Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,357 members, 7,780,970 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:35 AM

About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon (6486 Views)

Noah : The Real Story - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes / Praying In Tongues : The Weapon That Builds You Up - Joseph Prince Sermon Notes / Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by jiggaz(m): 8:24am On Apr 19, 2019
Titus 2:11-13 - Grace will teach us!
The world doesn't have something to look forward to, but believers do!
Jesus will come back for us bodily, not just spiritually. Be careful not to over-spiritualise the Bible.

“For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,” (Titus 2:11-13 NKJV)

You can't be under grace and not be holy, just like how you can't be under water and not be wet!

Philippians 3:20-21 - Hope is always talking about the future. The Bible hope is Jesus coming back for us. That is the blessed hope!
When Jesus rose from the dead, He is the same Jesus. He is fully-Man. He is 100% God and 100% Man!
Our current bodies are lowly. Our bodies do things that we are embarrassed about. Our current bodies cannot enter heaven - they cannot take it. God has to give us new bodies.

“For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.” (Philippians 3:20-21 NKJV)

When Jesus overturned the tables of the merchants at the temple, He called the temple "My Father's house". Later Jesus said with regards to the temple: "Your house is left to you desolate".
This is because God's presence had already departed from the temple. When God departed from the temple, it was doomed for destruction.

Matthew 24:2 - In AD 70, the son of the Emperor of Rome, General Titus, said "Don't destroy the temple" (On the Temple Mount in Jerusalem).
Jesus the Son of God said "not one stone shall be left here upon another that shall not be thrown down".
The temple was on fire, causing the gold on the top of the temple to melt, flowing down in between the stones, and the Roman soldiers broke the stones to get the gold.
Jesus' words came to pass. Not one stone was left upon another. God's words always come to pass.

"And Jesus said to them, "Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down."" (Matthew 24:2, NKJV)

Occupy yourself with business as if Jesus isn't coming back for 1000 years, but live as though Jesus is coming back today!

17 books of the Old Testament and 23 books of the New Testament talks about the Second Coming of Christ,
and yet today many of the churches are not preaching about it.
That is why many believers are being robbed of the blessings that they are accrued.

God renews our youth like the eagles! He did not create man to grow old and die. God hates death!

Growth comes from making choices. But when you make a choice, you cannot choose a different outcome.

Believing in Jesus is not a religion, it is a reality!

Jesus ate in the presence of His disciples in His resurrected body after He rose from the dead.
In our new resurrected bodies at the Rapture, we will still be able to eat!

1 Corinthians 15:51-56 - Believers do not die but they fall asleep.
They are considered to have died with Jesus at the cross. Death is not ahead of them, but it is behind them.

At the Rapture, firstly, the believers who have already passed on will be raised incorruptible.
They will challenge hell saying "O Hades, where is your victory?".
Then the believers who are still alive on earth will be raised incorruptible too. They will challenge death saying "O Death, where is your sting?"
All believers will be enraptured. They will become immortal.

“Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed— in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible has put on incorruption, and this mortal has put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written: “Death is swallowed up in victory.” “O Death, where is your sting? O Hades, where is your victory?” The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.” (I Corinthians 15:51-56 NKJV)

We cannot be sad in heaven. Whatever will be in heaven is definitely greater than what we have today! We will all look good in heaven.

I Thessalonians 4:13-18 - The only requirement for a believer to be taken up during the Rapture is that they are alive and remain.
This is the blessed hope - that we will be taken to be with the Lord forever.

“But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.” (I Thessalonians 4:13-18 NKJV)

Don't let the world sell you their fear.

Even when believers have passed on in plane crashes, God takes them away spiritually before the crash happens. Then they are more alive than before!

Don't go chasing Prophecy theories like the "Four Blood Moons" theory. Focus on the Bible - the word of God.

