Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,915 members, 7,806,661 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? (9834 Views)

Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) / Sex On Good Friday / Good Friday: 7 Catholic Devotees Nailed To Cross In Philippines (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by baganas: 5:37pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hier:

There is not D about it.

Man(Adam) lost it to the devil, another Man(Jesus) took back what was stolen from the man(Adam). Now, since He(Jesus) collected it, He(Jesus) will make us what Adam should be and should have become.
How? Adam died and we all continue to die even after Jesus concurred death. So what's the difference?

1 Like

Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by Alphalum: 5:46pm On Apr 19, 2019
In my life, the story that up till today I don't see anyone who can explain it better for me to understand is this story surrounding the death of Jesus Christ. Must GOD (his father) suck blood before he can forgive the sins of mankind. He must be a blood thirsty God

2 Likes

Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2019
Why is black Friday called black Friday?
Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by Ebenezerk2: 6:07pm On Apr 19, 2019
Because you are dumb to light of christ
nathdim:
the story sounds so dumb
Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by Hier(m): 6:12pm On Apr 19, 2019
baganas:

How? Adam died and we all continue to die even after Jesus concurred death. So what's the difference?

One dies and go to Heaven because he is Spiritually alive(born again) as at the point of death(physical death)

another dies and goes to hell because he is spiritually dead(not born again and has not dissociated himself from the death that fell upon Adam during the fall)

God is our saviour. God is in Christ, reconciling the world unto Hinself.

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

It is still God that is doing all the work
Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by tunderay(m): 6:31pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ebenezerk2:
Because without a shed of blood, there is no remission of sins, His blood gives us hope, Christianity is all about the death, the suffering and the transfiguration of Jesus Christ, without this, no Christianity
So if anyone can proof that Jesus was not killed, it means no remission of sin , and all those that claimed to die believing in his death and resurrection are losers?
Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by nathdim: 7:38pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ebenezerk2:
Because you are dumb to light of christ
woow coming from a wonderful Christian anyways as for me i can be a good person on my own without the aid of any imaginary light there are so many people who don't have anything to do with christ and they are very good

1 Like

Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by beetroit: 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2019
nathdim:
the story sounds so dumb
are u not a Christian
Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by nathdim: 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hier:

This aint fairytales, so many religion has their believe hanging on the truth of the Bible who naturally are enemies of the gospel. What can you say about that. As a matter of fact, if these are just works by some romans, why do the so called enemies of the gospel also share the same line of origin and upmost similarities with us
wat about Buddhism they are hundreds of millions of them they don't have christ in their teaching and they preach peace and love so you gonna condemn them because they don't believe in christ
Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by nathdim: 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2019
beetroit:

are u not a Christian
must i be a Christian or read the Bible to be good to my fellow people
Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by drfun(m): 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hmm just passing
Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by Sman37(m): 8:44pm On Apr 19, 2019
Nairalandmentor:
Because something good happened on that day. Something really good for humanity. Christ came to die, he gave himself up to be crucified. No one took his life from him by force. He laid it down himself for the liberation of humanity from the eternal grip of the devil.
Without the shedding of blood there wouldn't have been redemption. Hebrews 9:22

No advance payments required! Get your website designed then pay after. Kindly click HERE to see our beautiful designs.
Sorry if it hurt ur fillings but to be logical and sincere + common sense how, who is mor powerful to flug, force, and kill God or son of God who created all eg is = u saying goat kill a lion***
Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by Hintona(f): 9:29pm On Apr 19, 2019
Olajah81:
Who is Jesus
You can google it
Jesus is the son of Yahweh the true God
Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by sonmvayina(m): 9:40pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hintona:

You can google it
Jesus is the son of Yahweh the true God
But God is consciousness.... How is jesus son of consciousness?... The God described in the old testament is the divine consciousness personified.....

But we all are spiritual beings (Gods breath) dwelling in a physical body... How is jesus different?.. Death is really nothing if you consider psalm 104 :29-31 and ecclesiastes 12 :7.. Read them up and tell me what you think?
Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by Antichristus: 10:45pm On Apr 19, 2019
Who was your English teacher?
Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by Hier(m): 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
nathdim:
wat about Buddhism they are hundreds of millions of them they don't have christ in their teaching and they preach peace and love so you gonna condemn them because they don't believe in christ

The devil is condemning them already
Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by nathdim: 4:00pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hier:

The devil is condemning them already
says who are you their creator
Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by Hier(m): 8:28am On Apr 22, 2019
nathdim:
says who are you their creator

From the light of Christianity, the devil would not let any of them into Heaven.
Re: Who, What, Why: Why Is Good Friday Called Good Friday? by nathdim: 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hier:

From the light of Christianity, the devil would not let any of them into Heaven.
you are not corresponding with me

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need A Strong Deliverance Minister, My Life Is Crumbling Fast!1 / Share Your Salvation Experience, What Led You To Christ? / Why Have Jews Been Persecuted So Much Throughout History?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.