Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,447 members, 7,808,596 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 PM

"Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator (11216 Views)

ITS OFFICIAL: UK International Students Cannot Bring Families along anymore / 'She Stinks': Invigilator Disgraces Student Inside Exam Hall / ABUAD Invigilator Throws Out Sheet Of Student Who Submitted With Left Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
Earthquake3:

Have you tried a center in Kaduna State?
I am in kaduna right now, which center?
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Hier(m): 4:05pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

Nobody is talking about operating computer, all they have to do is to point the mouse to the option and click. And yes anyother with basic knowledge of a smart, wouldn't take him/her more than 5 mins to know how to go about it.

Yes even some University graduate (attitude test) have same issue, I have personally seen them. But with a minute or two of orientation they can click away.

They won't type long essays or pragram anything nor where they ask to do some form of graphics design na just to click answer.

She claiming that 240 out of 250 student in a hall can't click on option from a monitor screen is not only a lie but stupid.

how would they click when they dont know the answer
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by VisionInfinity: 4:05pm On Apr 18, 2019
Get 50% of your investment at the end of every trading month..we are here to help people out of financial freedom ..Join the group first. Then decide what you wanna do..
https:///Dat0KfrC3Er5HfbrKU5bjy
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

Nobody is talking about operating computer, all they have to do is to point the mouse to the option and click. And yes anyother with basic knowledge of a smart, wouldn't take him/her more than 5 mins to know how to go about it.

Yes even some University graduate (attitude test) have same issue, I have personally seen them. But with a minute or two of orientation they can click away.

They won't type long essays or pragram anything nor where they ask to do some form of graphics design na just to click answer.

She claiming that 240 out of 250 student in a hall can't click on option from a monitor screen is not only a lie but stupid.
Mr man you weren't there. There are many students that can't operate PC as I type. There are no enough orientation by schools hence the lady's claim is valid
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 4:06pm On Apr 18, 2019
blackslayer:

PERHAPS THIS WAS IN THE NORTH? THEY ARE MORE IGNORANT UP THERE THAN THE REST OF THE NIGGER-AREA!
I am from north and also beg to differ.

How you dey view north self?
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by tomtos88(m): 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:
Hall of 250 only 10 could use the computer system.

I call bullshit, they ain't programming o; na just to use mouse select answer.

All this social media made up stories Sha.

Its not made up, how many public school get even 1 computer? Maybe 1 in 1000. Computer is not a phone
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 4:08pm On Apr 18, 2019
asuustrike1:

Mr man you weren't there. There are many students that can't operate PC as I type. There are no enough orientation by schools hence the lady's claim is valid
On what ground is her claim valid? Because there are many student that can't operate computer? 240 out 250 student in a particular hall.

You weren't there either, so on what ground are you stating your case?
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:09pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

na u de talk true now abi...i serve in anambra thought ss3 students government de did mock exams one person out of 16 students got above 60 the rest fail infact no one else got 40 over 100 aside d one guy who passed but those students will pass their waec don't ask me How ...dont sit dee calling someone observations a lie...this country is on d precipice and prayer won't solve our problems...but a conscious way to set templates and standard for progress and development
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Kamxin(m): 4:09pm On Apr 18, 2019
The era computer training is here
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 18, 2019
Bustincole:
u pple make it hard for d candidates

instead of mock exams... why cant u organised a computa training so dat dey can prepare for d Jamb... atleast wit dat... dey learn 1 or 2 tins b4 d exams....

in other news.... i got dis text from bbm... hope is not tru sha

got the same too
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

On what ground is her claim valid? Because there are many student that can't operate computer? 240 out 250 student in a particular hall.

You weren't there either, so on what ground are you staying your case?
On the ground that the students we invigilated had similar experience.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2019
tomtos88:

Its not made up, how many public school get even 1 computer? Maybe 1 in 1000. Computer is not a phone
I never had a computer from my secondary days, or better still never use one in school.

I went to the cafe.

