Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,710 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

Islamic Rulings On Birth Control - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Rulings On Birth Control (9976 Views)

Islamic Rulings On Dealing With The Ex-wife / Islamic Rulings On Buying And Selling Akube/okirika Clothes / Rulings On Abortion In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Lukgaf(m): 7:50am On Apr 18, 2019
One of us here, Mr (kyrianken) on Thursday have one of his post on FT named "The Need For Birth Control" (see, https://www.nairaland.com/5140151/need-birth-control).

A Muslim should not just take decision based on analysis of men for only Allah is free of error. He is Most wise who have knowledge of the unseen and know perfectly what we have no knowledge of. Muslims, before taking decision or being carried away with men analysis are advised to have a look about the Islamic ruling on birth control to have a well understanding about the topic (particularly when it is allowed in Islam).
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Lukgaf(m): 7:51am On Apr 18, 2019
Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

What the Muslims should do is to have as many children as they can, because this is the command issued by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) when he said, “Marry the one who is loving and fertile, for I will be proud of your great numbers.” Because increasing the number of children increases the size of the ummah, and being of great numbers is a source of pride, as Allaah said, reminding the Children of Israel of that (interpretation of the meaning):

“And We helped you with wealth and children and made you more numerous in man-power” [al-Israa’ 17:6]

And Shu’ayb said to his people:

“ ‘And remember when you were but few, and He multiplied you’”

[al-A’raaf 7:86 – interpretation of the meaning]

No one would deny that if the ummah is great in number this will lend it pride and strength. This is contrary to what is imagined by those who think evil thoughts, that the large numbers of the ummah is the cause of its poverty and hunger. If the ummah increases in number and relies on Allaah, and believes in His promise, in the aayah “And no moving (living) creature is there on earth but its provision is due from Allaah” [Hood 11:6 – interpretation of the meaning], then Allaah will make things easy for them and will grant them sufficient means from His Bounty.

On this basis, the answer to the question is as follows:

A woman should not use birth control pills unless the following two conditions are met:

(1)She should have a reason for that such as being sick and unable to bear a pregnancy every year, or being physically weak, or having other reasons why getting pregnant every year would be harmful for her.

(2) Her husband should give his permission, because the husband has the right to have children. This must also be done in consultation with a doctor, to find out whether taking these pills will be harmful to her or not.

If these two conditions are met, then it is OK for her to use these pills, but that should not be on a permanent basis, i.e., she should not use the type of birth control pills that prevent pregnancy permanently, because this is preventing progeny.

(Fataawa al-Mar’ah al-Muslimah, 2/657, 658)

Concerning the harms caused by contraception, the Shaykh (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

Birth control pills: I have heard from a number of sources that doctors say they are harmful. Even if we do not know this from the doctors, we know it from ourselves, because preventing something natural that Allaah has created and decreed for the daughters of Adam is undoubtedly harmful. Allaah is Wise, and He has only created this blood which flows at certain times for a reason. If we prevent it with these medicines, that is harmful without a doubt.

But I have heard that the matter is worse than we imagine, that they may be a means of damaging the womb, and a means of causing nervous disorders. This is something we must beware of.

(Liqaa’ al-Baab al-Maftooh, question no. 1147)

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked:

What is the ruling on removing the uterus in order to avoid having children for medical reasons which are either present, or may occur in the future and have been predicted by medical and scientific means?

He answered: if that is necessary, then it is OK, otherwise it should not be done, because the Lawgiver urges us to have children and promotes that in order to increase the size of the ummah. But if there is a necessary reason then it is OK, just as it is permissible to use means of contraception for a limited time for a legitimate shar’i reason. (9/434)

What is said concerning the birth control pill may also be said concerning the coil. It has been definitely proven by the doctors that this contraceptive method causes harm, especially when it is used continually. It is known that the woman who has a coil inserted has an increased flow of menstrual blood, and her period may come twice a month, which causes an iron deficiency in her body. Iron is one of the important minerals which the body needs. Some women may become anaemic when they use the coil and it makes their periods longer, resulting in the woman losing a large amount of blood and thus a large amount of the iron stored in the body. It has also been proven that many women suffer infections of the uterus as a result of using the coil. Despite all this, a woman may become pregnant with the coil in place, as has happened to a number of women. We ask Allaah to keep us safe and sound.

