Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:33 AM

Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North (23116 Views)

Super Eagles Most Talented Team I’ve Ever Coached – Peseiro / Top 10 Most Decorated Footballers In The World / 10 Footballers Whose Greed And Lifestyle Ruined Their Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North by gentlezypher: 9:19pm On Apr 18, 2019
BrutusOj:
Shift make I see road jaree.. U think all parts of Plateau is Jos? mention the name of your area in Jos let me see. I person go the mangu abi Kanke go de claim J town.
lol,oga i no get time to argue with you ok, FYI i am in rayfield, and i have engangements that take me round jos ok, you can keep on ranting behind ur keyboard,jos that u can hardly see grass fields around, is it the one at bukuru, or the one in zang commercial sec schl? Infact the only true academy here is the one owned by meepalace, that has good set up.
Re: Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North by Elemosho478: 9:28pm On Apr 18, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Why do Afonja lie like their father, the devil?
Chai.

Abedi pele won it in 1992 n 1993.

George weah won it in 1994 and 1995.

A yoruba man has never won Africa best player, only IGBOS have won that award from Nigeria. Do ur research.

What I was trying to say is that he was the first Nigerian to won it.

We lead while others follow grin

Re: Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2019
Elemosho478:

What the hell is wrong with this Afonja?

Stop reading trash from Wikipedia, it's an online Encyclopedia where anyone on earth can write articles n upload there. Also anyone can edit those same articles any time they want and even delete it as well

Rashidi Gemini never ever won beat player in African in his entire career, Abedi Pele won it in 1993.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/full-list-african-footballer-of-the-year-winners.html
Re: Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North by Elemosho478: 9:54pm On Apr 18, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Stop reading trash from Wikipedia, it's an online Encyclopedia where anyone on earth can write articles n upload there. Also anyone can edit those same articles any time they want and even delete it as well

Rashidi Gemini never ever won beat player in African in his entire career, Abedi Pele won it in 1993.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/full-list-african-footballer-of-the-year-winners.html

Rashidi Yekini was the first Nigerian to won it and it is all over the net, Wikipedia will always be 100% reliable than Daily trust any time any day grin grin grin, a pain or not too bright Journalist could have written that page on Daily trust

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Rashidi-Yekini

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.brila.net/rashidi-yekini-nigeria-remembers-the-legendary-gangling-striker/amp/
Re: Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North by OMANBALA1: 10:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
Elemosho478:

He never won't it. Great striker but never won AFOY.
Re: Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North by OMANBALA1: 10:07pm On Apr 18, 2019
1990: Roger Milla (St Denis, Reunion and Cameroon)

1991: Abedi Pele Ayew (Olympique Marseille, France and Ghana)

1992: Abedi Pele Ayew (Olympique Marseille, France and Ghana)

1993: Abedi Pele Ayew (Olympique Lyonnaise, France and Ghana)

1994: George Weah (Paris St Germain, France and Liberia) and Emmanuel Amunike (Sporting Lisbon, Portugal and Nigeria)

1995: George Weah (AC Milan, Italy and Liberia)

Forget Wikipedia.....Its not a reliable source. Yeking never won African Footballer of the year.
Re: Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North by donbenie(m): 10:08pm On Apr 18, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Yekini was actually the First Nigerian Player to Win African Footballer of the year,
African Footballer Of the year and Africa Best Player was not on and the same Award..

Yekini Won African Footballer of the year 1993,Abedi Pele won African Best Player 1993..
The African Footballer of the year award was started in 1993 by CAF and Yekini was the first winner,
African Best Player was the original Award for best player in Africa and awarded by France Football Magazine..
They stopped it in 1995,so in 1993,1994 and 1995 there were dual winners..Abedi and Yekini in 1993,Amunike and Weah in 1994 and Weah won both in the last dual edition in 1995.. shocked
Re: Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North by donbenie(m): 10:13pm On Apr 18, 2019
OMANBALA1:
1990: Roger Milla (St Denis, Reunion and Cameroon)

1991: Abedi Pele Ayew (Olympique Marseille, France and Ghana)

1992: Abedi Pele Ayew (Olympique Marseille, France and Ghana)

1993: Abedi Pele Ayew (Olympique Lyonnaise, France and Ghana)

1994: George Weah (Paris St Germain, France and Liberia) and Emmanuel Amunike (Sporting Lisbon, Portugal and Nigeria)

1995: George Weah (AC Milan, Italy and Liberia)

Forget Wikipedia.....Its not a reliable source. Yeking never won African Footballer of the year.
Actually he did,

He was the first Winner of the African Footballer of the Year Award..

All others before him won the African Best Player Award..

They were actually two different awards,CAF started African Footballer of the year in 1993 and Yekini was the first winner..

