Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,384 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her (21608 Views)

Mtn’s MOMO Bank "Mistakenly" Transfers N22.3 Billion To 8,000 Customers / bank mistakenly sent me money, now my Account Balance Reads Negative (-#100,000) / Bank Mistakenly Credited A Zimbabwean Student's Account With N19.4M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her by sichri(m): 5:54pm On Apr 19, 2019
nifemi25:
Mo foo. You mean a lady barber returned 250k that was mistakenly gave to her in the bank..... Who does that?

What people like you don't know is, whenever a customer is overpaid, the Teller who treated the transaction has to pay the difference. Note: the Teller's salary is likely less than 100k.

So, don't think the bank is losing money.

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her by thatigboman: 7:02pm On Apr 19, 2019
Wisdomval67:

Haven’t you heard of cctv before?
I have not
Re: Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her by sunnedee2: 7:13pm On Apr 19, 2019
INDUSTRIALFAN:
I'm sorry... I won't. Not like I can't but I just won't. I will take it and dash it to someone in need. First bank in particular. Those guys are thieves. angry
Lol. Someone will have to pay that money you know?
Re: Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her by sunnedee2: 7:14pm On Apr 19, 2019
ourema:

I would have paid the money back in to my account and then wait to see what will happen

The staff that made the mistake will have to pay that money you know?
Re: Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her by sunnedee2: 7:15pm On Apr 19, 2019
Jabioro:
l will not return it,after all l signed for 250k...Some yrs a mallam over paid me cash of 75k,l bundle counted it in his presence,told him about it...he told me l did know to bundle count huge amount and left with the cash l signed for...he was later looking for bal...me no ans am again.

Funny guy. Won't you think of the person that will have to bear the brunt of the mistake?

1 Like

Re: Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:24pm On Apr 19, 2019
sunnedee2:

Lol. Someone will have to pay that money you know?
who will now pay the ones they've been taking from me? On numerous occasions, I've had monies sent to the account and I never got alerted. Complained and they checked only to tell me the money was there but to access it, do this do that. I did all they asked they then asked me for national ID, gave them the slip and they said they can't use it cos its the old kind(mind you it was still valid) went through d stress of doing a new one last month. Went back to claim my money and they asked me to print out bank statement. I did but lo and behold, all the monies I didn't receive but were confirmed to be there last year have suddenly vanished without a trace. I was trying to get to the root of the matter the customer care rep just looked at me and said "oga i ts time for my lunch. My colleague will attend to you when she comes"
I repeat those people re thieves. First bank to be specific.
Re: Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her by KingSango(m): 8:12pm On Apr 19, 2019
meobizy:

Nairaland is populated with Nigerians.
Nobody gives a fvck about whatever message you've tried to pass across for a year plus.
Reddit is full of Americans.
I'm sure you'll find an audience there.

Nigeria is the largest African nation on Earth and as such is seen as the African super power
Re: Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her by sunnedee2: 8:19pm On Apr 19, 2019
INDUSTRIALFAN:
who will now pay the ones they've been taking from me? On numerous occasions, I've had monies sent to the account and I never got alerted. Complained and they checked only to tell me the money was there but to access it, do this do that. I did all they asked they then asked me for national ID, gave them the slip and they said they can't use it cos its the old kind(mind you it was still valid) went through d stress of doing a new one last month. Went back to claim my money and they asked me to print out bank statement. I did but lo and behold, all the monies I didn't receive but were confirmed to be there last year have suddenly vanished without a trace. I was trying to get to the root of the matter the customer care rep just looked at me and said "oga i ts time for my lunch. My colleague will attend to you when she comes"
I repeat those people re thieves. First bank to be specific.

Really? This is serious!
First Bank did it to me too but I just ignored them and continued with my life.
I pray you get your money though.
One love bro
Re: Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her by Mike4S: 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2019
Yes, she was in the church to thank God for avoiding the temptation of spending that money
Re: Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:13pm On Apr 19, 2019
sunnedee2:

Really? This is serious!
First Bank did it to me too but I just ignored them and continued with my life.
I pray you get your money though.
One love bro
wow.. Even you? I've heard similar tales from 2 different people. The bank seems to know what they're doing cos both people have told me their tales of frustration to the point they had to let the money go because there was no head way.
Re: Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her by Jabioro: 10:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
sunnedee2:

Funny guy. Won't you think of the person that will have to bear the brunt of the mistake?
Dat no dey concerned me
Re: Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her by Emyjeze(m): 1:52am On Apr 20, 2019
Even the gods will be mad at me....

Re: Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her by nerolistick(m): 12:37pm On Apr 20, 2019
hmmmmmmmmmmm I find it hard 2 believe. u mean u withdraw such amount and u did not count it before leaving the � assuming d Moni is not complete who we bear the loss
I smell lie
Re: Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her by sunnedee2: 7:41pm On Apr 20, 2019
INDUSTRIALFAN:
wow.. Even you? I've heard similar tales from 2 different people. The bank seems to know what they're doing cos both people have told me their tales of frustration to the point they had to let the money go because there was no head way.
Check my posts. I commented on a thread and shared the story.
Even though the money isn't much, it is still my money.
But I had to let go because I don't really have time to waste in a bank.
Meanwhile, my second account with First Bank is still my primary account and it works well. Very well.

Here's my experience

sunnedee2:
Why wont they be dormant?
I had a First Bank that hadn't been used for a long time.
Went there to activate and was told to bring identity.
Took Intl passport there and they said the network to verify it is down.
I am sure that account will remain dormant for a long long time coz I dont think I will go there again.
I even dash them the money there. Mtcheww
Re: Lady Returns The Extra N250k Access Bank Mistakenly Gave To Her by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:19pm On Apr 20, 2019
sunnedee2:

Check my posts. I commented on a thread and shared the story.
Even though the money isn't much, it is still my money.
But I had to let go because I don't really have time to waste in a bank.
Meanwhile, my second account with First Bank is still my primary account and it works well. Very well.

Here's my experience

nawao. One of the people who told me their tale of woes is a lady who has about 200k stuck there. After pursuing it for close to 2 years, she gave up. Mine is about 30k and in my dorm account 60 dollars which they have also refused to give me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Make Money From The FOREX MARKET- Either You Are A Trader Or Not. / Concern For Investors As Access Bank, FCMB Others Lose ₦1.7 Billion To Fraud / Diamond Bank Reverses The Stamp Duty Charge After These Tweets To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.