Bonanza / Adult Brindle Male Boerboel For Sale In Lagos / Extra Territorial Rott,4th Attack This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.