Not having a computer in school doesn't implies that one won't be knowledgeable in it.

My little nephew can play around my laptop and locate where the game is, by just observing me on two occasion.

It is just a computer system and not rocket science.

2 Likes

Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
asuustrike1:

On the ground that the students we invigilated had similar experience.
Okay I choose to believe you.

What percentage of students have no idea what the computer system is or what they are suppose to do?
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by OGHENAOGIE(m): 4:16pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

I am from north and also beg to differ.

How you dey view north self?
its mentality like that guy u replied dat made d white man call Africans monkey without civilization...some of them no worth reply...d North as bad as some ppple paint it...is d food basket of d country via agric...have good town planning...before anyone argue I grew up in kontagora Niger state...
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by tomtos88(m): 4:17pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

I never had a computer from my secondary days, or better still never use one in school.

I went to the cafe.

No having a computer in school doesn't implies that one won't be knowledgeable in it.

My little nephew can play around my laptop and locate where the game is, by just observing me on two occasion.

It is just a computer system and not rocket science.
Because u are privileged, u don't seems to know the reality on ground. Some students has never seen a computer all their life... Maybe na cutlass and hoe wey dem dey see for house daily be computer? Dem never see building to study in, not to talk of seats, or books.... U come dey talk of computer... It's a luxury to secondary school students, especially government school in rural areas
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

Okay I choose to believe you.

What percentage of students have no idea what the computer system is or what they are suppose to do?
Using judgmental or perceived opinion to sample the students we observed that virtually all the students were having issues in login in, clicking the answers and not knowing what to do even when they were enlighten in the exam hall. Aside that, we noticed the few ones who did, didn't utilize the allocated time as the system was failing.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2019
tomtos88:

Because u are privileged, u don't seems to know the reality on ground. Some students has never seen a computer all their life... Maybe na cutlass and hoe wey dem dey see for house daily be computer? Dem never see building to study in, not to talk of seats, or books.... U come dey talk of computer... It's a luxury to secondary school students, especially government school in rural areas
I am not privileged though (maybe compare to others) but I am not.

Why was the mock exam put in place? I also have relatives that come the way from the village to sit for the exams and he happens to find is way around it.

I am aware of the fact that not everyone has the opportunity of knowing how to go around a system but the person claim that 240 out 250 student in her hall have no idea on what to do. That doesn't make sense. If I have time by tomorrow I would track her handle down and confirm the center, from there I would put all the pieces together.

1 Like

Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by inforesource: 4:27pm On Apr 18, 2019
You don't prepare for boxing fight in the ring. No matter how simple it is to click a mouse, don't try to learn it in exam hall.
RonKenoly:

Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 18, 2019
asuustrike1:

Using judgmental or perceived opinion to sample the students we observed that virtually all the students were having issues in login in, clicking the answers and not knowing what to do even when they were enlighten in the exam hall. Aside that, we noticed the few ones who did, didn't utilize the allocated time as the system was failing.
I agreed with you on that, even University graduate are not left out; you can find them during attitude test.

If she had said all the students weren't able to login, I would have agreed to some extent.

Her was that 240 out of 250 don't know what they were doing when it comes to clicking the answers. That's what I disagree with.

Can you try on put a percentage on yours? On student that are completely clueless?

1 Like

Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by AdorableJosh(m): 4:32pm On Apr 18, 2019
Lmao @ people who find it difficult to believe the lady's story, I've worked in a computer centre before & I saw several people who got scared just looking at a mouse. There are several people out there who can not operate a computer even if it's just to click the answers as someone put it.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 18, 2019
inforesource:
You don't prepare for boxing fight in the ring. No matter how simple it is to click a mouse, don't try to learn it in exam hall.
Some people learn am and they pass, if my nephew of 7 can use the mouse to play Zuma; can't someone use it to just click on an option.

You people keep making the computer look like one rocket science.

I did not graduate from a science related course and at least I could program self. There is nothing in operating computer.

