Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,960 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him (19443 Views)

Frank Kokori Is Dead / Frank Kokori: Osinbajo Appointed Me NSITF Chairman But Cabal Reversed It / Frank Kokori: How A Powerful Mafia Runs Nigeria – APC Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by Islie: 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
by Tony Akowe, Abuja

Former General Secretary of the National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas (NUPENG) Comrade Frank Kokori on Thursday shared emotional tears when Organised Labour stood solidly behind him to insist he be inaugurated as Chairman of the Board of the Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF).

This was after the Minister of Labour and Employment dropped his name and appointed another chairman.

The inauguration of the Board of the NSITF by the Minister had been delayed for over one year by the Minister, leading to a conflict between him and National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole who insisted that the board be inaugurated in line with the directives of the President.

However when the Minister decided to inaugurate the Board, Kokori’s name was omitted and replaced with Austin Enajemo-Isire as chairman, a position strongly resisted by Organised Labour who stormed the Minister’s conference room to demand that Kokori be inaugurated.

In his show of gratitude to his former colleagues, Kokori could not help but shed tears, saying he was being oppressed by the Minister even though he laid his life for the actualisation of democracy in the country.

In a shaken voice, Kokori told the Labour leaders: “Today, I am very emotional and want to cry. I want to weep for this country. I am proud of you, my comrades. I have done my best for this country.

“When nobody raised their voice against the military, I came out against the military to fight for freedom and democracy of Nigeria.

“I spent four good years in one of the worst prisons in the world, in Bama prison and in solitary confinement.

“In 1997, I was declared a prisoner of war by Pope John Paul. The same year, the Madibba, Nelson Mandela also declared me a notable world prisoner of conscience.

“I stood for this country and in all my years of service, there were temptations to take some of the biggest bribe.

“But I stood my ground for democracy and 20 years into the same democracy, Comrade Kokori is being oppressed by somebody like Ngige. What is the reason?

“The reason is because Frank Kokori is regarded as a man of integrity, a man of honour and a transparent Nigerian.

“This is a government that talks of integrity and you allowed a man like Ngige to humiliate me for two years after my appointment.

“Yesterday, they now said I should go to Micheal Imoudu. If they had given me Micheal Imoudu when I retired from NUPENG, I should have accepted.

“Why should I subject myself to trauma for two years and you promised that the appointment remains and congratulated me for more than five times.

“The President assured me during the last June 12 exercise that they will not do anything to my appointment.

“I feel Ngige is on his own, dropping the name of the President, not the President I know and who assured me that he will not change my name.

“I am thankful to the Nigeria labour movement and the great union called the National Union of Petroleum and Natural gas.

“I spent the whole of my youthful life to build this union as a fighting machine. I thank you all for your support and may God bless you all.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/kokori-weeps-says-ngige-dropping-buharis-name-to-oppress-me/

3 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by oyatz(m): 6:09pm On Apr 18, 2019
Comrade Frank Kokori is one of the heroes of the democracy we now enjoy.

He should be given good appointment and his contributions towards the restoration of democracy be acknowledged and appreciated.

Islie:

https://thenationonlineng.net/kokori-weeps-says-ngige-dropping-buharis-name-to-oppress-me/

Lalasticlala

10 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 18, 2019
oyatz:

He should be given good appointment and his contributions towards the restoration of democracy be acknowledged and appreciated.

But it's a pity he's gone for good.

Buhari has approved another list with a new head and Secretary.

His appointment was in the past.

Ngige's got to obey the last command.

Remember he's dealing with a general.

4 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by babyfaceafrica: 7:35pm On Apr 18, 2019
super story
Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 18, 2019
At least the board has been inaugurated...Stupid people...No promotion, No growth. Because of some people's selfishness... crazy country and leaders...I give up on this people and not the country though cos I stand with Nigeria
Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by GeeOh(f): 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2019
Nigeria is a scam

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by Pabloosas(m): 10:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
grin
Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by largeman4u(m): 10:23pm On Apr 18, 2019
Kokori is a man of integrity.

Buy Tokunbo Cars @ www.largemanmotors..com

2 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by NORSIYK(m): 10:25pm On Apr 18, 2019
Front0lane:
Igbo man n hate, soon the foolish ones among them with be lumping the SE with the SS but the foolish Ngige can delay appointment from a south southerner for over 2 years over foolishness bigotry hate and madness.

Nigeria is not the scam, your Igbo brother Ngige is the problem here and also the scam
You shameless people should call a spade a spade.

