Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,134,927 members, 7,749,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 February 2024 at 04:24 AM

Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall (1620 Views)

Samsung’s Foldable Phone Is The Galaxy Fold, Starting At N714,780 / Samsung's Foldable Smartphone Will Cost Up To $2,500 / The Galaxy F, Samsung Foldable Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by MobileChic: 1:16pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hey guys!

If you follow techs around the world, i'm sure you must have heard all the campaigns about foldable phones and their awesome super powers. ��. It made quite an IMPRESSION. Forgive my capslock but it was very necessary. Lol. An Andriod phone that becomes a tab just be flipping a part of the screen... yes please.��

Okay, I think I'm leaving the main purpose of this post. Lol. Mobilechic stop swooning. Lol

So, a bunch of this fldable phones were sent to some top tech reviewers like Mark Gurman and Steve Kovach amongst others and the unimaginable happened after a few days.

Phone was foldable alright but screen damage was reported in those reviewers after a few days.

Now, if it was just one reveiwer, I would say that maybe he's a careless fellow (as I am with my tecno) but in the hands of more than 2 reveiwers? The problem must have from the ogas at the top yeah? Lol.

That's just part of the gist. For the full news���

https://mobilityarena.com/broken-samsung-galaxy-fold-screens-reviewers/

Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by mysteryman2014: 1:20pm On Apr 19, 2019
Na wa o. With all the hype about foldable phones, mtchew.

1 Like

Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by MobileChic: 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2019
mysteryman2014:
Na wa o. With all the hype about foldable phones, mtchew.

You get! � It was really disappointing.
Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 1:55pm On Apr 19, 2019
It's not so much of a serious issue, most people's units broke because tget tried to remove a polymer layer on the screen which they thought was a screen protector...
Samsung has responded and will fix it... No big deal!!

1 Like

Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by IamSunshine(f): 5:06pm On Apr 19, 2019
Well, i think it is. Creating a foldable phone is too much of a big deal. Let's hope the issue is fixed like they promised. This will only delay and reduce sales though.
quote author=PhenomenalMorgan post=77677771]It's not so much of a serious issue, most people's units broke because tget tried to remove a polymer layer on the screen which they thought was a screen protector...
Samsung has responded and will fix it... No big deal!![/quote]

Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by IamSunshine(f): 5:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
MobileChic:

You get! � It was really disappointing.
Lol. I expected it undecided
Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by korban3134(m): 5:37pm On Apr 19, 2019
I would take a more "durable" regular screen over a folding one anyday undecided undecided
Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by 1zynnvn(m): 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2019
Technology is evolving. Kudos to Samsung for this great leap, this is the first generation, errors are bound to occur. But I won't completely write them off. One day you will look back on your regular rectangle phone and laugh at it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by falcon01: 8:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
see complainers every where.. its the first of its kind there mist be issues.. The second one will be better than this and so on until it reaches its peak! and then baam new technology.

1 Like

Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by MobileChic: 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2019
Exactly... Technology is evolving.
I trust Samsung to learn from their mistakes though.
Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by MobileChic: 8:15pm On Apr 19, 2019
Exactly... Technology is evolving.
I trust Samsung to learn from their mistakes though.
1zynnvn:
Technology is evolving. Kudos to Samsung for this great leap, this is the first generation, errors are bound to occur. But I won't completely right them off. One day you will look back on your regular rectangle phone and laugh at it.
Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by WinnieTegz: 10:03pm On Apr 19, 2019
Atleast they have done something different. What can you say of other brands??
Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by Mandyxy: 10:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
Right These kinds of phones comes with extra complicated dos and donts that i'd rather not have to bother myself with
korban3134:
I would take a more "durable" regular screen over a folding one anyday undecided undecided
Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by shogsman(m): 10:19pm On Apr 19, 2019
Not a problem, the main purpose of sending it out to tech reviewers was to check the constant of the phone,hence purpose served,now they'll correct it and baam we got a perfect foldable phone.
Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by kingxsamz(m): 12:05am On Apr 20, 2019
They did well. TECHNOLOGY is evolving, but am I the only one who doesn't like this folding trend?
Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by eki2000(m): 6:15am On Apr 20, 2019
there is nothing special about this folding phone, it does same thing with Android. I can't waste my hard earned money on this device.

2 Likes

Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by MobileChic: 9:24am On Apr 20, 2019
The same way there's nothing special about iPhones yet people still spend their "hard earned money" on it. Trust me, tech lovers will buy this so much expensive phone without blinking twice. Lol.
eki2000:
there is nothing special about this folding phone, it does same thing with Android. I can't waste my hard earned money on this device.
Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by WinnieTegz: 9:30am On Apr 20, 2019
Yes, bruh. Only you. Foldable device is like owning double gadget. Wo doesn't like double
kingxsamz:
They did well. TECHNOLOGY is evolving, but am I the only one who doesn't like this folding trend?

1 Like

Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by Mandyxy: 4:49am On Apr 21, 2019
LOL

We are NIgerians Na

falcon01:
see complainers every where.. its the first of its kind there mist be issues.. The second one will be better than this and so on until it reaches its peak! and then baam new technology.
Re: Almighty Samsung Foldable Phones; Not So Mighty Afterall by MobileChic: 11:38am On Apr 25, 2019
Now i am forced to compare Samsung Foldable Phone and Xiaomi Unbreakable Screen.

What do y'all think? smiley

(1) (Reply)

Huawei Y9 Clean Used For Sale@59,999 or swap with Redmi Note 7 / Infinix Smart3 Vs Itel P33 Plus / Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.