Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 (1867 Views)

30 Days CODE Challenge (august 2 - August 31st) / 100 Days Of Code Challenge / TeamApt Code Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Nobody: 3:16am On Apr 18, 2019
here is my blueprint on my first 100 days of code challenge:

Nb:I have a strong knowledge on webdesign and javascript I included them in the plan beacuase i want to build more projects with them.

Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Nobody: 3:18am On Apr 18, 2019
DAY 1 APRIL 17

>Last 24hrs:
• I started introduction to react course using https://scrimba.com/g/glearnreact website I COVER the first 10 module of the course.

>Next 24hrs: APRIL 18

• I Will be continue with my react learning covering another 10 modules of the coure.
• I will Re-learn ES6 {DESTRUCTURING,SPREAD OPERATOR,ARROW FUNCTION AND REST OPERATOR}again using wesbox and maximiilian resource on ES6
• i WILL CONTINUE MY CSS3 COURSE ON FREECODECAMP
• i will cover the basic Module in Advanced css course by maximillian.

>Key take aways:
• I understood how to create functional component in react.

>Challenges:
• My laptop has no backup as a result It becomes an offence for me to sleep when power is on.Nepa determine my learning duration.
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by afuye(m): 9:09am On Apr 18, 2019
Do you have prior Javascript coding experience ?
codemind101:
DAY 1 APRIL 17

>Last 24hrs:
• I started introduction to react course using https://scrimba.com/g/glearnreact website I COVER the first 10 module of the course.

>Next 24hrs: APRIL 18

• I Will be continue with my react learning covering another 10 modules of the coure.
• I will Re-learn ES6 {DESTRUCTURING,SPREAD OPERATOR,ARROW FUNCTION AND REST OPERATOR}again using wesbox and maximiilian resource on ES6
• i WILL CONTINUE MY CSS3 COURSE ON FREECODECAMP
• i will cover the basic Module in Advanced css course by maximillian.

>Key take aways:
• I understood how to create functional component in react.

>Challenges:
• My laptop has no backup as a result It becomes an offence for me to sleep when power is on.Nepa determine my learning duration.
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by elvisimeh(m): 9:36am On Apr 18, 2019
Good!
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by tollyboy5(m): 9:38am On Apr 18, 2019
nice one. i use sololearn an w3school ill try the site you shared also. javascript is not that easy also
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 18, 2019
tollyboy5:
nice one. i use sololearn an w3school ill try the site you shared also. javascript is not that easy also
It truly isn't very hard
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Olalekank(m): 11:28am On Apr 18, 2019
This is a great one!

I should also give something like this a shot!

I'd be going on a 30 days of code, I'd try to share my daily updates and whatever it is I'm working on.

It's meant to be flutter but because of a bad laptop, it'd just be reactjs and nodejs mainly.

I hope I'd be consistent enough as school work is taking my time also.
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Wonderlandz: 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2019
codemind101:
here is my blueprint on my first 100 days of code challenge:

Nb:I have a strong knowledge on webdesign and javascript I included them in the plan beacuase i want to build more projects with them.

Bro please I'm stuck I need your help, I want to go into programming I have kmowlege of HTML5 and CSS

But I want to be an andriod developer and I was told Java is the way foward but on the other hand I was also told Java would not be too used in near future again as other programming languages are slowly taking over, there by making it almost a waste of time now to study Java, but then I want to be a full stack andriod developer,

I was adviced to instead learn Javascript as it is more better, cleaner and has more properly organized syntax than Java.

Now I don't know what to do. I'm stuck, frustrated and depressed. Some people say go with python because it's easy but I don't see what I can build with python compare to the practical core implementations I can make with Java (through andriod dev) and web development with Javascript.

Please advice me
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
afuye:
Do you have prior Javascript coding experience ?

yea I have like 85% to 95% knowledge of JavaScript
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2019
Olalekank:
This is a great one!

I should also give something like this a shot!

I'd be going on a 30 days of code, I'd try to share my daily updates and whatever it is I'm working on.

It's meant to be flutter but because of a bad laptop, it'd

just be reactjs and nodejs mainly.

I hope I'd be consistent enough as school work is taking my time also.

nice one bro give it a trial

just ensure u do sometin everyday against all odds even if na small learning it will go a long way bro

1 Like

Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 18, 2019
tollyboy5:

i was told the same thing when I wanted to start but after starting and not given up I realized that with the right material and right mindset i t will be easier though I suffer for JavaScript hand ooo but it pays off at least now I can. learn on my own and also teach people

I have train over 10 people JavaScript to a good level.

so bro u got to deaf ur ear to people telling u it is hard and then face ur fear

fear it u will not die and it won't kill u

1 Like

Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2019
Wonderlandz:

Bro please I'm stuck I need your help, I want to go into programming I have kmowlege of HTML5 and CSS

But I want to be an andriod developer and I was told Java is the way foward but on the other hand I was also told Java would not be too used in near future again as other programming languages are slowly taking over, there by making it almost a waste of time now to study Java, but then I want to be a full stack andriod developer,

I was adviced to instead learn Javascript as it is more better, cleaner and has more properly organized syntax than Java.

