Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,635 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT (13102 Views)

Walter Onnoghen; Photos Of Prosecution And Defence Teams At CCT As Trial Begins. / Atiku Reacts To CJN Onnoghen's Petition in CCB / Embattled Justice Onnoghen To Be Replaced By Justice Tanko Ibrahim Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by yinka10: 9:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
The embattled Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen, has appealed his conviction by the Code of Conduct Tribunal.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how Mr Onnoghen was convicted by the CCT on Thursday afternoon for false declaration of assets.

The tribunal also ordered that he forfeit the money in the five accounts he failed to declare in his assets declaration form.

The tribunal ordered his removal from office and declared that he should not be allowed to hold public office in the next ten years.

In his appeal, Mr Onnoghen identified sixteen grounds on which basis he wants the appellate court to upturn his conviction.
He also sought seven reliefs from the court including “an order setting aside the conviction of the appellant (Mr Onnoghen).”

Sources:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/326041-onnoghen-appeals-conviction-by-cct.html

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by SarkinYarki: 9:43pm On Apr 18, 2019
fool

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:46pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ok
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by chibuzorAbia: 9:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
Foolish man

10 Likes

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by luluosas(m): 9:55pm On Apr 18, 2019
Congratulations to him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by B1ak3: 10:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
When this whole issue started this man should have just resigned and gone to relax with billions. But he was deceived by the same people who put him trouble in the first place.

All the people that were beating battle drums for him and he thought they were going to save him have all gone quiet. One was destroyed in his state (Saraki), another is busy shouting my mandate my mandate every day. Another is hiding abroad and disturbing us on twitter day and night (Reno). Another is a cocaine addict (ffk). Another is now a p0rnstar (oga kanu). The rest are chest beaters and online e-rats.

The appeal is dead on arrival. His name is just going to be dragged through the mud again like that of a common criminal

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by Amuocha: 10:11pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ok
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by peacettw: 10:12pm On Apr 18, 2019
This man has refused to learn.
Well, I am not surprised. Most lawyers are blinded by sheer arrogance especially when they are blatantly at fault.
They believe that the law does not apply to them and can be tweaked at will to serve their purposes.
Onnoghen may be walking into a bigger trap by appealing.
At this point, I feel nothing but pity for him
I wish him well. He will definitely need it.

8 Likes

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by Finnese001: 10:12pm On Apr 18, 2019
R
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by kaen1317: 10:13pm On Apr 18, 2019
Buhari is a good chess player

9 Likes

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by tommykiwi(m): 10:13pm On Apr 18, 2019
Dead on arrival!

3 Likes

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by lilfreezy: 10:13pm On Apr 18, 2019
One Buhari suspended ONNOGHEN and replaced him with a Tanko. One Malami charged him before the CCT. Then, one Magu of EFCC submitted a damning report on him. One Abdullahi of NJC recommended his sack. Now, one Umar has CONVICTED him. South ahoy!

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by Avater0147(m): 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
I thought this man has resign, which one be all this again now? pls we need news that will bring us out of this hell, your citizens are dying fed govrt, abeg focus more n make life easier for ur citizen. okay
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by Odingo1: 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
People that are calling him names are hypocrite

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by Kendumazy(m): 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
OK naaw
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by dante0147: 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
See all the fools above me calling another person a fool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by Dreambeat: 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
His trial in the first place by the CCT was illegal

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by stieyven(m): 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
SarkinYarki:
fool
He who calls his brother a fool shall be in danger of hell. Matthew 5 :22

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by rummmy: 10:14pm On Apr 18, 2019
B1ak3:
When this whole issue started this man should have just resigned and gone to relax with billions. But he was deceived by the same people who put him trouble in the first place.

All the people that were beating battle drums for him and he thought they were going to save him have all gone quite. One was destroyed in his state (Saraki), another is busy shouting my mandate my mandate every day. Another is hiding abroad and disturbing us on twitter day and night (Reno). Another is a cocaine addict (ffk). Another is now a p0rnstar (oga kanu). The rest are chest beaters and online e-rats.

The appeal is dead on arrival. His name is just going to be dragged through the mud again like that of a common criminal
in law pricedent matters.. Go and check the meaning of that.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
Dollar dude sure knows litigation process in Nigeria judiciary can be manipulated by those who know their way

Don't be surprise when another currupt judge overturn this judgement

4 Likes

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
It is much expected.
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by festacman(m): 10:16pm On Apr 18, 2019
Between Appeal Court and Supreme Court, a key ruling is likely to favour Onnoghen to hold tight to some or all of his money. #judges'empathy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by BafanaBafana: 10:17pm On Apr 18, 2019
He has nothing to loose again. He should keep appealing.

2 Likes

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by dheaven: 10:17pm On Apr 18, 2019
He may win now
Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by bishopkay: 10:20pm On Apr 18, 2019
A man stood before a rigged panel with a premeditated judgement.

A case where the prosecution so bungled up their case they had to stop calling witnesses yet the rigged judge convicted him and you expect him not to seek redress?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by peacettw: 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2019
festacman:
Between Appeal Court and Supreme Court, a key ruling is likely to favour Onnoghen to hold tight to some or all of his money.

I really doubt that. I believe that this time, a jail sentence may be added to the ruling.
Why onnoghen and his lawyers can't see this is just beyond me
For me, it is quite simple. I believe strongly that most judges are corrupt and Buhari knows this and the judges know that Buhari knows this.
Now, tell me who in their right minds will give a ruling that is contrary to what has already been declared.
Instead, onnoghen is busy ruffling more feathers that may cost him his freedom. To worsen matters, he no longer has any bargaining chips to trade with.
He is literally now at the mercy of his lawyers and some few friends of the bench.
I really don't get it.

9 Likes

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by jaxxy(m): 10:22pm On Apr 18, 2019
So he doesn’t have the right to appeal or what? He’s not satisfied with the judgement. CCT chairman isn’t exactly a fair judge with his questionable moral history and his sentimental ties to the executive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by TheFacelessMan: 10:22pm On Apr 18, 2019
grin

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by sotall(m): 10:23pm On Apr 18, 2019
grin grin

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by Frankiss44(m): 10:23pm On Apr 18, 2019
Expected.. And from now onward the case is no longer with the executives under the disguise of CCT, but with the judiciary.. Let's see what the judiciary will make of the judgement at the CCT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onnoghen Appeals Conviction By CCT by Godjone(m): 10:24pm On Apr 18, 2019
that kangaroo judgement won't stand

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose: EFCC Counsel, Prosecution Witness Disagree In Court / Battle For The Green Dome: Who Will Lead The 9th NASS? / Judicial Panels Must Investigate All Incidence Including Lekki Shooting — UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.