Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Re: Nlng Call. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Nlng Call. (3038 Views)

GMAT BOOKS,NLNG,DRAGNET,SHL,SHELL,EDITABLE RESUME TEMPLATES,RESUME MAKER PRO(PC) / NLNG Test 2013. / Careers At Nlng Recruitment Of Graduate Trainees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nlng Call. by izuu: 8:50pm On Apr 30, 2007
hi guys, I received a call from NLNG this afternoon telling me to check my mail box but i checked and found nothing. has anybody been contacted by NLNG and what is their means of communication? pls I need an answer 'cos I don't know if they made a mistake with my address.
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by presjany(f): 8:52pm On Apr 30, 2007
My NLNG Colleagues,
I suggest we all start preparing for the next stage of interview. Lets look beyond their calls by getting ourselves prepared. I feel we may not have much time b/w the moment of receipt of the next invitation and the next assessment. So what do we do? How do we practice?I suggest we throw up possible and likely interveiw quetions and thrash them out here. I'd like to throw the first interview question.

" Irrespective of which course U read, What have U got to offer NLNG in terms of saving cost mindful of the fact that the company is in business to make money?"

Please this is a typical interview question, So Answers are expected. Lets fine-tune ourselves and emerge the best as colleagues n landers,
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by akinnuoye: 10:52am On May 01, 2007
If you receive a call from them and didn't find anything in your mail box. Try to follow up i.e call them. There is no harm in trying.

Besides, when exactly did you write your test and what venue?
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by Eeyore(m): 1:00pm On May 01, 2007
@ izuu and presjany.

I received a similar call from NLNG yesterday too, but on checking my e-mail box, I found nothing.

Kinda strange, isn't it?
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by Aproko(f): 8:48am On May 02, 2007
did you check your bulk mail too?what number did they call you with?have you tried calling the number back to report that nothing was in your box?
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by beautyx2: 9:50am On May 02, 2007
I'm happy for those who have been called so far. You guys should start preparing for the interview. For those of us who are still waiting to be called, remember the Lord is our strength and he will do what he says he will do.
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by beautyx2: 10:44am On May 02, 2007
The negative energy in the house is overwhelming and it definately needs to be abated. Anyway guys, i think i know wats up with them calls.
Those who have been called did well in the test but there is no documentary evidence to verify their performance i.e copies of certificates etc.
Therefore NLNG is calling them to check their emails which contains a request for them to send copies of their certificates. It is possible that the certificates were not attached at all or have been misplaced. So to those who have been called to check their emails but have found no mail, it will do you alot of good to get NLNG's HR email address from someone who has it, and just send your certificates to them.

NLNG therefore is in the process of verification of certificates of sucessful and shortlisted candidates for the interview. To those of us who have not called, let us brace ourselves as there is nothing to worry about. Our documents/certificates are intact.

Conclusively, we should start expecting our letters by God's Grace as from next week monday(exactly 6 weeks from the commencement of the 2nd test).

Fellow landers, do not despair but celebrate God and the wonderful opportunity he has given us.

I hope I have helped unravel the NLNG call mystery.

Report to moderator 193.219.222.36
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by jidegirl(f): 11:10am On May 02, 2007
Thank you beautyx2.