And Allaah knows best.

As extracted from IslamQA.

In conclusion, we are aware some non-Muslim will come here to abuse, curse and talk ill about Islam without prior knowledge of what Islam means. You are kindly advised to be objective while reading. In essence, while reading, do not forget to remove any hatred lenses you are wearing about Islam. This will enable you see the truth.

May Allah guide us all.

Wasalam Alaykum Waramotulah wabarakatuh

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:11am On Apr 18, 2019
Jazaak Allaah khayran Aboo 'Abdallah for this piece. What about the ruling on 'Azl (Coitus interruptus) and rubber?

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by sarahade(f): 8:25am On Apr 18, 2019
Nobody is telling you not to have children as many as you want sef as long às you can cater for them.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Blakjewelry(m): 8:57am On Apr 18, 2019
I don't really like attacking people base on their belief system but what op just wrote up there is one of the most stupid thing I have ever heard.
no wonder there is so much poverty and overpopulation in the north. Nigeria's population is overshooting its boundaries and its major worry which I think its a major problem which I think the government is over looking but your comment shows its a deliberate act since most of our leaders are from the north

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Rashduct4luv(m): 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2019
Blakjewelry:
I don't really like attacking people base on their belief system but what op just wrote up there is one of the most stupid thing I have ever heard.
no wonder there is so much poverty and overpopulation in the north. Nigeria's population is overshooting its boundaries and its major worry which I think its a major problem which I think the government is over looking but your comment shows its a deliberate act since most of our leaders are from the north

if Nigeria is overpopulated at around 200 million people then China is what at 1.4 billion people?

The region is so poor yet has the richest man in Africa!

Focus more on leadership issues!

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Blakjewelry(m): 2:06pm On Apr 18, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

if Nigeria is overpopulated at around 200 million people then China is what at 1.4 billion people?

thank you for quoting me. first compare China's land mass to Nigeria land mass. China is 10 times larger than Nigeria with a population of about 1.3 down from their previous 1.8 billion high. you see going by that calculations you will see its about 1.3k on the same landmass nigeria is currently occupying, not forgetting that they have real statistical data to back theirs whereas we are only using estimated data. my take is considering amount of people leaving Nigeria daily we are already approaching 250 million, also even with all their financial and technological development they still see the need to cut down population growth.

in a thread here on nairaland I pointed out some of the thing kept population in check in past that no longer affective in today's world hence the need for artificial control. everyday we runaway to countries who trying hard to control their population, when we refused to do same back home.

one of major problem we have here in Nigeria is the exponential growth of the population while the country infrastructure was stagnant, now government is try to catch with it limited resources but will continued to fail because because while you provide job for 10 youths, you have over 5million becoming adult that same year so how can you cope.
until we decides to act in modern time and not let some ancient book written Based on the happening in that particular era govern our thinking ability, we are going to be here for a long time

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
Blakjewelry:

thank you for quoting me. first compare China's land mass to Nigeria land mass. China is 10 times larger than Nigeria with a population of about 1.3 down from their previous 1.8 billion high. you see going by that calculations you will see its about 1.3k on the same landmass nigeria is currently occupying, not forgetting that they have real statistical data to back theirs whereas we are only using estimated data. my take is considering amount of people leaving Nigeria daily we are already approaching 250 million, also even with all their financial and technological development they still see the need to cut down population growth.

in a thread here on nairaland I pointed out some of the thing kept population in check in past that no longer affective in today's world hence the need for artificial control. everyday we runaway to countries who trying hard to control their population, when we refused to do same back home.

one of major problem we have here in Nigeria is the exponential growth of the population while the country infrastructure was stagnant, now government is try to catch with it limited resources but will continued to fail because because while you provide job for 10 youths, you have over 5million becoming adult that same year so how can you cope.
until we decides to act in modern time and not let some ancient book written Based on the happening in that particular era govern our thinking ability, we are going to be here for a long time

We are about 200 million and not 250 million. As people are being born people die too and especially in the north.
And the ancient book you are against is what is being used by millions of Muslims in South west Nigeria and other Muslim countries of the world.

Whose fault is the infrastructural stagnation? And how do you act in modern times?

