Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

Mr.isiah Emmanuel Morter- The Igbo Man Immortalized By Belize Government. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mr.isiah Emmanuel Morter- The Igbo Man Immortalized By Belize Government. (1521 Views)

Isa Funtua, Nda Isiah And Lawal Watch As Abba Kyari Was Laid To Rest -photo / Buhari Sacks Siaka Isiah Idoko-Akoh, Chairman Of Investment, Securities Tribunal / Tinubu Imposing A Candidate On Oyo People Is Better Than An Igbo Man ~ Ajimobi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr.isiah Emmanuel Morter- The Igbo Man Immortalized By Belize Government. by AuthorityXYZ: 6:52am On Apr 19, 2019
Isaiah Emmanuel Morter (1860 – 1924) was a Belizean planter and the first self-made millionaire in Belize of Igbo descent. He was a devotee of Marcus Garvey who owned a great deal of property and donated much of his wealth to the UNIA (Universal Negro Improvement Association). His statue in Belize City marks the entrance to what was Eboe Town in the 19th century, a town now known as Yarborough which was named after its African/creole residents of mostly Igbo descent. May his great soul continue to Rest and lead the Black race right

https://m./546043812177312?view=permalink&id=2421389754642699

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mr.isiah Emmanuel Morter- The Igbo Man Immortalized By Belize Government. by AuthorityXYZ: 6:53am On Apr 19, 2019
Isn't this awesomely wonderful?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr.isiah Emmanuel Morter- The Igbo Man Immortalized By Belize Government. by Harrymig1(m): 6:58am On Apr 19, 2019
Igbo Amaka grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr.isiah Emmanuel Morter- The Igbo Man Immortalized By Belize Government. by amaniro: 6:58am On Apr 19, 2019
Igbos ha hefiri wear

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr.isiah Emmanuel Morter- The Igbo Man Immortalized By Belize Government. by opparadise: 6:59am On Apr 19, 2019

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr.isiah Emmanuel Morter- The Igbo Man Immortalized By Belize Government. by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 19, 2019
IGBO AMAKA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr.isiah Emmanuel Morter- The Igbo Man Immortalized By Belize Government. by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 19, 2019
This is awesome! I once read of Mr olauda equiano, another igboman who was captured and sold to the white during the slave trade. I've never heard of this Emmanuel before. There are the likes of Emmanuels out there who have contributed greatly towards the growth of the economy of other countries . My tribespeople too are in Brazil, doing them proud. If not for nepotism,tribalism and lack of love, Nigeria would have been far better than we are now. Baba Awolowo revolted against igbos because of his selfish ambition of ruling one Nigeria, instead of supporting their agitations. Ojukwu consulted with awo in his plans but the greatest mistake he too made was his decision to fight yoruba and kill as many as possible before finally getting to lagos and take power. He should have gone by the way of referendum which they're now seeking after because so many innocent lives of igbo extraction and other tribes were lost in the war. My uncle also died in that war as a soldier.

What Awolowo accused ojukwu of, after he couldn't achieve his ambition, was what he was guilty of, by recruiting and training our people in cotonou camp to take over power and peacefully break away. That's what led to his death after babangida wrote to him, accusing him of committing a reasonable felony.

I don't believe in any of our leaders, both past and present because all of them are greedy. They're only fighting for their own pockets, ojukwu inclusive.

Tinubu who was known for his being active towards restructuring kept quiet all of a sudden, after joining force with the apc because of his personal ambition. They dont like us. They're only after their pockets.

I wish we could just do away with the old cargoes and form a grassroot movement in the south, devoid of any selfish and tribal interest. I watched the NA fight for key positions in the house and i saw how they stylishly planned coup against the southern candidates. It serves us right . Maybe we'd get it right in 2023, if we still remain as one Nigeria by then because the country is drifting towards secession, with the spate of insecurity and poverty in the land. The apc sef don taya. They've exhausted all their strategies and none of them seems to have yielded any positive results.

My yoruba people should continue pitching their tents with the hausas, who dont have anything to offer this country than religious intolerance and killings. I pray that the igbos leave peacefully someday. By the time the hausafulanis infiltrate our land, the igbos won't accept any refugees from yorubaland and that's when we would know what's up.

It's still good now , to start agitating for our sovereign state because nothing much of a development seems to have happened with our forceful marriage since 1914. I wonder how we would have been by now, if we were still under the colonialists because our people are too greedy and lazy, especially the north.

3 Likes

Re: Mr.isiah Emmanuel Morter- The Igbo Man Immortalized By Belize Government. by hisexcellency34: 7:37am On Apr 19, 2019
Igbos are the most successful and industrious people globally. Even Donald Trump admitted that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mr.isiah Emmanuel Morter- The Igbo Man Immortalized By Belize Government. by AuthorityXYZ: 7:42am On Apr 19, 2019
Lalasticalala
Re: Mr.isiah Emmanuel Morter- The Igbo Man Immortalized By Belize Government. by reality1010: 7:57am On Apr 19, 2019
AuthorityXYZ:

Isaiah Emmanuel Morter (1860 – 1924) was a Belizean planter and the first self-made millionaire in Belize of Igbo descent. He was a devotee of Marcus Garvey who owned a great deal of property and donated much of his wealth to the UNIA (Universal Negro Improvement Association). His statue in Belize City marks the entrance to what was Eboe Town in the 19th century, a town now known as Yarborough which was named after its African/creole residents of mostly Igbo descent. May his great soul continue to Rest and lead the Black race right

https://m./546043812177312?view=permalink&id=2421389754642699
OP this man's great grand sons shud trace their father's history and locate the exact place in SE. The SE,SS&SW all v ppl who v contributed in d development of modern states in Europe and America but d North has none.U only hear of Gandoki a Northern worruor who took pleasure in killings and was celebrated.U also hear of Mansa Musa who carried gold and every resources in his domain with thoisands of ppl and travelled to Mecca.This North and their life stlye don too long.
Re: Mr.isiah Emmanuel Morter- The Igbo Man Immortalized By Belize Government. by ChristianNorth: 8:09am On Apr 19, 2019
Igbo erika

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Called Emir Of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II "A Bloody Liar" / Tragedy Hits Nnamdi Kanu's Family As Father Dies Months After Mother's Death / For Ndigbo It Is Raining!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.