Please can we know where you got this info from?
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by benboiz: 12:45pm On May 02, 2007
beautyx2, u 've really done well.
many more are still waitin to be called.
for those that have been ccalled, can u guys please copy the no. that called you for the house to see.
dont want anyone to start having the feeling that there is a scam.
good luck all.
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by drunky: 3:05pm On May 02, 2007
hi landers,
a quick 1, i was called barely some mins ago, but it seems they are taking another dimension towards it
beauty say it might be ur cerficates which it true, i was just asked my state/LGA.
and in return i wanted to ask further but the line went off.
i hope the rulers and shakers are not turn the hands upside down, we hope that it will come out fair, plain & white.
still have hope for non-called individual. i see by weekend more light will be exposed and it will get hotter
by the day. keep the spirit flying. Don't loose hope until it is over. even after this better
things are coming in mere future. Da drunky speaks lipsrsealed shocked
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by beautyx2: 9:19am On May 03, 2007
Drunky thats good for you. I just hope that this 'federal character policy" will not ruin the transparency and genuity of the whole exercise. Why are they so keen on one's local gov't area? If one performs well, then why not employ the person. Someone from a state may perform better than a person from another state but such a person will not be taken because they can only take a certain number of persons whereas the person who has not performed as well will be taken because he falls within the bracket of top persons in his state. I thought this system was only used in common entrance to Sec schools, University and maybe the Civil Service.
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by budx(m): 9:28am On May 03, 2007
beauty, i share ur concern. however, its a Nigerian phenomenon that we have to live with. an attempt to allow as much as possible a broad cross-section of nigerians to participate in a quasi-government owned organisation. 'federal character" has its many advantages but sadly, it comes with some disadvantages too. like praying you are one of the smartest people in your village at this particular point in time.
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by eseclem: 9:47am On May 03, 2007
drunky and my other nlng schoolmates, lets just wait and see what comes up next week. I assure u that all they are doing is verification. If you were called, that means there is probably something u forgot 2 submit or was misplaced by them. LETS KEEP FAITH ALIVE!!!![/color]
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by zion1: 11:09am On May 03, 2007
@ Beautyx

Nice analysis, I doff my hat!

@escelem

Point of Correction: We are not NLNG School mates, We are NLNG big shots. But you are very correct; LET'S KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!!!!!!!
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by ficasej: 11:54am On May 03, 2007
hey guys lets keep our fingers crossed and expect the better. The Lord is our banner.
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by ukstar: 1:25pm On May 03, 2007
Hello fellow landers, thank you so much 4 as many as that hav tried to intimate others about the latest development in our potential place of work. I claim it it's my company that i'll soon be a real partaker of the whole entitlements given to the senior staff there, you are also there, amen! Let's keep our fingers crossed, 4 it's well. However, i wasn't call lately but i know i'm there 4 my God is alive! KEEP UR FAITH ALIVE U'LL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!
ONE LOVE WHILE WE'RE WAITING 4 OUR INDIVIDUAL LETTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SEE YA LERA~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by chimmyfred: 4:26pm On May 03, 2007
i called NLNG today and they told me that the results will be released in 2 wks time.
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by presjany(f): 7:24pm On May 03, 2007
My NLNG Colleagues,
I suggest we all start preparing for the next stage of interview. Lets look beyond thier calls by getting ourselves prepared. I feel we may not have much time b/w the moment of receipt of the next invitation and the next assessment. So wat do we do? How do we practice? I'd like to throw the first interview question.

" Irrespective of which course U read, What have U got to offer NLNG in terms of saving cost mindful of the fact that the company is in business to make money?"

Pls this is a typical interview question, So Answers are expected. Lets fine-tune ourselves and emerge the best as colleagues n landers,
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by ukstar: 8:36pm On May 03, 2007
smiley That was typical interview question. Let us all put head together in trying to
get something presentable and share in the media for our use. I'll send
mine next time i visit the house. one love, cheers.
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by seniorak47(m): 10:06am On May 04, 2007
Here is my own opinion on the question; hence, I need to raise some basic questions to clear obvious clouds.

1. Does NLNG operate local (domestic or consumer) market or international/corporate markets. I am aware that presently, NLNG source for corporate customers abroad. Recently, Brazil owned 'petrobras' signed a deal with NLNG to buy LPG/LNG from Nigeria.

2. Do we have access to NLNG's account book? How has it performed profit, sales,and growth wise in the last couple of years. We may need to know these to be able to answer this question in an informed manner.

3. Are you thinking of introducing or suggesting a new or hitherto unexplored market sector to NLNG? Lets look at this scenario; if LPG is to be distributed to households as alternative to other cooking fuel sources, it portends prospects for the company in many ways namely. (I) Environmental friendliness and saving environmental cost due to the cleaner nature of LPG as an household fuel. (II) Population of Nigeria can support any market in as much as the product is of great need and benefit. Give the telecoms example to illustrate this point. And numerous other reasons

4. Do you want to consolidate on the existing target market of NLNG? Why? How? You need to know that the infrastructure used by NLNG are capital intensive. The longterm goal of the company is optimise the excess and hitherto wasted deposits of natural gas in Nigeria for both econonmic and environmental advantages.