We do more of imports than creating industries. Whose fault?

We are going to be here for a short while! You can die anytime. Cardiac arest, Malaria, Typhoid, Cholera,...unknown causes!

1 Like

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Lukgaf(m): 5:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
Rashduct4luv:
Jazaak Allaah khayran Aboo 'Abdallah for this piece. What about the ruling on 'Azl (Coitus interruptus) and rubber?

Wa antum fajazakumLah khaeran Sir. As you have taught us sir, coupled with what we heard from our scholars. 'Azl and use of condom are permissible if not done in fear of poverty and does satisfies the conditions highlighted above in the main post.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by tintingz(m): 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

And China are not into birth control?

China were having problems with their population they had to give one-child policy(now two-child policy).

If you think over-population is not a problem to a country economy then you have a problem.

And FYI the richest man in that region is busy establishing his business in another region that are more economically developing. The irony.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by tintingz(m): 9:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
OP the greatest evil is having many children and can't cater for them, example is the northern Nigeria, we can see the problems that's affecting them.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by tintingz(m): 10:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

We are about 200 million and not 250 million. As people are being born people die too and especially in the north.
What's the statistics of birth rate and death rate?

And the ancient book you are against is what is being used by millions of Muslims in South west Nigeria and other Muslim countries of the world.
So, how does this follow?

That ancient book is the cause of many problems in the Muslim world.

Whose fault is the infrastructural stagnation? And how do you act in modern times?
You act intellectually and advanced.

We do more of imports than creating industries. Whose fault?
Do you think overpopulation won't be a problem?

We are going to be here for a short while! You can die anytime. Cardiac arest, Malaria, Typhoid, Cholera,...unknown causes!
Does this mean one shouldn't live comfortably and happy, does this make life meaningless?

18 Likes

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 19, 2019
Rashduct4luv:

For making such comment, shows where our problem really is. So shallow.... we need to put common sense above beliefs sometimes.

Are you aware of China one child policy? Just to curb their birthrate?

If China could curb their birth rate with all the technologies and advancement, what really is your reason not to curb yours, since you have next to nothing.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Pavore9: 9:11am On Apr 19, 2019
Procreating without adequate provisions is the root cause of the vicious circle of poverty and easy recruits for criminal and terrorist groups.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Sterope(f): 9:13am On Apr 19, 2019
Do you think we live in a perfect world where madrasahs are run for free and markets give out free food?

I have a duty towards Allah to care for my kids that includes 'proper shelter', providing balanced diet and preparing them well for this competitive world. Which also translates to not having more kids than the wealth Allah has provided for. Even with wealth, not everyone has Allah given enough time and patience to care for kids.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Sterope(f): 9:15am On Apr 19, 2019
It is not a leadership issue.

We have more people than food. Which means, if food is made free globally, it will still not go round. Many people will still starve. How many families have you fed this day alone before talking about having more kids? People should stick to the number of kids Allah has provided for them to care for.

Rashduct4luv:

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by herzernIsHere: 9:24am On Apr 19, 2019
What the Muslims should do is to have as many children as they can, because this is the command issued by the Prophet

This is a very disturbing post.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by cutebobo(m): 9:26am On Apr 19, 2019
I am not a Muslim but in as much as the topic will affect me, I gat to contribute.

I find it higly stupid when you give birth to so many children when there are no resources to care for all. Islam is one of the causes of poverty in this nation.

Imagine what a man who could hardly feed himself and one wife with this wrong teaching do this society. They give birth to children who at the end of the day turns to armed robbers or terrorists to the nation owing to the fact that those who were supposed to cater for and help them in getting better future are lured into believing that you can have as many children as possible without proper resources.

Have you ever tried to find out why most of these Boko Haram agents get initiated in the first place. One of the many reasons is poverty. We have so many prostitutes just of this reason though not all.

You may try and argue that if you have enough money, you should still go ahead but the truth is money is not the only resources in catering for children.

Are you people so dumb that you can't even think straight. Must religion take over your brain.!!

Ban me if you want but I have spoken my mind.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by chibuzorAbia: 9:32am On Apr 19, 2019
OP haba! This is nonsense na!