Now I don't know what to do. I'm stuck, frustrated and depressed. Some people say go with python because it's easy but I don't see what I can build with python compare to the practical core implementations I can make with Java (through andriod dev) and web development with Javascript.

Please advice me

Learn java, that is my advice. Java is going no where. Java is a very powerful programming language. The fact that kotlin is heavily promoted by google to make it the primary language of android development doesn't mean Java won't be used for android development again. In fact, java is very useful language to develop a well secured software. Please, don't be confused. The only thing that can make you bow out for Java is its verbosity. So, Java is fun.
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Olalekank(m): 3:58pm On Apr 18, 2019
Wonderlandz

Java is still very much in use.
Lots of android application on the playstore is created with java as well as enterprise applications using spring boot.

If you know your game, you'd go very far with it.

JavaScript also has its strength. You can use it both on client and server side (front end and back end). In addition to this, you can use it in creating mobile applications using React Native (android + iOS).

If you're interested in getting a job as fast as possible, my advice would be to learn JavaScript (then a framework and probably React Native if you're interested in mobile completely) but if you have reasons to go with Java, then I advice you to go with it.

I'm not saying you won't get a job with java though.
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Wonderlandz: 6:01pm On Apr 18, 2019
Olalekank:
Wonderlandz

Lots of android application on the playstore is created with java as well as enterprise applications using spring boot.

JavaScript also has its strength. You can use it both on client and server side (front end and back end). In addition to this, you can use it in creating mobile applications using React Native (android + iOS).

If you're interested in getting a job as fast as possible, my advice would be to learn JavaScript (then a framework and probably React Native if you're interested in mobile completely) but if you have reasons to go with Java, then I advice you to go with it.

Thanks so much sir I think this settles it. Javascript it is at all cost! Phew! Glad to know I can use JS for mobile dev as well! Are you into programming as well?
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Wonderlandz: 6:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
dayo2me:

Learn java, that is my advice. Java is going no where. Java is a very powerful programming language. The fact that kotlin is heavily promoted by google to make it the primary language of android development doesn't mean Java won't be used for android development again. In fact, java is very useful language to develop a well secured software. Please, don't be confused. The only thing that can make you bow out for Java is its verbosity. So, Java is fun.

Thanks a lot sir! Input much appreciated!
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Wonderlandz: 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
codemind101:

Bro good evening, can I contact you please? I would like you to be my mentor sir
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Olalekank(m): 6:27pm On Apr 18, 2019
Wonderlandz:

Thanks so much sir I think this settles it. Javascript it is at all cost! Phew! Glad to know I can use JS for mobile dev as well! Are you into programming as well?
Yes Sir
I do a bit of coding also
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by afuye(m): 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
Then you are good to go considering the short time you set for yourself
codemind101:

Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Nobody: 12:45am On Apr 19, 2019
codemind101:

i was told the same thing when I wanted to start but after starting and not given up I realized that with the right material and right mindset i t will be easier though I suffer for JavaScript hand ooo but it pays off at least now I can. learn on my own and also teach people

I have train over 10 people JavaScript to a good level.

so bro u got to deaf ur ear to people telling u it is hard and then face ur fear

fear it u will not die and it won't kill u
Let's see some of your projects
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 19, 2019
modestbrowser:

Let's see some of your projects

well I have none to show the goal is not to show but inspire many to become better in their journey to become a developer .

if I will be sharing any project it will be the ones I developed during the 100 days of code.
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 19, 2019
morning my fellow people.I don't know who need to hear this .

I have been rejected many times by the senior developer I sent a mentorship request to .some reply and promise to get in touch some never did .

did that stop me from moving forward definitely no .

here is a screen short of some of the messages I sent out .

just three out of many

so if u feel bad u are alone please don't give up and that is why I will be starting a general 100 days of code to inspire many aspiring developer like me.

I am not a beginner in the field though the learning is still a long process .but I was not where I was when I started I have built close 8 websites for clients and I have organise two JavaScript training.I want to inspire people .because I know what it felt like learning without a guilds to the seniors in the house please let do this together

ever since I have open this trend I have got some mesage s of people who are confused on what to learn how to learn and when to start to apply for jobs .

I will created another trend for the 100 days code challenge no t for me but for whoever is ready to learn
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 19, 2019
here is one of them
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 19, 2019
codemind101:
here is one of them
Let's see website projects
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Olalekank(m): 9:18am On Apr 19, 2019
modestbrowser:

Let's see website projects
On a neutral ground

Why are you so interesting in seeing projects?
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 19, 2019
Olalekank:

On a neutral ground

Why are you so interesting in seeing projects?
That's the measure
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by y4code(m): 5:06pm On Apr 20, 2019
any programming school within berger to ikeja axis where i can learn jave n jave script for software development n engineering??
Re: My First {100 Days Of Code-challenge } April 17 - July 25 by FatherCHRISTMAS: 1:00am On Apr 26, 2019
Olalekank:
Wonderlandz

following

(1) (Reply)

Data Scientist Only / Please Web Developers Take A Look At My Resume / Create A Virus In Less Than 60seconds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.