Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,338 members, 7,780,889 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:55 AM

Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage (71569 Views)

Ganduje Confused, My Political Son That Can’t Look At Me Directly – Kwankwaso / Someone That Can’t Produce A Councilor Is Endorsing Candidate - Bashir Ahmad / FlashBack: Governors That Can’t Pay Salaries Should Resign – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 19, 2019
so I have a boss that pays me 20k monthly and I have nothing to save at the end of the month.where do I get money to sue him to recover my balance? Is there any bank or govt program that finance law suit aside the regular charge and bail lawyers provided by FG

1 Like

Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by easzypeaszy(m): 5:28pm On Apr 19, 2019
persons who are in other kinds of regulated employment are exempted by the Act.

This part placed 80% workers in the category.. Bc I work in the bank..#note der is a diff bw Banker and Bank worker...So am a contract staff and dis shit ain't gonna affect us...I don die ooo...mk una giv me Custom work oo

1 Like

Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 19, 2019
My current salary is 40k.

Now they have implemented this, what would be the percentage increase or it wouldn't apply to me?
Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by easzypeaszy(m): 5:35pm On Apr 19, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Now they have implemented this, what would be the percentage increase or it wouldn't apply to me?
depending on wer u work...mine is 75k n dey alrdy told us to tk our ass off d pay bc I wasnt paid minimum wage in d frst place

1 Like

Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 19, 2019
easzypeaszy:
depending on wer u work...mine is 75k n dey alrdy told us to tk our ass off d pay bc I wasnt paid minimum wage in d frst place

Nawa o...
Not fair if you ask me.
Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by Epzilon: 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2019
pearcy:
Please my people, help a starving brother. I have been pleading for help since 2 days now. I'm a student who returned to school last week because of the prospects of exams starting on Monday and also because I was opportuned to enter a free ride. my family isn't bouyant enough and my dad has severe high BP that's why I had to find my way so as not to make him to start thinking about where to get money to give me. I haven't eaten a decent food since I got back and am starving.

I am soliciting for help from well meaning people who will be touched enough to hear my plight and have mercy. I am not asking for much, no matter how little, it will go a long way. God bless you all
GO AND CARRY BLOCK. YOU WILL GET AT LEAST 1K PER DAY

1 Like

Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by Olajah81: 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2019
Zombiekiller010:
What of youth corpers

See wasted sperm

1 Like

Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by Olajah81: 5:41pm On Apr 19, 2019
30k my dog weekly feeding allowance
Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by patosky3310(m): 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2019
Those who are in other kinds of regulated employment....... Does it include those in the private sector?
Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by faceland: 5:43pm On Apr 19, 2019
candlewax:
so I have a boss that pays me 20k monthly and I have nothing to save at the end of the month.where do I get money to sue him to recover my balance? Is there any bank or govt program that finance law suit aside the regular charge and bail lawyers provided by FG

Tell him about the national minimum wage and your dissatisfaction with the pay he is giving you... So he can sack you and choose one out of the 20 other people willing to take your job for 20k or less.

Now alternatively, you can ask yourself if your boss can afford to pay people 30k and has he paid someone that amount of money. Then get the skills of those people and solve a 30k problem.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by faceland: 5:46pm On Apr 19, 2019
easzypeaszy:
persons who are in other kinds of regulated employment are exempted by the Act.

This part placed 80% workers in the category.. Bc I work in the bank..#note der is a diff bw Banker and Bank worker...So am a contract staff and dis shit ain't gonna affect us...I don die ooo...mk una giv me Custom work oo

Marketers included.

1 Like

Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 19, 2019
faceland:

Tell him about the national minimum wage and your dissatisfaction with the pay he is giving you... So he can save you and choose one out of the 20 other people willing to take your job for 20k or less.

grin grin

Honestly, that bill should be restricted to the Public Sector.

The Private Sector should be spared for now until Government have done the needful.

Running Business in Nigeria requires the grace of God.
Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 19, 2019
faceland:

Tell him about the national minimum wage and your dissatisfaction with the pay he is giving you... So he can save you and choose one out of the 20 other people willing to take your job for 20k or less.

exactly. Its for government workers and big coys

2 Likes

Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by luxiesagripro: 5:48pm On Apr 19, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Should be N66,666.00.
Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2019
candlewax:

exactly. Its for government workers and big coys

Several "Big Companies" left Nigeria for a reason o.

