Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview (59513 Views)

Asian Crew Killed 2 Stowaway Nigerians On Japanese Ship, Threw Some Into Sea / The Reality About Kazakhstan And Warning To Nigerians / Oyinbo Man Spotted Hawking Soft Drinks To Nigerians In UK Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by Guruindahouse(m): 6:42pm On Apr 19, 2019
https://www.happyschools.com/sample-i-20-form/

Regarding question 1, I put a link up here for you to see a sample of I-20 which is the most important document when moving to US to study. In there, you will see where they put all the sources of fund and your expected finances( studying and living expenses).

If you can, let there be minimun of extra 5000 dollars left when you take care of your annual expenses from your fund. Some people also get financial assistance or scholarship from thier prospective university also and this will be put into consideration. This is usually happen when you are in a very good academic standing.

To the second question, the answer is yes. Look at my screenshot below. Most international students make use of sponsors since it is almost impossible for most of them(students) to have that amount of money domicile in their bank accounts. Lastly, its better to have a close relative to act as your sponsor because this is more reasonable and realistic than saying a family friend or acquaintance wanna invest in you.

Pm me if you have any further question and I will try my best to reply ASAP.

Good luck!
Alexis11:

How much is the minimum on bank account statement in that case?

Can an adult use a sponsor account?
pls reply.

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by NothingDoMe: 7:03pm On Apr 19, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
They grant elderly people visas easily though
No.
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by otipoju(m): 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2019
onyxo76:
when did you get this visa without any travel history, probably not in the last year or two, i got mine last year May. I know prayer and favor played a vital part of my success as i had only uae as my travel history on the last 5 years

2014...and its still the same fears that was there then that was in 2011 when my brother got his. Same virgin passport, virgin visa.
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by Alexis11: 11:06pm On Apr 19, 2019
Guruindahouse:
https://www.happyschools.com/sample-i-20-form/

Regarding question 1, I put a link up here for you to see a sample of I-20 which is the most important document when moving to US to study. In there, you will see where they put all the sources of fund and your expected finances( studying and living expenses).

If you can, let there be minimun of extra 5000 dollars left when you take care of your annual expenses from your fund. Some people also get financial assistance or scholarship from thier prospective university also and this will be put into consideration. This is usually happen when you are in a very good academic standing.

To the second question, the answer is yes. Look at my screenshot below. Most international students make use of sponsors since it is almost impossible for most of them(students) to have that amount of money domicile in their bank accounts. Lastly, its better to have a close relative to act as your sponsor because this is more reasonable and realistic than saying a family friend or acquaintance wanna invest in you.

Pm me if you have any further question and I will try my best to reply ASAP.

Good luck!

Thanks so much bro.
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by jamoyakz: 12:23am On Apr 20, 2019
onyxo76:
when did you get this visa without any travel history, probably not in the last year or two, i got mine last year May. I know prayer and favor played a vital part of my success as i had only uae as my travel history on the last 5 years
true Abuja since mid 2017 while Lagos December 2017. anybody without travel experience or legit documents is just donating to making America great while he or she keeps on getting the 214b paper or 212b (ban from 10 to lifetime ban). US embassy na scam

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by jamoyakz: 12:26am On Apr 20, 2019
otipoju:

2014...and its still the same fears that was there then that was in 2011 when my brother got his. Same virgin passport, virgin visa.
Bro now its so difficult in getting US visa more like impossible. I knew tons of folks who get their Visa between 2010 to 2016 but now you hardly see anyone who is successful especially with a virgin passport

3 Likes

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by wildikeman(m): 5:14am On Apr 20, 2019
Afonja007:
I want American and European embassies to make it mandatory that every one must be interviewed in his or her mother's tongue ,so all this am igbo but I don't speak igbo will stop, if you don't know how to speak your mother's tongue stay in your country angry,many my papa tell me say I be igbo full Lagos and is terrible,the only place a Nigerian behaves his or her self is in Europe or north American embassies angry
mtchewew

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by wildikeman(m): 5:17am On Apr 20, 2019
SoNature:

There's no explanation

Donald Trump made it abundantly clear: the United States of America is FULL!