II Thessalonians 2:1-4 - You will never feel fed by reading what critics say and debate about the word of God on the Internet.
Read and meditate on the Bible instead.
Pastor Prince believes that the Antichrist is somewhere on earth already, being groomed by the devil.
Don't believe in date-setting of when Jesus will come again. The Bible says that no man will know the day or hour when Jesus will come again.
Apostasia (The Apostasy) - Many people will depart before the Antichrist is revealed.
It is not just a spiritual departing but also a physical departing.
For the same verses, the Wycliffe Bible version says "departing away" instead of "falling away".
The Year 1526 William Tindale Bible version says "the departing" instead of "falling away".
The Jeneva Bible (1600's) says "departing first" instead of "falling away".
"The departing" refers to the Rapture where all believers will be taken away to be with the Lord forever
!

“Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.” (II Thessalonians 2:1-4 NKJV)

God is reaching out to Israel and Jewish people all over the world.

The Bible in Hebrew and Greek is accurate and God-breathed. But not all the English translations are fully accurate.

Wycliffe was probably the first version of an English Bible ever produced. William Shakespeare used that version of the Bible.

Acts 21:21 - the word "forsake" in this verse is translated from the Greek word "apostasia".

“but they have been informed about you that you teach all the Jews who are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children nor to walk according to the customs.” (Acts 21:21 NKJV)

The religious leaders hated Wycliffe because he made the Bible available to the common people.
After his death, they exhumed his body and burned his bones.

John 14:1-3 - Let not your heart be troubled at any time!
There are mansions prepared for us in heaven, not huts!
This is not talking about the Second Coming of Jesus. This is talking about the Rapture.
The purpose of all the movies about UFOs, Aliens, etc. - The devil is working hard to explain away the Rapture, saying that all the believers were snatched away by aliens.

““Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.” (John 14:1-3 NKJV)

Moses is a type of Christ. Moses went up Mount Sinai, he delayed a while, and the children of Israel built a golden calf to worship, committing idolatry. Don't go chasing after money.

The Rapture is one of the most practical topics to teach about.
17 books of the Old Testament and 23 books of the New Testament talks about the Second Coming of Christ.

God made the year-end, not man. Take time to reflect on the past year.
At New Creation Church, we have the special yearly three prayer requests for the next year.
There is special anointing made available in corporate prayer.

https://www.miltongoh.net/miltons-blog/abouttherapturebibleprophecy

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by Tocynone(m): 8:31am On Apr 19, 2019
Jesus

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by jiggaz(m): 5:38pm On Apr 19, 2019
Lord Jesus

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by jiggaz(m): 11:30pm On Apr 19, 2019
Yes Lord Jesus

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by jiggaz(m): 7:16am On Apr 20, 2019
Lord Jesus Christ

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by jiggaz(m): 11:27am On Apr 20, 2019
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by power50: 12:04pm On Apr 20, 2019
We invite all church owners to list their churches on Nigerian church directory called http://naijachurches.com.ng/
Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by jiggaz(m): 7:13pm On Apr 20, 2019
Lord Jesus.. I can't wait...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by jiggaz(m): 7:38am On Apr 21, 2019
Lord Jesus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by Denikayan: 7:53am On Apr 21, 2019
grin grin grin

Fiction!

1 Like

Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by kittykollinxx(m): 7:53am On Apr 21, 2019
Happy Easter

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by hopefulLandlord: 7:55am On Apr 21, 2019
okay
Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by kullozone(m): 7:58am On Apr 21, 2019
Who go read this long thing sef Agents of confusionsmiley
Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by omojeesu(m): 8:07am On Apr 21, 2019
Yes!