E be like sai last last I charity work for Nigeria go be computer literacy for all, we go enter all the villages.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by montumonami(m): 4:37pm On Apr 18, 2019
I invigilated also I can boldly tell you that what she's saying is true though I doubt the figure she mentioned
RonKenoly:
Hall of 250 only 10 could use the computer system.

I call bullshit, they ain't programming o; na just to use mouse select answer.

All this social media made up stories Sha.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 18, 2019
AdorableJosh:
Lmao @ people who find it difficult to believe the lady's story, I've worked in a computer centre before & I saw several people who got scared just looking at a mouse. There are several people out there who can not operate a computer even if it's just to click the answers as someone put it.
It is possible but that her story never happened, if it did; the figure is obviously exaggerated 240 out 250.

When you they work for computer center, na everybody wey come una shop dey fear to touch mouse?
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 18, 2019
montumonami:
I invigilated also I can boldly tell you that what she's saying is true though I doubt the figure she mentioned
Is the figure I am also doubting obviously, as I said from my previous comment; I have meet with University graduate during attitude test that are also clueless. Nothing new, but those figure are obviously exaggerated, hence why I called bullshit on the story.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by AdorableJosh(m): 4:44pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

It is possible but that her story never happened, if it did; the figure is obviously exaggerated 240 out 250.

When you they work for computer center, na everybody wey come una shop dey fear to touch mouse?

Obviously not all of them were afraid of the mouse, and the figure might be exaggerated, of course, it might also be used to drive home the point that a majority of the students in the exam hall can't operate a computer. I have a brother who also invigilated and the stories sadden the heart.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by tomtos88(m): 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

I am not privileged though (maybe compare to others) but I am not.

Why was the mock exam put in place? I also have relatives that come the way from the village to sit for the exams and he happens to find is way around it.

I am aware of the fact that not everyone has the opportunity of knowing how to go around a system but the person claim that 240 out 250 student in her hall have no idea on what to do. That doesn't make sense. If I have time by tomorrow I would track her handle down and confirm the center, from there I would put all the pieces together.

This is Nigeria... Too many thjbgs don't make sense even after u confirm
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hier:

Probably they dont know the answer, ones hands will fail them in such situation grin cheesy
Exactly, she said they were terrified of mouse.

That one na just attention she dey look for.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by baratech: 4:50pm On Apr 18, 2019
Sad
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

I agreed with you on that, even University graduate are not left out; you can find them during attitude test.

If she had said all the students weren't able to login, I would have agreed to some extent.

Her was that 240 out of 250 don't know what they were doing when it comes to clicking the answers. That's what I disagree with.

Can you try on put a percentage on yours? On student that are completely clueless?
Jamb has a lot of work to do. There is still malpractices going in many centres probably that is why universities are still insisting on screening test. Aside that many students are not exposed to practical use of computers, many schools still emphasize on theoretical aspect. Even with the introduction of ICT in many schools, it will take some time for students to get use to computer. The believe that many students can operate phones should be disregarded because the two are different thing.
And your last paragraph about students been clueless is absurd you need to tend an apology for that. Have you visited interior villages to see how many of these students fair?. Someone will just wake up one morning to adopt a policy that can not work effectively well because it worked in other countries. You need to see the way many students were staring at the PC while many ask for assistance on how to click answers with mouse. Few tutorial centres teaches their students but how many students have access to such tutorial centres?. If Jamb registrar's claim is on the ground that many students uses smarphones, then he should have gotten phone devices since many students can relate with it instead of PC.
Re: "Most JAMB Students Cannot Successfully Use A Computer System" - Invigilator by funsho75(m): 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
RonKenoly:

You don't get her point...

Wat the she is trying to say is that...

240 out of 250 students needed orientation b4 they could do anything...

They don't no how to click
Or do other simple stuff during exams until she explained those basic stuff to them..

Which is very very bad..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Your Experience With UNN Itranscript Portal? / My Cousin Was Duped Of ₦15,000 Because Of JAMB / Police Shoot At Rioting Students In Rivers State Jamb Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.