That man is crazy!
Trump simply doesn't and i repeat doesn't want more blacks!!!!
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by wildikeman(m): 5:20am On Apr 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

To the last paragraph, I was told one stands a better chance of given visa if you hold strong ties to Nigeria since not having strong ties implies you'd elope.
Yours was peculiar then.
He confessed to have been to other countries. That means he may most likely return to his country. Just dont mind any body. Be true but at the end.. All na luck

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by Afonja007: 5:26am On Apr 20, 2019
wildikeman:
mtchewew
achorom ima icho ima igaa ebe ima ifughi ima imagoro mkpi angry
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by wildikeman(m): 5:27am On Apr 20, 2019
Sparkle777:
Naija ppl no dey waste money for American visas now,the thing they pain dem die. Dem want us to still be doing mumu when Canada sure pass.

But can we be honest for a minute. Most of y'all applying for US Visa don't have any plans of coming back. I have a friend that spearheads condemning US embassy of denying us visa,he is very vocal abt it but I know,he told me of cos,that once he steps foot in America, he will never come back. He is even willing to marry a whitey and get situated there,he will be sending home money.

But the in country now is Canada, good thing they give visas more than America.
very soon canada will follow suit. Of course nobody wants to come back and they know about it. But truth be told, if it were you nkor?

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by wildikeman(m): 5:29am On Apr 20, 2019
Ugosample:

What sort of stupid talk is that "my papa tell me I be igbo"

Does any one needs to tell you your ancestry?

Common sense una no get
no mind am my brother... Na so dem dey reason. No wonder dem no dey give such persons visa
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by wildikeman(m): 5:40am On Apr 20, 2019
Afonja007:
achorom ima icho ima igaa ebe ima ifughi ima imagoro mkpi angry
undecided
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by wildikeman(m): 5:54am On Apr 20, 2019
Ugosample:

Nigeria CANNOT be developed

that's the fact
the current structure and demography is against its development

Tho you are right thst America owes no one nothing

if they refuse to open the door

it's theur RIGHT

it's also ones right to want to flee the HQ of extreme poverty and wickedness
So it's a two way thing
this my good sir is the most sensible comment so far.. America doesn't owe anybody anything. Its like a gamble applying and it hurts when denied and no explanation given. But at the end of the day, its their right and there's almost nothing that can be done about it. That's why me.. I'm sitting my ikebe in Nigeria. I don't have money to waste

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by onyxo76(m): 7:11am On Apr 20, 2019
otipoju:

things were relatively better then my brother also got his in 2012 same level like yours but in the last year or two it has been really rough, there is a thread on US visa here on this platform, so many stories of denial there

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by onyxo76(m): 7:18am On Apr 20, 2019
jamoyakz:
Bro now its so difficult in getting US visa more like impossible. I knew tons of folks who get their Visa between 2010 to 2016 but now you hardly see anyone who is successful especially with a virgin passport
thanks sir, you're very current, it's really tough getting it now, even with a solid travel history and good ties its a 50% chance..

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by jamoyakz: 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2019
onyxo76:
thanks sir, you're very current, it's really tough getting it now, even with a solid travel history and good ties its a 50% chance..
yes ooo... las las everybody go dey alright God willing
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by otipoju(m): 1:54pm On Apr 20, 2019
onyxo76:
things were relatively better then my brother also got his in 2012 same level like yours but in the last year or two it has been really rough, there is a thread on US visa here on this platform, so many stories of denial there

There is a reason for this but i dont want to say it here.
Ill hint at it and hope the wise decode.

Without beating down anybody's aspirations and grateful for God's mercies for my life

Not everyone who applies is qualified especially in relation to the second criteria of proving that you can sustain yourself during your visit.

The loophole has been closed with the simple using of prior travel experience as " actual proof that you have gone and come back without being a liablity to your host country"

The actual evidence of prior travel experience helps them to screen and to answer the three questions... Of valid reason, adequate finances and strong enough socio economic ties in one stroke .

Moreso you have orange man in charge and you all know his mindset.
Re: US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview by Bossjakande: 6:02am On Apr 29, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Ok. Thanks for your time. smiley
baby girl pls stop dis attack on Vic let it go pls I dont like attention it bring to u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Facts About Nnewi The Nigerian Village With The Most Billionaires / Pictures Of Muhammed Buhari International Airport, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State / The Oshodi Transport Interchange That Buhari Will Commission In Lagos (Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.