1 Like

Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by densiks: 5:52pm On Apr 19, 2019
On a lighter note,It's fair to say that 'oloshos' aka hustlers will also increase their minimum charges.

Folks who travel such route should brace up,h
Winter is here!
Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by boiz2men(m): 5:52pm On Apr 19, 2019
AntiBrutus:
My current salary is 750k.

you are looking for trouble grin grin grin

trouble marker..

You made a mistake. I fixed it. You are welcome cheesy
Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 19, 2019
boiz2men:

you are looking for trouble grin grin grin

trouble marker..

You made a mistake. I fixed it. You are welcome cheesy

This has always been my problem with you, you don't know when someone is serious.

Will my salary change?
Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by faceland: 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2019
rawfact:

grin grin

Honestly, that bill should be restricted to the Public Sector.

The Private Sector should be spared for now until Government have done the needful.

Running Business in Nigeria requires the grace of God.

It is big private companies that are in trouble. Those that are forced to even pay pension and insure all employees.... The SMS business would just ask the applicant to sign that they are willing to work for less.

Nigerian government has never operated a self-sufficient organisation at profit, so I don't expect them to understand what it takes to run a successful business.
Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by boiz2men(m): 6:00pm On Apr 19, 2019
AntiBrutus:

This has always been my problem with you, you don't know when someone is serious.

Will my salary change?

im sorry it wont. It should but revenue will not automatically increase for private businesses.
Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by jackals(f): 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2019
Why will I work when I have pucci??
Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by JustAPhase(m): 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2019
Olajah81:
30k my dog weekly feeding allowance

Oga o, and I dey here dey roast for street.
Abeg help a brother.
Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by grandstar(m): 6:09pm On Apr 19, 2019
Ankakh:

Read the full story on Independent Newspapers

Hong Kong, probably the most capitalist country in the world at one time had no minimum wage. I don't know if this is so.

I'm not a fan of minimum wage. If it was implemented to the letter, millions I'm sure will lose their jobs.

How many states outside Lagos, Rivers and Abuja can private employers afford to pay this new minimum wage? High minimum wage countries have a higher level of unemployment especially amongst youths than those with low minimum wage.

In Sweden, it's been fingered as one of the prime culprits for the high unemployment rate plaguing 2nd generation swedes of immigrants. Unable to find work because of the high minimum wage and feeling worthless without a job, they turn to crime.

2 Likes

Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by densiks: 6:09pm On Apr 19, 2019
jackals:
Why will I work when I have pucci??

You'll still have to work hard to justify your wage with whatever tools you own.�

1 Like

Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by bcashy: 6:09pm On Apr 19, 2019
pearcy:
Please my people, help a starving brother. I have been pleading for help since 2 days now. I'm a student who returned to school last week because of the prospects of exams starting on Monday and also because I was opportuned to enter a free ride. my family isn't bouyant enough and my dad has severe high BP that's why I had to find my way so as not to make him to start thinking about where to get money to give me. I haven't eaten a decent food since I got back and am starving.

I am soliciting for help from well meaning people who will be touched enough to hear my plight and have mercy. I am not asking for much, no matter how little, it will go a long way. God bless you all

Bros, na every week u dey return to school to do exams Haha! Na wa oooo.....this no be better wat of life ooo....u know wat am saying!
Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by stifej: 6:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
pearcy:

Alaye, do you knw that you have stylishly become a professional better, you have been posting this same thrash for over two months now. Get a grip on yourself, there is dignity in Labour. I was once a student like you and many times I supported myself through school by working on construction sites. Stop bagging, it ain't dignifying.
Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 19, 2019
boiz2men:

im sorry it wont. It should but revenue will not automatically increase for private businesses.

I am crying now... cry cry
Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 19, 2019
Will Npower Beneficiaries Enjoy The New Wage?
Re: Three Categories Of People That Can’t Benefit From New Minimum Wage by grandstar(m): 6:13pm On Apr 19, 2019
Epzilon:

GO AND CARRY BLOCK. YOU WILL GET AT LEAST 1K PER DAY

You mean 2,000

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari, Alhassan, Adamu, Jibril Are Sick - SGF / President Muhammadu Buhari Unveils Nigeria At 60 Logo / The Official Cars Of The Nigerian Service Chiefs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.