Abedi Pele won Africa Best Player 1993,the original Award which was usually Awarded by France Football Magazine..

And Amunike did not win African Best Player 1994,he won African Footballer of the Year 1994 ,Weah won African Best Player 1994..

1995 was the last year African Best Player was Awarded and Weah won both Awards as well as the Balon d'r and World Footballer of the Year..
Re: Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North by Elemosho478: 10:17pm On Apr 18, 2019

Re: Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North by BrutusOj(m): 11:46pm On Apr 18, 2019
gentlezypher:
lol,oga i no get time to argue with you ok, FYI i am in rayfield, and i have engangements that take me round jos ok, you can keep on ranting behind ur keyboard,jos that u can hardly see grass fields around, is it the one at bukuru, or the one in zang commercial sec schl? Infact the only true academy here is the one owned by meepalace, that has good set up.
So, where there are no academy implies no tallent abi? Whether grass or no grass, Jos weather is very friendly for footballers. Jos kids dont know sunny weather or cold weather, they play football at all time. There is no empty fields in primary, secondary and tertiary institutions in Jos. Street competitions are constantly going on from season to season. Jos is known for producing talents, from music to football.
Re: Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North by gentlezypher: 12:06am On Apr 19, 2019
BrutusOj:
So, where there are no academy implies no tallent abi? Whether grass or no grass, Jos weather is very friendly for footballers. Jos kids dont know sunny weather or cold weather, they play football at all time. There is no empty fields in primary, secondary and tertiary institutions in Jos. Street competitions are constantly going on from season to season. Jos is known for producing talents, from music to football.
argue with yourself,next time dont hide behind your keyboard and make bold false claims,you already assumed i live in kanke when,if care is not taken,i may know jos more than you do,
I just had to clear you on the fact that i live in jos and nothing like wasting talents on the streets, there is a huge difference between 5 aside 'mocking post' (monkey post) games and academy trained footballers,as seen in other (eastern and western) part of nigeria compared to what you get here in jos in particular......

Peace~~~
Re: Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North by umarshehu58(m): 6:14am On Apr 19, 2019
itsIYKE:
Atleast u said MAYBE...cos I know u are a shoe shinner

Shoe shining better than doing illegal business claiming hardwork. Wawa
Re: Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North by kingcalors(m): 10:42am On Apr 19, 2019
chimjoshjuan:
Coach Usman Yinka Salihu, a former Nigerian International, has revealed that the most talented footballers in Nigeria are in the north as answered a question on why players of northern extraction hardly feature prominently in the Super Eagles.Salihu who stated that most talented footballers in Nigeria are in the north, added that the players themselves do not have the right attitude that would take them to the pinnacle of their chosen career.

The BCC Lions of Gboko star who played a prominent role in the national U-23 team of his generation, said players based in the north are highly talented but are hardly scouted by national team coaches. He further revealed that most of the players are easily contented with whatever they have achieved, and would prefer to play in the north to going elsewhere in search of greener pastures.He told Daily Trust;

“In my opinion the main problem with northern players is their attitude. It is a fact that no matter the ability you have, without the right attitude that ability will amount to nothing. They like to play without restrictions. Once you try to impose discipline on them, they tend not to perform well. Most are of them are more comfortable playing in the north where they can come to training anytime they want and when it is convenient for them.“However, there is no doubting the fact that the best talents in Nigerian football are in the north. Sometimes they are discovered and taken out but because their orientation is the same, they hardly flourish,” he said.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/04/18/most-talented-footballers-in-nigeria-are-in-the-north-coach-usman-yinka-salihu/

Tramadole & Codine is excessively working. Maybe marijuana was also combined. No wonder.
Re: Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North by olaolaking: 2:20pm On Apr 19, 2019
donbenie:
Atlanta 96,US 94,Tunisia 94,France 98cheesy
Mention the players that are igbos so that we can be sure
Re: Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North by olaolaking: 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2019
RTSC:

No they are itshekiri from delta state.
Dont mind the people claiming Okocha is igbo
Re: Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North by donbenie(m): 2:41pm On Apr 19, 2019
olaolaking:
Mention the players that are igbos so that we can be sure
Google is your friend.. undecided

Am sure you know an Igbo name when you see one.. cool
Re: Usman Yinka Salihu: Most Talented Footballers In Nigeria Are In The North by donbenie(m): 2:47pm On Apr 19, 2019
olaolaking:
Dont mind the people claiming Okocha is igbo
No,Okocha na Yoruba.

If he was a Criminal, you would know which Tribe to call him.. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Paul Onuachu Celebrates His 26th Birthday Today (Photos) / Top Ten Smoking Footballers: Jack Wilshere, Lionel Messi And More Seth Williams / Why FIFA Banned Samson Siasia By Naptu2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.