The Rapture will take place after the Church has passed through the great tribulation!
Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by DavidEsq(m): 8:31am On Apr 21, 2019
I see confusion everywhere in this write up. If all the righteous go to heaven, for whom wld the earth be left? Does the bible teach that? Psalms 37:29 says:
"The righteous will possess the earth,And they will live forever on it".
On the issue of citizenship in heaven, Jesus Christ told his 12 Apostles that they would sit beside him and judge the world (12 tribes of Israel). Why didn't Jesus say dis to the 70 disciples as we are told in Luke 10:1 that he sent out 70 disciples. It shows that there are a select few whose citizenship is in heaven. Revelations 7:4-8 makes this clear. That is why Revelation 14:1 says:
"Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads".
At verse 9 of Revelation 7, we see another set of persons described as an "uncountable" crowd. This uncountable crowd are those who would reside on earth. This is because verse 9 identifies them a holding "palm branches", verse 15 says they are rendering sacred services to God "day and night" and verse 16 says they will "hunger no more", nor "thirst", nor be "scorched by the heat from the sun".
These items: palm branches, day and night, hunger, thirst and sun are only found on earth. U may say "isn't it when they go to heaven that these things wld happen"? Well I ask u dis: would u say something shall be no more in a place where it never was?
Hunger and all the other factors were never in heaven, so why say they wld no longer be, when they were never there in the first place?
Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by djon78(m): 9:33am On Apr 21, 2019
DavidEsq:
I see confusion everywhere in this write up. If all the righteous go to heaven, for whom wld the earth be left? Does the bible teach that? Psalms 37:29 says:
On the issue of citizenship in heaven, Jesus Christ told his 12 Apostles that they would sit beside him and judge the world (12 tribes of Israel). Why didn't Jesus say dis to the 70 disciples as we are told in Luke 10:1 that he sent out 70 disciples. It shows that there are a select few whose citizenship is in heaven. Revelations 7:4-8 makes this clear. That is why Revelation 14:1 says:
"Then I saw, and look! the Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who have his name and the name of his Father written on their foreheads".
At verse 9 of Revelation 7, we see another set of persons described as an "uncountable" crowd. This uncountable crowd are those who would reside on earth. This is because verse 9 identifies them a holding "palm branches", verse 15 says they are rendering sacred services to God "day and night" and verse 16 says they will "hunger no more", nor "thirst", nor be "scorched by the heat from the sun".
These items: palm branches, day and night, hunger, thirst and sun are only found on earth. U may say "isn't it when they go to heaven that these things wld happen"? Well I ask u dis: would u say something shall be no more in a place where it never was?
Hunger and all the other factors were never in heaven, so why say they wld no longer be, when they were never there in the first place?

There is no confusion anywhere.
Revelation 22 talked about the new heaven and new earth, for the old will pass away.
Like he said this our present mortal bodies cannot stand the glories of heaven, therefore like Apostle Paul wrote we have a body not made of this Tabernacle but prepared in the heaven's. God dwells in the heaven, earth is for men.

The true essence of this wonderful article is not to be like the world., to always remember that we are different. Like Colossians 3 vs 1 if you be risen with Christ, set your affections on things on the heaven not on things on the earth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by kareemkamil(m): 10:01am On Apr 21, 2019
Christian una don start una lies
Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by Ubdavis(m): 11:53am On Apr 21, 2019
Keep on absorbing nonsense into ur Brain.
Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by anderson96: 1:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
mind you there is nothing like the word "rapture" in the bible rapture is an english word. the meaning of rapture is great pleasure or excitement or feeling happy about a particular thing. show me were rapture is written in the bible and the portion.
for the kingdom of God here on earth that kingdom which christ prayed about is here when christ tought his disciples how to pray he said "our father who art in heaven hollow be thy name the kingdom come".
so if you are saying christ will come and take his people away then what about the kingdom he promised. who will inherit it.

1 Like

Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by paxonel(m): 1:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
Rapture is a dead doctrine!
It has no place in the bible.

Even op knows that 1000 years from now, nothing like rapture is happening because nothing like that will happen on this earth forever
Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by NnadyAutos: 5:34pm On Apr 21, 2019
As a theologian, if I don't throw some light about the issue under discussion it will not be good enough.There is rapture and there will be rapture(1 Thessalonian ,4:15-18)said so.The dead in Christ will rise first and the living in Christ will be transformed both will meet Christ in heaven.They will reamain there for 7 years cerebrating always. Each and everyone of them will be rewarded according to their work.This reward ceremony is called bema judgement. It is only for those who partook in rapture(1st resurrection).The rest of the dead will still be in the grave,while the rest of the living will still be on earth with normal earthly activities, but in the midst of the. 7 years comes the Antichrist with the mark of the beast,whosoever that reject the mark will be tutured to death,this is that period described in the bible as a period of great tribulations.Those who will receive the mark is doomed for eternal destruction. At the end of the 7 years, Jesus Christ will lead the company of those that went to heaven back to earth for the 1000 years reign as describe in the bible.This time Satan and the demons will be chained and locked up in bottomless pit so that they deceive the world no more.Note that this is not the end of the world, but a process towards the end.My advice to the reader is to make friend with Jesus now there is time, for terrible and hurtible times will befall any one that Misses the 1st resurrection (rapture)which is the next thing in God's agenda.Remain blessed.
Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by sacx: 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2019
DavidEsq:

Jehovah witness? grin. Well, let me be honest with you. Believers are not going to heaven; they are already there! Heaven is not a place God dwells. No! Rather, heaven exists because God is there. So it is his presence that creates what is called heaven. Now, if believers are carrying the divine presence of God in them, then the Bliss of heaven already surrounds them. Actually, what is referred to as heaven is a civilisation that transcends that of earth. By God's original intention in creation, the earth was to coexist in the same civilisation as that of heaven through the administration of sons of God. This plan was cut short when man sinned. This was the purpose for the coming of Christ; to restore man to his original estate.

Now, power, glory and dominion have been given to man to redeem creation out of corruption. What is referred to as the rapture, contrary to what many believe, is not an escape plan out of the earth. Write this down; the rapture is the maturing of the Saints in putting on immortality, which is the glory they already have in their spirits. The second coming of Christ is the unveiling of Christ out of the Saints. It is the generation of Saints that touch this reality of immortality that Christ is coming for. Believers are immortal now!

I know you won't understand grin. Keep fellowshipping; you will see it.
Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by DavidEsq(m): 8:31pm On Apr 21, 2019
sacx:

Jehovah witness? grin. Well, let me be honest with you. Believers are not going to heaven; they are already there! Heaven is not a place God dwells. No! Rather, heaven exists because God is there. So it is his presence that creates what is called heaven. Now, if believers are carrying the divine presence of God in them, then the Bliss of heaven already surrounds them. Actually, what is referred to as heaven is a civilisation that transcends that of earth. By God's original intention in creation, the earth was to coexist in the same civilisation as that of heaven through the administration of sons of God. This plan was cut short when man sinned. This was the purpose for the coming of Christ; to restore man to his original estate.

Now, power, glory and dominion have been given to man to redeem creation out of corruption. What is referred to as the rapture, contrary to what many believe, is not an escape plan out of the earth. Write this down; the rapture is the maturing of the Saints in putting on immortality, which is the glory they already have in their spirits. The second coming of Christ is the unveiling of Christ out of the Saints. It is the generation of Saints that touch this reality of immortality that Christ is coming for. Believers are immortal now!

I know you won't understand grin. Keep fellowshipping; you will see it.
Wow! I feel ur scripture bereft quotes. "AMAZING"
Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by sacx: 11:30am On Apr 22, 2019
DavidEsq:

Wow! I feel ur scripture bereft quotes. "AMAZING"

I knew you would find it 'AMAZING' grin. If you got eye for scripture, you will see the number of places where I quoted it.
Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by DavidEsq(m): 12:13pm On Apr 22, 2019
sacx:

I knew you would find it 'AMAZING' grin. If you got eye for scripture, you will see the number of places where I quoted it.
My eyes are "paining" me, that's why I didn't see any scripture.
Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by jiggaz(m): 7:33pm On Jan 20, 2020
Yes Lord
Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by jiggaz(m): 4:42pm On Jan 13, 2022
Glory glory glory
Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by jiggaz(m): 8:54am On Jan 14, 2022
Lord Jesus
Re: About The Rapture And The Blessed Hope Of The Bible!! - Joseph Prince Sermon by jiggaz(m): 7:10pm On Jan 14, 2022
Yeah

(1) (2) (Reply)

MaxInDHouse Of Jehovah's Witnesses Has Confessed That Jesus Is God / The Meaning Of Your Profile Name ? / The Second Marriage Of Reverend Chris Okotie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.