We need to research into this company more for good responses to this likely question. Please also note that the thinking in the corporate world today is not about right or wrong answers but rather how the idea is communicated, to achieve optimal attention of the listeners.

Thank you, while we expect more tasking posers like this. It is a good job, you guys are doing here.
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by kuwena(m): 1:31pm On May 04, 2007
Seniorak, going through your psoting on Re: NLNG Call, I cannot help but see how wonderful you have contributed. I copy-pasted it here:

Here is my own opinion on the question; hence, I need to raise some basic questions to clear obvious clouds.

1. Does NLNG operate local (domestic or consumer) market or international/corporate markets. I am aware that presently, NLNG source for corporate customers abroad. Recently, Brazil owned 'petrobras' signed a deal with NLNG to buy LPG/LNG from Nigeria.

2. Do we have access to NLNG's account book? How has it performed profit, sales,and growth wise in the last couple of years. We may need to know these to be able to answer this question in an informed manner.

3. Are you thinking of introducing or suggesting a new or hitherto unexplored market sector to NLNG? Lets look at this scenario; if LPG is to be distributed to households as alternative to other cooking fuel sources, it portends prospects for the company in many ways namely. (I) Environmental friendliness and saving environmental cost due to the cleaner nature of LPG as an household fuel. (II) Population of Nigeria can support any market in as much as the product is of great need and benefit. Give the telecoms example to illustrate this point. And numerous other reasons

4. Do you want to consolidate on the existing target market of NLNG? Why? How? You need to know that the infrastructure used by NLNG are capital intensive. The longterm goal of the company is optimise the excess and hitherto wasted deposits of natural gas in Nigeria for both econonmic and environmental advantages.

We need to research into this company more for good responses to this likely question. Please also note that the thinking in the corporate world today is not about right or wrong answers but rather how the idea is communicated, to achieve optimal attention of the listeners.

Thank you, while we expect more tasking posers like this. It is a good job, you guys are doing here.

You see, seniorak, we need your head - both in Kano, and in NLNG. Way to go, man - by the way, what did you read in school?
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by lnk(m): 4:54pm On May 04, 2007
if u received any call from nlng saying that u shuold check ur mail ,what they want to tell u is that u did not summit ur statement of result cos i called them and asked about the call and i was told this
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by presjany(f): 6:38pm On May 04, 2007
Seniorak47, Thanx 4 those thoughhtful analyisis. I'm doing my home work on that. Pls let me have ur no. or e-mail. so I can reach u often, seems U re more informed. U can reach me on 01-7762971, presjany@yahoo.com. More contributions pls,
Re: Re: Nlng Call. by seniorak47(m): 10:55am On May 05, 2007
Hi Kuwena, to your question on my course of study, the answer is URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING. As for Kano, forget it, am back in Lagos. However, if its NLNG, then am game. I wish you and the rest of Nairaland users the best.

My response to your poser would be as follow, however note that I am not an Engineer by profession. Hence; I will like to work for NLNG rather than mobil, chevron, or shell first, because it offers a larger platform than any or all of these others. why? the structure of NLNG is +/- 45% shell, elf, and total. This means that NLNG gives you an insight into and a leverage over any of the aforementioned outfits. Two, as a patrotic Nigerian, my country comes first. working for any of these others in the same capacity as is required by NLNG is 'tantamount to a low level of patrotism' (personal though). Three, with the longterm vision of NLNG, mobil, chevron etc may still come onboard owing to the fact that 'gas economy' is the next level in Nigeria's quest for a sustainable development.

@ presjany, my email is senior4real@yahoo.co.uk, you may wish to add me to your network. Thanx for the compliments

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Trainee Recruitment At BLUEGATE / Salary And House Rent / NEW: Massive Teaching Staff Recruitment By Lagos State Government (SUBEB)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.