This is the reason muslims are running away from their own poverty stricken countries to Christian countries.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by rowrowland: 9:37am On Apr 19, 2019
In Islam, the issue of marriage and procreation is a serious matter of faith and worship. It goes beyond personal whims as most people think(we have degenerated in understanding and piety).

The fear of poverty is the No.1 fear 99.99% of Muslims have- even the fear of Allah is way behind on the list. Presenting the original position of the deen concerning procreation will make sense to only a few. Living Islam has become a misnormal and everything is upside down. The justice that is required to actualise a balanced Muslim community is also not there.

The few who understand will do as commanded while the rest will continue to go with the flow. In the fullness of time the essence of the Islamic position will become obvious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by HitSong: 9:38am On Apr 19, 2019
[quote][/quote]
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by ibrutex(m): 9:45am On Apr 19, 2019
if you have let's say 5 kids at the moment , averagely you will be spending not less than 2k per day on feeding only.
cost of school fees is there ,transport ,hospital bills,Nepa bill,mobile recharge and other miscellaneous...even islamiat (ile kewu) is no longer free. I don't know how you will cope in this my country where gorvenment takes care of virtually nothing .

And please brothers save me the crap not to tell me the children comes with their own ATM in their hands at birth to take care of their needs .

BTW I'm a Muslim brother too.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by HitSong: 9:45am On Apr 19, 2019
Blakjewelry:
Don't be a liar and a hypocrite
FÙCK out of here if you are not a Muslim.
You think this rulings ia the cause of overpopulation in Nigeria? It is very silly and myopic to think that.
Consider the population of other Muslim countries
Dubai
Qatar
Kuwait
Saudi Arabia etc
Use your head!
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by HitSong: 9:46am On Apr 19, 2019
chibuzorAbia:
OP haba! This is nonsense na!

This is the reason muslims are running away from their own poverty stricken countries to Christian countries.
Take that shìt to your pastors
Advice those gay and pedophilè bishops first.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by HitSong: 9:47am On Apr 19, 2019
[s]
rowrowland:
In Islam, the issue of marriage and procreation is a serious matter of faith and worship. It goes beyond personal whims as most people think(we have degenerated in understanding and piety).

The fear of poverty is the No.1 fear 99.99% of Muslims have- even the fear of Allah is way behind on the list. Presenting the original position of the deen concerning procreation will make sense to only a few. Living Islam has become a misnormal and everything is upside down. The justice that is required to actualise a balanced Muslim community is also not there.

The few who understand will do as commanded while the rest will continue to go with the flow. In the fullness of time the essence of the Islamic position will become obvious.
[/s]
Lol
So many sick people on nairaland

4 Likes

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by mutaalim(m): 9:57am On Apr 19, 2019
Sterope:
Do you think we live in a perfect world where madrasahs are run for free and markets give out free food?

I have a duty towards Allah to care for my kids that includes 'proper shelter', providing balanced diet and preparing them well for this competitive world. Which also translates to not having more kids than the wealth Allah has provided for. Even with wealth, not everyone has Allah given enough time and patience to care for kids.

Kindly bear in mind that is Allah (SWT) in his infinite mercy that provide our sustainace, not by work or by struggle.
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Sterope(f): 10:04am On Apr 19, 2019
I agree. If he provides me enough to cater for just me and two kids or perhaps I am the kind of person who does not enjoy child rearing. I find myself in these scenarios, they are beyond me.

Unless it is a sin to use birth control, birth control is allowed.

mutaalim:

Kindly bear in mind that is Allah (SWT) in his infinite mercy that provide our sustainace, not by work or by struggle.

3 Likes

Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:13am On Apr 19, 2019
Blakjewelry:
keep quiet oga the explanation is ok and fair...before family planning couples shd agree and there are reasons for it... stop being mischievous...
Re: Islamic Rulings On Birth Control by Vulcanheph(m): 10:13am On Apr 19, 2019
Blakjewelry:

Who ever you are God bless you.... You spoke my mind.
Let's stop using ideas that were set up centuries ago when the world was much different in our modern world today....
Have as few children as possible so you can be able to cater and provide for them.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Umar Ibn AlKhattab - A Golden Leader / Ramadan 2019: NSCIA Releases 30 Contact Details For Moon-sighting Notice – FULL / Summary Of Things That Can Throw A Muslim Out Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.