Oyoruba people and hate they can never do with it at all. What an evil filled tribe

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by banio: 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2019
oyatz:

Organized Labour and its Chairmen past and Present have done nothing for anyone. All their fights have been selfish. Everywhere is filled with casual staff. Have they fought / gone on strike to end casualisation

6 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by Akabuking: 10:26pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ngige the short devil.
Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by Debaiz: 10:27pm On Apr 18, 2019
Kokori! Wow dat name don teh no be here o

2 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by Meritocracy: 10:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
Frank kokori, the activist. Your name kokori sound stubborn that's why you're a real activities unlike chop chop Reno, Ffk and Yinka.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by RZArecta2(m): 10:33pm On Apr 18, 2019
APC is a party of riffraffs just like that nkita Buhari. Frank Kokori should be retired by now anyway, leave the spot for a younger person cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by platinum131(m): 10:33pm On Apr 18, 2019
Front0lane:
Igbo man n hate, soon the foolish ones among them with be lumping the SE with the SS but the foolish Ngige can delay appointment from a south southerner for over 2 years over foolishness bigotry hate and madness.

Nigeria is not the scam, your Igbo brother Ngige is the problem here and also the scam

You see what hate can do to you? Its quite unfortunate..you lost your senses in this your hate speech....I believe the new chairman is from the South-south

10 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by Godson32(m): 10:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
Weepy weepy daddy

3 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by Berankis: 10:35pm On Apr 18, 2019
banio:

Organized Labour and its Chairmen past and Present have done nothing for anyone. All their fights have been selfish. Everywhere is filled with casual staff. Have they fought / gone on strike to end casualisation
God bless you for this!

1 Like

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 18, 2019
so because you were imprisoned you think Nigerians owe you? You've worked and retired, give another man the opportunity to serve too

7 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by RichDad1(m): 10:37pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ngige is just a shameless opportunist.
Unfortunately, Mr President is not aware of the demons and vultures surrounding him.
undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by Gandollaar(f): 10:38pm On Apr 18, 2019
RichDad1:
Ngige is just a shameless opportunist.
Unfortunately, Mr President is not aware of the demons and vultures surrounding him.
undecided undecided
Buhari is lifeless and in Oblivion of his environment.

4 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by pennywys(m): 10:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
Their business
Nothing interest me in this APC era

He noted clearly Buhari my president definitely not my president

Case closed

1 Like

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by ebukamen(m): 10:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
Front0lane:

Hate will not kill you.
You insult an entire tribe because of one foolish man in the government?
Your papa no teach you manners ne? I will continue attacking hate people here until either I'm banned or the hate people are properly punished

8 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by SoNature(m): 10:46pm On Apr 18, 2019
RZArecta2:
APC is a party of riffraffs just like that nkita Buhari. Frank Kokori should be retired by now anyway, leave the spot for a younger person cool

Don't blame Buhari...Ngige is the subject!

2 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by bizzibodi(m): 10:50pm On Apr 18, 2019
So this man still dey alive
Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by Smartwave: 11:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
GeeOh:
Nigeria is a scam
Igbo man Most selfish and wicked. Is only a foolish man from south south or southwest that will trust Igbo. Don't even trust each other. Abia man will never trust Anambra man, likewise IMO man will never trust Anambra man. What a life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by Beulah77: 11:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
GeeOh:
Nigeria is a scam

Walahi, I tell you it is a big scam

2 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by fakoo1: 11:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
dont always speak from your anus. where was your father when frank was fighting 4 this country's democracy
candlewax:
so because you were imprisoned you think Nigerians owe you? You've worked and retired, give another man the opportunity to serve too

3 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 18, 2019
fakoo1:
dont always speak from your anus. where was your father when frank was fighting 4 this country's democracy

You are right. He should be made CBN governor or president after all he "saved" Nigeria from the military

4 Likes

Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by babzo(m): 11:13pm On Apr 18, 2019
This man is one of the true heroes of Nigeria.
Detribalized.
Incorruptible
Afraid of nothing.

He brought Nigeria to a standstill in 1994 with the oil workers strike, but the political class and Nigerians as a whole betrayed.

No one (aside from students )IN Nigeria fought for June 12 more than this man.
Re: Frank Kokori Weeps, Says Ngige Dropping Buhari’s Name To Oppress Him by babzo(m): 11:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
candlewax:

Becareful there my friend. Its not your fault. When we live in a nation that forgets to teach history.
Continue your next level.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi: Fuel Subsidy Is Organized Crime / President Buhari In Strategic Close Door Meetings With Yahaya Bello (Photos) / Photos: Pres. Jonathan Hosts CEOs Of The Top 100 Businesses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.